Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,744 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption (11809 Views)

WAEC Offers Nigeria's Finance Minister Free Form To Re-write Mathematics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by donigspain(m): 12:28pm On Jul 06, 2013
smeagol_gollum: We doesn't wantsss...our nasty thiefsess putses everything in its filthy slimy pocketses angry angry
Sssss

My Precious!!! cry cry
Another character has emerged!

1 Like

Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by K0ala7(m): 12:28pm On Jul 06, 2013
So after 60+ years since humans began exploiting the ability to leave this world for and explore deep space, Europeans still have not realized that you do not offer more food to a hungry, yet greedy tryant because it will only lead to more greed.

My suggestion is that all our 419/yahoo yahoo resources should be devoted towards instilling common sense into the peoples of Europe and whatever other inexplicably retarded, but supposedly advanced nations out there.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by Yungprinzet: 12:30pm On Jul 06, 2013
Jamie b:
Be wary of the Greeks and their gifts. The money aint for fighting corruption as they say bt their own investment which they aim to reap in quantum
plz explain,dnt really get u
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by bizzlemie(m): 12:32pm On Jul 06, 2013
yhemster: This present Government has no right to fight corruption as far as Diepreye Alamieyeseigha is walking freely on Nigeria soil.

So Diepreye Alamieyeseigha is the only corrupt person in Nigeria abi?
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by size38: 12:35pm On Jul 06, 2013
This is laughable indeed. How can EU waste their resources in this manner? If they want to help nigeria fight corruption, they shld begin in their country by seizing all the starched away funds by nigerian politicians in their various countries.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by redcliff: 12:38pm On Jul 06, 2013
Money used to fight corruption would go into corrupt purposes. This is so funny. Lmao!
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by kingthreat(m): 12:39pm On Jul 06, 2013
Maga don pay. My EFCC neighbor go soon build him house finish.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by Napoleonumolo: 12:41pm On Jul 06, 2013
I wonder if na money go fight d corruption? wen na because of money corruption de come.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by redcliff: 12:41pm On Jul 06, 2013
bizzlemie:

So Diepreye Alamieyeseigha is the only corrupt person in Nigeria abi?

That was just a cited example na.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by picoba(m): 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2013
Abba! EU
No other approach?
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by mekaboy(m): 12:43pm On Jul 06, 2013
These pple never talk wetin them dey find for nigeria. US accuse Nigerian govt as corrupt promise to give 7billion for power. EU too carry their own billions give already corrupt govt to fight corruption.

There must be a motive behind this.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by Olaone1: 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2013
EU? Fight corruption? I am sure they want something in return. In fact, it is in their best interest to see to the entrenchment of corruption in Africa.

They want to help you fight corruption yet the spoils of our corrupt practices are stashed away in their banks and other financial institutions.

Y'all should read between the lines jare.

1 Like

Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by riloxy(m): 12:48pm On Jul 06, 2013
justwise: Rubbish, money to fight corruption? This is like giving a thief money to stop stealing
Nigeria matter don pass this description. The thief might consider not to steal again. But as for naija, e be like putting petrol inside fire.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by Messpero(m): 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2013
Well i kept wondering if they are not aware that the money will just go into their pocket.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by Okeikpu(m): 12:53pm On Jul 06, 2013
Ahhhhhhh sad now i know the pple behind our problem... Chai angry we don finish! They're actually paying them more...
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by Lordave: 12:58pm On Jul 06, 2013
IAMBREEZY: just 70 billion in naira...
let me presume that you are right.
So EU is expecting us to fight embezzlers, looters, those who syphon and misappropriate upto N200billion each with just 70billion? They must be out of their minds.
Anyway, thanks for the donation, GEJ should quickly include that money in our cassava bread production.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by smeagolgollum(m): 1:02pm On Jul 06, 2013
donigspain: Another character has emerged!

Getss off!!nasty little thiefs Halflingsss!!
It wants our preciousssss!!
It needs our precious!!!![img]http://cdn.meme.li/images/300x300/8463102.jpg[/img]
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by mckemsoc(m): 1:03pm On Jul 06, 2013
This EU people are bunch of Clowns... Mediocres! They knw exactly d kind of policies they could employ against corrupt individuals/countries yet they prefer fooling themselves by giving more money to them to sqaunder the more.

Mayb their's something they are not telling us... Would they have some shares when d money would b shared among our corrupt leaders? SMFH!
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by Youngzedd(m): 1:03pm On Jul 06, 2013
Chai!

Whose pocket is this money going to land into.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by Youngzedd(m): 1:09pm On Jul 06, 2013
Okeikpu: Ahhhhhhh sad now i know the pple behind our problem... Chai angry we don finish! They're actually paying them more...

EU is actually supporting corruption.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by lacasa: 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2013
These europeans r bastar.ds grin

"Givin lions fresh meat to stop them from eating meat" gringringrin
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2013
How come Nigeria keep getting money from EU and US and yet GEJ is going to China to take a loan...where are all these Money going to...?
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by AbuMikey(m): 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2013
Why all these nau!!.....More corruption in disguise!
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by adrainuche(m): 1:16pm On Jul 06, 2013
EU EU !!! Abeg make una tell FG to return back u people's money !!! Cause the money when u give dem na divide and conquer !!!
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by DrDoGood1(m): 1:17pm On Jul 06, 2013
Giving monkey banana to stop the monkey from eating banana, how does that work?
:
:
:
:
Nothing will stop corruption except formulating strong laws and enforcing them. Now they are against death penalty for arm robbers, I thought they should have canvass that it should be extended to corrupt politicians, this would have help to reduce corruption a bit.

EU.... make me laugh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by Wsdm: 1:31pm On Jul 06, 2013
The best thing to have been done is to come to Nigeria use this money to build at least one modern hospital each in all the 36 states of Nigerian.
On the issue of death penalty;
are they using that money to bribe our corrupt leaders to abrogate death penalties?
Sanction any country that promotes corruption.
But they sponsors bloody civil war and revolution in some countries,
They use their drones to kill innocent people because they are looking for one so-called terrorist. All these are not more than a repentant murderer sentenced to death as a result of his hand work?
Honestly, these "toys" are really feeling themselves because we have truly refused to live like human being.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by amarilo: 1:35pm On Jul 06, 2013
Sometimes I feel that this oyibo people are stupid. More like boosting corruption.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by championeh(m): 1:35pm On Jul 06, 2013
What a great way to fight corruption, putting fuel in a burning fire!
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by Rossikk(m): 1:38pm On Jul 06, 2013
Ola one: EU? Fight corruption? I am sure they want something in return. In fact, it is in their best interest to see to the entrenchment of corruption in Africa.

They want to help you fight corruption yet the spoils of our corrupt practices are stashed away in their banks and other financial institutions.

Y'all should read between the lines jare.
These ones? Do they have brains? The EU itself is a byword for corruption, unaccountability, and waste. Europeans are sick of the organisation. It is this same EU that wants to "fight corruption in Nigeria". Smh.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 06, 2013
iamswizz: paying a corrupt person to fight corruption
You can imagine cheesy
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by 3ace(m): 1:48pm On Jul 06, 2013
When there's a will, there's a way. Forget money incentives.
Re: EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption by PStacks(m): 1:49pm On Jul 06, 2013
That's where people get it wrong. Its not money that fights corruption. Its the will power and willingness of the state. More money is more problem.

I think the whole Idea and concept of money plunged humanity to the level of corruption the world knows today

Money is the root of all evils, money is the evil. People ideology to money is what should change.

Using money to pay for goods and services is the wrongest economic concept that was ever tot of. Barter system would even still have been a better system.. How would u use money to quantify the stress and fatigue a farmer goes thru to produce.. Is it not in this country that one person went to the Nigeria security, printing and mintting Press and printed over how many Billions for himself..

So the guy that just goes to print money for himself and and d guy that just loots from government coffers and the guy that toils day and night in the sun should have d same value in money. Value could be measured in some other form other than Money.

I know money is evil and that's the evil that lives in and the fuel that powers corruption. You can't pour more fuel in a fire and expect to quench it.

Humanity's mentality is that's of slavery tied to money. People worship money.. People kill for money.

So the importance of money should be de-emphasised.
When God made man, I don't think he had the idea of Money in the equation. Man was just to live in the garden, eat fresh fruits and vegetables and fishes and goat meat and all that not to need to buy anything. Or if u needed anything, u used what u produced to exchange for what u want and that was d Barter system, tho it had its own flaws.. When u pay tithe to the priests u bring ur goat as a hunter and I bring my yam as a farmer, but today u bring Money..

Something tells me that Money concept is a wrong concept. I'm not really ground in Human sociology and Psychology, so i can't offer solution tho.

Everybody has a measure of good in him or her but just because Cash is king, anybody that holds the cash becomes the king forgetting that people can hold this cash thru dubious means and leaving other competent people wihtout cash at the mercy of those with cash.

Good people like Dangote and Bill gates can be kings to hold that much cash, but believe me, there are a lot of other people who are almost richer than Dangote and bill gates 2geda but their names would never make forbes list cos its ill gotten wealth. What do we make of such people?

Money is emphasised above excellence in our world today.. It doesn't matter how u get it.. Its who ever has it that's king and that's where the problem lies..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UPDATED: Appeal Court Did Not Order INEC To Accept Zamfara APC Candidates / Food Insecurity, Famine Looming In Nigeria - Edward Kallon Calls For Help / 2023: Governors Move To Secure Tickets For Selves, Associates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.