Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,082 members, 7,867,120 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:57 AM

Between Philanthropist And Industrialist: Which One Helps Reduce Unemployment? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Philanthropist And Industrialist: Which One Helps Reduce Unemployment? (609 Views)

Igbo Industrialist And Wife Murdered In Katsina / Industrialisation, Panacea To Unemployment – Industrialist / Industrialist Declares 104 Textile Companies Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Philanthropist And Industrialist: Which One Helps Reduce Unemployment? by dolphinife: 5:07pm On Jul 02, 2013
In this modern days of ours, we can see so many privileged people who are either philanthropist or industrialist. An industrialist is someone who owns and manage industrial entreprises. A philanthropist on the other hand is someone who donates gifts for humanitarian purposes.

I have argued several times that an Industrialist has more positive impact to unemployment than a philanthropist. In my own opinion, whenever a businessman makes profit from his businesses, he plough it back to the business to make it stronger and financially stable, thus employing more hands to help the cause. Moreso, as a philanthropist, you only dole out your main profits for humanitarian causes, but the scale of unemployment would still be there.

I want people to share their opinion on this issue
Re: Between Philanthropist And Industrialist: Which One Helps Reduce Unemployment? by Afam4eva(m): 5:16pm On Jul 02, 2013
Even though industrialists are business men who are after profit, their effect is more felt than that of philanthropists. That's because they reach a higher number of people unlike philanthropists who just reach a very small fraction of people.
Re: Between Philanthropist And Industrialist: Which One Helps Reduce Unemployment? by DuduNegro: 6:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
Employment provides long term financial security in exchange for efficient talent or resource dedicated to industrial production.

Philantrophy is not an exchange. It is a handout directed for a social cause dedicated to improvement in quality of life and upliftment of society.
Re: Between Philanthropist And Industrialist: Which One Helps Reduce Unemployment? by mikolo80: 10:24pm On Jul 02, 2013
INDUSTRIALIST.PHILANTROPIST HELPS ONE WHEN HE CUD HAVE HELPED HUNDRED
Re: Between Philanthropist And Industrialist: Which One Helps Reduce Unemployment? by kcjazz(m): 10:48pm On Jul 02, 2013
I would disagree slightly, everything depends on the platform for making an impact. Bill Gates through his work at the Gates Foundation is giving billions out to education, health and research. Education gives a person a chance to succeed.Health is wealth. Gates has the world as his platform so he is impacting more folks out there. Abramovich is an industrialist in Moscow and London but his philanthropy in remote regions of Chutokca could open the region to greater things in future.

To cut the long story short, industrialists should also be philanthropists.It is a way to give back. No one way is better to solve anything, but both together lead to endless opportunities.
Re: Between Philanthropist And Industrialist: Which One Helps Reduce Unemployment? by Itoroetti(m): 7:30am On Jul 03, 2013
I disagree fully not even slightly as my friend above has said.
U cant be a philantrophy without been an employer of labour.
Adenuga,dangote,bill gate,warren buffet and many others are known industrialist and are aswell philantropist.
Mention one philantropist who isn't an employer of labour(s)
Re: Between Philanthropist And Industrialist: Which One Helps Reduce Unemployment? by Danhumprey: 8:45am On Jul 03, 2013
An industrialist anyday,anytime. A philantropist would only give you money,gifts and others,just as a gesture of affection and pity,but that's all. But an industrialist would provide a job for you,that you can work and fend for yourself,thereby enjoying the dignity of labour.

In short,a philantropist would give you fish,but would not tell you or provide the means with which you can catch it. While an industrialist may or may not give you fish,but will assuredly tell you how and provide the means with which you can catch it. So,my take is an industrialist.
Re: Between Philanthropist And Industrialist: Which One Helps Reduce Unemployment? by seunfly: 9:00am On Jul 03, 2013
May be u can tell me which phylantropist, NGOs or global fund that has help Nigerians and Nigeria better than Dangote.

(1) (Reply)

[funny Video] Mallam Lemu For President / "10 Million Naira" Error On Dr Doyin Okupe's Name On Official Website Of Nigeria / Updates: Students Protest Ongoing Staff Unions’ Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.