Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,504 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal (38631 Views)

Emir Sanusi Prays At The Tomb Of Murtala Muhammed (Pic) / Corpse Of Murtala Muhammed In 1976 (pix) / Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by bittyend(m): 3:18am On Jul 07, 2013
The worst terminal at the Heathrow airport looks better than this.

Nigerians and their celebration of redundant non-achievements smh.

Poverty is evil! undecided
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by sambos994(m): 3:29am On Jul 07, 2013
bittyend: The worst terminal at the Heathrow airport looks better than this.

Give some credit....when was the last time anyone did anything about this airport?
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by mensdept: 4:48am On Jul 07, 2013

Exactly

sambos994:

Give some credit....when was the last time anyone did anything about this airport?

What credit? So if the government added one new toilet you will ready to clap your hands and go to church to join one Pastor" to dance abi?
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by babaowo: 4:56am On Jul 07, 2013
crisycent: I came back to 9ja last month and i wonder why the AC still doesn't work. What a shame.
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by sambos994(m): 5:44am On Jul 07, 2013
mens dept:

Exactly

What credit? So if the government added one new toilet you will ready to clap your hands and go to church to join one Pastor" to dance abi?

Again....when was the last time someone did something about this airport?
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Nobody: 6:02am On Jul 07, 2013
Crap!
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Nobody: 6:06am On Jul 07, 2013

Very true.. I dont blame most people thou. When they have been starved of real developments, small things like a working carousel will be a big achievement and it would automatically mean the government na action administration.

Shame indeed
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by plaindealer: 6:21am On Jul 07, 2013
sambos994:

Again....when was the last time someone did something about this airport?

Still not a sensible or credible excuse to acquire debt just to renovate airports. Where is the sense and wisdom in acquiring debt to fix what you can not manage or maintain? It's obvious that they are lousy managers of public infrastructures. What kind of government runs around begging for money to renovate airports? How shameful and pathetic..

Privatization remains a better option.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by ewet: 6:34am On Jul 07, 2013
plaindealer:

Still not a sensible or credible excuse to acquire debt just to renovate airports. Where is the sense and wisdom in acquiring debt to fix what you can not manage or maintain? It's obvious that they are lousy managers of public infrastructures. What kind of government runs around begging for money to renovate airports? How shameful and pathetic..

Privatization remains a better option.

Don't mind the mindless mediocrity apostles.Govts arund the world are settling for the PPP option for insfractructure devt we are still goin to borrow money to build common airport terminals and these fools see nothng wrong in tht.

Govts arund the world are making ways to trim their sizes ours is busy taking on responsibilities it cannot handle all in the name of people seeing govt to be evrywhr. Its because of these kind of people we hav bin suffrin 4rm mediocrity in governance where thy see governance as an oppurtuinity and not call to national duty.
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by ewet: 6:40am On Jul 07, 2013
Shine u Eye:

Stop arriving through the back door

And wht sense is there in wht you just posted.The conveyor belts were just installed not too long ago. I rather you shuld not be the one marvelling over mundane thngs like mere airport refurbishmnt of an airport.

Thank God, now carry your economic school and jump in the river

Can you even depict simple intelligence. I bet this is the first time you are hearing the term "economic school". If you need help lets knw we will be glad to help anoda retardeen out!
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by ewet: 6:42am On Jul 07, 2013
karl max: bros leave the guy! The young man na. Epitome of ignorance. E fit tell u say na fashola or private sector build am.

then who built MM2 if i may ask?
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by plaindealer: 6:51am On Jul 07, 2013
ewet:

Don't mind the mindless mediocrity apostles.Govts arund the world are settling for the PPP option for insfractructure devt we are still goin to borrow money to build common airport terminals and these fools see nothng wrong in tht.

Govts arund the world are making ways to trim their sizes ours is busy taking on responsibilities it cannot handle all in the name of people seeing govt to be evrywhr. Its because of these kind of people we hav bin suffrin 4rm mediocrity in governance where thy see governance as an oppurtuinity and not call to national duty.

Look at Abuja stadium? They are throwing money at it to get it fixed after letting it rot. This is how they do things, they let things rot and throw money at it to get it fixed and again let it rot and again throw more money at it all over again to get it fixed..

It's just sad and disheartening that we have such senseless and corrupt people running the country.
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by easik: 7:57am On Jul 07, 2013
I was there the past April, it felt like a third world country in there.
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by tzetzefly(m): 8:45am On Jul 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

By the way, I've been a fan of Barca for over 6yrs now so I know how it feels to be with a WINNING TEAM.

That's the only area i agree with you on....
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by clint77ng: 9:28am On Jul 07, 2013
chei: GEJ's government is really putting our national funds to good use.
Railway, airport, university, power . . . Which other president has done better? Answer correctly and win free gifts!
God bless u and ur generation.
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by clint77ng: 9:31am On Jul 07, 2013
[quote
author=mens dept]

Exactly

What credit? So if the government added one new toilet you will ready to
clap your hands and go to church to join one Pastor" to dance
abi?[/quote]When was d last time a new toilet was added to the toilet? jealousy. ndi obi akpo. The Egyptians.
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by dolphinife: 9:48am On Jul 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
There's nothing as sweet as being on the side of the WINNING TEAM. I have NEVER supported any Nigeria politician (at the federal level) all my life. GEJ is the first and maybe the last.

I fell in love with GEJ from day one and the rest is history. The turning point was his sacking of Prof Maurice Iwu (I so much hated that man) and bringing on board of Prof Jega. I knew without doubt that ANY politician who insists (in deeds and words) on credible elections MUST perform.

All the while, I had no doubt that GEJ would deliver and would eventually become the FATHER of modern Nigeria. I was abused, blackmailed, persecuted, prosecuted, cursed, insulted and almost killed on NL for staying with my convictions. But day after day, my position is being vindicated.

I have been accused of being a paid agent. But that is a baseless accusation. I'm not being paid. Besides the fact that I ENJOY the fight that goes on here, my positions are born out of SINCERE convictions and GOOD conscience. Not that it is wrong or bad to be paid but the TRUTH is that I'm not being paid.

Also, I have no doubt my pay or rewards will come in the railway projects that will SOON be completed and commissioned across the country, the improving quality of federal roads, the Second Niger Bridge, Enugu International Airport, improved quality of the health sector, stable power supply,etc. For me, those are the things that matter.

By the way, I've been a fan of Barca for over 6yrs now so I know how it feels to be with a WINNING TEAM.

FRESH AIR everywhere you turn!

Point of observation sire, have you ever been told that under GEJ, air crash/mishap experienced upward progression? Between 2009 when GEJ became d acting presido and May,2013, the air crashes between that period dwarf the crashes experienced under sanni abacha and OBJ administrations.

If not for the population of Nigeria that is sustaining our airports, our airports would have packed down and collapse. Under GEJ, airlines continue to die one after the other despite the astronomical intervention money released to the airlines, yet no culprit has been brought to book.

FYI sire, in case you dnt knw, no local airports in Nigeria would you see any aeroplane landing by 9.00pm because of poor visibility and deficient facilities to aid navigation of aeroplanes by night.

FYI sir, all the airports in Nigeria, minus Lagos and Abuja, the rest combined does not measure up to Kotoka airport in Ghana despite billions of Naira spent on them for re-modelling. For your information sir, have you ever been told that the expatriates pilots will never fly to any local airports in Nigeria except Lagos, abuja, uyo, kano and PHC, reason being that dey've lost confidence at d level of poor infrastructures at d airports.

In case you dnt knw sir, up till dis minute, there is no single functioning AC or ceiling fan at d international airport of Lagos(MMA), PHC and Kano? In case you dnt knw sir, jimoh ibrahim collapse air nigeria despite collecting over 30billion naira for re-fleeting of air nigeria aeroplanes frm AMCON, yet, he's still walking the street of Lagos and d money still with him, apparently, he's one of those guys dat sponsored Jonathan financially to aso rock......

Sir, d least goes on and on. These facts might be wrong. Or fallacy to you, but that is the fact I can tell you cos I work with NCAA
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by jjcbuthot: 10:02am On Jul 07, 2013
I can see some of the commentators here are villagers.

What GEJ admin did there was just a cosmetic upgrade - changing tiles and covering the walls with allum plates, etc.

Nothing still work in the airport. No expansion, the air condition doesnt work, parts of the airport still smelling like dumping ground, the conveyor belt still old and none functioning, etc.

When you travel out of your villages, you will know what an airport should like in this age and time.
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 07, 2013
jjcbuthot: I can see some of the commentators here are villagers.

What GEJ admin did there was just a cosmetic upgrade - changing tiles and covering the walls with allum plates, etc.

Nothing still work in the airport. No expansion, the air condition doesnt work, parts of the airport still smelling like dumping ground, the conveyor belt still old and none functioning, etc.

When you travel out of your villages, you will know what an airport should like in this age and time.

Both the 'E' and 'D' wings of the terminal are being expanded.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 07, 2013
CFCfan:

Both the 'E' and 'D' wings of the terminal are being expanded.

There are wings ? I never knew
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by moodswing(m): 11:13am On Jul 07, 2013
0lumide: Average man never chop, na to dey invest in airport and all sort of amenities that only benefits those rich enough to afford them.. We will all die in chaos if the govt keeps neglecting the poor..

Unfortunate opinion.

If you don't know what to write next time, just like the post and move on ok?.
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Rossikk(m): 11:24am On Jul 07, 2013

Dummy. We should use 4 billion dollars to build a new Heathrow and another 4 billion dollars a year to maintain it, and let schools, hospitals, roads etc go to the dogs. I think making these topics fp opens them up to abuse by all sorts of compound illiterates like yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by moodswing(m): 11:54am On Jul 07, 2013
Rossikk: Dummy. We should use 4 billion dollars to build a new Heathrow and another 4 billion dollars a year to maintain it, and let schools, hospitals etc go to the dogs. I think making these topics fp opens them up to abuse by all sorts of compound illiterates like yourself.

Thank you. School him.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by taharqa2: 3:30pm On Jul 07, 2013
jjcbuthot: I can see some of the commentators here are villagers.

How do sm of you peeps Manage to 'carry' LIES effortlessly in yr mouths like dis??
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by mensdept: 8:07pm On Jul 07, 2013
Rossikk: Dummy. We should use 4 billion dollars to build a new Heathrow and another 4 billion dollars a year to maintain it, and let schools, hospitals, roads etc go to the dogs. I think making these topics fp opens them up to abuse by all sorts of compound illiterates like yourself.

Yes

In fact you should use 4 billion to build a better airport in this day and age. Do you know that Heathrow is bringing in more CASH for England than Oxford and the likes. Having a very modern and functional airport is a basic gateway to development and the "dummy" that you are referring too is actually smarter than you
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by mamagee3(f): 4:02am On Jul 08, 2013
Looks nice!!!
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by ewet: 7:50am On Jul 08, 2013
plaindealer:

Look at Abuja stadium? They are throwing money at it to get it fixed after letting it rot. This is how they do things, they let things rot and throw money at it to get it fixed and again let it rot and again throw more money at it all over again to get it fixed..

It's just sad and disheartening that we have such senseless and corrupt people running the country.

I concur 100%,please let those retardeens on NL knw how muc damage govt is doing to the country.
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Ifymathez: 7:57am On Jul 08, 2013
I arrived dat airport on wednesday but dnt Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ those facilities Ɣ☺ΰ posted. =))•´¨) 
¸.•´ ¸.ℓoℓ •*¨) ¸.•*¨)
‎​=)) ¸¸.•´=D(¸.•´(¸.• =))...
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Iko5000: 1:38pm On Jul 08, 2013
Which airlines will be using that terminal ?
I will do my own personal inspection in October when I land in town cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by jcccccc: 2:40pm On Jul 08, 2013
Lets remember the minister that GEJ appointed that is doing this work

Like DORA AKUNYILI, Like CHRIS NGIGE, Like CHARLES SOLUDO, Like OBY EZEKWESILI, Like EARNEST NDUKWE.

Anambra state has got the brightest administrators in black africa. Why are these haters hating instead of loving the best of black africans.

Like ANAMBRA stars and ANAMBRA people in general learn to marry from ANAMBRA so that we can preserve this ANAMBRA TRIBE.
Lets not let them die.
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by jcccccc: 4:38pm On Jul 08, 2013

Like STELLA ODUA the Anambra Princess, Like DORA AKUNYILI, Like CHRIS NGIGE, Like CHARLES SOLUDO, Like OBY EZEKWESILI, Like EARNEST NDUKWE.

Anambra state has got the brightest administrators in black africa. Why are these haters hating instead of loving the best of black africans. The same woman you people from the haters state in the south east with your tout APC governor wanted GEJ to sack.

Like ANAMBRA stars and ANAMBRA people in general learn to marry from ANAMBRA so that we can preserve this ANAMBRA TRIBE.
Lets not let them die
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by jcccccc: 4:59pm On Jul 08, 2013

Like [color=#990000]STELLA ODUA
the Anambra Princess, Like DORA AKUNYILI, Like CHRIS NGIGE, Like CHARLES SOLUDO, Like OBY EZEKWESILI, Like EARNEST NDUKWE.

Anambra state has got the brightest administrators in black africa. Why are these haters hating instead of loving the best of black africans. The same woman you people from the haters state in the south east with your tout APC governor wanted GEJ to sack.

Let ANAMBRA stars and ANAMBRA people in general learn to marry from ANAMBRA so that we can preserve this ANAMBRA TRIBE.
Lets not let them die.[/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Throwback Photos Of Buhari With Serving Corpers At His Daura Home Many Years Ago / Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team / How Obama Influenced The Sacking Of Service Chiefs – Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.