Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka (18321 Views)

Four Women Mysteriously Die In Awka, Amambra State.(Graphic Pics) / I Helped A Stranded Stranger Yesterday! / I Helped Him To Be Staying Wit Me Now He Said Is Fone Is Lost He Is: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 08, 2013
God bless you.
Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by cold(m): 11:55pm On Jul 08, 2013
God,God,God! That's all i've been reading. For the record,Zubby does not believe in God & rightly so. Yet,had the conscience to do the right thing unlike most of you here screaming God who would have driven past (whilst screaming 'blood of Jezzuus!')so they don't turn up late for fellowship or Bible study. Speaks volumes

2 Likes

Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 09, 2013
Op you're my July hero. God bless your heart and reward you plenty.
Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by jpphilips(m): 12:13am On Jul 09, 2013
there was this guy that rescued an armed robbery victim in ph few months ago, he took it upon himself to give him first aid and rush him to the millitary hospital ph, where they refused to treat him cos its a gun shot wound.
Just wanted to let him know that the man passed on an hr after he left, i couldnt get your contact by the time i got to the hospital you took him to at stadium road.
He was actually my driver.
God will reward your kindness.

3 Likes

Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by delors(m): 1:25am On Jul 09, 2013
For what u did, I give you that cute nurse as reward. take her home. na me talk am. Thank you.
Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by lyfe(m): 1:49am On Jul 09, 2013
Nurse Teniola I no well.
Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by Flygerian1(m): 2:27am On Jul 09, 2013
kokoye: Does this girl want her picture on Nairaland?
The news u watch err'day, do those people want their faces to be shown on TV?

Without evidence like the pic on the front page, how would u know if the reported news is true?

3 Likes

Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by timilehing(m): 2:37am On Jul 09, 2013
slimyem: Good samaritan. The world needs many more like you. cool
May you reap what your hands have sown.
Good Nigerian
Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by addicted268(f): 2:54am On Jul 09, 2013
InvertedHammer: /
I think it is b/c of police wahala. I heard that you cannot treat without police report.
Is it true?

Besides, I think our people are immune/numb to emotions

//
I agree but I think its more to do with the police wahala than numbness of emotions.do you know how many people that are rotting in nigerian prisons for doing good?I remember an incident that happened during my uni days.I was traveling from lagos to ph,just after warri there was this bus that had three dead people inside.our bus driver slowed down and we took a good look.obviously they were shot.people naturally sympathized,then we continued our journey.after driving for about 10mins we encountered a police checkpoint but the police there were just relaxing under a shade,so passengers asked the driver to go report the incident to the police.the man refused initially saying d people were already dead.after a while,he agreed,parked the car and walked up to them to report the incident.na so police hold our driver o.started asking him stupid questions like "if u weren't d one that shot them,how did u know they died of gunshot wounds"?before we could say jack robinson,the driver became "the accused".they said he must take them back to d venue of the incident,then from there to the station to go write statement.no be small wahala that day o.after so much pleading by all the passengers in the bus,they let us go.needless to say that d driver cursed those who persuaded him to report the incident all thru the remainder of the journey.that was the day I understood what was meant by "voom(run) is better than statement".ever heard people say that in police wahala "I-no-follow is N20,000"?.....@OP,thank you for your kindness.God will reward you.
Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by Jarus(m): 3:37am On Jul 09, 2013
Good of you. But please always ensure you don't have phsyical contact with anyone's blood, even when rescuing accident victims. Try to use nylon to shield your hands, if you don't have glove.

Good job. May God reward you.
Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by InvertedHammer: 4:57am On Jul 09, 2013
addicted268:
I agree but I think its more to do with the police wahala than numbness of emotions.do you know how many people that are rotting in nigerian prisons for doing good?I remember an incident that happened during my uni days.I was traveling from lagos to ph,just after warri there was this bus that had three dead people inside.our bus driver slowed down and we took a good look.obviously they were shot.people naturally sympathized,then we continued our journey.after driving for about 10mins we encountered a police checkpoint but the police there were just relaxing under a shade,so passengers asked the driver to go report the incident to the police.the man refused initially saying d people were already dead.after a while,he agreed,parked the car and walked up to them to report the incident.na so police hold our driver o.started asking him stupid questions like "if u weren't d one that shot them,how did u know they died of gunshot wounds"?before we could say jack robinson,the driver became "the accused".they said he must take them back to d venue of the incident,then from there to the station to go write statement.no be small wahala that day o.after so much pleading by all the passengers in the bus,they let us go.needless to say that d driver cursed those who persuaded him to report the incident all thru the remainder of the journey.that was the day I understood what was meant by "voom(run) is better than statement".ever heard people say that in police wahala "I-no-follow is N20,000"?.....@OP,thank you for your kindness.God will reward you.
/
Interesting indeed. I remember couple of weeks when we had arguments on why a policeman would shoot a motorist that ran into UNILAG. It points to the fact that every encounter with Nigerian Police personnel is unique in its own way but each leaving a sour taste on the victim.

Anyway, we will continue to live. From my neck of woods back then, I know that most people run away from police especially as festive seasons draw nigh (Xmas, Easter). These are the periods that NPF up their extortion game. I subscribe to the principle of "voom better than statement". If you could, just avoid any encounter with those sons-of-gun.

//

1 Like

Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by Decryptor(m): 5:26am On Jul 09, 2013
se.xkilza.phull:

If I may ask, do you live in Nigeria currently? While most of Nigeria is still in the doldrums, can you say it is not clear some parts and parties have made clearly significant progress than others? If you are well travelled in Nigeria, answer honestly!

However, if you put it down to the argument of "no ideology" and you are not starting your own party to proffer clear alternatives, then these kind of situations will NEVER go away and WILL NEVER get better! Do you know that the God that a lot of Nigerians shout his name all the time they do something stoopid said clearly: "WOE UNTO the PHARISEES!". Substitute the current hypocrites of Nigeria into that phrase and you will see clearly why your prayers are going nowhere! Of the pharisees, he cursed them why? He said these same people (e.g. people like the Samaritarian Zuby, the OP) will go to the end of the earth to make a proselyte and thereafter, turn him into TWICE a child of HELL. I am sure you understand English quite well, read in between the lines and you will get my drift. Again, I do not live in Nigeria and you need to be outside a system to be able to judge it very objectively. My advice? Make progress one at a time! Do you know that the mere fact that a ruling party is voted out massively and completely in a subsequent election is significant grounds for parties to begin to sit-up? However, as soon as they know that Nigerians remain fish-brained thinkers, unobjective, damaged-goods from the military, colonial and religious eras, they have no incentive to do right!

Did you not read a trending story on OJB Jezreel on NL few days ago? God knows I never knew or heard about him before until then. You saw FOO.LISH Nigerians shouting and running around for $100K. Kudos to those who helped but again, this is a VERY STUPI.D approach to solving societal or national problems! Well, so you helped 1 person, what about the 1,000 similar patients suffering exactly the same disease alone (not to mention other equally serious ailments?). Is the life of 1 person >>> than the other? It is the same reason your leaders in Nigeria think they are >>> every other Nigerian and deserve to be treated with millions of USD while ordinary Nigerians die like chicken everyday! Think about it! In a place like where I am (and yes, they are FAR from perfect humans or systems) but MONEY or FINANCE will not be A REASON WHY he will be in such unfortunate situation! There is a system that would have solved the problem LOOOONNNNGGGG before it becomes a $100 K problem or managed it much better before he had to go through so much suffering and pain. If Nigerians keep voting their PDP and retardeenic governments, the rewards of the fooli.ishness will only be their portion and it does not matter how many times you call GOD or ask that another samaritan stops to rescue a 100 injured people when a functioning system will EASILY take care of the problem while providing jobs and quality care for the citizens!
My friend stop making noise like a forest cicada insect! You are talking about having a functioning system here in Nigeria and yet you ran away to God-knows-where and telling us trash! If you want Nigeria to become what you opine, then it's not enough for you to sit down in front of your computer and typing bladderdash on your keyboard. A great Nigeria starts with you and me. If you are so burdened, leave the country where you reside whose people have fought to make their own mark and come back here. Only then can we listen to you or else, stop giving us this Martin Luther King wanna-be sermon and hold your peace. Thank you
Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by yomalex(m): 5:41am On Jul 09, 2013
For those who are afraid of police harassment, you may do well to join your local branch of the Red Cross or the Red Crescent as the case may be.
Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by Nobody: 5:43am On Jul 09, 2013
Typical of the present day 'social network-crazed' Nigerians that would take pictures of scenes..

1 Like

Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by richeyy(m): 6:46am On Jul 09, 2013
Good work op but I'd rather you remove the girl's picture.
Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by guttentag(m): 7:10am On Jul 09, 2013
IF YOU ARE NOT IN NIGERIA AND YOU ARE INTERFERING IN ISSUES HERE, YOU BE Olofofo CUZ YOU NO KNOW HOW E BE HERE
Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by GboyegaD(m): 7:36am On Jul 09, 2013
God will reward you for this good deed. If only we all can have a good heart, Nigeria will be a much better place than we can imagine.
Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by 4reigningqueen: 8:01am On Jul 09, 2013
okpara ugo: May God bless you.

Mmaji kwuru mmaji..

In addition, can i refund your N5,000 in exchange for the nurse's phone number

what is guru maharaji
Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by tellwsdom: 8:19am On Jul 09, 2013
This is not an accident my nicca...This one na wound for where she dey play sad
Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by moscobabs(m): 8:43am On Jul 09, 2013
kokoye: Does this girl want her picture on Nairaland?
The Op posted it because of Thomas like u who may not believe him
Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by swezenberg(m): 8:47am On Jul 09, 2013
Why are some people asking the OP to remove the pictures. Was the girl sexually harrassed or do they have something to do with the girl. This is Nihgeria and not Europe or US. If the guy had not posted the pix some of you will say na fake, some will ask for the photos. You better don't comment if you don't leave. I won't even be surprised if some of them have never been to the airport before. Fake pple
Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by biolabee(m): 8:58am On Jul 09, 2013
Wow.. Good job

You saved a life and destinies
Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by crackhouse(m): 9:00am On Jul 09, 2013
otijah: na una type dey request for pics for proof always now u no want am.
my dear u are right. if the OP did not include pic, the same people will be requesting for proof but now they have and they are still complaining. people sef.
Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by osifred(m): 9:21am On Jul 09, 2013
God Bless you @op
Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by ohisola(f): 9:39am On Jul 09, 2013
annoymous:

Are u alright? U don't even know me. It z wrong to post pictures of people especially in that state without consent, period. I don't av any problems with him telling us how he saved accident victims but putting their pictures here is going too far. If you have a problem with that, well, then you av a problem.

What is your problem!!!!!! Pple are here making meaniful impact on d thread all ur little head can c is d pics of the girl. ( Picture wen no evn show well self) can u honestly recognise dat girl by just lookin @ dat pics? Abi u tink say evrybody na thief lik u wen dey fear 2 use their picture. + look 4 smtin beta 2 do and stop derailing d thread. ITK (I know too much)

1 Like

Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by udoka2: 10:08am On Jul 09, 2013
@op
Let it settled in your heart that, YOU WILL NEVER LACK HELP IN TIME OF NEED!
Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by oggy005(f): 11:13am On Jul 09, 2013
Les: Isn't it wrong to ask one to deposit money on emergency? angry
It's absolutely wrong but this practice is done in all Nigerian hospitals be it private or govt owned but what do we do The same system u want to complain to is corrupt and rotten. God bless him that has a kind heart.
Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 09, 2013
koastar: There should be a law criminalizing the act of not stopping to help accident victims. There should also be another mandating doctors in government owned hospitals to attend to accident victims without initial deposit from the person(s) who rescued the victim from the accident scene. The bill should be borne by the victim's family

The bill arising from treating accident victims should be borne by the government.
Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 09, 2013
4reigningqueen:

what is guru maharaji

Chineke gozie gi, mmaji kwuru mmaji means: May God bless you in multiple fold.

Btw, are you the nurse
Re: I Helped Accident Victims Along Ugwuoba/Amansea Awka by deadie(m): 12:37pm On Jul 09, 2013
koastar: There should be a law criminalizing the act of not stopping to help accident victims. There should also be another mandating doctors in government owned hospitals to attend to accident victims without initial deposit from the person(s) who rescued the victim from the accident scene. The bill should be borne by the victim's family

It is a crime not to stop to help accident victims in Germany. You must learn these before you get your driving license here: (1) Make the scene of the accident safe (2) Give first aid (3) call for help.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Today Is Friday The 13th / Two Nigerian Students Drown In Ghana / Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.