Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan (12661 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: Okorocha Appeals To Buhari To Intervene / Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene / PDP Raises Alarm Over Fresh Plot To Remove Fayose; Begs Buhari To Intervene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by Bismarck10(m): 8:10pm On Jul 06, 2013
Politics
Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 06, 2013
I can nw see d cause of our undevelopment..pls if I may ask why were they voted for in d first instance...it seems dey are doing us a favour by doing what dey are supposed to do..we celebrate mediocrity..if u and I do not shun ethnicity and tribalism.Nigeria will not develop..NB.I'm not in support of any political party.

1 Like

Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by ilebaami: 9:29pm On Jul 06, 2013
musiwa29: Intervene . britain built the first road.. from lagos to ibadan.

as i am speaking to you in the year of our lord 2013. the queen is still the head of western nigeria

this is carter bridge. you can see all nigeria govt did was remove walkway. painted it new. and claim it is a new bridge. this is the scam that as been going on. britain built it in 1901. you can go and mesure the width.

jonathan is not rebuilding this road, he just comes to take pictures and for the next 10 years the road will remain the same. this is what they have been doing to our people we are feed up.

the ibadan to ilorin expressway road. the road was built because i openly ask olusegun obasanjo to build the road. that what will they remember him for.

look at carter bridge built in 1901...

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/632758_Carter_Bridge_2_jpga063d18fee6320ad029d4c32bea7386d[/img]
You got it wrong. The original Carter Bridge was dismembered piece by piece and taken away while we watched. You lie effortlessly.
Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by Olamoses76: 9:30pm On Jul 06, 2013
Nigerian Youth are expecting something reasonable more than that, from Federal Government e.g Mass Job Employement like God's Will Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State did for National Youth Council of Nigeria of the State Chapter.
Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by Vitalis13(m): 10:17pm On Jul 06, 2013
Just beside my calculator, 127km for 167billion naira. Hmmm, that's more than 1billion naira for every 1km... If you are an auditor and you see that in a company's books, will you accept it? Just saying..
Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by ewet: 10:25pm On Jul 06, 2013
Vitalis13: Just beside my calculator, 127km for 167billion naira. Hmmm, that's more than 1billion naira for every 1km... If you are an auditor and you see that in a company's books, will you accept it? Just saying..

And considering the fact tht its just refurbishment and expansion and not building from scratch. Mehn tht cost is obviously mind buggling.
Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by guy1234: 11:14pm On Jul 06, 2013
Dem dey craze. Shey na him papa money he wan take do the road. Dem comot anything from him salary join d project money ni? Abi wetin be the faviur the fool do us sef. If dem like make dem leave am. Them go even steal like 30% of the budget sef. Wetin come be d noise? So na favour ur papa do u,if he provide food for house for him family?
Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by Jeboy(m): 12:09am On Jul 07, 2013
The same you will complaint if it was not done so why won't you acknowledge when it is now done. For those saying 1km of road cost more than 1billion naira, its either you don't have idea of what civil engr is or you are just a natural complainer.There are may activities that will come to play more than just laying d roads.There will be survey, clearing of bush parts, filling of pathways, drainage at some points so me think d cost is reasonable and beside d amount is spelt out so if the cost is outrageous Berger would not want to soil their reputation.
Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by chocknolis(m): 12:36am On Jul 07, 2013
Tolexander: and what will my optimism do about the project?

Give who the credit for motivation?

Guess you've forgotten the presidency is not a ceremonial post. But a post of constitutional duty!

Am not a slave!

even though it is the duty of my dad to provide food and other necessities, i still thank him when he has done so
Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by kolexy(m): 3:07am On Jul 07, 2013
P.Stacks:
1. I am angry that the major share of the contract went to RCC. Everybody knows Julius Berger for their level of engineering proficiency. Julius berger should havd gotten all or the lion share. But its ok the part julius berger has, because upto shagamu, traffic reduces as some face Ijebu-ode and others face Ibadan.

2. I'm happy everything has a lot to opening Ogun State to the world , I'm glad my state Goverrnor has been seen in positive light.. Very gentle soft spoken man. U needed to see his wife speak on channels tv.. Very polished woman. Speaks like she's queen of England.
Ogun state would get a new lease of life.

3. I'm happy GEJ is not being detracted by his detractors and is just delievering on transformational agenda.. This is a massive transformation for Nigeria. I'm happy GEJ is right on course.. He might appear soft and slow. But everybody has their own style.. Slow and steady surely wins a race.

4. I'm happy GEJ a PDP man is seeing GOOD in my Governor an ACN man.. That's speaks volume of both characters...

Lastly I'm very happy that road is going to take only 48 months, so 2015 is already inviting GEJ. GEJ doesn't want it but 2015 is already wanting him..

This alone, if its true oooo!!!!!, walahi, GEJ already has my 2015 vote. If its not, I will hold my vote to myself atleast to know my power is in my pocket..

The person I'l give my power to in 2015 must better be an angel.
If electricity improves B4 2015 to say 8,000 mega watts and only this Lagos-Ibadan road is repaired.. My vote is already taking its direction. Not party but personality. Sai jonathan.. Jonathan sa ka yi..

How does speaking like Queen of England translate to improve welfare for thec people of Ogun state.
Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by bittyend(m): 3:16am On Jul 07, 2013
The moronic leader should be thrown into the bottomless pit.

He doesn't deserve to lead donkeys!

Still don't know how he became the leader of the most populous black country in the world! undecided
Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by toni68: 5:25am On Jul 07, 2013
Why did the governors of oyo and lagos states not attend the flag off ceremony?are they still playing politics of govs forum election?Am disappointed
Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by kraftykc(m): 6:01am On Jul 07, 2013
lacasa: Going by some comments here, it seems that the nigerian masses r so alien to public servants doing their jobs that they now see it as favors apparently wen they come out to commission the work grin

Mental Enslavement no good wallahi cry

My brother, take my hand and shake it abeg. The Nigerian populace deserves all the hardship it gets. How can we just forget that it is this same Jonathan that raised the pump price after new year when people were stuck in their villages, then unleashed the army and police on protesters?
Is it not this same Jonathan that does not give a damn about declaring assets? Is it not this Jonathan that cancelled the initial election when the PDP suffered some earth shaking loses and bought out the next?
Is it not this Jonathan that came into office with so much goodwill from all parts of the country yet in 100 days Nigerians were back to gnashing teeth?
Jonathan of the billion naira feeding allocation? Jona the big fish?
GEJ who wines and dines with Tompolo and Asari but shouts down the advice of Ezekwesili, Ribadu and Kukah?
This weak President that stuttered in front of the CNN cameras?
I wonder if it this Jona that brought the Power Road map that SAID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and spends billions of dollars on it?
This Jona that allows that cretin seat as oil minister even though she has missed all targets she SET HERSELF? Turnaround maintenance? Local production? No more queues?

Now talking about this road of 128KM to cost 167billion means 1.3billion per kilometer. FUCCCK any turd that tells me that is a reasonable proposition.
Is it this same GEJ we are talking about...I say screw the President and his minions.

1 Like

Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by KoladeArow(m): 6:08am On Jul 07, 2013
kutchs:
Woh I can‘t believe staying abroad has become an achievement to be proud of. That shows how retarded you are.
Why do I need to stay abroad when I am doing so well for myself here in Nigeria? Anyway when you are done picking tomatoes in Maldini‘s garden in Venice pls come back home and see the progress your mates and juniors at home have made.
I say it again, there‘s nothing you and your ilks can do if Jonathan refuses or fails to do the road other than rant senselessly on nairaland.
Tmeans u're still nt getting my point cos u're already taking dis 2 another level, i was trying 2 imagine hw u would av felt if u c d development rate of some countries abroad and yet they still clamour 4 meritocracy. Here u are celebrating what some pple are designated to do, wake up 4rm ur slumber man
Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by kraftykc(m): 6:24am On Jul 07, 2013
kolexy:

How does speaking like Queen of England translate to improve welfare for thec people of Ogun state.

It may not improve welfare directly, but I know how speaking like Patience Jonathan can damage human relations irreplaceably.
Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by playmode(m): 8:04am On Jul 07, 2013
[size=15pt]Intervene? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided What is this fisherman smoking undecided

How can you intervene in the construction of a road that"belong" to you?

Intervene ko,eggovin ni! Yeye goat wey dey call himself President.
[/size]
Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by playmode(m): 8:08am On Jul 07, 2013
Lordave: stop being pessimistic about this project. All you have to do is just give him (GEJ) some credits and he'll be motivated to do more.

[size=15pt]Shut up! Did you elect him to give him credit or to serve you? So he is waiting for us to give him credit first before he does his job.It is brain dead monkeys like you that make this country what it is today : The largest failed Nigger nation angry[/size]
Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by chukwumafabian(m): 8:10am On Jul 07, 2013
bittyend: The moronic leader should be thrown into the bottomless pit.

He doesn't deserve to lead donkeys!

Still don't know how he became the leader of the most populous black country in the world! undecided
As much u av every right to dislike him. I bliv u ought to express every form of criticism in a constructive manner.lyk or hate him,he is d president of this country n most importantly he is somebody's father,brother n uncle,imagine what u will feel lyk if a nobody like u call ur fada a slowpoke.I hate using words lyk dis bt I must say dis, I tink ur fada is a bigger slowpoke for not training his kids. If I may ask,were is he nw with all his wisdom? If he were a tenth as suxexful as GEJ u wunt b here spiting bullshit
Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 07, 2013
1.2 billion Naira per Kilometre to renovate a Road?? its obviously excessive,all you people saying the contrary;you and i know the truth of the matter. about giving credit,i think he ought to be commended but in a very lowkey way,afterall this is just the flag off of the Project,when he completes it we'll commend him of our own accord;tell him "well done" not "thank you" as some people here and he seem to expect when he says he "intervened".
Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by DaLover(m): 9:47am On Jul 07, 2013
playmode: [size=15pt]Intervene? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided What is this fisherman smoking undecided

How can you intervene in the construction of a road that"belong" to you?

Intervene ko,eggovin ni! Yeye goat wey dey call himself President.
[/size]

Intervene...yes because the previous contract was not working so the govt had to intervene
Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by DaLover(m): 9:59am On Jul 07, 2013
I am very worried about how the govt is funding all these projects it is running...
The FG earns an average of $27b an year and and only this road is gulping $1b is 48 months or
$500m per year...
Keep in mind that there are several other parallel projects

This brings into question the system of over dependence on 9ja delta oil and refusal of the general Nigerian populace to move from a system of sharing funds to a system of contributing to funding the FG..
At the rate we are going it won't be sustainable for very long
Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by Tolexander: 10:11am On Jul 07, 2013
chocknolis:

even though it is the duty of my dad to provide food and other necessities, i still thank him when he has done so
do you pay any money to your father to give you the food and the necessities?
Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by bantonservices(m): 12:55pm On Jul 07, 2013
That's good to hear
Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by Lordave: 2:37pm On Jul 07, 2013
playmode:

[size=15pt]Shut up! Did you elect him to give him credit or to serve you? So he is waiting for us to give him credit first before he does his job.It is brain dead monkeys like you that make this country what it is today : The largest failed Nigger nation angry[/size]
keep ranting
Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by jacobs123(m): 5:50pm On Jul 07, 2013
Vitalis13: Just beside my calculator, 127km for 167billion naira. Hmmm, that's more than 1billion naira for every 1km... If you are an auditor and you see that in a company's books, will you accept it? Just saying..
ewet:

And considering the fact tht its just refurbishment and expansion and not building from scratch. Mehn tht cost is obviously mind buggling.

ewet:

jacobs123:

The cost is still better than Tinubu and Fashola's LCC road which was to cost N50 billion for ~49KM. It was also given to a contractor (HITECH) that basically learnt and bought its equipment on the job. If this road also gets done in 4 years which is quite possible with Julius Berger then PDP would have scored a good one over ACN. Kudos to Amosun, he didn't allow the beaf get in the way.
If GEJ manages to do this and fix power, Nigerian will have no choice than to allow him a second term of 4 years to do nothing but STEAL which is what I think has always been the ACN style. Wow them in 1st 4 years, steal them blind in next 4 years.
Compare the terrains of both projects and complexities involved. The Lekki-Epe highway is a very quality road and i am waiting to see hw quality the Lagos-Ibadan 1 will be.

I will admit that I don't what the cost of a Kilometer of Road should be in Nigeria but if we consider the Poster Boy of Tinubu/Fashola's achievement which is the Lekki-Epe Road, then the contract cost for Lagos ibadan Road is justifiable. I 'ld say they have similar scope but Lagos-Ibadan is obviously more complex than Lekki-Epe Road. The PDP contract was also given to established contractors with track record but ACN contract was given to "The Boyz" with no equipment or track record. The ACN contract even though several years behind schedule (obviously there must be cost over-run) is clearly a poor job with few potholes already and many uneven surfaces.
Re: Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: FG Had To Intervene – Jonathan by Youngtekkey(m): 6:09pm On Jul 07, 2013
rubbish upon rubbish jonathan the man that i see great future in the man i think is the messiah of this country nigeria when he was campaigning then until wen i see the hard policy and the lack of vision he gat now am wise

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

21,084 police officers, 3 helicopters for Anambra governorship election / PDP Vs APC: What Turaki Told Fayose In Ekiti / Bandits Abduct Over 100 Miners, Kill 10 In Zamfara – Emir Of Anka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.