Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria (3861 Views)

See Reactions Of People When IPOB Tells Igbos Living In The North To Return Home / Apc Still Leading Pdp As Election Collation Goes For Break / Igbos Living In North Flee To Cameroon For Safety From Boko Haram Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by ACM10: 10:06pm On Jul 05, 2013
GenBuhari:
The reason is because I am concerned that there is a looming crisis in Nigeria and it is to do with imminent collapse of crude oil prices and the likelihood that oil may become worthless forever. Since oil is the reason that is preventing Nigeria's break up, when oil becomes worthless, there would no reason for Nigeria to stay intact.

So true! But no one admits this.
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by ACM10: 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2013
ndu_chucks: In a way, the effect of this zero demand for Nigeria's oil by the USA, is over exaggerated by the OP and others. The Chinese are more than ready to replace the US as the primary importer of Nigeria's oil.

If people are planning to breakup Nigeria anytime soon, they should be prepared to fight against the great Nigerian Armed forces and sophisticated Chinese weapons of war.

Well you are right in a way. In the other way, you are wrong. Remember that Chinese interest is primarily business. They can also supply arms to the other side if they can pay for it. This will lead to mutual destruction. Why can't we do this at the discussion table instead of resorting to violence? It will be silly for anyone to think that the war will be easy and one-sided as the one of '67. I bet you that crisis will eventually be settled at the discussion table after needless waste of life. There will not be a situation where one party gets all its demand. So Ndu_Chucks be wise and know it that violence and the threat of more violence will not solve Nigeria's intractable problem.

Coming to oil, China can never fill the void if US leaves the scene. US is the world's overwhelming oil guzzler. China guzzles a little compared to US. America's exit from the scene will leave China with more option on who to patronize and ability to set the price of the commodity. China may or may not find Nigeria's oil palatable. Internally, things may go from bad to worse. Nigeria will be unable to finance their public works and military. It will have a far-reaching ramification. Just pray that US continues to patronize Nigeria's oil. If Pres. Obama makes good of his campaign promise to make US energy-independent, then that will be the beginning of the end for Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by Dibiachukwu: 10:53pm On Jul 05, 2013
Have anybody thought about this. Without oil money, northern Nigeria is almost useless to both china and USA. West would support North because they are interested in keeping the sons of CHUKWU down. China would support north too, because they are also interested in that. But where are these weapons going to come from. Who is going to pay for them? It is easier to destroy than to build. If Nigerians are wise, they would start gyrating towards regional/tribal autonomy. 67 style massacre would not lead to civil war in Alaigbo. It would lead to civil war in areas where these massacres occur! The hunter shall become the hunted.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by sambosalisu(m): 10:59pm On Jul 05, 2013
But!
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 06, 2013
Dibiachukwu: Have anybody thought about this. Without oil money, northern Nigeria is almost useless to both china and USA. West would support North because they are interested in keeping the sons of CHUKWU down. China would support north too, because they are also interested in that. But where are these weapons going to come from. Who is going to pay for them? It is easier to destroy than to build. If Nigerians are wise, they would start gyrating towards regional/tribal autonomy. 67 style massacre would not lead to civil war in Alaigbo. It would lead to civil war in areas where these massacres occur! The hunter shall become the hunted.

are you sure about that?
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:49am On Jul 06, 2013
All I can do is laugh. I have always told Ndigbo to be ready to fight for their property wherever they may be in Nigeria. The OP is right only to the extent that Ndigbo would "pack their loads on their heads again and head East". I'm not so sure about that especially if Nigeria stays one. Now, a divided Nigeria is another matter.

In any case I've come to be a one Nigerianist to the core. I really think that Nigeria is tailor-made for Ndigbo by God himself.
All we need to do is cage Islamic extremism, or restructure the regions for greater autonomy. Methinks that even the North would realise that extreme Islam is not in its interest, and would eventually opt for Turkey styled Islam rather than Afghani styled one.

Whatever the case may be, Nigeria's destiny as the de facto leader of Africa and the black nations of the earth should be bolstered by smart folks.

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by thoth: 2:10am On Jul 06, 2013
I have always tried to explain to many Igbos whom i believe were enlightened that they are blessed to be part of Nigeria if only they can get organized, igbos are in every part of Nigeria, they own properties all over Nigeria, they dominate the small industries as well as the trading lines(goods distribution means), their resources pulled together would annihilate any opposition, they can displace or prop-up whomever they like, but i have always found out that it never makes sense to most people.

Truth be told if half the Igbo population thinks like me we would own Nigeria, we would not only own Nigeria and everything in it; we will own Africa, Nigerians military and resources would be there to further our goals. The problem is that igbos lack organizational skills and even when you try to organize them they would prefer some form of King image whom squanders and shows off to a real strategic commission that really addresses their interests. They can't even maintain a board. Outside Nigeria they form organizations but the organizations does nothing but impose levies and steal and do parties. The most they can do is to assist in sending the remains of an igboman home to be buried. They can never emulate the Jews, Lebanese(whom has taken over Nigeria), Japanese and Americans.

Africans will be quick to learn some silly behavior from other nations but will never learn the progressive ones. When i was in university an associate professor once said that Africans are not capable of strategic thinking and planning, at that period in France late 80's the black consciousness was alive so we made sure he was severely punished, looking back now at the reasons he gave i am afraid there are some truths to it.

Onlytruth: All I can do is laugh. I have always told Ndigbo to be ready to fight for their property wherever they may be in Nigeria. The OP is right only to the extent that Ndigbo would "pack their loads on their heads again and head East". I'm not so sure about that especially if Nigeria stays one. Now, a divided Nigeria is another matter.

In any case I've come to be a one Nigerianist to the core. I really think that Nigeria is tailor-made for Ndigbo by God himself.
All we need to do is cage Islamic extremism, or restructure the regions for greater autonomy. Methinks that even the North would realise that extreme Islam is not in its interest, and would eventually opt for Turkey styled Islam rather than Afghani styled one.

Whatever the case may be, Nigeria's destiny as the de facto leader of Africa and the black nations of the earth should be bolstered by smart folks.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by cjrane: 2:57am On Jul 06, 2013
[size=17pt]He that has ear should listen[/size]!lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 06, 2013
ndu_chucks: In a way, the effect of this zero demand for Nigeria's oil by the USA, is over exaggerated by the OP and others. The Chinese are more than ready to replace the US as the primary importer of Nigeria's oil.

If people are planning to breakup Nigeria anytime soon, they should be prepared to fight against the great Nigerian Armed forces and sophisticated Chinese weapons of war.
I don't know how long it would take a tanker to navigate the high seas all the way from Nigeria to China. By the time we factor the distance and the fact that the Chinese would have to leave other oil producers in Europe and the middle east to come all the way to Africa. They would want our oil for a dirt cheap price.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by fkaz(m): 9:20am On Jul 06, 2013
saxywale:
I don't know how long it would take a tanker to navigate the high seas all the way from Nigeria to China. By the time we factor the distance and the fact that the Chinese would have to leave other oil producers in Europe and the middle east to come all the way to Africa. They would want our oil for a dirt cheap price.

Onpoint
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by DonTim1: 10:01am On Jul 06, 2013
nhmmm
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by thoth: 10:24am On Jul 06, 2013
saxywale:

It does not work that way, a capitalist only thinks about the cost of Operations, and if that cost is more lesser than getting from middle east then they will go to the end of the world to get it. when hell breaks loose in Nigeria the government or anybody that is controlling the oil fields will be willing to sell oil at less than $20 per barrel as long as that guarantees inflow of weapons because he knows that attaining his goal depends on it, being alive depends on it, the moral of his soldiers depends on having enough good weapons and excess ammunitions , to make it worse those vampire nations will propose to whomever controls the oil fields deals they could make if he wins the war......then there you have a knot.

No capitalist Chinese or American would ignore the opportunity to make big bucks for little sweat.
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by ACM10: 11:44am On Jul 06, 2013
thoth:

It does not work that way, a capitalist only thinks about the cost of Operations, and if that cost is more lesser than getting from middle east then they will go to the end of the world to get it. when hell breaks loose in Nigeria the government or anybody that is controlling the oil fields will be willing to sell oil at less than $20 per barrel as long as that guarantees inflow of weapons because he knows that attaining his goal depends on it, being alive depends on it, the moral of his soldiers depends on having enough good weapons and excess ammunitions , to make it worse those vampire nations will propose to whomever controls the oil fields deals they could make if he wins the war......then there you have a knot.

No capitalist Chinese or American would ignore the opportunity to make big bucks for little sweat.

Do you think that capitalists will side with non-indigene oil block owners over the indigenes in the event of war? Think again. The first move in the event of war will be land owners taking over their land. This will drive a dagger through the heart of the war effort by the present oil block owners. It's complicated.
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by juman(m): 11:53am On Jul 06, 2013
Thank God o.
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by okewufreg(m): 1:46pm On Jul 06, 2013
OSun labour party to create four hundred thousand job. In 2014 as they win the governorship seat,
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by thoth: 1:48pm On Jul 06, 2013
ACM10:

Do you think that capitalists will side with non-indigene oil block owners over the indigenes in the event of war? Think again. The first move in the event of war will be land owners taking over their land. This will drive a dagger through the heart of the war effort by the present oil block owners. It's complicated.

The capitalist will work with anybody that Controls the oil fields, that is one silly mistake africans make. In congo they went for Mobutu and they funded him till he took over the oil fields, in Somalia they funded the Puntland regiments to take over the oil field, In angola they went for the guys that controled the oil Producing areas.

DURING THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR THEY WENT FOR THE GROUP THAT GURANTEES FREE FLOW OF OIL NOT THE PEOPLE THAT OWNS THE LAND OR EVEN THE PEOPLE THET ARE ON IT FOR ALMOST 18 MONTHS. Now what do you think ?
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by okewufreg(m): 1:51pm On Jul 06, 2013
Governor Rauf Aregbesola should tell the people of Osun the amount of money he as borrowed from bonds and banks.
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by curfew: 2:00pm On Jul 06, 2013
GenBuhari: Many who know me on NL know that am fiercely anti-tribalist, so please understand that what I am about to say, is not in anyway intended raise tribal sentiments, but more of a recognition of the possible tribal reality on the ground.

I have been considering starting a thread advising Igbos to learn from events leading up to the declaration of Biafra in 1967, and to be prepared if such tribal violence /genocide may re-occur.

The reason is because I am concerned that there is a looming crisis in Nigeria and it is to do with imminent collapse of crude oil prices and the likelyhood that oil may become worthless forever. Since oil is the reason that is preventing Nigeria's break up, when oil becomes worthless, there would no reason for Nigeria to stay intact.

In the event that oil prices should crash tomorrow, Nigeria has no alternative source of income and no contingency plan, people may start to starve, riots may start and wholesale tribal violence may ensue.

Igbos should start planning for this eventuality and plan for safe evacuation of their lives , businesses and property from possible hostile regions of Nigeria in the event that massacres of Igbos break out.

The US predicted Nigeria would break-up by 2015, you may ask how can they be so sure?
Well I was shocked to learn that US are now self sufficient in oil and together with Saudi Arabia, they now have the capacity to control when the oil price crash occurs.

The US and Saudis are artificially keeping oil prices high whilst US oil companies quietly sell off all their oil blocks and repatriate their profits out of Nigeria.

I hope it does not ever come to such a crisis but it would be advisable for Igbos to start planning for safe evacuation should a crisis turn genocidal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBQTKrEjYy4

@op you simply lack information. go to these websites:

www.radiobiafra.co

www.biliehumanrights.org

www.peopleofbiafra.org

www.freedomvoicemedia.com
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by ACM10: 2:26pm On Jul 06, 2013
thoth:

The capitalist will work with anybody that Controls the oil fields, that is one silly mistake africans make. In congo they went for Mobutu and they funded him till he took over the oil fields, in Somalia they funded the Puntland regiments to take over the oil field, In angola they went for the guys that controled the oil Producing areas.

DURING THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR THEY WENT FOR THE GROUP THAT GURANTEES FREE FLOW OF OIL NOT THE PEOPLE THAT OWNS THE LAND OR EVEN THE PEOPLE THET ARE ON IT FOR ALMOST 18 MONTHS. Now what do you think ?

Two can play the game my dear. We are no more in the age of ignorance. Everybody is aware of factors that influence the international politics. The events you cited happened during the cold war era. The world has changed since then. The oil owners can give the superpowers a better deal if they play the politics well.
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by Dibiachukwu: 7:09pm On Jul 06, 2013
Igbos live amongst your people!
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by thoth: 7:47pm On Jul 06, 2013
ACM10:

Two can play the game my dear. We are no more in the age of ignorance. Everybody is aware of factors that influence the international politics. The events you cited happened during the cold war era. The world has changed since then. The oil owners can give the superpowers a better deal if they play the politics well.
there is something that is called Post-factor analysis. It is the analysis of a group and what they might become in the future if they achieve their aim. Believe before any capitalist nation or company engage you in such transaction they must have done a Pf on you in order to find out how useful you will still be after the war, believe me if they ever perceive one way or another that you will not continue to be exploited after the war, that you will not become a puppet state for them, that you will not allow them the total unhinged freedom to pillage you they will not choose to support you. Before you start thinking of how you might convince them let me inform you that is a Pf is done independent of what you said or promised and 80% of data used is gotten from events and general perception of the target group before the event(war) that instigated the need. So if a Pf is done for example on nigeria no south south or south east group will ever be supported since it is very unlikely that these groups will be stupid enough to allow themselves to exploited once they have achieved their goal, secondly the high unpredictability of these group also makes it a bad choice. It is all about business.
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by ACM10: 8:17pm On Jul 06, 2013
thoth:
there is something that is called Post-factor analysis. It is the analysis of a group and what they might become in the future if they achieve their aim. Believe before any capitalist nation or company engage you in such transaction they must have done a Pf on you in order to find out how useful you will still be after the war, believe me if they ever perceive one way or another that you will not continue to be exploited after the war, that you will not become a puppet state for them, that you will not allow them the total unhinged freedom to pillage you they will not choose to support you. Before you start thinking of how you might convince them let me inform you that is a Pf is done independent of what you said or promised and 80% of data used is gotten from events and general perception of the target group before the event(war) that instigated the need. So if a Pf is done for example on nigeria no south south or south east group will ever be supported since it is very unlikely that these groups will be stupid enough to allow themselves to exploited once they have achieved their goal, secondly the high unpredictability of these group also makes it a bad choice. It is all about business.

In the post 9-11 world. The so-called post factor analysis can never favour those that are predisposed or sympathizes with Islamic extremism. Superpowers are now cautious in dealing with such groups. The world has moved on from the age of ignorance and misconception. No superpower will support rabid extremists, who will only send suicide bombers to their country. They are wiser now. Moreover, they are well aware that the age of exploitation has gone. The event of '67 was possible because the mentality of colonialism was still prevalent which was rooted in exploitation. Everyone is wiser now. Equal partnership with mutual benefit is the rule of the game now.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by Lasinoh: 8:44pm On Jul 06, 2013
Sooooooooooo. . . what will happen to the ones begging for contracts in ASO ROCK? grin
I mean the ones living in Kaduna and Lagos? grin
I mean the ones that REFUSE to go to BIAFRA or THE WEBSITE CALLED 'NIGERIAN-BIAFRA WORLD'? grin
I mean the ones that can't survive without NL. . . .

Wahala dey o!

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by ACM10: 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2013
^
This psychiatric patient. They've left you off the hook again. Better go back and complete your drug regimen.
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by Rhino5dm: 11:22pm On Jul 06, 2013
Lasinoh: Sooooooooooo. . . what will happen to the ones begging for contracts in ASO ROCK? grin
I mean the ones that REFUSE to go to BIAFRA or THE WEBSITE CALLED 'NIGERIAN-BIAFRA WORLD'? grin

Wahala dey o!

My darling is back!!! shocked cool
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 11:25pm On Jul 06, 2013
Lasinoh: Sooooooooooo. . . what will happen to the ones begging for contracts in ASO ROCK? grin

Wahala dey o!

Calloti Harloti where you dey since
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by birdman(m): 12:34am On Jul 07, 2013
ACM10:

In the post 9-11 world. The so-called post factor analysis can never favour those that are predisposed or sympathizes with Islamic extremism. Superpowers are now cautious in dealing with such groups. The world has moved on from the age of ignorance and misconception. No superpower will support rabid extremists, who will only send suicide bombers to their country. They are wiser now. Moreover, they are well aware that the age of exploitation has gone. The event of '67 was possible because the mentality of colonialism was still prevalent which was rooted in exploitation. Everyone is wiser now. Equal partnership with mutual benefit is the rule of the game now.

How do you explain arming Syrian and Libyan rebels

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by tpia5: 2:09am On Jul 07, 2013
hmmm, well its always good to prepare for any eventuality i guess.
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by bittyend(m): 3:06am On Jul 07, 2013
I can't believe Ibos are still on this. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by Nobody: 3:47am On Jul 07, 2013
I think this alarm is unnecessary and misplaced. Yes, there'll be some transitory hardship If oil dries in Nigeria. But the speculation of chaos and anarchy is misplaced. What I think will happen is that the country will be FORCED to readjust and restructure. Taxation will become the biggest revenue source for govt at all level. The much talked about fiscal federalism and devolution of powers will be easily achieved if oil dries up. And if govt at all levels will depend on taxation for its sustenance, it is difficult to understand why any part of the country will be hostile to non-indigens. It doesnt add up. In fact, the reverse should be the case. Aggressive drive for tourism and investments will be the order of the day.
Re: Why Igbos Living Outside Igboland Should Start Planning For Break-up Of Nigeria by thoth: 6:39am On Jul 07, 2013
ACM10:

9/11 happened in USA , USA sponsored and armed the extremist that destroyed Libya, USA sponsored and armed the same extremist that is trying to destroy Syria, killing priest christians, women and children, the same arms that they supplied is what is used on US here in Nigeria. Don't be suprised that in the future the USA will openly support Boko Haram.
Nothing on earth is equal and there is no sort of equality between nations, europe is a puppet of USA no matter the face they put up. Other countries are .... well puppets or rogues.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ISRAEL Bombs and Wipe Out 4 Young Palestinian Boys Playing On Gaza Beach / Buhari's Intonation As He Speaks During Presidential Rally / Rumour Has It That Akpabio Is Dead: Not True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.