Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost (27091 Views)

OJB Cries As P-Square Donates N5Million For His Kidney Transplant / Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant / 2face Didnt Donate N1.5M For OJB's Kidney Transplant - Nomoreloss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by ifyalways(f): 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2013
I don't believe OJB granted that interview.
Anyways, speedy recovery to him.
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by freakcin: 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2013
nedu2000: I think the fact,he admits that he'll use almost half the cash to cater for himself for the next one year as shameful really,I wish him speedy recovery however smiley

You've got comprehension issues, same goes for those that liked your post!

He said owing to the fact that she runs a foundation, she might get a rebate to the tune of $55,000.00. That does not apply to OJB's case which is a one off.

He did admit to needing part of the money for sustainance, for which you really can't blame him, he came soliciting for help, no?

3 Likes

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by adrainuche(m): 2:16pm On Jul 03, 2013
Y should OJB even respond to her.., They are some things in life u keep quiet or just overlook !!! Not every question deserves an answer especially when the question is coming from a fool ....
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by Etumgbe(m): 2:16pm On Jul 03, 2013
So he even wan use people donation feed himsef for at least one year. Bro u for go stay for cele bridge make we know say true true you broke. See his rasta hair like .........

2 Likes

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by ladeski: 2:28pm On Jul 03, 2013
nedu2000: I think the fact,he admits that he'll use almost half the cash to cater for himself for the next one year as shameful really,I wish him speedy recovery however smiley
whats shameful about trying to get better and taking care of yourself?
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by devour129: 2:32pm On Jul 03, 2013
He should have kept quiet,everyone has defended him so why replying ? Now he sounds pathetic ! Goodluck with your transplant ,u will be in my prayers.

2 Likes

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by maasoap(m): 2:34pm On Jul 03, 2013
ebamma 3: A beggar has no choice, u brought this on yourself if u had saved for the rainy days u won't be asking anybody for help now,
How much do you know he has been able to make in his life? Do you even have an idea that most kidney patients would have spent their life saving on treating an unknown ailments before doctors would be able to diagnose kidney problem? What about the unsustainable three to seven times a week dialysis which costs nothing less than 40k per session? You are a bloody ignorant arrogant.
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by nedu2000(m): 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2013
freakcin:

You've got comprehension issues, same goes for those that liked your post!

He said owing to the fact that she runs a foundation, she might get a rebate to the tune of $55,000.00. That does not apply to OJB's case which is a one off.

He did admit to needing part of the money for sustainance, for which you really can't blame him, he came soliciting for help, no?
the monies raised are orginally suppose to help with the ailment and not to 'sustain' him for as long he deems fit,who does need to be sustain?he fact is dat he's asking for way beyond what's needed for him to undergo the procedure

4 Likes

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by cumpaddre(m): 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2013
maasoap: How much do you know he has been able to make in his life? Do you even have an idea that most kidney patients would have spent their life saving on treating an unknown ailments before doctors would be able to diagnose kidney problem? What about the unsustainable three to seven times a week dialysis which costs nothing less than 40k per session? You are a bloody ignorant arrogant.
u will live longer than expected.
I dunno why pple just open their sokaway pit mouths and spew out nonsense
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by maasoap(m): 2:44pm On Jul 03, 2013
lorretta u: Well at least she was right.
But I think this guy should have ignored that statement.as a sick person he should reserve his energy for the recovery process.
But why should he ask for money to maintain himself for a whole year?he should be more concerned with getting well first seeing as he said he has only two weeks to live(make that one week now)then he can look forward for more.most of the people he's asking for help aren't even sure of their next six months
It was an indictment from someone who knows better because she also runs an organisation that deals in kidney problems and she has authority as far as treatment and cost is concerned. People will want to know the truth, and there was no way he would have ignored the journalists when they knocked on his door for clarification because they could simply complicate the matter for him. You know something like "OJB avoiding interview to clear the air about the real cost of his treatment". Granting this interview did him more good than harm.
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by nora544: 2:45pm On Jul 03, 2013
maasoap: How much do you know he has been able to make in his life? Do you even have an idea that most kidney patients would have spent their life saving on treating an unknown ailments before doctors would be able to diagnose kidney problem? What about the unsustainable three to seven times a week dialysis which costs nothing less than 40k per session? You are a bloody ignorant arrogant.

Do you know that his kidney is not growing on a tree in india, a poor man who has no money will give him one of his kidneys that is why every body can travel to india to make this there, this people often didnot know that they have to be carful with there body after they donate a kidney, no body tell them this. Many of this people from India who donate a kidney to this health tourist die erlier than the person who get the kidney!!!!!!

Nobody speak about this all is always about money with one jet there could be builde one hospital where they make nothing more than kidney transplantation because there are so many people who die young and this kidneys can help.
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by donem: 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2013
Juliet ibrahim, Eeehmm! No haven't heard of such name. Nice of OJB carrying out clarification in respect of the amount he requires. For upto date/shocking donations so far click below
www.nairaland.com/1341707/eddy-montana-3million-azadus-2.5million#16531123
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by freakcin: 2:50pm On Jul 03, 2013
nedu2000: the monies raised are orginally suppose to help with the ailment and not to 'sustain' him for as long he deems fit,who does need to be sustain?he fact is dat he's asking for way beyond what's needed for him to undergo the procedure

No one is being forced to donate to his cause. . . . FREEWILL! My grouse with your initial post is that you claimed he only needs half the amount he's soliciting.

He who wants to donate should donate and those who don't feel obligated should let him be.

May God not afflict anyone of us with an ailment that will make us go a-begging. . . AMEN!

Speedy recovery OJB!

2 Likes

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by maasoap(m): 2:50pm On Jul 03, 2013
nedu2000: the monies raised are orginally suppose to help with the ailment and not to 'sustain' him for as long he deems fit,who does need to be sustain?he fact is dat he's asking for way beyond what's needed for him to undergo the procedure
The use of word "sustain" doesn't necessarily mean food, house rent and children's school fees but rather post operation therapy and drugs.

2 Likes

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by jhydebaba(m): 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2013
Iceprincehkn: [img][/img]
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by timecop28: 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2013
*Sighs* Is that small statement incomprehensible for you again?? Where did he say he'd use 'almost half the cash' for upkeep? Don't take his words out of context..Read and understand before u post ur comment.
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by stitcheD(m): 2:55pm On Jul 03, 2013
obadiah777: I AM SURE WHEN HE SAYS CATER FOR HIMSELF HE IS NOT TALKING ABOUT FOOD AND RENT. THE DRUGS REQUIRED FOR MAINTANANCE FOR A YEAR AND OTHER MEDICAL SUNDRIES
he means sit at home, don't do no work even if na to write music, and not be afraid of his daily bread and upkeep for a year at the least.
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by peruso: 2:57pm On Jul 03, 2013
Truth be told even if it sounds ugly: he should have asked for what he needed. Now he himself is even admitting that this is more than the cost for the operation . Someone can GIVE u 1naira if u ask n he/she has but may promise you 10naira if u ask.

I've contributed my quota anyway

2 Likes

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by timecop28: 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2013
Just to be clear....He actually meant he would need some money for post-surgery needs, not for food, drinks, etc..like some of you might interprete it to be. You don't just go home and forget ur worries sequel to a major surgical operation like that..
Just pray you are not afflicted with the same ailment and stop criticizing someone battling to survive from it..Hiann!!!
I think there should be a "Reader's discretion advised" at the top every page.

1 Like

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by stitcheD(m): 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2013
grandstar: A good name is better than silver and gold! He needs to respond to her allegations nothing wrong in using half the money to sustain himself.Why should he be righteous overmuch? Its better safe than to be sorry. Do you want him to start begging again?
500k at the least every month? how much do you make a year?he does not need dialysis after surgery o.

1 Like

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by ddeola: 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2013
Bros, why you dey answer d gal nau? Leave am mk she dey run her mouth. People wey no bliv say miracle dey happen go soon bliv wen dem too need one someday. It is well with you
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by ukchy: 3:18pm On Jul 03, 2013
danchuzzy: He said somfin abt rebate or dintchu guys c it?
what does that mean?
what is rebate?

Oga ask Mr Google
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by timecop28: 3:18pm On Jul 03, 2013
I figured lots of u have got comprehension or arithmetic issues or both..Now he mentioned that Juliet Ibrahim might be getting a rebate of abt $55,000, more than 1/2 of what hez begging for..which doesn't apply to him..What about the donor..You know who he is?? what about the running cost of the procedure like he pointed out?? and u bliv he will just get another kidney and call it a day?
Make una try dey think naw?? sad

2 Likes

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by wemmieslim(f): 3:21pm On Jul 03, 2013
dplomaticVal: tHe sick dude shd be
in the hosp awaiting
his transplant and nt going
to media houses replying
irrelevant and otiose comments
#Shikena!!
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by kingthreat(m): 3:27pm On Jul 03, 2013
Lets face it. OJB is asking for too much. Part of the reason he is seeking donations is because he is probably bankrupt. I hope the operation is successful else. Those who are defending him should plaease google on cost of kidney operation and maintenance therafter.

2 Likes

Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by nedu2000(m): 3:39pm On Jul 03, 2013
freakcin:

No one is being forced to donate to his cause. . . . FREEWILL! My grouse with your initial post is that you claimed he only needs half the amount he's soliciting.

He who wants to donate should donate and those who don't feel obligated should let him be.

May God not afflict anyone of us with an ailment that will make us go a-begging. . . AMEN!

Speedy recovery OJB!
AMEN,but I have to admit dat his statement didn't in anyway help his course,when he mentioned 'maintain' he may/mayn't 'ave implied health only,I believe in the power of giving as my religious beliefs advice dat I do so but OJB's statement has an arrogant undertone,he should've,as most comments have adviced,kept numb
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by Suprises: 3:54pm On Jul 03, 2013
Etumgbe: So he even wan use people donation feed himsef for at least one year. Bro u for go stay for cele bridge make we know say true true you broke. See his rasta hair like .........
U be confirm anu npama....!diot
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by Nonybb: 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2013
Even frm a lesser humans like ghanaians
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by Etumgbe(m): 4:23pm On Jul 03, 2013
Suprises: U be confirm anu npama....!diot
ur papa there
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by ifihear(m): 4:25pm On Jul 03, 2013
nora544: In europa you have to pay for this operation between 50 000 and 65 000 Euro and in India it is much cheaper but he has to pay for the Kidney.

Poor Indian people sell there kidney for such operation and they get only some hundred USD when they make it.
No one speaks about it. Read about it why they can make it in india.

In my country you come on a list and you have to wait for the kidney or you find a person in your family that donate it to you and on this list there are people who are rich and poor so this is for every person in my country.

There is one formel one champion he get two time a kidney first from his brother and when this kidney didnot work his girlfriend donate it to him now she is his wife.

Otuoke!! shocked shocked...I got a migraine reading this...Did you use Google translate to translate this write-up from your mother tongue??
Re: OJB Responds To Juliet Ibrahim Questioning His Kidney Transplant Cost by henrimoto(m): 4:26pm On Jul 03, 2013
lol... ha..hahahaha bros,abeg no vex, u go wound ebamma 3 with dis ur last words! omode nii.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Okoye Celebrates His Daughter, Aliona's 4th Birthday / R-kelly Vs Usher Who Is More Handsome And Sings Better / Daddy Freeze Comes For Chimamanda Adichie Over Feminist Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.