Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,378 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (685651 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by sarilo4lif: 1:32pm On Sep 13, 2015
honey86:

Healthcare is not free per Se. It's made possible from the high tax. So indirectly you pay for it.

True u pay for the high tax but when it's most needed n at the critical stage u get it for free kiss and the free education? At this life and time that even crèche goes for 250k per term. It's still a good buy anyday

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
sarilo4lif:

True u pay for the high tax but when it's most needed n at the critical stage u get it for free kiss and the free education? At this life and time that even crèche goes for 250k per term. It's still a good buy anyday
Agreed but creche is not free o. You pay for daycare and then preschool. It's only free from kindergarten to grade 12. My son goes to daycare and we pay $30 per day. Some private ones go as high as $60 per day.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by sarilo4lif: 9:27pm On Sep 13, 2015
honey86:

Agreed but creche is not free o. You pay for daycare and then preschool. It's only free from kindergarten to grade 12. My son goes to daycare and we pay $30 per day. Some private ones go as high as $60 per day.

shocked shocked @30$ per day? Me I have plans of baby sitting for 2-3yrs b4 they go to Sch tho

Nyways....The amount( 250k for crèche) I'm talking about is Nigerian system relating the cost u start with from crèche till u get a good primary Sch ... D likes of chrisland that goes for 500 per term, n secondary .... Them university without scholarship coverage in Naija.
Basically we r protecting their future with Gods will for the better life and better health care

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
sarilo4lif:

shocked shocked @30$ per day? Me I have plans of baby sitting for 2-3yrs b4 they go to Sch tho

Nyways....The amount( 250k for crèche) I'm talking about is Nigerian system relating the cost u start with from crèche till u get a good primary Sch ... D likes of chrisland that goes for 500 per term, n secondary .... Them university without scholarship coverage in Naija.
Basically we r protecting their future with Gods will for the better life and better health care
It's true sha. It's best to have some form of insurance for their future.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 14, 2015
Hotstepper:
Once the baby is born and before leaving hospital, a temporary health card will be issued to the baby and the card will be sent to the address u give them . So with the temporary card, any baby visit to the doctor , pediatrician is FREE cuz the baby's health card covers it, even for immunization

Thanks Hotstepper.

@catalano; why was your post hidden? Can you try re-posting?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 14, 2015
honey86:
Healthcare is not free per Se. It's made possible from the high tax. So indirectly you pay for it.

True that.

Then again, US citizens pay such tax too and not entitled to 'free' healthcare.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 14, 2015
honey86:

No government subsidized daycare? Do you get some sort of refund at the end of the financial year?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 14, 2015
Phema:

No government subsidized daycare? Do you get some sort of refund at the end of the financial year?
Government daycare is the $30. By the time they are two it reduces to $22. There is government subsidy for low income earners but I don't qualify cos of the family income. There are home daycare a that charge between 20-35 but I prefer a daycare centre. Yes there is a tax refund but it's not much. You only get back max of the tax you pay.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 14, 2015
Phema:

True that.

Then again, US citizens pay such tax too and not entitled to 'free' healthcare.
Really?. I was not aware they pay so much. After paying income tax we pay gst 5% and pst 8% in manitoba. Some provinces don't pay as much though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 14, 2015
honey86:

Government daycare is the $30. By the time they are two it reduces to $22. There is government subsidy for low income earners but I don't qualify cos of the family income. There are home daycare a that charge between 20-35 but I prefer a daycare centre. Yes there is a tax refund but it's not much. You only get back max of the tax you pay.

Not so bad. I guess everything kinda balances out eventually.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 14, 2015
honey86:

Really?. I was not aware they pay so much. After paying income tax we pay gst 5% and pst 8% in manitoba. Some provinces don't pay as much though.

I honestly don't mind paying taxes. As long as I can clearly see that they are put to good use.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by reachyetty: 10:05pm On Sep 15, 2015
Hi everyone. Please who knows the kind of lab tests that I can do from Nigeria that is acceptable in Canada? I hear their tests are kinda expensive and that alone can make the total medical bill run high even for a normal delivery.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Razi555: 12:44pm On Sep 17, 2015
Citizen by birth on Canadian soil [paragraph 3(1)(a)]

Citizen’s date of birth: on or after February 15, 1977

Paragraph 3(1)(a) sets out that a person is a Canadian citizen if that person is born in Canada. In most cases, a person born in Canada is automatically a Canadian citizen at birth.

Refer to subsection 3(2) for the exception of citizenship by birth on Canadian soil.

Exception to birth on Canadian soil [subsection 3(2)] :

Pursuant to subsection 3(2), despite being born in Canada, a person is not a Canadian citizen if, at the time of their birth, neither one of their parents was a citizen or lawfully admitted to Canada for permanent residence and either of that person’s parents was
•a diplomat or a consular officer of a foreign government (or an employee in the service of these persons);
•an employee or another representative of a foreign government (or an employee in the service of these persons);
•an officer or an employee of a specialized agency of the United Nations; or
•an officer or an employee of any other international organization with diplomatic privileges and immunities..

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bbaby84(f): 9:57pm On Sep 17, 2015
Razi555:
Citizen by birth on Canadian soil [paragraph 3(1)(a)]

Citizen’s date of birth: on or after February 15, 1977

Paragraph 3(1)(a) sets out that a person is a Canadian citizen if that person is born in Canada. In most cases, a person born in Canada is automatically a Canadian citizen at birth.

Refer to subsection 3(2) for the exception of citizenship by birth on Canadian soil.

Exception to birth on Canadian soil [subsection 3(2)] :

Pursuant to subsection 3(2), despite being born in Canada, a person is not a Canadian citizen if, at the time of their birth, neither one of their parents was a citizen or lawfully admitted to Canada for permanent residence and either of that person’s parents was
•a diplomat or a consular officer of a foreign government (or an employee in the service of these persons);
•an employee or another representative of a foreign government (or an employee in the service of these persons);
•an officer or an employee of a specialized agency of the United Nations; or
•an officer or an employee of any other international organization with diplomatic privileges and immunities..

Meaning?

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Razi555: 12:07am On Sep 18, 2015
If you 're not a permanent resident in canad ,they don't give a Citizen ship for your babay
it's since june 11 th
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 2:38am On Sep 18, 2015
Razi555:
If you 're not a permanent resident in canad ,they don't give a Citizen ship for your babay
it's since june 11 th
Can you quote your source?. I don't believe this is true

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 8:01pm On Sep 18, 2015
Pure lie! Any baby born on Canadian soil is a citizen by birth whether u r here on a visit, student etc

Razi555:
it's since june 11 th

8 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by chizzybaby247: 10:57am On Sep 22, 2015
@hotstepper, am back again, still waiting for my TRV to approved in 2 weeks time hopefully. i applied on 26th Aug , but am quite close at 33 weeks preggy already, am a bit nervous. please how possible will it be for me to travel by say 36 weeks? what problems am i likely to encounter at POE there? do i need to send them any mail to tell them my intention of going? do i need to have a doctor's appointment letter with me?

cheers
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ansol: 12:43pm On Sep 24, 2015
@Nita2013, does one need to submit the passports throughout the 54 working dahs period? The issue is we plan to submiy our application by end of Sept. But we also have us visa interview by Oct 29. So how best do you advise we handle this.

everyone i covet your advise pls.

quote author=Nita2013 post=37696428]My dear I m putting myself together but hopefully end of this month. I don fill all d forms already sef. This their 54 working days thing just tire me joor. What if I need to travel ASAP I ll now request for my pp

[/quote]

ghhhhh
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nita2013: 10:59pm On Sep 24, 2015
in d form, there is a part where they ll ask if u plan to travel to another country apart from canada in d next 3 months. Fill yes so that u can request for ur passport while ur application will still be ongoing. Then when they r done and ready to approve ur visa, u can go resubmit ur pp.

ansol:
@Nita2013, does one need to submit the passports throughout the 54 working dahs period? The issue is we plan to submiy our application by end of Sept. But we also have us visa interview by Oct 29. So how best do you advise we handle this.

everyone i covet your advise pls.

quote author=Nita2013 post=37696428]My dear I m putting myself together but hopefully end of this month. I don fill all d forms already sef. This their 54 working days thing just tire me joor. What if I need to travel ASAP I ll now request for my pp

ghhhhh
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by tariy: 11:21pm On Sep 25, 2015
Hello house am new here and pls anybody recently submitted application to canada
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Oteleye(f): 9:38am On Sep 26, 2015
Hello house, am new here, pls how do I apply for a canada visa
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by larrytoks: 1:54pm On Oct 03, 2015
Hello peeps. This is a great thread, let's keep it alive.
Pls I need advice on the following
If for instance my EDD is in May and I want to have my baby in Canada, when should I start my visa application?
Can anyone suggest affordable hospitals in Canada that I can have my baby?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by customised87: 1:18pm On Oct 06, 2015
Phema:

Hopefully, you will get your visa. You might want to ask your family to look around for an affordable hospital and Doctor like Hotstepper advised.

Please, don't forget to update us here. smiley

Hi Phema, did u contact the Dr whose contact was posted earlier? Any feedbacks? Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 06, 2015
customised87:
Hi Phema, did u contact the Dr whose contact was posted earlier? Any feedbacks? Thanks

No dear, i didn't. Not ready yet.

Just looked her up and she's got very bad reviews. Hmmn. . .
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Adiahabasi: 1:22pm On Oct 07, 2015
Phema and customized87! Una don reach here!Ok o...just passing by...
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nita2013: 3:02pm On Oct 07, 2015
Babes I just sent u PM.

Phema:

No dear, i didn't. Not ready yet.

Just looked her up and she's got very bad reviews. Hmmn. . .
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2015
Nita2013:
Babes I just sent u PM.

Replied.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2015
Adiahabasi:
Phema and customized87! Una don reach here!Ok o...just passing by...

We don reach ooo. Wetin you sef come do for here? grin

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ansol: 8:48am On Oct 08, 2015
Nita2013:
in d form, there is a part where they ll ask if u plan to travel to another country apart from canada in d next 3 months. Fill yes so that u can request for ur passport while ur application will still be ongoing. Then when they r done and ready to approve ur visa, u can go resubmit ur pp.

@Nita2013, thanks a lot

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (167) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.