Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (684247 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 7:24pm On Jan 29, 2019
I just decided to screen shoot this and share here how much onr of you ppl paid for accomodation .

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jj17cv(m): 7:45pm On Jan 29, 2019
@Hotsptepper
Depend on your pocket
Two (2) Bedroom - Townhome - $1,673
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 7:56pm On Jan 29, 2019
Yea depends on ur pocket but have in mind it is hard to find accomodation plus location nd all plays a role. This townhome where is it located nd do ppl live there?

quote author=jj17cv post=75238605]@Hotsptepper
Depend on your pocket
[/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jj17cv(m): 8:55pm On Jan 29, 2019
Woodridge Crescent, Ottawa, ON,

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Globc: 8:59pm On Jan 29, 2019
folmus:

Thank you very much folmus
folmus post=75217128:

Click on her profile. You will see her transcript from her posts. However, she said she didn't see anything like birthing, just visiting. So she chose visiting.

Let your husband be the main applicant considering his travel history and valid US visa. If you dont state it in your application, you must be truthful at the POE. Give it a try, you never can tell. If you can get all needed documents, submit your application today.

Good luck
Click
folmus:

Click on her profile. You will see her transcript from her posts. However, she said she didn't see anything like birthing, just visiting. So she chose visiting.

Let your husband be the main applicant considering his travel history and valid US visa. If you dont state it in your application, you must be truthful at the POE. Give it a try, you never can tell. If you can get all needed documents, submit your application today.

Good luck
on her
folmus:

Good luck
folmus:

Good luck
. You w ill see her transcript from her posts. However, she said she didn't see anything like birthing, just visiting. So she chose visiting.

Good luck
Hotstepper:
Yea depends on ur pocket but have in mind it is hard to find accomodation plus location nd all plays a role. This townhome where is it located nd do ppl live there?
folmus post=75217128:

Good luck

quot
folmus:

Good luck
e author=jj17cv post=75238605]@Hotsptepper
Depend on your pocket
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Globc: 9:19pm On Jan 29, 2019
Thank you very much
Iamajoyfulmothe:

@Globc I know you didn't ask me but I'm responding anyway :-)

Please please apply using your husband as primary applicant seeing as he has a valid US visa. This qualifies him for CAN+ and expedited the process significantly (personal experience)
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 9:51pm On Jan 29, 2019
oh Ottawa ......that makes senaw thats why i said location matters

jj17cv:
Woodridge

Crescent, Ottawa, ON,
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 9:54pm On Jan 29, 2019
some of ur questions really depends on u and what ur heart tells u to do. There r ppl who applied stating chikdbirth nd was given and some denied. Some applied as the whole famimy nd got it and some did not. Overall,i think na luck plus the office reviewing it.

recently one person was denied cuz they said she has no home ties cuz she applied with her husband .

Globc:
Dear @HotStepper,

Thank for all the guidance and assistance you provide on this platform to expectant mothers and their families.

I understand your busy schedule but please I urgently need your guidance on Childbirth in Canada. I was just recently denied a US Visa and currently in my 30weeks already. I intend to submit an application for this almost immediately. I am willing to take the risk to apply for this however these are my worries.

1. Should I state in my application that I am coming to Canada for Childbirth or just visiting? My husband has a valid US Visa.
2. My husband has more travel history than I do, so can my husband be the lead applicant although he does not intend to travel with me. I also have an 18month old child.
3. Hope there will no issues at the POE when I show up with my very huge stomach after not earlier stating that I am pregnant in the application.
4. which location do you best advice, in terms of securing a doctor and accommodation ASAP. Please, can you make any recommendation?
5. I had earlier applied with my mum for the US Visa so she can assist with taking care of the baby and my toddler for me, but I don't plan to include her now for the Canadian application since we are applying as a family going on a tourist visit. Can I get assistance with people that provide "omugwo" services when I get there?

Financing is not the issue, as we have more than enough to cover the trip and bear the cost.

Please help a sister in urgent need!!!

God bless you!!!

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Globc: 10:18pm On Jan 29, 2019
Thank you for your feedback @Hotstepper

Please, which location do you best advice, in terms of securing a doctor and accommodation ASAP. Please, can you make any recommendation?

Can I still get a Doctor who will be ready to take me at this time?

I am at loss on the next action to take, I am a newbie on nairaland.

Can you help to guide? Can I send you an inbox message instead?

Hotstepper:
some of ur questions really depends on u and what ur heart tells u to do. There r ppl who applied stating chikdbirth nd was given and some denied. Some applied as the whole famimy nd got it and some did not. Overall,i think na luck plus the office reviewing it.

recently one person was denied cuz they said she has no home ties cuz she applied with her husband .

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 11:58pm On Jan 29, 2019
Welcome gingalady
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 12:00am On Jan 30, 2019
Oleayo22:

If you are already in Canada, ask your host to help you.
The guarantor that did my baby's passport didn't even know me. They took my docs to her place that's all. She attends the same church as my host.

In an instance the embassy called the guarantor and ask personal questions about you. So I will suggest you give the person some info about yourself.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 12:01am On Jan 30, 2019
placebo:
Good evening house and happy new week! Please I have a question. Do I need a passport with minimum of 6 months validity to apply for visiting visa or can I apply with a passport that has about 5 months validity. The visit period is wishing the validity date?

P.s. the passport is for a relative.
Standard is 6months minimum. Passport renewal can be done in a day. Why not renew it
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:04am On Jan 30, 2019
i measaged u bk when i gor ur email

Globc:

Please, which location do you best advice, in terms of securing a doctor and accommodation ASAP. Please, can you make any recommendation?

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 12:08am On Jan 30, 2019
Globc:

No need wasting time on this, give it a shot, start your application. Your husband having a visa may help so I will suggest he's the main applicant and you the dependant. You still have up to 5weeks and many applications are done within 4weeks to 6weeks. Yes you should stilll get a doctor in Toronto. LUCK.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Oleayo22(f): 6:30am On Jan 30, 2019
Candybright:

In an instance the embassy called the guarantor and ask personal questions about you. So I will suggest you give the person some info about yourself.
Not every time. I have the passport already.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Globc: 9:05am On Jan 30, 2019
Ok, thank you Ma'am. Seen it.

It went to my Spam box. I just responded.

Hotstepper:

i measaged u bk when i gor ur email

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Globc: 9:05am On Jan 30, 2019
Amenn, Thank you very much.
Candybright:

No need wasting time on this, give it a shot, start your application. Your husband having a visa may help so I will suggest he's the main applicant and you the dependant. You still have up to 5weeks and many applications are done within 4weeks to 6weeks. Yes you should stilll get a doctor in Toronto. LUCK.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jj17cv(m): 9:31am On Jan 30, 2019
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hebrewmama: 12:00pm On Jan 30, 2019
I remember going through this thread when i was expecting my first child but eventually went the US route.

So my American visa expired last week and the rate at which people are getting called for interviews even after the drop box process is alarming plus I don't want to be a victim.

So I am back here.

How long is Canadian visa process time?

In a case where i had my child in america, my american & uk visa just expired, how much min should I have in my account, what is the possibility of getting it and please advise on additional proof of ties to present.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gingalady: 12:11pm On Jan 30, 2019
Dumsy730:
Amen. Thank God for you.

Please can you share a sample of cover letter you used if you don't mind. It will be helpful.

Duskky730@gmail.com

I didnt send any cover letter.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by gingalady: 12:15pm On Jan 30, 2019
[quote author=Globc post=75215179][/quote]

Hello,

No o didnt specify in the application as I was already showing so i showed them at Poe. They didn't even notice but that's the reason I gave for staying 72 days.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by heiphe: 10:18am On Jan 31, 2019
hello Gurus,

I have just applied for a TRV but didn't state anywhere in my application its for tourism, my EDD is May, what can i do when my visa is granted to prevent any problems wen traveling? kindly advise.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by MrsBMWM90: 12:36pm On Jan 31, 2019
GOOD DAY ALL,

I APPLIED FOR VISITOR VISA ON THE 5TH OF JANUARY 2019 AND JUST STATED MY REASON FOR TRAVELLING AS VACATION AND VISITING. I WROTE SOME PLACES TO GO AND ALSO TO STAY WITH MY COUSIN WHO ALSO WROTE AN INVITATION LETTER. VERY UNFORTUNATELY I WAS DENIED THE VISA TODAY. THE STATED REASON IS PURPOSE OF VISIT AND SO THEY ARE NOT CONVINCED I WOULD COME BACK AFTER MY TEMPORARY VISIT. FOR THOSE THAT GOT THEIR VISAS PLEASE ADVISE ME ON HOW I CAN REAPPLY(IT IS STATED THAT I CAN REAPPLY) AND WHAT I CAN STATE FOR PURPOSE OF VISIT. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE THIS. I AM QUITE REALLY FRUSTRATED AS AM ALREADY 29 WEEKS GONE. I ALSO WANT TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS RE-APPLIED BEFORE. THANK YOU. I AM ALSO GOING WITH MY DAUGHTER.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by MrsBMWM90: 12:39pm On Jan 31, 2019
EVERY OTHER THING WAS OK AS ATTACHED IN THE PICTURE. PLEASE HELP. I WOULD LIKE TO REAPPLY BY MONDAY, 4TH FEBRUARY. THANK YOU

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by aye88: 1:27pm On Jan 31, 2019
Those that applied and indicated childbirth, please did you include details of the hospital or doctor you will be using in your application. I applied January 6th and started tourism. Indicated childbirth in the letter of explanation. My application was refused. Reason is purpose of visit and personal and financial asset. I applied with my mum, hubby and my self. Hubby for two weeks, myself and my mum for two months. Hubby is the primary applicant. He has a valid us visa. My mum has a valid us visa too. My us visa recently expired. We put in documents of all our properties. We had seven thousand euro in hubby account balance. Should I reapply. What else can I add that hasn't been added already. Should I do a budget sheet. I don't know what else they want
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:30pm On Jan 31, 2019
Sorry to hear this....is this your 1st pregnancy?

aye88:
Those that applied and indicated childbirth, please did you include details of the hospital or doctor you will be using in your application. I applied January 6th and started tourism. Indicated childbirth in the letter of explanation. My application was refused. Reason is purpose of visit and personal and financial asset. I applied with my mum, hubby and my self. Hubby for two weeks, myself and my mum for two months. Hubby is the primary applicant. He has a valid us visa. My mum has a valid us visa too. My us visa recently expired. We put in documents of all our properties. We had seven thousand euro in hubby account balance. Should I reapply. What else can I add that hasn't been added already. Should I do a budget sheet. I don't know what else they want
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:36pm On Jan 31, 2019
Sorry to hear this. did you just apply alone? how was the invitation letter written? did it state the time period you will be here for? did you have enough more and more than enough documents?

MrsBMWM90:
GOOD DAY ALL,

I APPLIED FOR VISITOR VISA ON THE 5TH OF JANUARY 2019 AND JUST STATED MY REASON FOR TRAVELLING AS VACATION AND VISITING. I WROTE SOME PLACES TO GO AND ALSO TO STAY WITH MY COUSIN WHO ALSO WROTE AN INVITATION LETTER. VERY UNFORTUNATELY I WAS DENIED THE VISA TODAY. THE STATED REASON IS PURPOSE OF VISIT AND SO THEY ARE NOT CONVINCED I WOULD COME BACK AFTER MY TEMPORARY VISIT. FOR THOSE THAT GOT THEIR VISAS PLEASE ADVISE ME ON HOW I CAN REAPPLY(IT IS STATED THAT I CAN REAPPLY) AND WHAT I CAN STATE FOR PURPOSE OF VISIT. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE THIS. I AM QUITE REALLY FRUSTRATED AS AM ALREADY 29 WEEKS GONE. I ALSO WANT TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS RE-APPLIED BEFORE. THANK YOU. I AM ALSO GOING WITH MY DAUGHTER.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:38pm On Jan 31, 2019
how can u put tourism in application nd childbirth in letter? u guys need to be consistent as the officer probably is even confused

aye88:
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by aye88: 4:01pm On Jan 31, 2019
Hotstepper:

how can u put tourism in application nd childbirth in letter? u guys need to be consistent as the officer probably is even confused

There is no option for childbirth in the application. We filled tourism as the purpose of our trip. I now indicated in the letter that I will also be using that opportunity to give birth. I read here that someone did it like that. She said it was in the letter of explanation she wrote she will also be giving birth.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by aye88: 4:01pm On Jan 31, 2019
Hotstepper:

Sorry to hear this....is this your 1st pregnancy?

No.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 4:19pm On Jan 31, 2019
if u can, reapply alone

aye88:

No.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by aye88: 4:25pm On Jan 31, 2019
Hotstepper:
if u can, reapply alone

Okay thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.