Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,221 members, 7,811,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (683117 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mrsoje(f): 3:16pm On Oct 14, 2015
this thread must not die

ansol:

@Nita2013, thanks a lot

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mamaonos: 7:04pm On Oct 19, 2015
dear Gus

you guys are awesome..i have long waited for this topic to commence and am glad it finaly did

I will be due say next year. I need help with basis info like names of hospital,doc,anyone in the house who can accomocate a sis or a cheap accommodation.

also info regarding visa.
@hot stepper @phema @neta please help a sis here.

thaanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by nyabingi(m): 7:25pm On Oct 20, 2015
please I a good info on how to go about the Canadian express visa program, a friend hinted about it but I'm still not clear help pls!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Lotalways: 8:29pm On Oct 20, 2015
nyabingi:
please I a good info on how to go about the Canadian express visa program, a friend hinted about it but I'm still not clear help pls!
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/13
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Mumof2boys(f): 9:03am On Oct 23, 2015
mrsoje:
this thread must not die

I think its in a comatose state!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mamaonos: 1:54pm On Oct 27, 2015
Hi. I ve just called Dr ayodele n he told me that if u apply for d visa on the basis of going to have ur baby in Canada dat you will b rejected n dey do not assit with visa procedings..now if one applies as a tourist n u re given. Wen one is due n den travels op issues will not arise.

Also Le me knoew wat is required to process d visa as a tourist
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by hermosa(f): 6:38pm On Oct 29, 2015
@hotstepper, hello
i really appreciate all the help you are rendering people who want to have their babies in Toronto. I also want to have my baby in Toronto. my husband and I will be visiting Toronto this December to look for OB/GYNs and also check out affordable clinics/hospitals, then I'll return again but solo in February.
I have an aunt i'll b staying with while pregnant and for delivery. she lives in Pickering, Ontario.
Do you know the process for antenatal? the fees per visit? and any affordable clinics/hospitals in Pickering?
also could you please contact me at marietta dot okoedion at gmail dot com? thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 11:09pm On Oct 29, 2015
All these questions can be answered by your aunt. Talk to her . There's no antenatal. The dr will tell you when you will come and see him or her depending on how far you have gone in your pregnancy and each Dr fee differs. In.Canada. the GYN you will use, u will also use the person's hospital. So you cannot use a GYN and want to give birth in a different hospital plus you give birth to the hospital.closest to you.

[q1uote author=hermosa post=39493123]@hotstepper, hello
i really appreciate all the help you are rendering people who want to have their babies in Toronto. I also want to have my baby in Toronto. my husband and I will be visiting Toronto this December to look for OB/GYNs and also check out affordable clinics/hospitals, then I'll return again but solo in February.
I have an aunt i'll b staying with while pregnant and for delivery. she lives in Pickering, Ontario.
Do you know the process for antenatal? the fees per visit? and any affordable clinics/hospitals in Pickering?
also could you please contact me at marietta dot okoedion at gmail dot com? thank you.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by tunde567: 11:46am On Oct 31, 2015
Can somebody just post the name of a doctor or hospital or something that one can consult?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by britiko: 1:09pm On Oct 31, 2015
nyabingi:

this link will help you
read through
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by britiko: 1:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
tunde567:
Can somebody just post the name of a doctor or hospital or something that one can consult?

it goes beyond posting names of hospitals.
u need someone on ground who can introduce you
to their family doc and in turn recommends a gynecologist to you and so on

you need to be in canada for consultation.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by bbaby84(f): 9:04pm On Nov 01, 2015
britiko:

it goes beyond posting names of hospitals.
u need someone on ground who can introduce you
to their family doc and in turn recommends a gynecologist to you and so on

you need to be in canada for consultation.

I thought so too. Canada practise GP route just like UK.It's not like the US where they've made it easy to contact the doctor's office. I plan to do some research when we go next summer.
Fingers crossed.

@nita how far any news?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by osakajapan: 8:46am On Nov 07, 2015
my people in the house .i'm from naija but my wife is japanese and she is pregnant , and japan is visa free to canada . if i apply for her to study 3months english course with health insurance ...will the insurance cover the maternity bills once she give birth?.. pls i really need help
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 11:26am On Nov 08, 2015
Yes it will cover it as long as it's part of her school fees

osakajapan:
my people in the house .i'm from naija but my wife is japanese and she is pregnant , and japan is visa free to canada . if i apply for her to study 3months english course with health insurance ...will the insurance cover the maternity bills once she give birth?.. pls i really need help
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by hesvey: 7:42pm On Nov 09, 2015
Hello House,

Good advice throughout.

I hope what I am about to ask is not what has been asked before and if it has, I apologize for bringing you back.

I recently(September 2015) applied for the Canadian Express Entry(Federal Skilled Workers Class), I met the criteria, joined the job bank and still searching for a job(if I get a job I will be called for an interview and maybe granted the permit). But for now I am pregnant and want to give birth in Canada-May 2016 (to be precise Alberta and Vaughan because that is where I have people I know). Can you please advise me on how to go about this.

I hope I was able to pass across my issue properly.

Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by shinebabe(f): 2:29pm On Nov 13, 2015
hesvey:
Hello House,

Good advice throughout.

I hope what I am about to ask is not what has been asked before and if it has, I apologize for bringing you back.

I recently(September 2015) applied for the Canadian Express Entry(Federal Skilled Workers Class), I met the criteria, joined the job bank and still searching for a job(if I get a job I will be called for an interview and maybe granted the permit). But for now I am pregnant and want to give birth in Canada-May 2016 (to be precise Alberta and Vaughan because that is where I have people I know). Can you please advise me on how to go about this.

Thank you

Someone should respond to this Biko
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 24, 2015
Nita2013, how body? How far your application? Decision made yet?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:38am On Nov 25, 2015
Then apply for visa na

shinebabe:

Someone should respond to this Biko
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Lotalways: 9:31pm On Nov 25, 2015
@Hotstepper pls I sent you an email.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Top9jajamz: 8:13am On Nov 26, 2015
Hello house,
I've got a peculiar case that I don't believe has been dealt with on this thread.
I'm recently married and my wife is 3 months preg.
my elderly cousin who is a citizen in Canada has agreed to host my wife over in Canada for birth tourism purpose. here are my issues.

1. My cousin is female and married for over 27yrs hence no longer shares same surname as I do so it's difficult to prove close family ties to me or to my wife if she eventually decides to use my surname.

2. My wife has previous travel history to Dubai as a spinster.I think that'll be an advantage however I'm made to understand that if she does change of name on passport, she'll be issued a new passport resulting to loss of previous travel history.
Can we apply for the visa using the old passport with her maiden name but still attach marriage certificate and other proofs of marriage to show strong ties to Nigeria.

3.what's the best application to fill for birth tourism.
Visiting visa application or Tourism visa

4. How much minimum is advice able to be in account as at the time of printing bank statement.Also hope lump sum payments will not be frowned at like the UK does?

Hotstepper and other enlightened members.kindly treat.
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Top9jajamz: 8:12pm On Nov 27, 2015
Hello house,kindly help me with my earlier enquiry.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by firsttymum(f): 2:54pm On Nov 29, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:56am On Nov 30, 2015
Your case really peculiar as you said smiley

1. Is your cousin going to be sending an IV to ur wife? If yes , it doesn't matter if you don't bear the same name. If she wants to be specific, she can put her married name then née ( her father's name).

2. Let her keep her own passport and attach marriage certificate and when visa is granted, she should make sure she travels along with the marriage certificate cuz she will be asked

3. You can use anyone just make sure you r truthful on your application.

4. Have enough that will cover her medical expenses

Top9jajamz:
Hello house,
I've got a peculiar case that I don't believe has been dealt with on this thread.
I'm recently married and my wife is 3 months preg.
my elderly cousin who is a citizen in Canada has agreed to host my wife over in Canada for birth tourism purpose. here are my issues.

1. My cousin is female and married for over 27yrs hence no longer shares same surname as I do so it's difficult to prove close family ties to me or to my wife if she eventually decides to use my surname.

2. My wife has previous travel history to Dubai as a spinster.I think that'll be an advantage however I'm made to understand that if she does change of name on passport, she'll be issued a new passport resulting to loss of previous travel history.
Can we apply for the visa using the old passport with her maiden name but still attach marriage certificate and other proofs of marriage to show strong ties to Nigeria.

3.what's the best application to fill for birth tourism.
Visiting visa application or Tourism visa

4. How much minimum is advice able to be in account as at the time of printing bank statement.Also hope lump sum payments will not be frowned at like the UK does?

Hotstepper and other enlightened members.kindly treat.
Thanks in advance

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:57am On Nov 30, 2015
Very simple. Just apply for a visa

hesvey:
Hello House,
Good advice throughout.

Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Top9jajamz: 7:04am On Nov 30, 2015
God bless you woman!
Hotstepper:

1. Is your cousin going to be sending an IV to ur wife? If yes , it doesn't matter if you don't bear the same name. If she wants to be specific, she can put her married name then née ( her father's name).

2. Let her keep her own passport and attach marriage certificate and when visa is granted, she should make sure she travels along with the marriage certificate cuz she will be asked

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Top9jajamz: 7:04am On Dec 03, 2015
Hotstepper:

Hello House,
Please i have some questions that i need clear guidance on.

Here's the background case.I am trying to apply for Visitor visit visa for my wife.My cousin who is a PR in canada is inviting my wife over for birth tourism purpose.I will not be following her to Canada. She's 4 months pregnant and would love to deliver in Canada.She recently stopped working as she completed her NYSC as a medical officer in October 2015.

Here are the grey arears i need to clear.

1.Filling the TRV forms

a)Relationship of applicant to the invitee:can she write Husband's cousin?
b)Duration of stay:Can i just indicate two weeks (mid feb 2016-end 0f feb 2016) with return tickets procured at the POE but stay for 2 to 3 months until after the delivery still within the validity of the Visa.Reason she's planning to indicate two weeks on the form is because of available cash (approx 4000CAD) even though accommodation and feeding will be taken care of by My cousin.
c)Her account is recently depleted as well as mine because we recently got married(October 31st 2015) but i am getting some monies from people I loaned money to as well as my wife's brother planning to give her some money....How do I go about presenting this sudden funds to avoid flagging the Money lodgement signal.Both accounts have been active for the past six months with about 100K coming into wife's account monthly and about 200K into mine monthly but most have been spent on the wedding and i'm trying to raise about 1mil before applying this december i.e about 500K into my account and 500K into her account prior to application...is this advisable or i should just apply stating the the TRV form that 4000CAD is available for the trip even if the bank statement does not reflect upto half this amount as at the time of application but the statement indicate money coming in and going out?

d) can I use my wife's sister in law(My wife's brother's wife) as sponsor who is a business woman with good bank account statement in addition to the husband's SOA as well as the applicant's too ?

e) if yes to d,can I add her to the family information form even though she is not a direct brother or sister to the applicant but a sister inlaw?

Experts Kindly weight in on this.

Thank you for your time in advance.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by blaqq: 6:37pm On Dec 15, 2015
Good day house.. please i need help.
I am expecting my ppr for permanent residence visa. Am not sure when it will come.
I am pregnant at the moment and will be due next year june.
I intend travelling next year may if PR is granted by God's grace.
I would like to know if i would be allowed to travel with pregnancy at 7-8 months?
Secondly,as a PR, will i pay for delivery medical bills?
Also from what month does airlines reject pregnant women.

I would have love to give birth to my baby in nigeria because of the my medical history when i had my first baby but the PR Visa is valid for 1 yr and i did medicals late August 2015. Visa will expire next yr july. Pls help.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:22am On Dec 16, 2015
Most airline won't take you if you are more than 36 weeks so confirm from.the airline and make sure u have fit to.fly letter from ur doctor with u.

As a PR holder, giving birth is free

blaqq:
Good day house.. please i need help.
I am expecting my ppr for permanent residence visa. Am not sure when it will come.
I am pregnant at the moment and will be due next year june.
I intend travelling next year may if PR is granted by God's grace.
I would like to know if i would be allowed to travel with pregnancy at 7-8 months?
Secondly,as a PR, will i pay for delivery medical bills?
Also from what month does airlines reject pregnant women.

I would have love to give birth to my baby in nigeria because of the my medical history when i had my first baby but the PR Visa is valid for 1 yr and i did medicals late August 2015. Visa will expire next yr july. Pls help.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by britiko: 7:02am On Dec 17, 2015
Hello house, some few weeks back I met with a preggy who was denied entry into canada. Reason for denial was that she never declared her intent of having her baby in canada when she applied for her visa.

My question is this;
Is there any where on the canadian visa application form where applicants are asked if they are pregnant?

Secondly, a friend of mine is presently a few weeks pregnant and intends delivering d baby in Canada. Is she meant to accompany her application with a letter of intent declaring her motives from the onset of her application? Pls I need clarifications.

Thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Marttypee(f): 2:57pm On Dec 17, 2015
hello people,
Am new here and I just bumped into this thread ... Please I will like to contact @hotstepper please can you kindly drop your email addy? As I have a lot to ask about birthing in Toronto . Any form of help will be very much appreciated . Merry Christmas in advance people and have a great day. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.