Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,207 members, 7,811,559 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? (441422 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany, How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by hadassaheke(f): 6:45am On Sep 07, 2023
manneger2:
From what I read here today it seems staying back in Germany after MSc is difficult unlike poland with McDonald job you don get three years residency for poland after MSc, like I want to relocate to Germany from poland but it seems getting a job to stay back in Germany is difficult, omo na waoo.

Whoever said this, is lying.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by BlessedgirlAu: 2:38am On Sep 24, 2023
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by BlessedgirlAu: 2:49am On Sep 24, 2023
Hi Basalt, please I would like to ask some questions but I read on your profile that you can't access pms . I was wondering if there's any other way I can contact you. Awaiting your response. Danke
Basalt:

Lol, I am one year and three months in Germany and my own story is different.
Well, let me start by saying that we all have different ways of seeing things and we are all different.
I really love Germany. I have saved alot of money within my 1yr 3 months of being a student, I mean millions of naira.
Imagine what will happen if I stay for five years here. I see myself really making waves in Germany honestly.
If language is a barrier, then break it, also consider going into the IT field because they demand lesser German and there are more opportunities there too.
My number one priority after my studies is being a German citizen by either getting a professional job or by marriage.
Then after getting my German citizenship, even if I must leave Germany, then it must be in a country with a higher probability of making more money, maybe I can try the USA or Australia but not Canada. Canada is obviously poorer than Germany and their Economy is tied to oil which is declining now in value due to the recent global adoption of renewable energy. I also heard of the high rate of unemployment among educated people without Canadian experience to the extent that many Ph.D. holders drive Taxi to make money. There are many qualified individuals living there due to the express entry and whatever you think you think you know, there are thousands who know it better thereby making the competition higher especially if you don't have Canadian experience.
For me, it is one of the best countries if your aim is permanent residency because they give it faster than most countries, but if your aim is making lots of money, then America and Australia offers a better option.
The cost of living is also very high thereby making you earn to pay bills and save little, and the weather is very cold.

Not trying to discourage you but make sure you do your research very well before jumping from frying pan to fire, it's not easy anywhere and the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by mahesh819: 11:50am On Sep 24, 2023
Surviving as a Nigerian student in Germany, or as an international student in any foreign country, can be challenging, but with proper planning and some strategies, you can make your experience more manageable. Here are some tips on how to survive as a Nigerian student in Germany:

Financial Planning: Before you leave Nigeria, make sure you have a clear financial plan. Consider tuition fees, living expenses, and unexpected costs. You might be eligible for scholarships or grants, so explore those options.

Student Visa: Ensure you have all the necessary documentation for your student visa. This includes proof of enrollment, financial statements, and health insurance.

Accommodation: Look for affordable housing options. Many universities have student dormitories, and sharing a flat with other students can also be cost-effective.

Part-Time Work: While studying in Germany, you are allowed to work part-time. This can help with your expenses. Just make sure it doesn't interfere with your studies.

Learn the Language: Learning German can be essential for daily life and interaction with locals. It can also open up more job opportunities.

Budget Wisely: Create a budget and stick to it. Track your expenses, and try to save where you can. Germany can be expensive, so being frugal is crucial.

Health Insurance: Ensure you have health insurance that is accepted in Germany. This is mandatory for all students.

Cultural Adaptation: Be open to new experiences and cultures. Germans have a different way of life compared to Nigeria, so adapt and embrace the local culture.

Network: Build a strong network with fellow Nigerian students and international students. They can provide support and advice.

Stay Informed: Keep up-to-date with the latest news and regulations regarding international students in Germany, especially regarding work permits and visa extensions.

Use University Resources: Universities often provide support services for international students, such as counseling, career guidance, and language courses. Take advantage of these resources.

Safety: Germany is generally safe, but it's essential to be aware of your surroundings and follow local safety guidelines.

Plan for Travel: If you plan to travel within Europe during your studies, make sure to budget for it and be aware of visa requirements for different countries.

Stay Healthy: Take care of your physical and mental health. Universities often have counseling services, and healthcare is readily available in Germany.

Stay Legal: Always follow the rules and regulations of your student visa. Overstaying or violating visa conditions can lead to serious consequences.

Remember that every student's experience is unique, so it's essential to be adaptable and open to change. Seek advice from other Nigerian students who have studied in Germany and make use of the resources available to you. With the right approach and mindset, you can not only survive but thrive as a Nigerian student in Germany.
Thank You
https://indotoursadventures.com/destination/chardham-yatra-packages
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by StopJapa: 7:29pm On Sep 24, 2023
Anyone in Kaiserslautern? Have a room to rent...
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by PTI087: 4:26pm On Oct 24, 2023
Good day
Please are they any German language school in port Harcourt
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by pompido: 11:02pm On Oct 25, 2023
Hadampson:
You are welcome. I think the Nigerians in Germany are not as helpful as the ones in Canada. I know that time move fast over there but at least once in a while, they ought to be sharing tips for the prospective students.

shocked shocked shocked
I do not know why you feel this way about Nigerians in Germany but I can take it onboard though.
Anyone that reads through this topic will see all the information, tips and tricks that we all had provided, including yours. As things stand right now, I do not think there are new tips or information to offer that hasn't been stated probably severally here or in the main German Student enquiries topic pages (all 8 parts).

It doesn't mean people aren't being helpful if they decide there are no new questions to be answered and no help to be provided especially now that getting an appointment date take over 18 months and other options available can't be discussed online (though they have been discussed on the main German Student enquiries topic pages cheesy ).

Also, everyone has got stuff to do and lives to live so yeah, people may no longer have time to be here as much as they used to but that is where the newer generation of migrants come in to share their own experiences in recent times.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by chibulati: 5:43am On Nov 29, 2023
Please, is there any university in Germany with free tuition fee, that offer bachelor's degree courses in English..?.
Please i need the name of the schools

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by SirNeroDee: 11:01pm On Dec 21, 2023
Helloo..

Regarding the blocked account & visa, is the money to be converted at black market rates or CBN rates?

I heard the blocked account only has to contain money for a year, even if your program lasts more than a year. Assuming a year has elapsed, do you need to create another blocked account? How else can one show proof of funds?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Samoaky2024: 5:59am On Dec 23, 2023
Good day . Please does anyone have a sample of Cameroon residents permit given to Nigeria student's who are studying over there ?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by kingsoncj: 7:01pm On Dec 23, 2023
Hello all,
Please is there any Daad scholar here who's wife recently moved to Germany via family reunion, please what's the timeline of family reunion for Daad/Humboldt scholars?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by woodcock(m): 7:06pm On Jan 15
JoePatrao:
HELLO TRAVELERS
Got my admission at ARDEN University berlin ....Bsc..... i have paid my acceptance or holding fee and booked my appointment 2 weeks ago... i never get date yet...
is there anyone studying here or something??
what do i need to know and what do i need to avoid
please talk to me, i am really worried

I booked an appointment with German embassy in September 2022 and I still do not have an appointment date. I'm trying to cancel the whole thing and get a refund but the school is asking from a rejection letter from the embassy.
Can you share any progress you have had with yours?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by freedomtours(m): 8:45am On Jan 21
kingsoncj:
Hello all,
Please is there any Daad scholar here who's wife recently moved to Germany via family reunion, please what's the timeline of family reunion for Daad/Humboldt scholars?

There is how it is done now, except u want to keep waiting for appointment date
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by KellyTech007: 11:40am On Feb 06
Hi . Please I'll like to inquire about something.

How is life over there in Germany?

Has it been easy getting jobs as an international students ?

So far will you interpret Germany as a friendly country ?

Lastly , How is the housing situation ?

I'll appreciate your Response 🙏

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Daniel1991(m): 7:01pm On Apr 04
Firstly, live over here in germany is great, at first i was finding it difficult to speak in german not until a friend refer me to a youtube channel that is now my guide. you might need to check them out, if you are can speak the basic yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whoSPCQcNew
KellyTech007:
Hi . Please I'll like to inquire about something.

How is life over there in Germany?

Has it been easy getting jobs as an international students ?

So far will you interpret Germany as a friendly country ?

Lastly , How is the housing situation ?

I'll appreciate your Response 🙏

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.