Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,771 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Cultism In Nigerian Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cultism In Nigerian Universities (17937 Views)

Which University Has The Highest Rate Of Cultism In Nigeria? / 50 Cultists In Nnamdi Azikiwe University Denounce Cultism In Public (pic) / Roots of (Violent) Cultism in Nigerian Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by abioye1(m): 11:08am On Oct 22, 2008
hmmmm,u all better give ur life to JESUS CHRIST
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by zubike01(m): 10:05am On Sep 16, 2010

Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by zubike01(m): 10:07am On Sep 16, 2010
. Sagas of the Mighty One.
A war, with its attendant human suffering, must, when that evil is unavoidable, be made to fragment more than buildings: it must shatter the foundations of thought and re-create. Only in this way does every individual share in the cataclysm and understand the purpose of sacrifice.
Wole Soyinka (1934 - ) Nigerian novelist, playwright, poet, and lecturer.

Six months after I became a warrior I had changed completely, they called me “Mighty One” for I had built my body to a stage where it was thick and hard as rock. I was a Warrior indeed. Big Mark gave me a sledge hammer saying in these words "take it, it belongs to Joe. When he hit this on people’s skulls they felt as if they were struck by lightning." I loved my hammer. It was about the size of a battle axe and was beautifully designed. When I got to my room that day, I rushed and showed Uju in joy but she was displeased, she looked at me and asked me if I loved her, I told her I did, then she asked why I was turning into Joe bit by bit. I looked at her, smiled and said in a cool calm tone, “if only you knew.”
Three months ago our Warchief was taking a stroll all alone and a young looking chap stepped on him, he called the chap to order but the chap kept deaf ears. He rushed towards this chap and gave him several thunderous slaps, the chap in return picked up a stick and identified himself as an Assassin and with that he couldn't drop the stick till it saw blood. He struck our Warchief but our Warchief isn't an ordinary man he grabbed this chap and squeezed his neck. The chap escaped death by chance, ran away but came back; my Warchief wondered why he behaved like an idiot. Then the chap smiled and ran away. Our Warchief touched his head and blood stained his hand. The Assassin had come back to confirm if his strike had produced blood, if not he would have fought to the finish. Our Warchief called a meeting and all our men were gingered ready for an all out war but he said no. It wasn't the time for slaying Assassins as we all know Assassins walk alone during times of peace, so we would leave them for a while and when they feel all is well we would take out that chap when he is all alone and their minds would go crazy. An all out war with the Assassins may lead to casualties not of soldiers but of boys, for it is difficult to tell an Assassin from a boy.
Back to present times, it was my duty to get rid of that chap as agreed, so I was told where to go. I walked gallantly to his domain, his door was wide open so I rushed in, he was about to question me when I told him to keep shut and placed my pistol between his eyes. My hand trembled like the leaves of a palm tree blown by a strong wind, the gun felt slippery as it got soaked by sweat which dripped from my palm. I tried to pull the trigger but it felt heavy, my heart was filled with empathy; the chap was the most innocent looking handsome young man I had ever seen. His eyes were heavy and his voice trembled as he begged me to spare his life. I couldn't do it no, I just couldn't, what have I become in less than seven months. This young innocent guy had done nothing against me. But then my way of life had changed, I am a Warrior and we Warriors follow commands and in the Warriors’ code, command s must be obeyed, how can I go against the command of the Warchief the highest ranking authority.
How would I feel if I pull the trigger, and how would the parents of this young man feel? He looked nineteen and must have joined the Assassins as a result of constant harassment. His good looks must have attracted pretty ladies to him and in this environment pretty ladies meant trouble. I could tell his parents were wealthy for his room was extremely beautiful; its rug, curtains and bed spread were all blue, an air-condition blew cool air and the wall adored with paintings. His pictures were everywhere around the room and there was one which touched me, he had an identical twin sister. They both were enrolled in this same university, I could tell from the matriculation picture which was glaring straight at me from the wall. Wow! What would you have done if you were me?
My church mind told me not to do it, but remember I was not a Christian anymore but a Warrior, a devotee of Thor, but still I followed my church mind. I said to him "today is your lucky day" and I dashed out of his room and walked swiftly.
I had not gone far when I heard a loud scream "Assassins arise!" followed by the sound a gun shot. The chap I just spared shot in the air a mistake he couldn't change, he began to pursue me shooting randomly at me. I saw a corridor and I ran into it. I got to the end before he got to the entrance and hid myself by the left. He ran past and as soon as I saw him in reflex I pulled the trigger this time without hesitation. The bullet went straight to his head and he fell down flat on his face. I wasn't sure he was dead so I turned him over. He gasped for air but clenched to his double barrel tenaciously. I pulled out my hammer with no remorse for now I knew that behind his fine charming innocent looks, lies a true blood thirsty Assassin. I pounded his skull till his brain poured out messy and disgusting, and for once I felt like a true Warrior. I tried to remove his double barrel from his hand but his grip was tight so I left it and fled straight to the valley where my men awaited my arrival.
When I got there I noticed a cold silence. The Warchief asked me “did you kill him?” “Yes,” I replied. Then he asked “where?” When I told him he laughed and said you did not carry out your command I told you to kill him in his room but you killed him outside where everyone saw you. The Assassins now know we did it and you have brought war upon us. Heroes would fall, Men would die and innocent boys too from stray bullets and mistaken identity.
He paused and ordered me to lie down. Then he pointed to the others. Turn by turn they all flogged me a stroke each using the blunt side of their machetes. After which they poured liquor on my back stood me up and gave me some to drink. Then I turned, looked at my men and screamed out “Am I not strong?" and all in chorus replied "we are strong". What this meant was that even if I was punished for disobeying commands I was still one of them. A Warrior and they would fight for me no matter the situation.
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by ccollins(m): 11:16am On Sep 16, 2010
Na wa ooh.See hw our nigeria higher educational system is crumbling.I have made my resolution neva to allow my children school in nigeria.Its so awful when u see things like cultism and their evil praticises and hw they can't be eradicated.U expect nigeria institutions to be an international citadel of learning with these cult criminals in it.It won't work,WHEN USA ARE SAY GOD BLESS THEM.Nigerians are to be saying GOD HELP NIGERIA FROM THEIR PROBLEMS.
Re: Cultism In Nigerian Universities by WackyJ1(m): 10:38am On Sep 18, 2010
i liked that story. Interesting

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rivers University Expels Student For Having Speech And Hearing Challenges / How Did You React When You Had First "A" & "F" In The University? / Photos Of 2 Pupils Who Got Injured In The Jos School Building Collapse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.