Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene (25395 Views)

Wike Leads Delegation Of Rulers To Sultan Of Sokoto's Palace (Photos) / Don't Shut Down Imo Okorocha Begs Labour Over Sacked 3'000 Workers / Imo Tribunal: Okorocha May Be Shown Way Out Of Office, Begs Traditional Rulers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 03, 2015

Apparently disturbed by the weight of the petition filed by the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Imo State, Chief Emeka Ihedioha against the state governor, Chief Rochas Okorocha at the state governorship election petition tribunal, Okorocha has appealed to the traditional rulers of Mbaise extraction to persuade the petitioner to drop his case.

The governor was also said to have also asked Mbaise monarchs to prevail on the head of Ihedioha's legal team, Chief Mike Ahamba (SAN), an Mbaise man, to withdraw the petition in the interest of the state.

Okorocha challenged the traditional rulers on Thursday, during a meeting with members of the state council of traditional rulers in Owerri, to do everything within their powers to persuade their sons to withdraw the petition.

The 40 traditional rulers who sued the governor were conspicuously absent from the meeting.Governor Rochas Okorocha

Meanwhile, the governor has directed the 40 traditional rulers in the state, who dragged him and the government to court to withdraw the suit without further delay and to also tender an apology, adding that such action amounted to insult and embarrassment to the governor and the government.

The governor said for the 40 traditional rulers to have gone to court against him and the government for no tenable reason, means they must have mistaken his patience, tolerance and respect for the people of the state as weakness.

The 40 traditional rulers had gone to court on ground that the governor had suspended them.

The governor said the traditional rulers were out to malign him and his government because he never suspended the 40 traditional rulers or sacked them or even queried any of them as Eze, and had not taken any action that suggested that he had any plan to go against the traditional rulers and then questioned the rationale behind the traditional rulers taking him to court.

He also explained that the State Council of Traditional Rulers, led by Eze Samuel Ohiri, does not have the right to suspend or remove any Eze from his stool, adding that it was only the governor who has that right, and he had never exercised such right against the traditional rulers in question.

He noted that the leadership of the traditional rulers council only suspended four of their members from the Council and not as Ezes as to begin to suspect that they acted on behalf of the governor or the government.

The governor however directed at the meeting that whatever money that was owed the traditional rulers in the state should be paid within a week and dissolved the traditional ruler’s councils in the Local Government Areas, because their tenures had expired long before now.

Source: http://dailytimes.com.ng/imo-tribunal-okorocha-begs-traditional-rulers-to-intervene/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by oyindare(m): 6:54am On Jul 03, 2015
Just in case
So sick of our kings in nigeria that is why we no dey respect them again oni of ife is now like a fool after the saga of GEJ....waiting yoruba men comments ooooo... grin

1 Like

Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by glimpse33(m): 6:54am On Jul 03, 2015
40 Traditional Rulers (Juju Men) Against One Man

If I Was Rochas, I would step down as Governor for the sake of my dear life!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by hayzed2: 6:55am On Jul 03, 2015
Na today
Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by eyeview: 7:14am On Jul 03, 2015
Oga Rochas! Oga Rochas! No vex but you need to explain to us how the the INEC result sheets for the places you 'won' had most northern states like 'Katsina state' on them than 'Imo state'.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by mike404(m): 7:17am On Jul 03, 2015
MY PEOPLE MY PEOPLE grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by Humorclux: 7:18am On Jul 03, 2015
Rochas get ready to be kicked out of Douglass house

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by Beremx(f): 7:23am On Jul 03, 2015
Rochas will complete his 8years as governor of Imo State, Mbaise or no Mbaise.

God bless Imo state!

6 Likes

Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 03, 2015
my family my family governor.

5 Likes

Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by CharliParker: 7:27am On Jul 03, 2015
Humorclux:
Rochas get ready to be kicked out of Douglass house
Enemies of progress ,for Gods sake They should withdraw that case, Tribunal for what after massive rigging from PDP in Imo State,most of this bribed kings are kings today because of Rochas.

10 Likes

Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by GabrielSuswam(m): 7:28am On Jul 03, 2015
Nice
Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by glord380: 7:29am On Jul 03, 2015
Rochas the only man that never forgives, na those who no kwn u u go tell those things. You took them for granted now u want to use lie and subdue them so you can attack them, my dear our eyes are wide open now no b b4.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by otukpo(f): 7:30am On Jul 03, 2015
So why is he begging now. I thought he said Imo people voted massively for APC.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by PRYCE(m): 7:32am On Jul 03, 2015
Lol!

1 Like

Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by DaGC(m): 8:23am On Jul 03, 2015
I think the law should run its course. Telling people to withdraw their cases from court kinda makes you look guilty of the accusations leveled against you.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by tociano009(m): 9:01am On Jul 03, 2015
Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by Johnnoo(m): 9:02am On Jul 03, 2015
That's madness
Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 03, 2015
What has traditional rulers got to do with our Judiciary? Na wa ooooo #OnlyInNaija

1 Like

Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by generaliy07(m): 9:02am On Jul 03, 2015
Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by Ndkings1(m): 9:03am On Jul 03, 2015
rochas and controversy are allies

4 Likes

Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by harrysterol(m): 9:04am On Jul 03, 2015
Just

2 Likes

Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by jammani(m): 9:04am On Jul 03, 2015
Anytime I see the name okorocha, I immediately remember his public stunts showing on NTA everynight on mondays

Meanwhile

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by anonimi: 9:04am On Jul 03, 2015
Has he paid salaries owed workers while boasting of private jet shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2512867_okoro_jpeg5d9e87716fccbf507fb5833b770aade6

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:05am On Jul 03, 2015
He is begging make una no gree but una must force am pay salaries he owe.

3 Likes

Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 03, 2015
Mtcheeew rochas is a clown. We dnt need Apclown in southeast. Okoroawusa, he is no more relevant to igbos.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by lawal28c: 9:05am On Jul 03, 2015
Bt igbos na Dogs oooo so dem expect say buhari na fool?dem no vote d guy nd dem want post?
Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by Bolsnow(m): 9:05am On Jul 03, 2015
lol yeye dey smell
Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by dataflex: 9:06am On Jul 03, 2015
wonderful!!! so Politicians can be humble too

1 Like

Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by arsetalks(m): 9:06am On Jul 03, 2015
CharliParker:
Enemies of progress ,for Gods sake They should withdraw that case, Tribunal for what after massive rigging from PDP in Imo State,most of this bribed kings are kings today because of Rochas.
If he didn't rig, then he shouldn't be afraid? I am pro APC but pro -the truth, if he has nothing to hide then he should have nothing to fear too.

At least the government of the day at the central is APC hence no fear of PDP using the courts.

8 Likes

Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by sammyj: 9:06am On Jul 03, 2015
Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by ideologies(m): 9:06am On Jul 03, 2015
H
Re: Imo Tribunal: Okorocha Begs Traditional Rulers To Intervene by sdindan: 9:06am On Jul 03, 2015
Continue!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Unbelievable Times Nigerians Were Massively Deceived / 837 Inmates Escape From Oyo Prison, 262 Recaptured / 20,000 APC, NNPP Members Dump Parties, Defect To PDP In Katsina (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.