Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever (1121 Views)

Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? / Photo: The Testimony Of The Unbeliever / What Is An Unbeliever/what Constitutes An Unbeliever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by PastorOluT(m): 3:31am On Jul 03, 2013
Series Five

Hopelessness of an unbeliever

Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh,
who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision
in the flesh made by hands; That at that time ye were without Christ,
being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the
covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world.
Ephesians 2:11-12

Though we received power to witness for God, we still might not be doing
it and getting results as we ought to, till we see the hopelessness of
unbelievers and the need to witness. The spirit of God gives us the
enablement and ability to witness and be successful at it, but until we
see how lost (hopeless) others are, we would just hoard all that God had
deposited in us and do nothing. The bible says Jesus was always moved
with compassion before He did miracles, Jesus truly saw the state of the
people, that they were so spiritually helpless and hopeless, moved with
compassion, He came to their aid spiritually and physically. Many at
times we forget that we were once like those we care nothing about and
look down on right now, the bible says we were once gentiles in the
flesh, we were once like the very same people we detest, in fact some of
us are worst, yet many of us are quick to condemn this people. Now the
first step to developing compassion for this people is seeing that we
were once like them, we are to always see ourselves in the same shoes
and empathize with them.

The bible says in the book of 2 Corinthians 5:11, knowing therefore the
terror of the Lord, we persuade men. There is so much we know that the
unbelievers do not know and also so much we possess that they do not, so
having this knowledge, we ought have compassion on them and do
everything in our power to make them leave the state of ignorance and
darkness and come into the light.

Let us look more closely at the hopelessness of unbelievers according to
the scriptures.

Gentiles in the flesh

The word Gentile came from the Jews, godless; they believe all that do
not belong to the Jewish race are Gentiles. The Jews sees themselves as
the super race and every other person as inferior, they believe they
serve the true God, and even the manner in which to serve God only them
knows, all the prophets belong to them, they hold the history of
humanity, they only have the right to God, and that God loves only them
as a people. The interesting thing is that this is in fact true
according to the scriptures Romans 9:4&5, so they see every other
race as gentiles and godless. But all this was put to death in Christ
Jesus, for the bible says He pulled down the middle wall of partition.

Today, as many as received Christ are Jews according to faith, while all
other persons are gentiles, the same hopelessness a non Jew would face
before Christ came, is the same hopelessness an unbeliever faces now.
Gentiles then were given so much to godless activities that God had to
destroy so many of them because of their unrestrained lust, He said the
reason He is destroying the nations in the promise land and bringing the
Israelites in, was because of their godless acts. Unbelievers are
gentiles by nature, not just because of what they have done but because
of who they are, so they have no choice than to live that godless life
and will never be acceptable to the father. Just like a gentile is
godless and hopeless because he is born a gentile, so an unbeliever will
continue his godless and hopeless activities that will eventually lead
to Hell, because he is by nature an unbeliever.

Strangers from the covenants of the promise

This is one of the worst of the hopelessness of an unbeliever, being
strangers from the covenants of the promise. Right from the time man was
created on earth God had been entering into covenants with men, and the
covenants are so important because those are what keeps him going as a
man, and also God is always faithful to those covenants. There were some
rights the Jews enjoined because of the covenant promise to Abraham
which no other race enjoined, God was particular about the Jews, so when
they sinned or committed any wrong, God was and is always on them, and
so He is always ready to bless them too, but for other nations, it seem
God care less.

In Christ Jesus, there are promises that only the believers have right
to. The first of those covenant rights is the right to Sonship, the
bible says as many as are believed in Him to them He gave he power to
become the sons of God. Unbelievers are not sons of God and can never be
till they repent and accept Jesus as their Lord and savior, bluntly
said, they are children of the devil, 1 John 3:10. There are so much
promises we enjoy as Christians that time and space would even fail us
to mention here, but unbelievers would only dream of it and never get to
enjoy, the bible says blessed be God of our Lord Jesus Christ who has
blessed us with all spiritual blessing in Christ Jesus, Ephesians 1:3; 2
Peter 1:3. Unbelievers can and will never enjoy this blessings except
they give their lives to Christ.

Godless and without Hope

It takes God to have hope; unbelievers do not have God and do not have
hope. The bibles says hope maketh not ashamed for the love of God is
shared abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost, Paul also said if our
hope is in this world alone, then of all men will are the most
miserable. Romans 1:18-32 God gave unbelievers over to lust which will
eventually lead to death (spiritual death), they have no hope for
anything than to perish. When a man goes through difficult times, he
consoles himself in the hope of getting better someday, or maybe one is
deathly sick, people console him and themselves that when He dies he
will go to rest and ease from the suffering, hope is the natural way a
man can live, hope gives us the strength to keep living, so imagine hope
is taken out of the world, a sick man never getting well, a poor man
remaining poor indefinitely, the pain never to go away, the blind never
seeing etc, the thought is incomprehensible!

If this is the way hopelessness is, how can a man live without hope?
This is exactly the way unbelievers live and would continue like that in
Hell. Many think it is just the fire that will be most terrible in
Hell, the fire in Hell is going to be one of the minor worries, one of
the most terrible thing in Hell will be the hopelessness, the thought
that they will never get out of Hell and that the situation will never
change, I believe will be more killing than the fire itself. No mind can
process that thought!
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by PastorOluT(m): 7:22am On Jul 12, 2013
WHEN WE SEE THE TRUE STATE OF UNBELIEVERS, I BELIEVE WE WILL BE MORE COMPASSIONATE AND DO ALL IN OUR POWER TO SAVE SOME!
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by Yooguyz: 6:17pm On Jul 15, 2013
Pastor Olu T: WHEN WE SEE THE TRUE STATE OF UNBELIEVERS, I BELIEVE WE WILL BE MORE COMPASSIONATE AND DO ALL IN OUR POWER TO SAVE SOME!
The bible made us to understand that spiritual eyes of the unbeliver has been blinded by the god of this world
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by PastorOluT(m): 11:31am On Jul 16, 2013
Yooguyz:
The bible made us to understand that spiritual eyes of the unbeliver has been blinded by the god of this world

which is where we come in!
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by PastorOluT(m): 12:26pm On Jul 18, 2013
Father I pray for bountiful harvest of souls in my community and beyond
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by PastorOluT(m): 11:44am On Jul 23, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Father I pray for bountiful harvest of souls in my community and beyond

Lift up your eyes and see, the harvest is indeed plenty but the laborers are few!
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 23, 2013
what are unbelievers being saved from ?
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by PastorOluT(m): 11:57am On Jul 23, 2013
frosbel: what are unbelievers being saved from ?

I guess u have a bible, but to oblige u;

They are being save from bondage of sin, devil, world (corruption), and the wrath to come.
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 23, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

I guess u have a bible, but to oblige u;

They are being save from bondage of sin, devil, world (corruption), and the wrath to come.

What is this Wrath ?
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by PastorOluT(m): 12:22pm On Jul 23, 2013
frosbel:

What is this Wrath ?

Though I know u have a bible n u know so much, I will come back to this wrath, but i have this to say to u frosbel;

Did u read the op at all? What exactly is happening to u frosbel, this days u only criticises and even ur threads are no longer encouraging to anyone but confusing to baby xtians and leading astray. And when sincere threads are opened by people desiring to know the truth and needing encouragement I hardly find u or any bible guru there?

Pls let us all do the work of the master and not be led astray by the devil, and use this forum to put the devil to shame.

God bless u bro, stay blessed and b rapturable
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 23, 2013
^^^^

If the foundation is destroyed what hope do we have ?

The foundation of the gospel Jesus preached has been changed from "repent for the kingdom of God is at hand" to repent and go to heaven when you die or burn in hell if you refuse.

My point is simple : We have so many Christians and yet the world is covered in gross darkness, even in the church sins that unbelievers find detestable are being committed. And there is a reason for this. We have changed the simple gospel of Jesus into very complex mathematical creeds, dogmas and formulas. These have confused the hell out of many and in some cases even scared them.

The gospel we are told to preach is one of hope, love and peace. Freedom from pain, suffering, death, tears, loss, etc , in the new kingdom of GOD where everlasting peace will be established.

"The time promised by God has come at last!" he announced. "The Kingdom of God is near! Repent of your sins and believe the Good News!" - Mark 1:15

We are to go into the world and bring people into the kingdom of GOD which is shortly to be established on this earth, by telling them about the great work of reconciliation that Jesus has done for them , he has secured for them eternal life in the new kingdom by his death , burial and resurrection.

We are to 'leave this world ' and follow Jesus into the next world, by repentance , obedience and love. We are to be part of this world but not to conform to it, instead we conform to Jesus so that we can be counted fit as citizens in the new kingdom.

The gospel is not repent and burn but repent or perish. 2 choices, life forever in blissful paradise, or destruction from the presence of the Lord.

The gospel is not a threat , it is an invitation of LOVE.

smiley
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by PastorOluT(m): 4:02pm On Jul 25, 2013
Funny@ frosbel enough, I can't seem to find any post by u since u claimed to wise up which reads repent for the kingdom of God is at Hand? Can't u see the hypocrisy or u are just not sincere? I am yet to see any thread from u encouraging believers all I see is criticizing n stating new doctrines to suit ur believes.

Coming to the issue of Hell, the bible clearly teaches it and I would not want to start over again by quoting those scriptures for we have several threads on that. And when u talk about threat it makes me laugh for the way i see it, even if a scripture on Hell is quoted with any interpretations attached u will still call it threat. This is only declaring what the scripture says, for instance;

Would it not be considered insane if U tell me that if I cross a busy express with my eyes closed I will be killed in minutes and I replied stop threatening me? The truth is u are declaring a fact which if I believe or not doesn't Change a thing.

Lastly, Is this not hypocrisy when u say the gospel is repent for the kingdom of God is at hand, and no thread can be found by u with this caption since u wised up?
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by PastorOluT(m): 4:47pm On Aug 07, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Funny@ frosbel enough, I can't seem to find any post by u since u claimed to wise up which reads repent for the kingdom of God is at Hand? Can't u see the hypocrisy or u are just not sincere? I am yet to see any thread from u encouraging believers all I see is criticizing n stating new doctrines to suit ur believes.

Coming to the issue of Hell, the bible clearly teaches it and I would not want to start over again by quoting those scriptures for we have several threads on that. And when u talk about threat it makes me laugh for the way i see it, even if a scripture on Hell is quoted with any interpretations attached u will still call it threat. This is only declaring what the scripture says, for instance;

Would it not be considered insane if U tell me that if I cross a busy express with my eyes closed I will be killed in minutes and I replied stop threatening me? The truth is u are declaring a fact which if I believe or not doesn't Change a thing.

Lastly, Is this not hypocrisy when u say the gospel is repent for the kingdom of God is at hand, and no thread can be found by u with this caption since u wised up?
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by PastorOluT(m): 8:12pm On Aug 21, 2013
Yooguyz:
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by PastorOluT(m): 12:41pm On Sep 01, 2013
Do you have a future and a hope?
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by PastorOluT(m): 9:41am On Sep 12, 2013
Pastor Olu T: WHEN WE SEE THE TRUE STATE OF UNBELIEVERS, I BELIEVE WE WILL BE MORE COMPASSIONATE AND DO ALL IN OUR POWER TO SAVE SOME!
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by PastorOluT(m): 9:42am On Sep 12, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Father I pray for bountiful harvest of souls in my community and beyond
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by PastorOluT(m): 8:46am On Oct 07, 2013
One thing and only one thing is needful, do not be deceived by the devil into getting too much attached to the things of the world. The devil is so subtle that he get you too busy even with good things and activities of religion, but not that which is needful. You major on the minor and minor on the major, and before you know it you have spent your life on the wrong things and it is too late.

But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou are careful and trouble about many things. But one thing is needful: And Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
Luke 10:40-42

Stay blessed and remain rapturable
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by PastorOluT(m): 7:53am On Nov 13, 2013
If our hope is in this world alone, then of all men we are the most miserable. But thank God our hope transcends this world, for the bible says hope makes not ashamed for the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost.
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by SeedofOnan(m): 8:18am On Nov 13, 2013
The hopelessness of the blind believer. No matter what factual evidence you present to them in efforts to heighten their understanding of the real world. They rebel in fear of leaving their Bubble. Scared & feeble minded they cower to the notion of giving up their imaginary freind & lash out with vindictive damming language when confronted with the truth that supernatural claims from the myths of our ancestors where nothing more than folklore from an irrelevant & ignorant age.
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by PastorOluT(m): 7:52am On Nov 14, 2013
Seed of Onan: The hopelessness of the blind believer. No matter what factual evidence you present to them in efforts to heighten their understanding of the real world. They rebel in fear of leaving their Bubble. Scared & feeble minded they cower to the notion of giving up their imaginary freind & lash out with vindictive damming language when confronted with the truth that supernatural claims from the myths of our ancestors where nothing more than folklore from an irrelevant & ignorant age.

Smile, soon enough we shall see!
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by SeedofOnan(m): 9:18am On Nov 14, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Smile, soon enough we shall see!

Case in point!
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by PastorOluT(m): 3:38pm On Nov 14, 2013
Seed of Onan:

Case in point!

But seriously u cant even claim to have hope, u dont believe in God, the spiritual or after life, so what hope n future can u say u have?
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by SeedofOnan(m): 4:51pm On Nov 14, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

But seriously u cant even claim to have hope, u dont believe in God, the spiritual or after life, so what hope n future can u say u have?

I have hope for today and a better tomorrow. I live in the here and now and I have a heightened awareness of my immediate moment because I'm aware that this is the only life I have to live. So I make the best of it and look to make the best of others life as well. Since I'm aware that this is the only time I will be experiencing consciousness. I'm aware how precious life actually is and don't take my own or anyone else's for granted.

I'm not willing to piss my life away in hopes for a better one in the so called "Kingdom of God" or out of fear of eternal torment in "Hell". I know these are all figments of man's primitive imaginations. Maybe there is an afterlife, I'm not disagreeing with you on that. We only disagree on notion of the Bible or any Holy Book by Man as a Guide and Divine Rule book transmitted from God to Man through Revelation.
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by PastorOluT(m): 7:48am On Nov 15, 2013
Seed of Onan:

I have hope for today and a better tomorrow. I live in the here and now and I have a heightened awareness of my immediate moment because I'm aware that this is the only life I have to live. So I make the best of it and look to make the best of others life as well. Since I'm aware that this is the only time I will be experiencing consciousness. I'm aware how precious life actually is and don't take my own or anyone else's for granted.

I'm not willing to piss my life away in hopes for a better one in the so called "Kingdom of God" or out of fear of eternal torment in "Hell". I know these are all figments of man's primitive imaginations. Maybe there is an afterlife, I'm not disagreeing with you on that. We only disagree on notion of the Bible or any Holy Book by Man as a Guide and Divine Rule book transmitted from God to Man through Revelation.

This is interesting, u believe "maybe there is an after life" so I will take my cue from there.

I have a question for u then;

* What if for sure there is an after life, would u live ur life differently?

* What is ur though about God n creation?

* If there is an after life, would there not be requirements for the new life/world?

I have more questions but let us tackle this ones first, expecting u.
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by PastorOluT(m): 4:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

This is interesting, u believe "maybe there is an after life" so I will take my cue from there.

I have a question for u then;

* What if for sure there is an after life, would u live ur life differently?

* What is ur though about God n creation?

* If there is an after life, would there not be requirements for the new life/world?

I have more questions but let us tackle this ones first, expecting u.

Where u at seed of onan?
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by PastorOluT(m): 2:58pm On Jan 01, 2014
Yooguyz:
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by PastorOluT(m): 8:10am On Jan 05, 2014
We are in the last lap of our race on earth and would soon give accounts of our sojourneying on this side of eternity. The bible says we should be wise as serpent and gentle as a dove, also it says it is required in stewardship that a man be found faithful.

Let us all arise from our slumbering and receive the light and life of Christ running with focus and perseverance the final lap of the race we are called to!

Seeing wherefore brethren that we are compassed around with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us do away with every sin and weight which easily beset us, and running this race with perseverance that is set before us. Looking unto Christ the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was placed before Him endure the cross, despising the shame and has sat at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hebrews 12:1-2

Stay blessed and remain rapturable
Re: Evangelism 5-The Hopelessness of An Unbeliever by PastorOluT(m): 9:52am On Jan 08, 2014
There is more to this life than here and now, do not get too attached to this world that you lose eternity.

If you do not get married, build a house, own a car, or even get all that heart could wish on this side of eternity. Do not be perturbed for God has so much for you on the other side of eternity that you would not have been there one minute before asking yourself why you were so attached to the world.

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Romans 8:18

Stay blessed and remain remain rapturable

(1) (Reply)

TB Joshua – Where Does Spiritual husbands & Wifes Come From? / Angel Said To Have Appeared To Singers At RCCG Ebute Metta, Lagos / Video: Nothing Is Impossible ~ Sinach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.