Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,555 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Nigeria's Power Sector Is Ready For Investment - General Electric - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Power Sector Is Ready For Investment - General Electric (7663 Views)

Aviation Sector Is Collapsing —FG Cries Out / I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan / General Electric To Assemble Train-Engines In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Power Sector Is Ready For Investment - General Electric by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 03, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Back in the days,the US sits in her abode;waiting for developing countries to come and beg her to invest in their dungeons.Then a poor man can't even afford a mobile phone until China came into Africa thereafter, Europe and US markets fell.

Meanwhile,don't foget that china has already established here not through slavery,colonization nor imperialism but genuine business interests that have benefitted Africans and Nigerians !
That is true China has done a lot in Nigeria but cannot occupy every area. One of the areas they haven't find a very formidable success is in the power generation. I think US coming in to play a role will be very helpful and is needed at this point in time when Nigeria has been battling with it without any success.

Thank you.
Re: Nigeria's Power Sector Is Ready For Investment - General Electric by gerald09(m): 1:02pm On Jul 03, 2013
This is what Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ call another form of slavery. Decades ago they came in the same way, I fink u should go visit a chinese company in Nigeria u will see slavery @ its highest. I read somewhere dat a guy was giving 50k as compensation after he lost his arm in a chinese factory in lagos. They not here cos dey love us its cos Nigeria is one of the countries on earth dat offers d cheapest labour with no health and safety regulations, no benefits n pension regulation n guess what they have 140million people to exploit, its a freakin gold mine. Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ are about to loose our market position in the oil industry soon these co-operations will own us. As the old saying goes when there is blood on the streets, its time to make money.
Re: Nigeria's Power Sector Is Ready For Investment - General Electric by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 03, 2013
gerald09: This is what Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ call another form of slavery. Decades ago they came in the same way, I fink u should go visit a chinese company in Nigeria u will see slavery @ its highest. I read somewhere dat a guy was giving 50k as compensation after he lost his arm in a chinese factory in lagos. They not here cos dey love us its cos Nigeria is one of the countries on earth dat offers d cheapest labour with no health and safety regulations, no benefits n pension regulation n guess what they have 140million people to exploit, its a freakin gold mine. Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ are about to loose our market position in the oil industry soon these co-operations will own us. As the old saying goes when there is blood on the streets, its time to make money.
Blahblahblah... What solution have you provided before now? You are just too afraid of modernity. You need to grow up, my friend.
Re: Nigeria's Power Sector Is Ready For Investment - General Electric by utilityautos: 1:54pm On Jul 03, 2013
No need for many words. What we ought to be intrested in is: WHEN EXACTLY WOULD WE START TO CELEBRATE UNINTERUPTED POWER SUPPLY IN NIGERIA. Give us an answer and make it come to pass GE! REMEMBER THE END WILL JUSTIFY...
Re: Nigeria's Power Sector Is Ready For Investment - General Electric by erinolu(m): 1:58pm On Jul 03, 2013
Afrocatalyst: Calabar. How do you attract these investors to your place sef?

By being hospitable...PERIOD!!!!
Re: Nigeria's Power Sector Is Ready For Investment - General Electric by missystephen: 2:19pm On Jul 03, 2013
Let there be light, that's all.
Re: Nigeria's Power Sector Is Ready For Investment - General Electric by drnoel: 2:51pm On Jul 03, 2013
KINGwax: wait until ur brothers start kidnapping them and d bokos start bombing their facilities.
But then do u think that would stop genuine investors, no sir. Even if ur brodas book haram come to start bombing, they will be weeded out like b4, afterall is Osama not dead?
Re: Nigeria's Power Sector Is Ready For Investment - General Electric by godman01(m): 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2013
We pray their good intention comes to pass.
Re: Nigeria's Power Sector Is Ready For Investment - General Electric by Geniusvic(m): 4:56pm On Jul 03, 2013
Geniusvic: I don't care if GE is here for their own interest as far as their investments in the power,health and transport sectors help stabilize them!
Re: Nigeria's Power Sector Is Ready For Investment - General Electric by utilityautos: 5:22pm On Jul 03, 2013
:.
Re: Nigeria's Power Sector Is Ready For Investment - General Electric by favorfavor: 9:33pm On Jul 03, 2013
rubbish-l am against gE investing in Nigeria, the problem is that most of us are ignorant why do l bother to educate ppl who have ears but cannot hear, they have eyes/cannot see-mark my words in red-this investment will come with evil consequences ask yourself if anything good comes out from the west, they give you aid-investments with CONDITIONS-l am not saying china is a saint but they are even way better than the US or the west as a whole even brazil is not bad either-l feel sorry for Africa sometimes!
Re: Nigeria's Power Sector Is Ready For Investment - General Electric by atlwireles: 9:53pm On Jul 03, 2013
favorfavor: rubbish-l am against gE investing in Nigeria, the problem is that most of us are ignorant why do l bother to educate ppl who have ears but cannot hear, they have eyes/cannot see-mark my words in red-this investment will come with evil consequences ask yourself if anything good comes out from the west, they give you aid-investments with CONDITIONS-l am not saying china is a saint but they are even way better than the US or the west as a whole even brazil is not bad either-l feel sorry for Africa sometimes!

Why not stick to your native doctor business?? You don't have to comment .

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Power Sector Is Ready For Investment - General Electric by omonnakoda: 10:51pm On Jul 03, 2013
favorfavor: rubbish-l am against gE investing in Nigeria, the problem is that most of us are ignorant why do l bother to educate ppl who have ears but cannot hear, they have eyes/cannot see-mark my words in red-this investment will come with evil consequences ask yourself if anything good comes out from the west, they give you aid-investments with CONDITIONS-l am not saying china is a saint but they are even way better than the US or the west as a whole even brazil is not bad either-l feel sorry for Africa sometimes!
mumu

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Plotting To Import Thugs For Edo Polls — Oshiomhole / Mahmood Yakubu Elected President ECOWAS Network Of Electoral Commissions / Security Chiefs, Governors Siphon N241bn Annually -Transparency International

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.