Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Married Or In A Relationship.. MUST READ THIS.. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Married Or In A Relationship.. MUST READ THIS.. (1016 Views)

Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! / What Your Sleeping Position Says About Your Relationship [MUST READ] / Categories Of Women Most Likely To Cheat In A Relationship [must Read] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Or In A Relationship.. MUST READ THIS.. by phlame(m): 3:48pm On Jul 03, 2013
"When I got home that night as my husband was standing by the dining table, I held him and said, I've got something to tell you. He sat down and ate quietly.. Again I observed the hurt in his eyes.. Suddenly I didn't know how to open my mouth. But I had to let him know what I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the topic calmly. He didn't seem to be annoyed by my words, instead he asked me softly, why? I avoided his questions.. This made him angry. He threw away the chopsticks and went to our room and slammed the door! That night, we didn't talk to each other. He was upset. I knew he wanted to find out what had happened to our love and marriage. But I could hardly give him a satisfactory answer; he had lost my heart to Jacob. i didn't love him anymore. I just pitied him!

With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that he could own our house, our car, and the whole stake of our company. He glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The man who had spent ten years of his life with me had become a stranger. I felt sorry for his wasted time, resources and energy but I could not take back what I had said for I loved Jacob so dearly. Finally he cried silently in front of me, which was what I had expected to see. To me his cry was actually a kind of release. The idea of divorce which had obsessed me for several weeks seemed to be firmer and clearer now.

The next day, I came back home very late and found him writing something at the table. I didn't have supper but went straight to sleep and fell asleep very fast because I was tired after an eventful day with Jacob. When I woke up, he was still there at the table writing. I just did not care so I turned over and was asleep again.
In the morning he presented his divorce conditions: he didn't want anything from me, but needed a month’s notice before the divorce. He requested that in that one month we both struggle to live as normal a life as possible. His reasons were simple: our daughter had her exams in a month’s time and he didn't want to disrupt her with our broken marriage.

This was agreeable to me. But he had something more, he asked me to recall how he carried me out of our bedroom to the front door every morning. I thought he was going crazy. Just to make our last days together bearable I accepted his odd request.
I told Jacob about my husband's divorce conditions.. He laughed loudly and thought it was absurd. No matter what trick he applies, he has to face the divorce, he said scornfully.

My husband and I hadn't any body contact since my divorce intention was explicitly expressed. So when he carried me out on the first day, we both appeared clumsy. Our daughter clapped behind us, daddy is holding mommy in his arms. Her words brought me a sense of pain. From the bedroom to the sitting room, then to the door, he walked over ten meters with me in his arms. He closed his eyes and said softly; don’t tell our daughter about the divorce. I nodded, feeling somewhat upset. He put me down outside the door. I went to wait for the bus to work. He drove alone to the office.

On the second day, both of us acted much more easily. I could smell the fragrance of his shirt. I realized that I hadn't looked at this man carefully for a long time. I realized he was not young any more. There were wrinkles on his face, his hair was graying! Our marriage had taken its toll on him. For a minute I wondered what I had done to him.

On the fourth day, when he lifted me up, I felt a sense of intimacy returning. This was the man who had given ten years of his life to me. On the fifth and sixth day, I realized that our sense of intimacy was growing again. I didn't tell Jacob about this. It became harder for him to carry me as the month slipped by.

He was choosing what to wear one morning. He tried on quite a few perfumes but could not find a suitable one. Then he sighed, all my shirts have grown bigger. I suddenly realized that he had grown so thin, that was the reason why He could't carry me more easily.
Suddenly it hit me… he had buried so much pain and bitterness in his heart. Subconsciously I reached out and touched his head.
Our daughter came in at the moment and said, Dad, it’s time to carry mom out. To her, seeing his father carrying her mother out had become an essential part of her life. My husband gestured to our daughter to come closer and hugged her tightly. I turned my face away because I was afraid I might change my mind at this last minute. I then held him in my arms, walking from the bedroom, through the sitting room, to the hallway. My hand surrounded his neck softly and naturally. I held his body tightly; it was just like our wedding day.

On the last day, when I held his in my arms I could hardly move a step. Our daughter had gone to school. I held him tightly and said, I hadn't noticed that our life lacked intimacy. I went to my office running out of the bus swiftly. I was afraid any delay would make me change my mind.. I walked upstairs. Jacob opened the door and I said to him, Sorry, Jacob, I do not want the divorce anymore..
He looked at me, astonished, and then touched my forehead. Do you have a fever? He said. I moved his hand off my head. Sorry, Jacob, I said, I won’t divorce. My marriage life was boring probably because he and I didn't value the details of our lives, not because we didn't love each other anymore. Now I realize that since He carried me into my home on our wedding day I am supposed to hold him until death do us apart. Jacob seemed to suddenly wake up. He gave me a loud slap and then slammed the door and went for his work. I walked downstairs and went to the floral shop on the way, I ordered a bouquet of flowers for my husband.

The salesman asked me what to write on the card. I smiled and wrote, I want you to carry me out every morning until death do us apart.
That evening I arrived home, flowers in my hands, a smile on my face, I run up stairs, only to find my husband in the bed - dead. My husband had been fighting CANCER for months and I was so busy with Jacob to even notice. He knew that he would die soon and all he wanted to save me from the whatever negative reaction from our daughter, in case we push through with the divorce. At least, in the eyes of our daughter I’m a loving wife…."

The small details of your lives are what really matter in a relationship.
It is not the mansion, the car, property, the money in the bank, or any other person who comes in your life. These create an environment conducive for happiness but cannot give happiness in themselves.

So find time to be your spouse’s friend and do those little things for each other that build intimacy. If you are not in a relationship now, remember this for the second (or third) time around. It's never too late. Because whatever he did to hurt you or not, he still cares you and he loves you. He belongs to you..

If you don’t share this, nothing will happen to you.

If you do, you just might save a couple.

Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up..
Re: Married Or In A Relationship.. MUST READ THIS.. by Enegod(m): 3:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
old story
Re: Married Or In A Relationship.. MUST READ THIS.. by Excel30: 6:28pm On Jul 03, 2013
All i see is nonchalancy.Non-chalant attitude kills relationship.
Re: Married Or In A Relationship.. MUST READ THIS.. by HURUCHI(m): 7:26pm On Jul 03, 2013
Enegod: old story

it is cold
Re: Married Or In A Relationship.. MUST READ THIS.. by haitto99(m): 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2013
as old as metuselah

(1) (Reply)

Facts About Women In Love / 6 Things Your Guy Doesn’t Want To Hear / FIRST KISS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.