Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,076 members, 7,838,718 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player (7702 Views)

The Return of NPFL Nite Matches - The Enugu Rangers Experience (Pictures) / Oriental Derby: Enugu Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 2) - FT / Brazil Vs Mexico: Confederation Cup - (2 - 0) On 19th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by EzePromoe: 11:53am On Jul 03, 2013
Tribalism is a bïtch!
Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by Temptee101(m): 11:55am On Jul 03, 2013
Babiloko: in oda news.. am in luv wit ma boo nd i nur dae place anurda 1 abov
Bros! Hahahahaha!! Abeg no use laff injure my ribs o. Dat our country again brought anoda embarrassmnt 2 us nt quite long after dey disgraced us at d confed. cup in Brazil means notin 2 u?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 03, 2013
No mater wat odas do igbos are ahead bkos God is on our side. The yoruba clubs are envy of enyimba winning Champions league. So they want to stop Rangers 4rm winning.if there is any problem wunt they report first to the NFF? Greedy idiots

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by AZeD1(m): 11:59am On Jul 03, 2013
Bandit C.:

Do some of you deliberately ignore the article and skip to the comments to talk nonsense?

Read the damn article above first for heaven's sake before commenting. Rangers FC has followed due process and regulations needed for transfer and the keeper has even featured against the same shooting stars in the local league.

The keeper's tenure with shooting stars ended in December 2012 and he began playing for Rangers FC a couple of months ago. Wouldn't common sense tell you that the months between December and the time he started featuring for Rangers FC, which is just few months back, was used to smoothen out his contract?

Even NFF has confirmed that the kid is playing with a valid licence. So what then is you people's problem.

Some of you are just pathetic.
If he was legally registered, why was Rangers disqualified?
Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by DisGuy: 12:00pm On Jul 03, 2013
So basically CAf bypassed NFF to disqualify a nigerian team? or NFF didnt know about this until now?
Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by lekkie073(m): 12:06pm On Jul 03, 2013
I feel highly elated dat a Yoruba club succeeded in pouring sand for an ibo club's. garri grin #justjoking
Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by DisGuy: 12:07pm On Jul 03, 2013
Having established that the player was transferred from Enyimba FC of Aba to Rangers in December 2006, loaned to Dolphins FC of Port Harcourt and duly returned to Rangers, the Committee also affirmed that Rangers gave a ‘provisional clearance’ to the footballer to play for Warri Wolves between 2011 and 2013, but the player left Warri Wolves without any documentation back to Enugu Rangers and in fact was registered for the 2013 CAF Champions League by the Coal City club.

Although the Committee established that the player no longer wishes to continue to play for Warri Wolves, it slammed the unhealthy and unwholesome practice in the Nigeria League whereby verbal agreements, against proper documentation, hold sway. It indicted the clubs thus: “Transfer and loan fees meant for player transactions were not written down in clear terms and club accounts were found not to have been used or most transactions, which promotes unhealthy dealings in player transfers.”

this was Sunday Mba's case some months ago
Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by Afam4eva(m): 12:27pm On Jul 03, 2013
Dis Guy: Having established that the player was transferred from Enyimba FC of Aba to Rangers in December 2006, loaned to Dolphins FC of Port Harcourt and duly returned to Rangers, the Committee also affirmed that Rangers gave a ‘provisional clearance’ to the footballer to play for Warri Wolves between 2011 and 2013, but the player left Warri Wolves without any documentation back to Enugu Rangers and in fact was registered for the 2013 CAF Champions League by the Coal City club.

Although the Committee established that the player no longer wishes to continue to play for Warri Wolves, it slammed the unhealthy and unwholesome practice in the Nigeria League whereby verbal agreements, against proper documentation, hold sway. It indicted the clubs thus: “Transfer and loan fees meant for player transactions were not written down in clear terms and club accounts were found not to have been used or most transactions, which promotes unhealthy dealings in player transfers.”

Do you know that Rangers never featured Sunday Mba in any of their matches while this bruhaha was going on? That shows that they understand these things and the implications. Else they should as well have been featuring Mba and the keeper they supposedly bought from Warri wolves who are one of their best players but they didn't. I think CAF was hasty in their decision. They should have done a thorough investigations before disqualifying Rangers. I'm even more disssapointed that a fellow Nigerian club could do this to them. is 3sc playing continental this season? What do they stand to gain from this whole mess.
this was Sunday Mba's case some months ago

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by AbuMikey(m): 12:38pm On Jul 03, 2013
Uncalled ENVY from 3SC
Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by solomon111(m): 12:40pm On Jul 03, 2013
That official should be hanged for treason.
Na wa o.
Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by EmperorOlu: 12:45pm On Jul 03, 2013
collynzo2: I never knew the Yoruba hate for Igbos will one day enter our football. Shooting stars betrayed the only Nigerian representative left in the continent, can you imagine that?

[size=15pt]Are you saying that Yorubas are bad because they follow the rules and reported your fraudster Igbo soccer player to the relevant authorities? In other words you are admitting to being a person who supports and encourages fraudulent behavior. Remember when i told you yesterday that you exhibit Mago Mago traits in your style of commenting?[/size]
Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by sneezeemek(m): 12:46pm On Jul 03, 2013
That's just yoruba for u...wickedness in d highest order.very stupid,mayopic set of animals.betrayal flows in their blood.... Is Rangers representing Enugu,Ndi Igbo or Nigeria at large?.....may God forgive my use of words am just pissed

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 03, 2013
Pls is any body aware if nigerian army have shortlisted for this years DSSC/SSC RECRUITMENT? Any body information shud tell me pls
Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by Bnnamz: 12:50pm On Jul 03, 2013
JOYCEOUS:

Nah! Me love d yorubas, dey r loving.
i overlove the yorubazzz,if you r still hating......climb mtn mast go ansa international call
Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by Nuzo1(m): 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2013
Imagine how big this news would have been if reverse was the case.
Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by Marotzke(m): 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2013
EmperorOlu:

[size=15pt]Are you saying that Yorubas are bad because they follow the rules and reported your fraudster Igbo soccer player to the relevant authorities? In other words you are admitting to being a person who supports and encourages fraudulent behavior. Remember when i told you yesterday that you exhibit Mago Mago traits in your style of commenting?[/size]
Relevant Authorities? You report your country's representative to CAF over a domestic misunderstanding in order to embarrass Rangers or Nigeria? Do you know the meaning of Treason? What do you call Omo Ale in your language? Since 3sc is a state owned Club, let's wait for Oyo State Government's Reaction to this travesty. I hope the so called official forwarded the 60, 000 USD to the relevant coffers.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by carzola(m): 1:49pm On Jul 03, 2013
Please can i poo! Here?
Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by ichidodo: 1:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
Please allow me to say this is a most heinous act of betrayal and unpatriotism by 3sc, what got rangers in to this quagmire was because Chigozie Agbim was called up to the Super Eagles and having no standin goalie to prosecute their games, they had to make use of the alleged player.If rangers had refused to release Agbim for national duties it might have jeopardised our world cup qualifiers or Confederation cup matches now their act of kindness and patriotism has come back to haunt them.I dont know if shooting stars would do same if the club involved was sunshine stars, kwara united or ABS.Shame to 3sc and the yoruba people.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by ichidodo: 1:55pm On Jul 03, 2013
Marotzke: Relevant Authorities? You report your country's representative to CAF over a domestic misunderstanding in order to embarrass Rangers or Nigeria? Do you know the meaning of Treason? What do you call Omo Ale in your language? Since 3sc is a state owned Club, let's wait for Oyo State Government's Reaction to this travesty. I hope the so called official forwarded the 60, 000 USD to the relevant coffers.
This has never happened in the history of African Football to say the least.
Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 03, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: CAF said the player was not eligible, another story said the player get license to play in the NPL.
Last Bullet:
The story get K-Leg.

there is no K-leg. I listened to dat on Network news last nite
Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 03, 2013
sneezeemek: That's just yoruba for u...wickedness in d highest order.very stupid,mayopic set of animals.betrayal flows in their blood.... Is Rangers representing Enugu,Ndi Igbo or Nigeria at large?.....may God forgive my use of words am just pissed

na inferiority complex dem get
Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by goldfish80(m): 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2013
ichidodo: I dont know if shooting stars would do same if the club involved was sunshine stars, kwara united or ABS.Shame to 3sc and the yoruba people.
You raised a valid question there.
Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by lekkie073(m): 3:24pm On Jul 03, 2013
y ibo men like fraudulent tins like dis nah ?
Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by DisGuy: 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2013
ichidodo: I dont know if shooting stars would do same if the club involved was sunshine stars, kwara united or ABS.Shame to 3sc and the yoruba people.

NA WA O

you are assumming 3SC dont have Igbo players?
Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by soma042(m): 3:47pm On Jul 03, 2013
collynzo2: I never knew the Yoruba hate for Igbos will one day enter our football. Shooting stars betrayed the only Nigerian representative left in the continent, can you imagine that?
. The same set of people that try to eliminate the Igbo tribe through there blood brother awo . Beware of ur real enemy that's all I've got to say

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by gbokukueba(m): 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2013
It is a shame that people that are suppose to know difference between good and bad are here blaming it on 3SC. I will not be suprised if it is actually someone from Rangers after the match in Tunis that sold the infomation to the Tunisians. We know some people can do anything for money... Serves the Nigerian league right anyway time to do things properly i see no reasin why a player will leave a club to negotiate personal terms before the clubs agree on transfer fees...
Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 03, 2013
lekkie073: y ibo men like fraudulent tins like dis nah ?
nah fraud ur papa take marry your mother,nd dat makes u a product of fraud,them never tell u?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by nextexcel: 4:34pm On Jul 03, 2013
Even yoruba people know that they are wicked set of people for crying out loude in a country where u love ur people u have to consider them first before any other thing becuse i belife that two people are friend becouse one of them always overlook the wickness of his parnter
Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by kalohkaloh: 5:03pm On Jul 03, 2013
Wonder shall never end in this country! Rangers of Enugu flouted a rule and was penalized, now some idiotic indecent igbos on this forum are saying the Yorubas masterminded it! This is why Nigeria is still groping in the dark. Many decent Igbos will never subscribe to the silly technical mistake by Rangers and will never blame anyone wrongly for the self inflicted pain!
Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by true2god: 8:03pm On Jul 03, 2013
A-ZeD:

That I come from a country with idiots like you really bugs me.
Are you allergic to due process?
U knw ur pple are always guilty of 'traitorship', its in ur blood as well. U will soon sell blood broda for fortune, thats yoruba for u.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Rangers Disqualified from CAF Confederation Cup Over Ineligible Player by true2god: 8:05pm On Jul 03, 2013
Owutu1: your brain needs some checkup must you behave like a goat
I knw u dnt like hearing the truth, but ur pple are typical betrayers. If u work in an office environment u will understand. U r a learning kid.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

1xbet Is Giving Me Heart Attack Now / Does Hulk Hogan Now Play For Cameroun? / Ngozi Okobi Asks NFF To State Their Plans For The Super Falcons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.