Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

SS1 Student Can’t Spell Teacher’s Name - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / SS1 Student Can’t Spell Teacher’s Name (862 Views)

‘my Wife Is So Smelly, Dirty I Can’t Sleep With Her’ - Husband Tells Court / I Can’t Believe My Husband Is Asking Me For This!! / I Can’t Cope With His Big Manhood- Wife Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SS1 Student Can’t Spell Teacher’s Name by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2013
A senior secondary student, Kelvin Agbedo, on Monday shocked both the court officials and litigants present when he was asked to spell the name of his teacher, John, in court as part of consideration for his bail and he could not do so.
The 20-year old SS1 student of Awujuola Secondary School, Mile 2 Estate, Apapa, Lagos, southwest Nigeria, said he was not familiar with the spelling because he was not good at spellings.
The presiding Magistrate Mr. P. E. Adekomanya wondered if he was actually a student as he claimed and he said yes and mentioned again the name of his school.
Aghedo from Esan in Edo State, southsouth Nigeria, was arrested by the police along Ojo road Ajegunle Division for allegedly stealing a Techno handset worth N5,000 belonging to Segun Alli.
He was charged before Apapa Magistrate’s court with stealing under the Criminal Code.
When he was arraigned in court, he pleaded not guilty.
He explained in court that he actually picked up the set along the road and did not steal it as alleged by the police.
He passionately pleaded with the court to allow him go because he was still a student.
At that point the Magistrate asked him the name of his school which he gave.
When he was asked to mention the name of his principal, he said he did not know.
The Magistrate then asked him further questions to determine whether he was a student or not, by asking him to tell the court the name of his teacher.
Agbedo said his teacher’s name is John and when he was asked to spell the name, he said he did not know and quickly added that he couldn’t remember how to spell it. grin
The court ignored his plea and granted him bail in the sum of N10,000 with one surety in like sum.
His detention warrant was immediately signed and the magistrate ordered him to be remanded in prison custody till he perfects his bail.
The matter was adjourned till 18 July, 2013.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/07/02/ss1-student-cant-spell-teachers-name/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

1 Like

Re: SS1 Student Can’t Spell Teacher’s Name by redcliff: 8:24pm On Jul 02, 2013
lol. considering the area where the event transpired, it is allowed. grin grin angry angry
Re: SS1 Student Can’t Spell Teacher’s Name by slimyem: 8:32pm On Jul 02, 2013
shocked shocked Common JOHN?

Btw,who arraigned this boy for stealing a TECNO phone? Them nor get better case to arraign?
Re: SS1 Student Can’t Spell Teacher’s Name by Gudintent: 9:00pm On Jul 02, 2013
20yr old in SS1
Re: SS1 Student Can’t Spell Teacher’s Name by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 03, 2013
Johnbull their son grin i send you to school u don't know how to spell ur NAME teacher's NAME grin grin grin
Re: SS1 Student Can’t Spell Teacher’s Name by greatgod2012(f): 8:48am On Jul 03, 2013
Gudintent: 20yr old in SS1

i thought im the only one who saw this.
Re: SS1 Student Can’t Spell Teacher’s Name by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 03, 2013
it's uncle Jona's fault angry

cos he left teaching to become a politician grin
Re: SS1 Student Can’t Spell Teacher’s Name by EfemenaXY: 12:12pm On Jul 03, 2013
slimyem: shocked shocked Common JOHN?

Btw,who arraigned this boy for stealing a TECNO phone? Them nor get better case to arraign?

At least he wasn't lynched by an angry mob or served jungle justice. So, we should be grateful that.
Re: SS1 Student Can’t Spell Teacher’s Name by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 03, 2013
Its happen among some undergraduate.
Re: SS1 Student Can’t Spell Teacher’s Name by bellong: 12:22pm On Jul 03, 2013
Gudintent: 20yr old in SS1

Yes its possible, I had a bros in my class when I was in JSS1, he was 21yrs old then. We used to call him in Yoruba "boda".
Re: SS1 Student Can’t Spell Teacher’s Name by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 03, 2013
bellong:

Yes its possible, I had a bros in my class when I was in JSS1, he was 21yrs old then. We used to call him in Yoruba "boda".

Are u kidding me?

21yrs old in JSS1? undecided
Re: SS1 Student Can’t Spell Teacher’s Name by bellong: 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2013
wise_many2k:

Are u kidding me?

21yrs old in JSS1? undecided

Yes now, the bros was my classmate. We used to greet him bending down like prostrating. You go fear fear now when you see chest and body full of hairs.
Re: SS1 Student Can’t Spell Teacher’s Name by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 03, 2013
bellong:

Yes now, the bros was my classmate. We used to greet him bending down like prostrating. You go fear fear now when you see chest and body full of hairs.

i can imagine the kind hair wey dey him chest....hair wey curl like Michael jackson own grin

(1) (Reply)

Would You Send Your Child Or Ward To Any Of These Schools (PHOTOS)? / When One Family Or Parent Don't Belive In Ones Dreams Or Career What Can One Do / Please Download My Song, Share And Rate The Performance. Thank You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.