Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede (17796 Views)

7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Alibaba’s Wife Appointed MD Of Enterprise Bank / Intercontinental Becomes A Subsidiary Of Access Bank PLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Emperoh(m): 11:46am On Jul 04, 2013
Jarus:

The banking sector appears locked now, I agree.

Sometimes, when I read those guys stories, I feel like resigning and go float my own outfit, but fear go catch me cheesy

Honestly, something keeps telling me I can operate a successful consultancy, based chei, the risk dey fear me. cheesy A lot of things with this job one does: guaranteed salary, free medical for one and family, bonuses, less stress compared to when the business is yours etc. The stake is just too high.

After my M.Sc, when job search was a pain in the neck, i had thought i could do well as a business person. Ideas flowed in. I actually gave some action to a couple. By the time i was harassed over some regulatory registrations, omo, i feel back in line, dusted my interview skills and went back to job search.

There is one truth and nothing but the truth; if you are not thick skinned and can close your eyes and ears to suffer head, hit the road, you will make it. The idea is to see how much you can make side by side your job. If it's encouraging, then give it reins. Else, sit back there and walk up the ladder. All things being equal, you will be an MD ssomeday and the hassles of starting up something would have been borne by someone else grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by VolvoS60(m): 11:55am On Jul 04, 2013
Jarus: Leaving at 46 after 11.5 years as MD

Bank MD/founder at 34?

Sometimes you wonder how these guys did it?

No be the same work I dey do. cheesy

At 35, many people still banking officer

^^^^Honestly.

No be small thing.
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by ABsI1: 11:55am On Jul 04, 2013
godsboy4eva: Your comment got me thinking again! The other time Elumelu left UBA, he was 47 years of age. He became the CEO of then STB at age 29. I shall break into that circle by the grace of God!
spending ur life @ nairaland wont help u break into dat circle.God doesnt waste His grace.if u r serious bout dat ambition of urs,den learn from their types.

3 Likes

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by McDoe(m): 11:58am On Jul 04, 2013
Oga Wigwe, Pls let the welfare of staff be a major consideration in your new portfolio o. God is with you.

1 Like

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by VolvoS60(m): 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2013
Emperoh:

After my M.Sc, when job search was a pain in the neck, i had thought i could do well as a business person. Ideas flowed in. I actually gave some action to a couple. By the time i was harassed over some regulatory registrations, omo, i feel back in line, dusted my interview skills and went back to job search.

^^^^
Which business area was this? Some business areas in this place have fairly straightfoward procedures while others have nothing more than convoluted, contradictory nonsense. Perhaps we could learn a thing or two from your experience.

1 Like

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by anonimi: 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2013
Jarus:

The banking sector appears locked now, I agree.

Sometimes, when I read those guys stories, I feel like resigning and go float my own outfit, but fear go catch me cheesy

Honestly, something keeps telling me I can operate a successful consultancy, based chei, the risk dey fear me. cheesy A lot of things with this job one does: guaranteed salary, free medical for one and family, bonuses, less stress compared to when the business is yours etc. The stake is just too high.

There you have it-the difference between Excellent and Outstanding.
Let us not forget the role of opportunity.
BTW someone defined luck as Opportunity + Preparation = Luck.
We all have our different paths in life = E ma wo ago alago sise.

Please note that nothing, no sector including banking, is locked. Those who can take the risk will find a way around and create their own opportunity.

3 Likes

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by TS2(m): 12:37pm On Jul 04, 2013
yuzedo: Duh! no suprises cool

Anyway Herbert is my bois. I know all of him and his broda + sistas. congrat my boy i always new u will maked me proud das why i neva gave up on u cos i new one day u gonna be MD. wink

is time to celebrate. my bois are doin well. i will call his bro Don Waggy dis nite tho his in abroad. i will cross d fashala tollgate brige to sellybrate wit dem in lekky face 1 smiley

Nobody asked you undecided
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by TS2(m): 12:40pm On Jul 04, 2013

Bank MD/founder at 34?

When they started there were many small banks. There was room for growth and development. All banks today are big and top heavy. Promotion cannot be as rampant as before
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Rexphobia(m): 1:02pm On Jul 04, 2013

Bank MD/founder at 34?

Na FBN u dy work?
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Jarus(m): 1:11pm On Jul 04, 2013
Rexphobia:

Na FBN u dy work?

Nah, I don't work in a bank.

1 Like

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 04, 2013

Anyway Herbert is my bois. I know all of him and his broda + sistas. congrat my boy i always new u will maked me proud das why i neva gave up on u cos i new one day u gonna be MD. wink

is time to celebrate. my bois are doin well. i will call his bro Don Waggy dis nite tho his in abroad. i will cross d fashala tollgate brige to sellybrate wit dem in lekky face 1 smiley
this bros no go kee me

1 Like

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 04, 2013

Bank MD/founder at 34?

. Right on point my brother.
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by MARKREN: 2:13pm On Jul 04, 2013
He is resigning in preparation to become the next CBN Gov.........................
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Jarus(m): 2:16pm On Jul 04, 2013
T.S:

When they started there were many small banks. There was room for growth and development. All banks today are big and top heavy. Promotion cannot be as rampant as before

The question is: which sector is young and has fertile potential in Nigeria now that one can easily plug into?
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Jarus(m): 2:18pm On Jul 04, 2013

Yuzedo, u don kolo patapata cheesy grin

How your Banana Island mansion dey do nah?

1 Like

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by yuzedo: 2:26pm On Jul 04, 2013
Jarus:

Yuzedo, u don kolo patapata cheesy grin

How your Banana Island mansion dey do nah?
Jarus, bro, respect. How are you chief? Let's play soccer sometime. I bet i could mess you up on the pitch on a good day! grin
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Jarus(m): 2:30pm On Jul 04, 2013
yuzedo:
Jarus, bro, respect. How are you chief? Let's play soccer sometime. I bet i could mess you up on the pitch on a good day! grin

From your Banana Island mansion, just cross Lekki toll-bridge to come meet me at Lekki sports complex (Admiralty) cheesy
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Emperoh(m): 2:41pm On Jul 04, 2013
Jarus:

The question is: which sector is young and has fertile potential in Nigeria now that one can easily plug into?

IT comes to mind. The other is the power sector. . . . .but who has the billion dollar might to play there?
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Jarus(m): 2:50pm On Jul 04, 2013
Emperoh:

IT comes to mind. The other is the power sector. . . . .but who has the billion dollar might to play there?

Yeah, but IT doesnt require much capital, just special skills.

Remember the teenager that sold something to Yahoo!(or was it google) for a fortune recently.

1 Like

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by AZeD1(m): 3:29pm On Jul 04, 2013
Jarus:

Agriculture..
I would have said I.T but starting an I.T company in the hope of making money would lead you no where. You need passion.

1 Like

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Jarus(m): 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2013
A-ZeD:

Agriculture..
I would have said I.T but starting an I.T company in the hope of making money would lead you no where. You need passion.
True.
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by adconline(m): 4:29pm On Jul 04, 2013

Bank MD/founder at 34?

That caught my attention too. Look at all the good schools tHerbert attended.
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by adconline(m): 4:31pm On Jul 04, 2013
Eme9: . Right on point my brother.
OK, cos I heard JEG and his cronies love him!
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Paentera(m): 4:35pm On Jul 04, 2013
Jarus:

Good question.

Here they are:
- eCommerce,
- IT,
- Agriculture (the FG is spending some crazy money in this sector to ensure that credit to Agric rises to 10% of entire credit disbursed in Nigeria by 2016. It was 1.5% in 2009, as at end of last year, it was 3%...).

The choice is yours.
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by adconline(m): 4:37pm On Jul 04, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: Ikwerre anu meka oh! Dieli!! Meka!! Dieli!! Meka!! Dieli!!

Nleri ya nma! Oyoyo!!

Tup! Oooooohhhhh!!!

As one wise Ikwerre man dey read booookoooo so that e go be Access Bank CEO...two unwise ones, Amaechi and Wike dey kill themselves...

Herbert, I love your credentials...

Meanwhile is Herbert the son of Ikechi Henry Wigwe, as in the Rivers NRC Guber aspirant those days?

Good info cos person no dey miss road and find urself on Harvard Campus. It seems he's smart and driven.
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by henrimoto(m): 4:45pm On Jul 04, 2013
AB$I:
spending ur life @ nairaland wont help u break into dat circle.God doesnt waste His grace.if u r serious bout dat ambition of urs,den learn from their types.
b4 nko... likewise, d grace of God doesnt waste! d same grace of God can 'catashoot' him 4rm nobody 2 somebody. u shld ve encouraged him in a beta way...u dont no if it is d time he spends @ nairaland dat will connect him 2 d inspiration dat will aspire him 2 dat great post he desired in life. dont forget, d grace of God abounds....
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by marex: 5:10pm On Jul 04, 2013
Aigboje......carry go, CBN Gov. office awaits you come 2014...... Retardeen GEJ don already approve am. grin grin grin
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Olucheye(m): 5:13pm On Jul 04, 2013
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Jarus(m): 5:18pm On Jul 04, 2013
Olucheye:

PLEASE HELP WITH YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS THREAD.
https://www.nairaland.com/1347481/how-young-successful-nigerian-career

Ok sir.
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 04, 2013

Pally stay off drugs
Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by Afrilogistics: 7:40pm On Jul 04, 2013
If we should trace the venture capitalists that put money in banks like Access, STB, GTB and the likes,it would lead you straight to CORRUPT politicians and retired military men. Go back to how things were in Nigeria when these banks were floated.
I would like to see a young man perform such feat now (2013) in Nigeria. How on earth could Elumelu's STB buy UBA ?.

3 Likes

Re: Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede by cecegorz(m): 7:48pm On Jul 04, 2013

Bank MD/founder at 34?

Someone described success as when preparation meets with opportunity.
These guys and their generation of young Bank Entrepreneurs with courage and strong vision; Jim, fola, Tony, Peterside etc where fortunate to be around during the IBB era liberalization of banking license, with the requisite skills and mindset, coupled with the trust of some well heeled men of those days, they blazed the trail in their early 30s.
Just like industrialization, everything has it's era. The much you can do in banking these days as a high flyer is to hit GM @30 if you are well networked. You can't even think of a bank as a start-up today. Where do you enter from? N25b?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Global Scam Called Omegapro / NNPC Mega Stations ‘begin’ 24-hour Petrol Sale / First Bank Allegedly Forges Documents Against Whiteplains British School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.