Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,596 members, 7,958,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:29 AM

More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister (13052 Views)

See Crazy Routines Nigerian Soldiers Go Through To Be Recruited In The Army(pics / Ongoing Protest By Dismissed Immigration Personnels Recruited Under GEJ / 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by Ashlamzee(f): 11:58am On Jul 03, 2013
adaobasi: Please can someone tell me when the ASP cadre currently on training in Kano will be out
they are having their passing out parade this month,have a friend among them.
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 12:24pm On Jul 03, 2013
If only they will CHANGE dat black uniform, no doubt Phd/Msc will apply 4 dis.
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 03, 2013
Looking at the situation of things in Nigeria many educated people would have loved to work for the police but there hasn't been any good development coming out of its plans recently until this particular one.There are no good uniform, police vehicles, salary, bad condition of police stations, poor police reputation, lack of equipment, just to mention but a few.

If graduates have to be conscripted into the police they must have in mind the plan to turn around the bad condition of things so that police in Nigeria can be respected. I haven't seen anything so much interesting about the Nigerian police lately.

This idea comes at the right time when reforms are gradually happening in many sectors and the crime rated going up and dangerous primitive behavior is increasing in many parts of the country, most especially, in the North.
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by drdams: 7:17pm On Jul 03, 2013
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by AZeD1(m): 8:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
Why will a minister of the federal republic of Nigeria present score card to a political party's leadership?
Recruiting graduates is a good idea on paper but in reality visit the nairaland political section and see the way the supposed graduates think.
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by kabaka1: 12:44am On Jul 04, 2013
Danhumprey: Interesting development. We need professionals and forensic scientists.

By d way,3rd to comment.

Exactly, but d main issue will be good payment as these professionals can't work 4 free or 4 groundnuts payments grin
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by kabaka1: 1:00am On Jul 04, 2013
mj: Before going to the University, i thought I will work for the police someday . I wanted to use my skill in ICT to help fight crimes, Do things like Facial Recognition, large finger print database of all Nigerians, crime management system, tooth database, etc but not any longer. Police are as useless as U can complete the rest.

Abeg, it's not too late to realize that dream in Nigeria. Just give them this chance 4 a minute as I think with ur vision n dreams, u can still be very useful in d development of naija's law enforcement. Living currently in d US, I see the minister has a good vision here, but I know d problem with naija system is poor implemenation of their plans and vision, but I hope this works out, so u can help develop naija's law enforcement n also realize ur dreams 2
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by MikeBetty(m): 10:50am On Jul 04, 2013
corruption can only be eradicated when individual prepare to to shun evil, not only police but all Nigerians. Some so called graduates who are yet to be recruited into NPF is more corrupt than the police. The IG that denied his sunordinates better welfare parkages instead resorted in divarting money thats meant for purchase of equipments and weapons is a graduate. Yet he is the master of curruption. Our governors who diverts our commonwealth are graduates. etc, lets concentrate on training and retraining of our policemen not to aportion blames of corruption cos 98% of Nigerians are culprits of such crime. Some so called graduates are the problems of police, some Dpos who joined the force as graduates @ asp and inspectorate cadre are the same people that goes to LGAs to collect upkeep money, yet they ask their patrol men to fuel the patrol vans without giving them money, where the petrol money comes from is not his business thereby forcing boys to resort to extortion.
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by EmperorOlu: 11:02am On Jul 04, 2013
[size=15pt][b]Can someone tell this donkey Caleb Olubolade that enlisting graduates into the police will not make any difference if the training and COC of the Force is not revised? You can hire professors ,scientist blah blah blah but if you do not build a world class police academy staffed with seasoned police trainers from all over the world you are wasting your time.The training of our police is similar to training monkeys to carry guns and fire.You also need to police the police and ensure that they maintain their code of conduct at all times.

It starts from the top and if a monkey like Caleb Olubolade does not even know what to do to make the police better then he is just wasting everyone's time.Many of the personnel in different United states police departments are secondary school leavers yet they behave in a manner that maintains the dignity of their uniform and cause.You don't have to be a graduate to be a good police officer ,you have to be taught well and held accountable for your actions at all times.The only thing buffoons like Caleb Olubolade is good at is changing uniforms every 10 years to launder the image of the pathetically useless Nigerian police force.

Finally why are they waiting for Jonathan to commission the CCtvs before they start using it? This is why i hate Nigerian leaders.In foreign countries ,they don't commission street cameras.They install it and start using it immediately without any fanfare.How much will the commissioning ceremony cost again? I swear GOD go punish all these bastards including Jonathan who are just running this country like barbarians. Start using the F-cking camera instead of waiting for stupid Jonathan! angry[/b][/size]

1 Like

Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by starsdapper(m): 4:30pm On Jul 04, 2013
a very welcom development. but long certificate wud mean scientific bribery n corruption (robbery) like in the banking, 419s, students- lectuerer arrangies, election ringing, etc. it will still be a chip of the old block as we nigerians are not yet ready for a change.
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 04, 2013
The last police recruitment was a scam. Those who went for the interviews, both state and zonal had different negative tales to tell.

The force is in shambles and it's rank and file are confused. The public do not trust them. If you ask an ordinary man in the street, he will confess to you that it is easy to predict a thief than a police man/woman.

Their quest for bribe, which they use in training their children are having negative impact on their children. The police service commission are not helping matters.

Police carry out there duty with fear. If they are not attacked by armed robbers, Ombatse cult group will kidnap them and the government will do nothing about it.

In every thing one is doing in life, education is the key. Nigerian police force is not performing above average because 95 percent of it's work force are stark illiterates. Imagin some one saying that they are waiting on Mr. President to commission CCTV cameras which should be secret and third eye to the force before they become operational.

For a lasting solution to numerous plagues troubling the Nigerian police, the federal government should, as a matter of urgency, bring out a white paper on the restructuring of the force. The sooner the better.

Before i sign off, my heart goes to all police men and women who lost their lives in the line of duty. May God reward you in Heaven.
For the good eggs among them, i love you all.
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by wisy4jesus(m): 6:52pm On Jul 11, 2013
I THINK IS A WELCOME DEVELOPMENT. IF THEY WILL DO AS THEY HAVE SAID, IT WILL A LONG WAY IN TRACKING SECURITY CHALLENGES IN THE COUNTRY
Re: More Graduates To Be Recruited Into Police- Minister by wisy4jesus(m): 9:11pm On Jul 15, 2013
smileyWhen is the recruitment starting?When is the recruitment starting?When is the recruitment starting?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW / Enugu North PDP Holds Senatorial District Mega Rally. Pictures / Buhari's Government A Mass Failure, Ministers Have No Handover Notes -PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.