Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (684377 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by iphiechuks: 4:32pm On Jan 24, 2017
Dear all, do we have any December application dat has gotten response from Canadian embassy? Pls share ur experience.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by pretty199: 8:27pm On Jan 24, 2017
Virt, thanks. I was asking if you mentioned Hospitals you plan to visit in the section "Details of your visit to Canada"

As I see from your answer quoted below you have some medical reasons (maybe complications) to give birth abroad and not in Naija.

Virt:
My "purpose of travel" letter had a lot of personal details, but there is a guide on what should be on the letter on the CIC website. The following points can also help though:

Some where in the letter I stated that I would be having my baby there and then included my personal medical story which is why i want to have the baby in Canada. - (details cannot be stated here) and I also included a medical report from my hospital. (Like I said, this is not a standard requirement)

EVERYTHING I SAID WAS TRUE and I provided documentary evidence for all my claims where necessary. I guess my purpose of travel was persuasive, so try and make yours persuasive but not beggary.

I hope this helps.

as I read in an article about the US birth giving visa, it will be provided in case quote "the applicant must to show proof of your need for medical attention in the US such as your pregnancy is a high risk pregnancy and that the treatment you seek isn’t available in Nigeria and it is for a condition for which medical facilities in the US hold out some hope of cure Of course you’ll need documentations including A diagnosis from a doctor about your medical condition, a letter from a doctor or hospital in the United States stating specific information including estimate of the costs of the treatment, including doctor's fees, costs of hospitalization and other medical expenses and, Estimate of length of treatment and you do know that you’ll need proof that you (or your sponsor) have sufficient funds to pay your travel and medical expenses in the United States, right?"

If there is no medical reasons, I assume the VO may refuse to grant visa for the giving birth purposes.

Did you mention giving birth as a main reason of your visit to Canada? or did you indicate it as an additional to your visit of friends/family?

thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Virt: 8:32am On Jan 25, 2017
Hello dear,

I had no letter from any Canadian Doctor on cost or fees or anything as they would only discuss with you when you arrive Canada. I only had a medical report from my Nigerian Hospital where I had my previous babies.

I stated that I am going on vacation and also mentioned tourist places I would visit, I then added that I will be having my baby during my stay in Canada as well. I then gave reasons for my intention to birth there and stated how much I have to cover my medical expenses etc.

The rest of the story is like I have previously stated in my earlier posts.

I hope this helps.

Please is there no current news on those who have birthed of recent. Please we need to be updated on recent costs, medical fees etc.

Thanks all.

pretty199:
Virt, thanks. I was asking if you mentioned Hospitals you plan to visit in the section "Details of your visit to Canada"

As I see from your answer quoted below you have some medical reasons (maybe complications) to give birth abroad and not in Naija.

as I read in an article about the US birth giving visa, it will be provided in case quote "the applicant must to show proof of your need for medical attention in the US such as your pregnancy is a high risk pregnancy and that the treatment you seek isn’t available in Nigeria and it is for a condition for which medical facilities in the US hold out some hope of cure Of course you’ll need documentations including A diagnosis from a doctor about your medical condition, a letter from a doctor or hospital in the United States stating specific information including estimate of the costs of the treatment, including doctor's fees, costs of hospitalization and other medical expenses and, Estimate of length of treatment and you do know that you’ll need proof that you (or your sponsor) have sufficient funds to pay your travel and medical expenses in the United States, right?"

If there is no medical reasons, I assume the VO may refuse to grant visa for the giving birth purposes.

Did you mention giving birth as a main reason of your visit to Canada? or did you indicate it as an additional to your visit of friends/family?

thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by iphiechuks: 5:07pm On Jan 25, 2017
Got rejected today. Applied with hubby. Stated dat I was going for birthing. Had 5mil FD. My us visa will expire next month. Applied 20th Dec, got rejected today.

Both of us work in d bank. Have previously travelled to Dubai, SA n US.

Reasons for rejection.
Insufficient funds
Travel history
No assets back home. Gave our land and house papers.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by pretty199: 6:43pm On Jan 25, 2017
Hi. i am so sorry about your refusal. I believe the main reason is insufficient funds since you were planning to spend about all money

hope you pregnancy will go well anyway.

Bleep

iphiechuks:
Got rejected today. Applied with hubby. Stated dat I was going for birthing. Had 5mil FD. My us visa will expire next month. Applied 20th Dec, got rejected today.

Reasons for rejection.
Insufficient funds
Travel history

Virt,
Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by pretty199: 6:45pm On Jan 25, 2017
If you could share how much funds you shown to the VO so we could have estimate. please.

now we know that 5mln is not enough.

Virt:
Hello dear,

I stated that I am going on vacation and also mentioned tourist places I would visit, I then added that I will be having my baby during my stay in Canada as well. I then gave reasons for my intention to birth there and stated how much I have to cover my medical expenses etc.

I hope this helps.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Virt: 9:14am On Jan 26, 2017
Sorry to hear!

I guess the main issue is the insufficient funds. i hope your proposed length of stay in Canada was not too long, cos 5m may be insufficient to cover both yourself and hubby, medical expenses, accommodation (if booking hotel) etc. I think the growing forex rate against Naira is not helping matters.

I applied alone, not with hubby. My hubby and kids at home were my major home ties since they were not coming with me, and i had title deeds of landed properties as well.

I will be staying with a friend (and had a letter of invitation), so accommodation and possibly transportation cost were out of the question. My stated funds was basically for birthing (medical expenses)! 5m will barely cover the expenses if you consider the current parallel market rate.

If it is not late, you could apply again with more funds and more evidence of home ties. My travel history is similar to yours, so i don't know why that should be an issue.

iphiechuks:

Reasons for rejection.
Insufficient funds
Travel history
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Virt: 9:16am On Jan 26, 2017
Please check my earlier post, it was stated there.

pretty199:
If you could share how much funds you shown to the VO so we could have estimate. please.

now we know that 5mln is not enough.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by pretty199: 4:41pm On Jan 26, 2017
Virt,
thanks. Have you or your friend arranged for a doctor or hospital already? when are you flying there, i am planning in March, no visa yet though

Virt:
Please check my earlier post, it was stated there.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by AbjMotorPalace: 7:24pm On Jan 26, 2017
hmmm.... good day to all the gurus in the house, after 1 week I have finally finished reading page 0-42.

I'm 17 months pregnant and about applying for the Canadian TRV.

The thing now is my husband is a Canadian citizen but is based in Nigeria.

I don't have a travel history and I want to travel with my son who is 1yr and 3months old.

If I indicate my husband is a Canadian citizen will it reduce my chances of getting a TRV visa?

For those of you who were successfully issued visa, how long did you indicate you will be staying in your application?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by pretty199: 10:29am On Jan 27, 2017
AbjMotorPalace:
hmmm.... good day to all the gurus in the house, after 1 week I have finally finished reading page 0-42.

For those of you who were successfully issued visa, how long did you indicate you will be staying in your application?

good question! please let us know
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Masodi: 4:49pm On Jan 27, 2017
Smithnow:

Still looking for doc and hospital toronto will be better.

Hi, I am also planning to deliver my baby this comming July, di u get any Doctor details and hospital details?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by iphiechuks: 5:32pm On Jan 29, 2017
@virt, how long did u state dat u will be staying in. Canada?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Virt: 9:21am On Jan 30, 2017
Six weeks.

iphiechuks:
@virt, how long did u state dat u will be staying in. Canada?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Virt: 9:27am On Jan 30, 2017
Hi dear,

I have not arranged with a doctor yet, as they wont give me appointment until I am in Canada. I have given my friend one of the numbers of the doctors posted on this forum for her to call and see if she can book the appointment and also find out what their current fees are.

I'll let update you guys when I arrive Canada and sort out the Dr. and hospital stuff. I'm trusting God for everything to go smoothly.

pretty199:
Virt,
thanks. Have you or your friend arranged for a doctor or hospital already? when are you flying there, i am planning in March, no visa yet though

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by doted: 11:34am On Jan 30, 2017
Good Day All,

I need your advice please.

My sister applied for a visiting visa to canada last year October, with the hope to travel early to give birth. she has just been granted the Visa and she is is 33weeks pregnant,the tummy is very visible.

I will appreciate any advice we can get on the best POE into Canada. she is going to stay with another sibling in Ontario. Since the Visa she has is for visit, what can she do to avoid being turned back at the POE?

Also, what's the best airline to fly from Nigeria? we currently have to decide between Luftansa & KLM, which will both stopover at Amsterdam. Has anyone gone through a similar route without issues?

thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Godiloveu(f): 12:09pm On Jan 30, 2017
ehn ehn so giving birth in Canada also give automatic citizenship wow dats great o I Neva heard of it o
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Fiwajoluwa(f): 12:25pm On Jan 30, 2017
If your husband is not paying any tax or working, its of no use declaring him. You need someone who lives and work in canada paying tax that can afford to host you so you dont become a liability to them during and after your pregnancy and taking your 1year own son is another hindrance or do you have plans to work and fend for both of you or your bank funds can cover all these expenses .

[/quote author=AbjMotorPalace post=53156529]hmmm.... good day to all the gurus in the house, after 1 week I have finally finished reading page 0-42.

I don't have a travel history and I want to travel with my son who is 1yr and 3months old.

If I indicate my husband is a Canadian citizen will it reduce my chances of getting a TRV visa?

[/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Fiwajoluwa(f): 12:28pm On Jan 30, 2017
Fiwajoluwa:
If your husband is not paying any tax or working, its of no use declaring him. You need someone who lives and work in canada paying tax that can afford to host you so you dont become a liability to them during and after your pregnancy and taking your 1year own son is another hindrance or do you have plans to work and fend for both of you or your bank funds can cover all these expenses .

[/quote author=AbjMotorPalace post=53156529]hmmm.... good day to all the gurus in the house, after 1 week I have finally finished reading page 0-42.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by chibertha(f): 4:37pm On Jan 30, 2017
Travel history excuse is just to give the document belle.
Reapply again and ensure there is enough traffic in the account you will use
Virt:
Sorry to hear!

I guess the main issue is the insufficient funds. i hope your proposed length of stay in Canada was not too long, cos 5m may be insufficient to cover both yourself and hubby, medical expenses, accommodation (if booking hotel) etc. I think the growing forex rate against Naira is not helping matters.

I applied alone, not with hubby. My hubby and kids at home were my major home ties since they were not coming with me, and i had title deeds of landed properties as well.

I will be staying with a friend (and had a letter of invitation), so accommodation and possibly transportation cost were out of the question. My stated funds was basically for birthing (medical expenses)! 5m will barely cover the expenses if you consider the current parallel market rate.

If it is not late, you could apply again with more funds and more evidence of home ties. My travel history is similar to yours, so i don't know why that should be an issue.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by chibertha(f): 4:45pm On Jan 30, 2017
I believe your husbands status will even increase your chances of TEV after all even if you don't go there to put to birth your kids are still citizens if your husband was born there or aquired citizenship by naturalization before they were born see

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/rules/index.asp
[post=53156529]hmmm.... good day to all the gurus in the house, after 1 week I have finally finished reading page 0-42.

[/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by chibertha(f): 4:47pm On Jan 30, 2017
I believe your husbands status will even increase your chances of TRV after all even if you don't go there to put to birth your kids are still citizens if your husband was born there or aquired citizenship by naturalization before they were born see

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/rules/index.as

AbjMotorPalace:

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by chibertha(f): 4:55pm On Jan 30, 2017
Yes there only about 12 countries in the world with birth right citizenship the top on the list are USA ,Canada and Ireland.

Godiloveu:
ehn ehn so giving birth in Canada also give automatic citizenship wow dats great o I Neva heard of it o
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by pretty199: 6:58pm On Jan 30, 2017
Virt:

Six weeks.

this is reasonable period. I have got refused sad
we have indicated 18 mln and 3 months period of stay, reference from work etc. I have a lot of factors indicated for refusal which did not convince the VO that I will leave upon delivery. It seems that I will need to apply alone w/o my hubby and will fly alone as well sad what a policy!

I plan to order CAIPS notes to see comments of the VO for refusal and then will re-apply taking the notes into account. definitely will stay less in Canada. If you didn't know about CAIPS just google it, it is 5$ CAD if you have someone in Canada already and takes 30 calendar days, or it costs 10-40$ CAD if order through commercial agencies. I read that it is very useful if you think to re-apply

I don't understand their policy when their PM states that refugees are welcome and they do not give visa to law-abiding citizens of other country.

good luck all others.

@Virt please let us know what purpose of visit you indicate in the application? I mean the main purpose of your visit?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by chibertha(f): 7:46am On Jan 31, 2017
In my view I prefer to get the baby's 1st Canadian passport from there then use visa or ETC to get the child home. Later at my own time I will go get Nigerian Passport in the state I live in.

rolorolo:
Hello All,

Trust all members are fine.

Please I need quick clarification in respect of baby's documents when born in Canada. Based on what I have read so far, mothers process the following documents for their babies when born i.e.

*Birth certificate
*Canadian passport and lastly,
*Nigerian Passport/Emergency Travel document.

My question, can I limit my baby's documents to these two? i.e. processing of birth certificate and Nigerian Passport/Emergency Travel document while i process the Canadian passport for baby once I get back to Nigeria via the Consulate Office in VI?

Mothers who have been previously opportune to birth and process documents for babies should please respond on their view

@ Hotstepper, kindly respond on your view as well. This question has never been raised in the group.

Thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by chibertha(f): 7:49am On Jan 31, 2017
Good talk but the challenge is that the last time I checked Canada only does drop off or apply online no interview like the USA.
KaptainAfrika:
Here is a wonderful Idea, if you have been successful in your visa application and you are asking for help, please quote your transcript when asking for help, or tips you used when you applied. And if you haven't posted your transcript or your tips, please do that, before asking for help.

Lets do MMM for help - PH and GH. grin

where PH - Provide Help and GH - Give Help
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by chibertha(f): 8:00am On Jan 31, 2017
These two points below obviously tells it by post

Non-refundable processing fee of hundred dollars ($100) in money order payable to the Nigeria High Commission Ottawa.
Copy of itinerary or airline ticket
[b]Self-Addressed return envelope (Canada priority or Express post Courier Envelope Onlyne ticket
[b]Self-Addressed return envelope (Canada priority or Express post Courier Envelope Only

rolorolo:
Hi All,

My question relates to birth documents for babies.

In applying for emergency travel document, can the application be made online, by post or by physical submission at the Nigerian High commission office in Ottawa? Please advice. The information I read online is not so detailed as it has not specified how the application can be submitted.

Please see below:

Requirement for Persons under the Age of 18 OR Minors

Copy of child’s birth certificate
Letter of Consent jointly signed by child's both parents must be typed
Photocopies of the parents’ passports data page. One of the passport data pages must be a Nigerian Passport.
Additional documents for single parents (proof of custody of the child/children)
Child's current two passport-size photographs preferably with white background
Non-refundable processing fee of hundred dollars ($100) in money order payable to the Nigeria High Commission Ottawa.
Copy of itinerary or airline ticket
[b]Self-Addressed return envelope (Canada priority or Express post Courier Envelope Only
NOTE: The Travel Document is valid for 30 days only and cannot be used to return to Canada (one way journey).

For inquiries please call (613) 236-0006 (Direct), 613 236 0521 ext: 241 and ext: 243 Email: oru@nigeriahcottawa.ca

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by doted: 3:51pm On Jan 31, 2017
doted:
Good Day All,

I need your advice please.

My sister applied for a visiting visa to canada last year October, with the hope to travel early to give birth. she has just been granted the Visa and she is is 33weeks pregnant,the tummy is very visible.

I will appreciate any advice we can get on the best POE into Canada. she is going to stay with another sibling in Ontario. Since the Visa she has is for visit, what can she do to avoid being turned back at the POE?

Also, what's the best airline to fly from Nigeria? we currently have to decide between Luftansa & KLM, which will both stopover at Amsterdam. Has anyone gone through a similar route without issues?

thanks.
Still expecting a response/advice on this please....Help oooo
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by KaptainAfrika: 9:14pm On Jan 31, 2017
1. Did you sister mention childbirth when applying for a canadian visa?

doted:
Still expecting a response/advice on this please....Help oooo
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nita2013: 8:24am On Feb 01, 2017
From her explanation no her sister didn't

quote author=KaptainAfrika post=53305488]1. Did you sister mention childbirth when applying for a canadian visa?

[/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mail2charlz(m): 12:43pm On Feb 02, 2017
Hello

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.