Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Cultism In Nigerian Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cultism In Nigerian Universities (17934 Views)

Which University Has The Highest Rate Of Cultism In Nigeria? / 50 Cultists In Nnamdi Azikiwe University Denounce Cultism In Public (pic) / Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cultism In Nigerian Universities by skima(m): 4:28am On Aug 21, 2005
Nigerian University: "an institution of learning or an institution of death?"

One begin to wonder what school has turned to this days, university student does not have any different from the tout on the street. Cultism is the best club on campus, mediocrity is the product of our higher institution. whats happening? Everyday counts for student death, recently at OOU student were reported death.

what do u think our schools are now?
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by layi(m): 6:45pm On Aug 21, 2005
Nigerian universities are really bad citadels. Methinks if u've got the money..school outside da country. If u aint that rich, just manage through.
Ma gbemu o so u don't become history as well.
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by objibb(m): 11:34am On Aug 22, 2005
True talk
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by Wadosky(m): 11:22am On Feb 01, 2006
Make suggestions on how cultism can be eradicated from our schools.If you are a member lets share your experiences with you.
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by dblock(m): 4:04am On Feb 02, 2006
Uni Cultist almost killed my pops and would have burnt my house if it wasn't for security
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 15, 2006
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 15, 2006
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by babymine(f): 10:31am On Apr 19, 2006
Femi, we don't want to check out any cult sites. We want cultism eradicated completely, aight?
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by babymine(f): 10:34am On Apr 19, 2006
I don't think being a cultist makes you a man. Most people get into it cos they want power and security which they never really get. You should be thankful to God you came out alive and advise others to stay out. My opinion.
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by Wadosky(m): 7:26pm On Apr 19, 2006
Theres no way we can eradicate cultism totally.All they need is re-orientation.
I have talked to young guys about to enter university and all they talk is i wana be this? I wana be that?
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 06, 2006
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by babymine(f): 3:50pm On May 08, 2006
@ Femi

W a t e v a!!
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by bernieman(m): 3:57pm On May 09, 2006
Hey Femi and Babymine,this is not something to fume about,this forum is one which allow people's opinions to be erred and everyone is entitled to err it anyhow.It is very unfortunate that Confratinity in our higher institutions of learning has taken a different shape.They have all deviated from their primary aims and objectives i.e fighting different cases of oppression objectively and that is the problems they are facing today.I still maintain that cultism in our higher institutions of learning is not the problem,but the orientation which the members of today have.

The only way out is a re orientation by those who knew what it was all about and very strict measures of Initiation too. This is my advice because cultism cannot and can never be eradicated from Nigerian institutions.

Good luck
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by danku00un: 4:15pm On Mar 29, 2007
i think cultism in our university is getting out of hand if something is not done about it
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by babaibadan(m): 5:22pm On Apr 03, 2007
i like the music on the intro page of the sealords , makes me wanna join undecided
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by methodman(m): 7:34pm On Apr 03, 2007
Na wa ooooooo,
who design that site sef. People sef design cultist site.
Hmm,people shine your eyes oooooooo,
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by msmalawi: 3:07pm On Jul 28, 2007
Femi Langi,You are a very funny fello.I think i still remember your dayz den in skool.But i dont understand your position now.Are you shying away from who you are?Well my advise for you is to stop spreading such websites to dos(l.o.bs) dt dont have business with the site.
I know how hungry you must have been by now,but choping t wont quench your hunger ok!
Anyhow sha.Na you sabi.
Holla your boy! angry
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by NeoBlack(m): 12:58pm On Feb 19, 2008
babaibadan you really try, but sometimes, its happen, so try to lips better, before you talk, because its dangerous and its can kill okay , Safe,
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by therationa(m): 1:10pm On Feb 19, 2008
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by NeoBlack(m): 1:26pm On Feb 19, 2008
so whatever, its alright by me
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by camchupa: 7:41pm On Feb 24, 2008
hi guys , i think the best thing to do inorder to stay out is to present yourself as a Godfearing fellow. if u dress rugged they will be interested in u. show them ur level of commitment to God and then leave the rest to our mighty God.
this is one way out, please anyone with suggestions should enlighten us more. thank u.
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 12:24am On Feb 26, 2008
and what about the efikos in school.heard they are interested in efikos,whatever they need them for.
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by NeoBlack(m): 12:04pm On Feb 26, 2008
You tried for the question, why cant you ask any Lord from your school?
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by angolag(m): 2:12am On Feb 27, 2008
Cultism can not be eradicated but can only be reformed.I expect all heads of any cult at all to be Educated.If you are a Frat man don't even support a tout to be a head.Men with intellectuals should run the affairs of any oragnization.In other words they need re-orientation.

@NeoBlack
You Bambela well well, nothing do you.
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by NeoBlack(m): 3:59am On Feb 27, 2008
nothing do you
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by lobinoxebe(m): 4:22pm On Feb 29, 2008
Thank GOd cultism these days is not that much, now we have militantns in Eastern schols,

I think the case is getting more out of hand,

all the same,

play safe,
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by GreatGds: 4:51am On Aug 21, 2008
All The same I Guess u Guys Should Take It Easy, As For Me I will Say Our Youth of This Days Are Already currupt, And It Will Take The Grace Of God To Stop Them From What Ever They Want To do.
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 04, 2008
We don't need cultism on campus, we'll prefer social fraternities like those they have in the schools in United states. All of you who are member of one post or the other should look the line I put in italics up on google and see what I'm talking about.
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by bawomolo(m): 6:14am On Oct 05, 2008
greek fraternities have their own pitfalls too with the hazing and underaged drinking
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by banky1987(m): 1:31pm On Oct 06, 2008
Cultism can never been eradicated on campuses, cos at it was in the beggining is now and shall be for ever. because you cannot imagine the so called politicians who engage our student in political clash, these are the people that promote cultisim and until we all sit down and think cultisim can ner be eradicated.
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by NeoBlack(m): 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2008
Thats it, No one.

Jp
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by akym(m): 3:30pm On Oct 21, 2008
NeoBlack are u a cultist.?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos Of 2 Pupils Who Got Injured In The Jos School Building Collapse / How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? / 4 Banks Offer University Scholarships To Top 100 UTME Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.