₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,116,265 members, 4,582,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 November 2018 at 07:15 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (314710 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Vgil100: 5:15pm On Oct 30
Sparkle1515:
This is a DIY forum..the pages are not long at all..read thoroughly and come up with specific questions
@sparkle, I just said was reading through the thread
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Olalacious: 4:42am On Nov 01
Yes i did...if you dont mention it they will find out....
And that wont be good for ur application either

Phakabir06:
please when you were filling the form online . Please the place where you they wrote if you have been refused visa in Canada or any other country . Please did you indicate you have been refused in usa ??
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Sayo12345: 4:05pm On Nov 01
Please house I need help o want to get my baby Nigeria travel document ASAP am in Calgary.tganks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 4:29pm On Nov 01
Sayo12345:
Please house I need help o want to get my baby Nigeria travel document ASAP am in Calgary.tganks
can you give the house a breakdown of your experience so far, maybe starting from visa application.

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Sparkle1515: 3:31pm On Nov 02
People will just come.seek for help on this thread then go back to their hiding..not fair at all..this is why this thread in particular isn’t growing compared to other thread..pls let’s share ideas,methods,solutions..let share our transcript from visa to Poe to hospitals etc...
Thanks for your cooperation

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 11:49pm On Nov 02
just apply for visa on arrival. use googlr nd splly..its very easy

Please Nigerisns try and be reading cuz this info is already here

Sayo12345:
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mizGene(f): 7:53am On Nov 03
Sayo12345:
Why not share your experience with everyone? That is what keeps the thread going.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mumzt: 10:26am On Nov 09
Good evening everyone,
I have a valid US B1B2 visa and valid 10year UK visa. I want to apply for a Canadian visa with the hope of using it for birthing at some point. Though I'm not pregnant now. I have also applied for Canadian PR before though we don't qualify because of age. Do you think this will affect my application? I have absolutely no intention of living anywhere illegally. Also have extensive family travel history. Just wondering.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by fruitfulie: 11:08am On Nov 09
Good morning all. Having read all the pages of this conversation, i realize that making known ones intention if pregnant is the best and honest way, which i am also adopting. However i would like to ask some questions so as not to make mistakes.

1. My brother who is based in Canada is inviting me to give birth in Toronto where he resides.

2. Can we apply for a family visa even though my husband would be joining me much later when i put to bed but my daughter would be staying back in Nigeria as social ties. Does this make sense or i should go alone and much later my husband and daughter apply later

3. Does my employer have to state on my letter that I am entitled to 66 days maternity leave, alongside with other information that would be written on the introductory letter from my employer?if anyone have copy of such letter for maternity leave for visa application, i would like to have a view of the content.

4. When exactly do I need an itinerary plan/budget spreadsheet for visa application or POE engagement? Sample of itinerary plan and budget spreadsheet are also needed please.

5. Do I need a correspondence between myself and the doctor for application purposes or at POE?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by songozi: 7:52pm On Nov 09
Hotstepper:
Every month, the govt pays the parents of kids 18 yrs nd under what is called Child Benefit for the kids. Now, this amount each family gets depends on family income which is determined once u file for your mandatory yearly income tax. The lower the family income, the more you get which wont exceed 650 per child. Also, the age of the kids also depends how much each child will get as the younger the child is, the more his or her need. for example, new borns nd toddlers ...once the child turn 6, it reduces a bit. infact as of 5 yrs ago, they stopped at 6 but new govt came nd said let them continue till 18. Now what u use the money is up to the person and the money is paid to mothers or the primary care taker of the kids .

For the child to recieve it, one of the parents must reside in Canada as a refugee, PRa or permenent. If ypu are outaide the country nd they find out which thwy usually do for more than a period of time , u will have to pay bk what u recieved.

Does this applies to International student with kids?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Beautyaddy: 8:00pm On Nov 09
mumzt:
Good evening everyone,
I have a valid US B1B2 visa and valid 10year UK visa. I want to apply for a Canadian visa with the hope of using it for birthing at some point. Though I'm not pregnant now. I have also applied for Canadian PR before though we don't qualify because of age. Do you think this will affect my application? I have absolutely no intention of living anywhere illegally. Also have extensive family travel history. Just wondering.

Canada does not encourage birth tourism.

Trying to get a Canadian visiting visa might be your best option. Even though getting a Canadian visiting visa after being denied the Canadian PR will be very, very hard.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mumzt: 9:55pm On Nov 09
Beautyaddy:

Trying to get a Canadian visiting visa might be your best option. Even though getting a Canadian visiting visa after being denied the Canadian PR will be very, very hard.

I wasn't denied PR o. In the pool with very very low likelihood of being picked because of low scores due to age.
Just wondering if the PR status affects visiting visa application.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Sparkle1515: 10:10pm On Nov 09
What do you mean Canada doesn’t encourage birth tourism..pls elucidate cos I have a visa for birthing purposes already ..my first was USA,second Canada and now third Canada all for the purpose of birthing clearly stated
Beautyaddy:

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Beautyaddy: 5:03am On Nov 10
mumzt:

I wasn't denied PR o. In the pool with very very low likelihood of being picked because of low scores due to age.
Just wondering if the PR status affects visiting visa application.

Okay, you might want to give it a try by applying for the visiting visa.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Mslala: 11:28am On Nov 12
Sparkle1515:
What do you mean Canada doesn’t encourage birth tourism..pls elucidate cos I have a visa for birthing purposes already ..my first was USA,second Canada and now third Canada all for the purpose of birthing clearly stated

Hello @Sparkle1515, please can you assist with responses to the following questions?

1) When did you get your visa?
2) Did you state child birth alone, and not vacation and child birth or vacation and medical or medical only?
3) Were there extra considerations to your visa application for child birth i.e. a medical report/letter from your Gyn in Nigeria probably stating why you had to travel i.e. multiple births for more than 2 babies, high-risk pregnancy etc.

Please share, apologies if you have already shared, a detailed account of your visa application from start to finish for the benefit of this thread. Many thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by rannies(f): 10:54pm On Nov 13
Datsinn:
Hello ranni, pls what doctor did u use later and ur full bill and also will like to know how u applied for the birth registrationand certificate. Thanks

So sorry. I'm just seeing this. I used mosaic clinic for ANC and Longheed to birth. The rest of the info is as Nandad wrote on pg 78.

Hope this response isn't so belated. Sorry.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Sparkle1515: 10:44am On Nov 14
I got it early this year
I specifically statasked d childbirth no time for vacation as I want to return immediately

No I didn’t include any letter cos my preg isn’t high risk but you can if you want to
Mslala:

Hello @Sparkle1515, please can you assist with responses to the following questions?

1) When did you get your visa?
2) Did you state child birth alone, and not vacation and child birth or vacation and medical or medical only?
3) Were there extra considerations to your visa application for child birth i.e. a medical report/letter from your Gyn in Nigeria probably stating why you had to travel i.e. multiple births for more than 2 babies, high-risk pregnancy etc.

Please share, apologies if you have already shared, a detailed account of your visa application from start to finish for the benefit of this thread. Many thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Lucia95(f): 1:16pm On Nov 14
Hi everyone I have been reading up stories here and I decided to join n ask questions....i already have a US visa me and my family have travelled and we are back(it's a tourist visa)...but I plan on taking in next year,renewing my visa n use it to give birth there but am scared I will be sent back...plz any ideas...
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by heymama: 3:26pm On Nov 14
Hotstepper:
That is not true. People who weren't allowed inside are those that lied and it also happens in the US as well. A family friend of mine I helped just came in yesterday with her hubby nd even da customs officer told dem he's happy they said the truth cuz a lot of Nigerians will come and lie when it is obvious why they came. It is not illegal to have a baby in Canada just have ur money, paid accommodation nd doctors appointment nd you are good to go. My family friend applied in Jan nd was given 4 yrs visiting visa. She was asked if the embassy in Nigeria knew she was preggy when she applied nd she said no cuz it was an online application and nowhere to input it. The key is to be truthful cuz ur visa application is in their system nd they will pull it is once they swip your passport. At 7monthd plus, r u sure any airline would agree to take u?

Please i need to get in touch with you. I want to start processing my Visa too but with my husband and daughter, (if it will give me more chance of getting the VISA)
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Jennyossai: 11:56pm On Nov 14
omopeace4luv:
Pls I need help with the travel certificate, my flight is in two days pls
Hello please can I get the contact of the doctor u used in calgary?

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (Reply)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.