Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? (13245 Views)

The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) / See What A Lady Cooked For Her Man ! / Picture Of Jollof Rice Been Cooked By A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2013
Gari no suger and groundnut,spag and beans b'cos rice was expensive,concotion rice with palm oil
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Sunglow: 6:47am On Jul 16, 2013
[quote
author=pDude]Boiled yam and groundnut oil with a little salt added.

I remember eating this meal with my guy named Dayo and as we ate on
the floor in his room I told him: "Dayo, this is not what our mates in
Yankee are eating o."

He looked at me with a sad and tired look in his eyes and replied,
"Pdude, I know o. But wetin we go do naw?"

I then said a word of prayer, "Abeg, God change our levels and let us
remember today and thank you."

Dayo said, "Amen."

Right now I know where God don place me and me sef no believe say I fit
dey blessed like this. Dayo currently works in Shell Petroleum in Port
Harcourt. He still remembers that day.

God has been faithful. smiley[/quote].Yes he is!smiley
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Sunglow: 6:53am On Jul 16, 2013
[quote
author=lordnammy]In secondary school: garri, water, biscuit milk and
sugar. we have to do this before going for prep by 7 pm so that
before we (me and my cornermates) come back by 10pm we will have
enough rising for the night we called it soak and travel [/quote].Then wen u chop am,omo na serious bellefull man go belleful.skool life na wa!my kids must go 2 boarding sch.o!no agruement 4 d matter
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 05, 2013
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Blezed(f): 8:19pm On Aug 05, 2013
[quote author=blezed). Soup cooked wit powdered pepper and paste tomato wit okro dey chop eba.
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by repogirl(f): 12:32pm On Aug 21, 2013
Ah mehn, rice and garri were usually the last things left....okporoko rice, stockfish, Cray fish, palm oil and anything available will be put inside.

onion sauce also, veg. Oil fried with onions and dry pepper and maggi eaten with rice

once tried tin tomato egg stew, turned out disastrous

and then plain cass flakes (garri) when the going got too tough or just manage with 2 5 naira biscuits with pure water and toothpick.
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Sissie(f): 9:53pm On Aug 23, 2013
Eba and geisha soup.
Eba and kulikuli soup.
Brabisco: garri add small water, Maggie, salt, pepper, grounded kulikuli and Titus sardine, mix together and it's ready.
Soaked indomie: soak indomie in cold water for like 30mins,sieve the water, add the spices and sardines.
Boarding school life. LOL
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 20, 2014
remecy:
Cabin Biscuit soked in milk(bako flakes.
Palm oil rice
mtchew..... U call dis survival food wen u had no money in school? Na money u use buy d milk and biscuit na..... Lemme see you try unripe mango with pepper and sugar(which obviously caused more hunger but we had no choice) or soak Garri with tooth paste or unripe guava with water.... Omo.... In saint john Vianney minor seminary Jos plateau state, there's nothing you wont see.... We even went to the extent of eating lemon that we diced together with the skin and we called it " bread and wine" the unripe mango was called Shangu.... grin grin grin.... That was our level of hunger in my secondary school when we got broke.... We chop nonsence sha..... I remember one time the mango season had just set in, i and my friend wanted to have the biggest unripe mangoes for ourselves to eat and possibly store some till they got ripe so we a large ghana must go bag and stuffed it till it was almost full when a senior student caught us.... Omo it wasnt funny again.... He shared the mangoes equally among us which was about 15 large kerosine mangoes each and forced us to eat atleast upto half saying the first to eat upto 6 will go scot free.... See muching now..... We chop sotey teeth begin shock us.... Will never forget that day..... EVER EVER......grin grin we had to cry for mercy upon noticing hewanted us to eat every single thing..... Another one i wont forget was being forced to finnish half paint bucket of garri with everything to make it a delicacy and our crime was us being caught dodging labour.... At first it was fun and enjoyment for us as our mates envied us but not up to half way there, it was all cries and pleas for forgivness promising never to dodge labour ever again....grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do You Drink Malt Drinks? / How To Cook Dog Meat For Soup(strictly Calabar And Ondo) / Introducing The Nines’ Newest Brand Ambassadors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.