Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost (27083 Views)

OJB Cries As P-Square Donates N5Million For His Kidney Transplant / Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant / 2face Didnt Donate N1.5M For OJB's Kidney Transplant - Nomoreloss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by jagudaman: 1:06am On Jul 03, 2013
[img]http://4.bp..com/-5Ydr49VRJ6I/UdO-4rpcx6I/AAAAAAAAL4I/TUT2OeiwLgU/s280/%253D%253Futf-8%253FB%253Fb2piLXNpY2suanBn%253F%253D-757483[/img]

He might be sick but that doesn't stop him from responding to any negative thing said against him, or anything to do with the 16million naira he's been raising for a kidney transplant.

Last week, Ghanaian actress, Juliet Ibrahim posted a message on her instagram page questioning the said amount (16million naira) that OJB is asking for concerning his kidney transplant in India. She said she runs a kidney problem foundation and she should know how much it cost to undergo such surgery. According to her, a kidney transplant will not cost anything more than 8million naira and wondered why OJB should ask for 16million naira.

However, the ailing music producer has responded to her in an interview he granted to Enconium Magazine, saying;

"The mistake she's making is that it depends on the hospital you are going to in India. She says she run a foundation, they might give her a rebate. The rebate itself is $55,000 (N8.5m), when you take out the $55,000, you will be left with $45,000 (N7.5m). What about the running cost of the procedure? You don't go to India only to come back and start asking for help again. Atleast I need some money to maintain myself for the next one year. So when you factor in all these costs, add ticket and lodging, you will appreciate what we are talking about."

http://www.jaguda.com/2013/07/02/ojb-responds-to-juliet-ibrahim-questioning-the-cost-of-his-kidney-transplant/

1 Like

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by XFive: 5:18am On Jul 03, 2013
Nobody is clicking your link, paste the response here make we see

5 Likes

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by xbalm(m): 6:27am On Jul 03, 2013
grin posts we create for traffic
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by slimyem: 8:37am On Jul 03, 2013
I'm not clicking that link. Whichever way, 16m suppose don complete nah. He should be preparing for his operation not replying attention seeking and oversabi peeps like Juli.

3 Likes

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by nedu2000(m): 8:56am On Jul 03, 2013
I think the fact,he admits that he'll use almost half the cash to cater for himself for the next one year as shameful really,I wish him speedy recovery however smiley

20 Likes

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by biafranqueen: 10:43am On Jul 03, 2013
Well she was right it olnly cost half of what he ask. Wow he needs the other 50 gs to pay expenses for 1 year rest. Well I hope operation goes well bro

2 Likes

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by dplomaticVal: 11:08am On Jul 03, 2013
tHe sick dude shd be
in the hosp awaiting
his transplant and nt going
to media houses replying
irrelevant and otiose comments

4 Likes

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by ebamma3: 11:33am On Jul 03, 2013
A beggar has no choice, u brought this on yourself if u had saved for the rainy days u won't be asking anybody for help now,

8 Likes

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by dare2think: 1:58pm On Jul 03, 2013
dplomaticVal: tHe sick dude shd be
in the hosp awaiting
to media houses replying

lol

1 Like

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by free2ryhme: 1:59pm On Jul 03, 2013
What is running cost ooo fellow Nigerians
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
dplomaticVal: tHe sick dude shd be
in the hosp awaiting
to media houses replying
grin truE oo

1 Like

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
Get well soon OJB. F*uk the Hater.. Or all haters.
You gonna make more good songs for us.

1 Like

ebamma 3: A beggar has no choice, u brought this on yourself if u had saved for the rainy days u won't be asking anybody for help now,

I tell you. Pathetic, really.Hope you're saving for yours too sha undecided. Rainy days, I mean.

3 Likes

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by TheRealMrStan(m): 2:02pm On Jul 03, 2013
I think the most important thing right now is for OJB and his handlers to concentrate on getting his kidney transplant done ASAP. However,I did read Juliet Ibrahim's post and she made a valid point.

Read: "Nigerian celebrities must take charge of their own health"
http://www.mrstanleynwabia..com/2013/06/nigeriancelebrities-must-take-charge-of.html

1 Like

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by smtx(m): 2:02pm On Jul 03, 2013
ebamma 3: A beggar has no choice, u brought this on yourself if u had saved for the rainy days u won't be asking anybody for help now,
Must we always be offensive and insensitive when making comments on social media? What did he bring upon himself?
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 03, 2013
nedu2000: I think the fact,he admits that he'll use almost half the cash to cater for himself for the next one year as shameful really,I wish him speedy recovery however smiley
I AM SURE WHEN HE SAYS CATER FOR HIMSELF HE IS NOT TALKING ABOUT FOOD AND RENT. THE DRUGS REQUIRED FOR MAINTANANCE FOR A YEAR AND OTHER MEDICAL SUNDRIES

13 Likes

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by danchuzzy(m): 2:05pm On Jul 03, 2013
He said somfin abt rebate or dintchu guys c it?
what does that mean?
what is rebate?

1 Like

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by AlPicapcI(m): 2:06pm On Jul 03, 2013
i guess the illness is not too serious, because if it was, you wont be granting unneccessary interview. This same people will gladly publish your obituary if you had died in silence rather than doing what you are doing now "begging".

2 Likes

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 03, 2013
I wish he never responded to ibrahim's speech. He don fcck up. Well, speedy recovery tho bro...

2 Likes

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 03, 2013
LETS HOPE YOU DONT NEED A HEART TRANSPLANT WITH THE TASHERE £500,000 YOU HAVE SAVED IN THE BANK

1 Like

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 03, 2013
Well at least she was right.
But I think this guy should have ignored that statement.as a sick person he should reserve his energy for the recovery process.
But why should he ask for money to maintain himself for a whole year?he should be more concerned with getting well first seeing as he said he has only two weeks to live(make that one week now)then he can look forward for more.most of the people he's asking for help aren't even sure of their next six months

3 Likes

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by danchuzzy(m): 2:10pm On Jul 03, 2013
TheRealMrStan: I think the most important thing right now is for OJB and his handlers to concentrate on getting his kidney transplant done ASAP. However,I did read Juliet Ibrahim's post and she made a valid point.

Read: "Nigerian celebrities must take charge of their own health"
http://www.mrstanleynwabia..com/2013/06/nigeriancelebrities-must-take-charge-of.html
Really?
another link?
undecided
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by grandstar(m): 2:10pm On Jul 03, 2013
A good name is better than silver and gold! He needs to respond to her allegations nothing wrong in using half the money to sustain himself.Why should he be righteous overmuch? Its better safe than to be sorry. Do you want him to start begging again?

1 Like

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by 5much(m): 2:11pm On Jul 03, 2013
half of the pay goes for self maintenance after d operation.
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 03, 2013
booqee: I wish he never responded to ibrahim's speech. He don fcck up. Well, speedy recovery tho bro...
exactly.if anything,the fund managers or account managers should have been the ones to respond to it.not him.fvck up! undecided
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by nora544: 2:13pm On Jul 03, 2013
In europa you have to pay for this operation between 50 000 and 65 000 Euro and in India it is much cheaper but he has to pay for the Kidney.

Poor Indian people sell there kidney for such operation and they get only some hundred USD when they make it.
No one speaks about it. Read about it why they can make it in india.

In my country you come on a list and you have to wait for the kidney or you find a person in your family that donate it to you and on this list there are people who are rich and poor so this is for every person in my country.

There is one formel one champion he get two time a kidney first from his brother and when this kidney didnot work his girlfriend donate it to him now she is his wife.
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2013
lorretta u: exactly.if anything,the fund managers or account managers should have been the ones to respond to it.not him.fvck up! undecided
WHAT IS YOUR OWN NOW ? ABEG PARK FOR ONE SIDE MAKE WE SEE ROAD
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by Iceprincehkn(m): 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2013
[img][/img]

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by ozoemeka(m): 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2013
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by jenni1108: 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2013
asking for money to maintain himself, doesn't he have savings or a family?

i'm just asking

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tobi Bakre's 24th Birthday Photoshoot / Zion Idibia's 9th Birthday Photos / "In Bed With Beverly": Beverly Osu Launches Bedroom Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.