Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University (31694 Views)

Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH / Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA / Nigerian Graduates With First Class From Nottingham Trent University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by ChefMike(m): 8:46am On Jul 04, 2013
Bravo!!!! Victor,FG should invest greatly in him so that he can be of tremendous benefit to this nation.
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by demsid(m): 8:47am On Jul 04, 2013
wish him d v.best in lifewish him d v.best in lifewish him d v.best in life

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by kenny1911: 8:47am On Jul 04, 2013
he is a genius indeed. such rare people should not stop studying in d field of medicine. maybe he is d one that has d answers to some incurable diseases ravaging d world. better still f upcoming ones can benefit from his talent in future by working n researching in d academia
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by gerald09(m): 8:50am On Jul 04, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: I hope he gets a good job. Such a person is supposed to be made a Minister of youths in Nigeria rather than an incompetent fellow.
First of all a politician is suppose to be street smart rather than book smart. Y wuld they make him a minister for youth? Cos he got a 5.0. In medicine sef. People like him will get a great job but they don't know how to create jobs. A good minister shuld be able to do dat.
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by Decryptor(m): 8:56am On Jul 04, 2013
Saint Chukz: I am more interested on how this thread made Frontpage cos i know a similar one (the one on the girl with a 4.0 CGPA in her Msc from US) like this which didn't. Is it that you have to bribe a Mod or what..?
You don't need to bribe anyone. As long as the student's name sounds "yoruba" it will definitely make FP. But if it's Ibo...OYO
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by Hecuine(m): 8:56am On Jul 04, 2013
medicine do not have cgpa, so how come he graduated with a cgpa of 5.0? i beg how come he get am. probably the best student of his peers, but not with a cgpa of 5.0. congrate to him.
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by Lordave: 9:07am On Jul 04, 2013
ShyM-X:

I'll let it slide.

However, I hope the mods can take note cos if and when I retaliate, I don't want people blaming me for being too vicious and abusive.

And is it a crime to be sarcastic on these sides? undecided
I was joking too
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 04, 2013
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 04, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by timecop28: 9:20am On Jul 04, 2013
HotNaijaBabe:

I have visited Cotonou, Togo and Niger a number of times...and Cameroun is close to my Mothers village in Maiduguri...So I am a traveler..I have travelled far and wide! Lmaooooo!
Errrm I believe it is Chad that is close to your mother's village, not Cameroon undecided...
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by ddeola: 9:20am On Jul 04, 2013
Nice one !
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by Shaolinbaba(m): 9:26am On Jul 04, 2013
CGPA or GPA in medical school is limited to basic medical years.The moment you start the clinical years,the GPA is jettisioned.That is why MBBS is not classified.It is either you graduate with pass or pass with distinction.This is what obtainable in Africa & Western Europe.But in Russian,i don't know if theirs is different.But,in all honesty,the guy is a genius.Kudos to him for making Naija proud.
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by adetsim(m): 9:27am On Jul 04, 2013
Uyi Iredia: The thought that he is another possible shining star in the diaspora saddens me. A number of my acquaintances are disenchanted with this country and seek greener pastures abroad, youths who'll lend their energies to other countries instead of home where it is much needed for a better country in an era of globalization. Sighs !

I support your comment to the core. Brain drain is the order of the day in Nigeria without the government worrying about it.
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by omonnakoda: 9:27am On Jul 04, 2013
igboezue: help me ask them o,make i just dey watch
If you do USMLE and want to enter residency programmes they will ask for you medical school transcript which are often in GPA format
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 04, 2013
smiley
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by omonnakoda: 9:38am On Jul 04, 2013
Shaolinbaba: CGPA or GPA in medical school is limited to basic medical years.The moment you start the clinical years,the GPA is jettisioned.That is why MBBS is not classified.It is either you graduate with pass or pass with distinction.This is what obtainable in Africa & Western Europe.But in Russian,i don't know if theirs is different.But,in all honesty,the guy is a genius.Kudos to him for making Naija proud.
It is not totally jettisoned.The records are kept They are available on demand to third parties who may ask in some postgraduate training programmes. If you want to find out your GPA score you can and if you are proud of it you can put it on your CV
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 04, 2013
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by moscobabs(m): 9:50am On Jul 04, 2013
Excellent!!! better than someone who studied CRK and got 4.9 at Covenant University
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by NoQualms1(f): 9:55am On Jul 04, 2013
Decryptor: Thought i was the only one who noticed! Another fake cooked-up lie-lie story.

What is the meaning of this crap? Did you even bother to find out about their grading system? I know the guy personally, fyi, it's not a lie. Useless beef.
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by omonnakoda: 10:04am On Jul 04, 2013
HotNaijaBabe:

Oh! I now understand that although an MBBS certificate has no grade written on it, one can always request for one's CGPA if needed.
Many Nigerian schools only give that info to 3rd parties.If you apply to do some Master's degree prorammes they will give you an envelope to take to your alma mater who will be asked to put it in the envelope and put an official seal on it and hand it to you to post back to them. I learnt some Nigerians somehow compromised this system and now they might send someone to follow you to DHL to pay and post in their presence
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by DanTrizy(m): 10:05am On Jul 04, 2013
alexy147: capital ode.,appreciate good things So that you will attract good things.so because there is no GPA grading in medcine and surgery in nigeria,it will automatically apply to russia or have you or any of your siblings studied in any russian uni b4? Beef
grin grin LWKMD!
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by Tats(m): 10:09am On Jul 04, 2013
I'm aware that Medical colleges in Nigeria don't give GPAs to graduating students, but that doesn't mean that people should just assume its the same for medical graduates of other countries especially ones that they know little about.

In this day and age, it is easy to find out information with some research on the internet. I haven't seen a site that clearly lists the grades for medicine, but from numerous sites I have seen including ones that talk about medicine, it seems to point out that Russia has a 5 Grade system for most courses in universities. The guy could have graduated with a 5 which means Excellent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_grading_in_Russia
http://www.medwonders.com/medblogs/general/why-students-love-to-study-medicine-in-russia--3758.htm
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by timecop28: 10:10am On Jul 04, 2013
HotNaijaBabe:

Lol..okay! Still thinking about this 5.0 CGPA oh! This guy needs National award from FG...I'm sick and tired of seeing some undeserving people getting National awards.
A very good recognition other than a National award is just okay in my opinion..You can't just give the national award to every Tom, Dick and Harry, although such has been the case in Nigeria.
Firstly, He should be fused into the Nation's public health sector especially the research arm. If he can make a groundbreaking discovery in medicine such as a cure for Cancer or another Penicillin-like discovery wink, then we can most definitely recommend a national award grin
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by Decryptor(m): 10:17am On Jul 04, 2013
No Qualms:

What is the meaning of this crap? Did you even bother to find out about their grading system? I know the guy personally, fyi, it's not a lie. Useless beef.
Shaaatap! I investigated it. The Russian Medical Univeristies' Grading System is not in CGPA but "Distinction-Fail"...so it's either the source of this fake-as-a-tale-of-a-golden-geese-egg story are pathetic liars or you who claim to know the guy personally wants some hype. Mtchewwww!
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by Decryptor(m): 10:22am On Jul 04, 2013
Tats: I'm aware that Medical colleges in Nigeria don't give GPAs to graduating students, but that doesn't mean that people should just assume its the same for medical graduates of other countries especially ones that they know little about.

In this day and age, it is easy to find out information with some research on the internet. I haven't seen a site that clearly lists the grades for medicine, but from numerous sites I have seen including ones that talk about medicine, it seems to point out that Russia has a 5 Grade system for most courses in universities. The guy could have graduated with a 5 which means Excellent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_grading_in_Russia
http://www.medwonders.com/medblogs/general/why-students-love-to-study-medicine-in-russia--3758.htm
See what i'm talking about? I wonder which one come be 5.0 CGPA. Because na im papa get Kremlin. Anybody who believes this story can believe anything. No be Ileke-Idi the tribal bigot 1 of Nairaland put am? Always digging for stories to hype her tribe. She put up a picture of someone who is graduating from the University and comes to tell us he's graduating with 5.0 CGPA. The guy could even be a kenyan for all we know.
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 04, 2013
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by obi123: 11:15am On Jul 04, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: I hope he gets a good job. Such a person is supposed to be made a Minister of youths in Nigeria rather than an incompetent fellow.
in an ideal world he would have been scouted by the Nigerian govt ASAP , but NO, they will leave him to carry himself and his brain with all the knowledge in it to another country
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by rezzy: 11:25am On Jul 04, 2013
190: Its no biggie
During my time
I had 490 in Jamb and 19.0 in an american university of yales undecided

You know where airport dey?
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by macklef(m): 11:33am On Jul 04, 2013
Saint Chukz: Cool response here...!

shatap ur mouth jhor, ur just makin noise onhere becos ur fone has internet to use google...
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by Truckpusher(m): 11:45am On Jul 04, 2013
Babe ,you daft no be small sha! grin grin grin....and if my instincts are correct, i can say that you're BEREM...she's is the only dumb girl in NL that wants to look relevant...nice try but no promotion undecided.

And for your type hitting likes for that bullcrap you typed up there,all i can say is "mumu girls una welldone ooooo"

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by gratiaeo(m): 11:57am On Jul 04, 2013
Hope he don't end up like Benjamin Adekunle aka scorpion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Entry Requirements For OAU "Omega Chicks Circle", Ladies-Only Group / Landmark University In Pictures / She Was Expelled After Confessing Of Using Fake O'level Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.