Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? (10522 Views)

My Aunty Gave Me Her Breast Milk To Drink: Right Or Wrong? / AT The Age Of 12 Her DAD Still Baths Her In The Bathroom. "Right Or Wrong? / Housemaid Serving The Husband: Is It Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by IAMBREEZY: 5:56pm On Jul 02, 2013
I'ts no big deal,i'll surely do that for my little girl when she clocks 18
Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by supaeagles(m): 5:56pm On Jul 02, 2013
MissYuzedo: I buys cars for me and my sweetus midgets. i kant affordin to let seun people kidnappin my midgets
yuzedo:
You this animal, i will kill you o! MODs wtf is this?! angry angry angry angry angry angry
ha ha.. Oga yuzedo has been yuzedoed .. but why you no invite me for your marriage... you no want make i chop rice/chicken??
Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by johnstar(m): 5:58pm On Jul 02, 2013
Wrong, dis is wat dey need

3 Likes

Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by jimcaddy(m): 6:00pm On Jul 02, 2013
Nothing wrong in buying a car for you child.. Infact, every one needs a car as a matter of urgent necessity. Gone are those days when car was a 'luxury' item.. So sad some parent still have the mindset of the 70's and 80's
Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by jimcaddy(m): 6:01pm On Jul 02, 2013
Nothing wrong in buying a car for you child.. Infact, every one needs a car as a matter of urgent necessity. Gone are those days when car was a 'luxury' item.. So sad some parents still have the mindset of the 70's and 80's
Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by Fhemmmy: 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2013
I think it all depends on the age of the child . . . I once told a "Father" once that i would love to give my daughter a car at the age of 16, for her to move around and be herself and i wont have to drive her around again . . . But the person told me that it is not a good idea, that i could buy the ride and give her the permission to drive it, but dont tell her that it was bought for her, cos what i see as good could be something else at the end of the day.
But for your kids on their wedding day, you give as a gift, i am sure that is very much welcomes.
Thus my comment about, dependency on age of the child.

2 Likes

Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by FulaniBOII(m): 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2013
Nothing wrong but for me the child will agree to fuel the car, if the child cant fuel it I have no reason to buy one for the child.

2 Likes

Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 02, 2013
Yesssssssssssss angry

Oh boy, I suffered my first year in college angry until my mom decided to have mercy on me grin

And yes, I'll buy my children cars o, I don experience the suffrage myself. None of my pikins will go through what I had to go through riding on disgusting public buses with groceries or missing appts because the bus came late.
Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by ichidodo: 6:12pm On Jul 02, 2013
MissYuzedo: I buys cars for me and my sweetus midgets. i kant affordin to let seun people kidnappin my midgets
Yuzedo which one you dey nah?!

1 Like

Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 02, 2013
Fulani BOII: yeah But the child will agree to fuel the car, if the child cant fuel it I have no reason to buy one for the child.

True that wink

Me: Gas no dey

Mom: Come and turn me to gas now grin

Got a job real quick wink wink
Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 02, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

True that wink

Me: Gas no dey

Mom: Come and turn me to gas now
grin

Got a job real quick wink wink
grin grin
Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 02, 2013
Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 02, 2013
ibkaye:
grin grin

Lol the funniest part was when she'd ask me where I went and how I dried up my gas so quick.

Me: To the Library and Church embarassed
Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by Fhemmmy: 6:17pm On Jul 02, 2013
chaircover:

Okayyyyyyyyyyy grin

I have one turning 17 in a bit. We have applied for a provisional license and he is getting a block of driving lessons as his birthday present.
When he passes his test, we are going to get him a banger. It will def make my life much easier. He can now run errands for me and I cease being the "glorified" taxi driver. He can now drive himself to the shops or wherever he wants to go cool grin

[s]it also means that he now has no reason to touch my car. [/s] grin

That is important . . . something that he smashed, and he is fine, you just walk away and he could use that to learn and master all the tricks of driving.
Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 02, 2013
Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by greatgod2012(f): 6:27pm On Jul 02, 2013
Its one of the things me and hubby have decided to do, once they get to 18years old, they would be bought a car each, it will help to ease their movement and also helps to reduce our own stress, plus, i dont want my children to suffer the way i suffered while in school.
"aye ti esin o le je, o ye ki iru idi e le je"
May God help us.
Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by akereconfi: 6:28pm On Jul 02, 2013
Diegobonito2162: Good news, All networks are giving each line 2000 credit Just register using this link http://realcredit.wapka.mobi ,when u enter your number,they will send u a code you will use to register,after you finish registering u will see 2000naira ALL NETWORKS, if u have multiple lines u can do it over and over again and u will be given 2000 register and you will be glad you did. Thanks

YOU are a big FOOL and only FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLS will fall for such a cheap trash.
Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 02, 2013
pafestula: Buying car as a gift for child or children, some people sees it as wrong moves and way of destroying their future or career, while some does not even attached any meanings to it. I don't want to sound sentimental here, as for me, if u are able to afford it for your children, I don't see such portraying any harms, some wealthy people still condemned the act, please matured response on Nairaland is seriously needed on this issue if the act is on point or off point, or when buying it, must it be lower cost of car or the act is totally off point? . Thanks

Lol @ destroying a child's life. use your head people.

Got my first car "birthday gift" @ 16 and my future is still awesome.

The only worrisome ish is the safety on the road at young age.

1 Like

Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by yuzedo: 6:29pm On Jul 02, 2013
ichidodo: Yuzedo which one you dey nah?!
Bro tell dat anonymos karashika dat if she want to used my name and be my babes let her gimme punny! Dis witch wantu spoil my macket in dis websight witout even giveing me one grain of punny!!! Nooo wayyyy!!!! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by Zokie(f): 6:33pm On Jul 02, 2013
car or bicycle
Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by nickz(m): 6:37pm On Jul 02, 2013
popsi needs to read this thread grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 02, 2013
ijeoma evan: To some parents, buying a car for their child is not a big deal. To some, it is. I think it depends on the reason and purpose of the car. Some parents see it as a necessity to ease the burden of public transportation. My first car was a gift from my dad.

Yea, a keke napepsa..
Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by Edunwa302(m): 6:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
What need is the car to the child is d issue, if he or she needs d car for good reason apart from going to school then I think its ok
Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by pappilo(m): 6:57pm On Jul 02, 2013
What a stupid question? I cant even believe this is being debated

My dad gave me a car in my second year in Uni. I sold the car after Uni and he topped the money up for me to buy another car. I didn't buy a new car instaed I changed the money to pounds and survived on it for my first 18 months in England.
My dad has bought a brand new car for every single one of his children (2 for one of my sister's cause her first was stolen after 11 months)

Who should he spend his money on? Charlatans and praise singers? Like someone asked, should he keep the money in the bank and watch his children fly okada everywhere? poverty mentality IMHO.
Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2013
I will teach my children how to make money from the age of 6. By the age of 18, they have earned enough money to buy themselves cars. They earn their luxury. I provide their necessity. GBAM!

1 Like

Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by vicholas(m): 7:09pm On Jul 02, 2013
You can buy a car for your son or daughter if you can afford it. Ọmọ lere aiye
Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2013
I WILL BUY A CAR FOR MY KIDS WHEN THEY GET TO 40 YEARS OF AGE. TILL THEN ? I AINT BUYING THEM NO INSTRUMENT OF DEATH. I RECKON BY THE TIME THEY GET TO 40 I WOULD BE TIRED OF LOOKING AT THEM SO THEY CAN HAVE A CAR. IF THEY KILL THEMSELF IN ACCIDENT AFTER 40 NA DEM WAHALA BE DAT
Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by archiboy: 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2013
No big deal jooooor, it depends on d level of d child in question
Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by AbuMikey(m): 7:38pm On Jul 02, 2013
yuzedo:
You this animal, i will kill you o! MODs wtf is this?! angry angry angry angry angry angry
Nor Kill me with laff oo
Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by AjanleKoko: 7:41pm On Jul 02, 2013
chaircover:

Okayyyyyyyyyyy grin

I have one turning 17 in a bit. We have applied for a provisional license and he is getting a block of driving lessons as his birthday present.
When he passes his test, we are going to get him a banger. It will def make my life much easier. He can now run errands for me and I cease being the "glorified" taxi driver. He can now drive himself to the shops or wherever he wants to go cool grin

[s]it also means that he now has no reason to touch my car. [/s] grin

Okay. Apart from you, everyone else cease and desist from commenting angry tongue grin
Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
Re: Buying Car As A Gift For Your Children, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2013
chaircover:

Not just that . .. but for some bizarre reason these kids prefer old 10 year old ford fiestas and golfs to a newer toyota prius or avensis for example. Funny Kids I tell you.

If you buy him something new, how can he flex and pretend to be working on his car? A boy's gotta have his car pimped jo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent / Why Won't He Treat Her As A Queen All The Days Of His Life? / Please What Kind Of Body Cream And Soap Can I Use For A Year Old Baby.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.