Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,271 members, 7,954,056 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:35 AM

The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) (34272 Views)

Fayose Begins The Construction Of Flyover In Ekiti State (Photos) / The Abuja Ministerial Blues By @delemomodu / President Jonathan Inspected The Abuja Rail Mass Transit Line (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by adconline(m): 4:59pm On Jul 06, 2013
dabrake: I now see why seun had problems with you(or is it the other way round?). You are the most 'unintelligent' fellow I've ever encountered online
The most incoherent blabber on NL goes to him
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by twinskenny(m): 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2013
so they will be powering this place with generator right? Wht a misplaced priority

4 Likes

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Longeria(m): 7:07pm On Jul 06, 2013
myners007 :
i hope say no be obinna supply d rods n other building materials if not na another collapsed building story we go hear again
If not obinna, you would have been walking naked. ONYE ARA.
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Slicky112: 7:09pm On Jul 06, 2013
Of what significance is this so called world trade center... the money spent on this shoulda been used to improve power and basic infrastructure in the country. SMH for this government mtcheewwwwwww misplaced priority!!!

1 Like

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by denzel2009: 7:18pm On Jul 06, 2013
A government that major in minor.smh
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Evolo(m): 7:18pm On Jul 06, 2013
Beaf!:
What size of Boeing does Boko Harem need to fly into this one cheesy

Lol...
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 06, 2013
Waste...
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 06, 2013
It's a good development, but please leave GEJ outta this. It's a private project in partnership with the FCT administration. If you can't give credit to GEJ for this kinda project in lagos, i wouldn't know why anyone would do such here.
BTW, we've spent billions of naira on power and we can't still boast of 4000mw. It's a shame! It's none of my business anyway as long as i'm here enjoying 24/7 light.
Before you praise any development, you should ask yourself, 'what's in it for me?'. Answer that question here and lets see.

2 Likes

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 06, 2013
I think i can rent a suite in advance

I don see the place, it is not out of the world as depicted.
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 06, 2013
Beaf!:
What size of Boeing does
Boko Harem need to fly into this one cheesy
Here We go!!!
Senseless Post! Bringing back scars of Bad memories & Inciting/Suggesting to your Evil Fellows to do what they may Never have thought Of. mtcheeew!

1 Like

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by bloggernaija: 10:02pm On Jul 06, 2013
[quote author=Itoroetti ][/quote]
A white elephant is an idiom for a valuable but burdensome possession of which its owner cannot dispose and whose cost (particularly cost of upkeep) is out of proportion to its usefulness or worth. The term derives from the story that the kings of Siam (now Thailand) were accustomed to make a present of one of these animals to courtiers who had rendered themselves obnoxious, in order to ruin the recipient by the cost of its maintenance. In modern usage, it is an object, scheme, business venture, facility, etc., considered to be without use or value.[1]
From Wikipedia
This breed of private investor come a dollar a dime.we have plenty of them over here .i hope you do a little bit of reading.
You can be sure of one thing,the money for this monstrosity is coming out of the taxpayer pocket.
Abuja is already full of these kind of buildings.
They do not generate any form of income but do require a lot in form of maintenance .case in point ,the monstrosity called the Abuja national stadium which is rotting away from poor maintenance and lack of use.
Also ,the legions of underused and unviable airports which the government is wasting money would require maintenance whether or not they are in use .
No true businessman spends money like this .
I will now come to Camberra and Brasilia ,the concept on which Abuja was founded .
Camberra is the capital of Australia .its sole purpose of existence is to the maintenance and welfare of the Australian people.
The town has a few practical buildings required for governance .nothing grandiose ,no attempt to build a lie or a city made of gold( Australia minimum wage - $15/ hr)
This sole purpose of the capital is to ensure that the cash cow Sidney ,Melbourne ,Adelaide ,Tasmania etc are all feeling healthy.
BY THE WAY ,I DO NOT ENDURE THE PAINS OF. NIGERIAN BUT I FEEL IT.I AM IN A LAND FAR FAR AWAY.
WHEN I WANT TO SEE DOCTOR,I SEE ONE.I DO NOT HAVE TO CHOKE ON FUMES FROM GENS.I WAKE UP ON THE MORNING AND HOP STRAIGHT INTO THE SHOWER.I HAVE ALREADY MET THE TEACHER OF MY KID'S NEXT CLASS.I HAVE A 50meg BROADBAND .I AM SPOILT FOR CHOICE IN TERMS OF FOOD.I SLEEP SOUNDLY DURING THE NIGHT etc.
THIS IS JUST BASIC LIVING THAT YOU FIND IN MANY MEDIUM AND LOW INCOME COUNTRIES
THE NIGERIAN IN THE VILLAGES AND TOWNS DESERVE SUCH AS WELL.
NOT THAT FREAKING MONSTROUSITY IN A TASTELESS ,SOULLESS AND ABSOLUTELY CORRUPT CAPITAL CITY

3 Likes

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by ebankole: 11:21pm On Jul 06, 2013
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by ShineuEye: 12:51am On Jul 07, 2013
I hate it when I see billions spent on the leeching SW and the North.
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Samxiulee: 1:26am On Jul 07, 2013
Shine u Eye: I hate it when I see billions spent on the leeching SW and the North.
leeching SW?btw how much does your region contribute into the coffers of the FG?
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Samxiulee: 1:40am On Jul 07, 2013
Btw to all the people shouting and clapping for Gej,FG has not paid a kobo to churchgate on this project,they are planning to invest 1 billion dollars in it which they have to get an approval from the National Assembly for,So pls leave Gej out of this for now,I commend him for Lagos Ibadan expressway project,I also commend him for rehabilitating the Ore_Benin part of Lagos Benin road,I pray I will commend him on improve power supply but right now he is busy fighting Ameachi.

2 Likes

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by solomon111(m): 7:33am On Jul 07, 2013
Sam xiu lee: Btw to all the people shouting and clapping for Gej,FG has not paid a kobo to churchgate on this project,they are planning to invest 1 billion dollars in it which they have to get an approval from the National Assembly for,So pls leave Gej out of this for now,I commend him for Lagos Ibadan expressway project,I also commend him for rehabilitating the Ore_Benin part of Lagos Benin road,I pray I will commend him on improve power supply but right now he is busy fighting Ameachi.
what do you mean it has nothing to do with GEJ?
Do you think investors will invest if the FG did not create the enabling environment?
And one thing you should know is that many of these investors were practically wooed by the FG.
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by negga4al(m): 8:44am On Jul 07, 2013
How well has Nigeria stem the activities of terrorist and Islamist separatist. How is the intelligence of the Nigerian police and security agency. Can they protect from another attack if it takes place. Before taking up all these unneeded projects let these leaders put first things first.

Where is POWER?
What about AGRICULTURE?
SECURITY nko?

The Citizenry need all these to survive, not this meaningless building.

1 Like

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by iriowuro: 8:49am On Jul 07, 2013
solomon111: what do you mean it has nothing to do with GEJ?
Do you think investors will invest if the FG did not create the enabling environment?
And one thing you should know is that many of these investors were practically wooed by the FG.
stop der & stop so be, do u tink givin landed property to investors mean enabling environment? wot enabling environment av u, in d face of insecurity, no access to power, bad road linkage for inter-state trans, ur naija police is gettin worse by d day. is dat wot u cal enablin environment?

1 Like

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by iriowuro: 9:01am On Jul 07, 2013
bloggernaija:
A white elephant is an idiom for a valuable but burdensome possession of which its owner cannot dispose and whose cost (particularly cost of upkeep) is out of proportion to its usefulness or worth. The term derives from the story that the kings of Siam (now Thailand) were accustomed to make a present of one of these animals to courtiers who had rendered themselves obnoxious, in order to ruin the recipient by the cost of its maintenance. In modern usage, it is an object, scheme, business venture, facility, etc., considered to be without use or value.[1]
From Wikipedia
This breed of private investor come a dollar a dime.we have plenty of them over here .i hope you do a little bit of reading.
You can be sure of one thing,the money for this monstrosity is coming out of the taxpayer pocket.
Abuja is already full of these kind of buildings.
They do not generate any form of income but do require a lot in form of maintenance .case in point ,the monstrosity called the Abuja national stadium which is rotting away from poor maintenance and lack of use.
Also ,the legions of underused and unviable airports which the government is wasting money would require maintenance whether or not they are in use .
No true businessman spends money like this .
I will now come to Camberra and Brasilia ,the concept on which Abuja was founded .
Camberra is the capital of Australia .its sole purpose of existence is to the maintenance and welfare of the Australian people.
The town has a few practical buildings required for governance .nothing grandiose ,no attempt to build a lie or a city made of gold( Australia minimum wage - $15/ hr)
This sole purpose of the capital is to ensure that the cash cow Sidney ,Melbourne ,Adelaide ,Tasmania etc are all feeling healthy.
BY THE WAY ,I DO NOT ENDURE THE PAINS OF. NIGERIAN BUT I FEEL IT.I AM IN A LAND FAR FAR AWAY.
WHEN I WANT TO SEE DOCTOR,I SEE ONE.I DO NOT HAVE TO CHOKE ON FUMES FROM GENS.I WAKE UP ON THE MORNING AND HOP STRAIGHT INTO THE SHOWER.I HAVE ALREADY MET THE TEACHER OF MY KID'S NEXT CLASS.I HAVE A 50meg BROADBAND .I AM SPOILT FOR CHOICE IN TERMS OF FOOD.I SLEEP SOUNDLY DURING THE NIGHT etc.
THIS IS JUST BASIC LIVING THAT YOU FIND IN MANY MEDIUM AND LOW INCOME COUNTRIES
THE NIGERIAN IN THE VILLAGES AND TOWNS DESERVE SUCH AS WELL.
NOT THAT FREAKING MONSTROUSITY IN A TASTELESS ,SOULLESS AND ABSOLUTELY CORRUPT CAPITAL CITY

my bro it is obvious u dnt reside in naija. I beg notin concern u o, just dey enjoy & chop d life of ur head 4 wer u dey o. I cant imagine d goat brain headed fellow dat r er @ surferin d pains jumpin 4 joy over dis wasteful venture. 2 me it seems mere staring @ structure earns em income, places food on der table? my bro no need pity us, na b our own problem, we hailing d corrupt fools dat rules us even wen dey r slashing our throat & suckin us lik vampires.
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by taopheeq(m): 10:01am On Jul 07, 2013
Pls friends, kindly vote for my brother by following d link below. Regards..... Go to this link http://­­etisalatgeekforce.tu­m­blr.com/ and vote for (Adebayo Adepoju)

He is number 7 on the list, once you tick the name, allow the page to load and click on 'Vote' down below the names. Use the opera mini browser if the BB browser is not showing the voting links pls
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by dblock(m): 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2013

1 Like

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 07, 2013
This is a great move. Better economy and increased employment, Just what we need at this time. I do hope more of this comes and most importantly,that Power becomes stable. constant electricity to a nation is synonymous to water in the body

1 Like

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by LordReed(m): 8:44pm On Jul 07, 2013
preshuzpearl: This is a great move. Better economy and increased employment, Just what we need at this time. I do hope more of this comes and most importantly,that Power becomes stable. constant electricity to a nation is synonymous to water in the body

Churchgate has not finished letting out its own building you there talking of increased employment. Is it ghosts that will do the employing?
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by lastpage: 1:04am On Jul 08, 2013
Beaf!:
What size of Boeing does Boko Harem need to fly into this one cheesy

Boko ar Rams dont need to do nothing about this!

The Israelis would place Semtex around the Pillars and you can blame it on Boko ar Rams!

The "Perfect Plot" to make someone else .......fight your enemy!

I tell you, "Pray for Wisdom Cunning, ...not for strength"! wink wink

Lastpage!

Vanunu: I must confess that since I was born, I have not seen any Nigeria president perform wonders like President Goodluck J.
I wonder why some foolish Yorubas want him to go.

With nincompoops like you, ..."wonders shall never end"! grin grin
All you need do, to know who the "foolish ones" really are, is to compare Lagos with where you come from. wink wink

The "oppressed" in Brazil are targeting their own leaders, especially Lawmakers (who increased their own salary by 64% to $240,000, about 24 times the average annual income of the masses)
....while in Nigeria, the oppressed like you are too busy singing sycophantic songs-of-praise of their oppressors!
shocked grin

BTW: If l work on the Top-most floor of that World Tower, am l supposed to climb "How many flight of Stairs", TWICE at least, EVERYDAY.... since we cant seem capable of Generating electricity? shocked

The ones they are copying,... has "working Lifts and Escalators"....and stable electricity naah! shocked lipsrsealed
Cart, before the Horse Syndrome! Foolishness epitomised!!
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by enny5: 1:51am On Jul 08, 2013
Rossikk:

Thank you. When it's completed, please don't visit. If you do, let thunder fire you.

And when completed, who exactly is going to occupy it? Nigerian youths who dont have the mind set or resources to work in such modern environment due to lack of quality education in the country? or foreign biz men who will get another source of foreign gdps for their home countries from our 20,000 minimum wage? Your problem is to visit!! smh!! Small minded people. Truth no Nigerian graduate from any university in Nigeria has the capacity & technological know how to handle or hold any management post in that building. the place will be lead by foreigners & nigerians who schooled abroad. we would just be desk assisstants, receptionists & hELPERS AND THEY ARE GOING TO PAY US PEANUTS. tink wisely and be objective.
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by oyeyipow(m): 12:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
solomon111: what do you mean it has nothing to do with GEJ?

FG didn't do any wooing in ds case, d chairman of churchgate Matani is an indian dt was born in Nigeria.
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Horus(m): 9:07pm On Sep 09, 2013

(August 2013 Update)

1 Like

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by homesteady(m): 9:35pm On Sep 09, 2013
Wow!! Beautiful and massive structure

1 Like

Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by souljar(m): 9:55pm On Oct 29, 2014
dat crane got fractured yesterday, and Its resting on d building... after wrecking a reasonable portion of d curtain walls. All thanx to gentle Savannah winds.
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by souljar(m): 9:57pm On Oct 29, 2014
dat crane got fractured yesterday, and is resting on d building... after wrecking a reasonable portion of d curtain walls. All thanx to gentle Savannah winds.
Re: The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) by Horus(m): 2:27pm On Jun 23, 2016

The Abuja World Trade Center

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Britain Worried Over Buhari's Sack Of Dr Akilu In NSA's Office- UK Telegraph / My List Of Nigeria's Achievements Since Independence: / Monguno Is Threatening Life Of Abdulrasheed Bawa, EFCC Boss - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.