Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? (441572 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany, How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 6:14pm On Apr 29, 2019
erny11:

Yes, one can use Travelstart to compare prices and then inquire about student discount.
PS when comparing flight cost don't forget to check hours of layover and duration of flight.

And WAKANOW wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 6:16pm On Apr 29, 2019
truthsayer009:

Unless the money does not hit your account, It has to be that you are collecting it by hand. How will the Government not know you work more than 20 hours?

Good question smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by willy2000(m): 6:17pm On Apr 29, 2019
Kenechill:
I saw the question asked by basalt on can someone save up-to 10k euros a year. Almost Everyone who replied him were either mean or trying to make him look stupid. It's totally wrong.

Someone say they want to jump very high. Instead of you to tell him he shouldn't cos he head go nack ceiling or he may be cut by the fan, you tell the person he shouldn't jump Except e wan die or he shouldn't jump cos nobody has jumped that high.
No offence, all I saw were pessimists.

Now, my childhood friend schools in Bavaria which has the toughest educational system in Germany as many people have confirmed. He works Two jobs. One pays 450 euros, another pays 960 euros after tax.
He lives in a 250 hostel room. Pays 90 euros insurance, spends 60euros on food as he still has food stuff and goes out once in a while.
Can you see that he used just about 450 euro?
He still has 960 euros.
He goes to school very well sef.
Just that he doesn't have babe there and he drinks once in a while.
Save that 960 X 12 months?
It's over 11k

So whoever is being pessimistic and trying to weigh that basalt guy down, keep your lack of ambition to yourself.

Finally, there's a saying "if people don't laugh or shout at your dreams, they aren't big enough.
This example I gave is real life One.
He's been in Bavaria for two years now.

Just to add, let's do a calculation for you if you're still in doubt.
If you have a 450 euros job. It pays 10 euros per hour. You work 11 hours every Saturday. That's about 450 a month.

If you have another job that pays 12 euros per hour. You work 5 hours a day Monday to Friday that's about 1200 a month.
Let's say they take 300 tax.
You have 900 a month.
If you pay 300 rent. 90 insurance and 60 food. That's 450 a month.
Your student card covers your semester transport ticket.
The remaining 900 X 12 is 10,800 euros.
Let's say you use 800 euros for semester fee every year.
You still have 10k euros!

So what are you guys saying? For the fact you haven't done it, doesn't make it impossible. I've seen people do it.
Everybody ginger no be the same.

Shalom! (in honorable seyis voice cheesy )

there are things your friend is not telling you, or he is doing illegally and doesn't know. He earns more than 450 and pays 90 for insurance.. hm make I no talk, if caught, he will pay dearly.
And how do you live on 60 per month for food, when u are overworking yourself.
Well each to his own. if you dream is come work and make 10k € in a year then GoodLuck.
Life is not all about working and making money, there is much more to it.
my own cent

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Eldeee(m): 6:20pm On Apr 29, 2019
Deustchemann:

You're the man bro

My chairman I hail ooo, you too much

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by willy2000(m): 6:22pm On Apr 29, 2019
Kenechill:

A lot of people Work more than 20 hours a week. That 20 hours isn't carved on stone. And people here know that!
Dude as long as your salary is routed through your tax number to your account, the Finanzamt knows everything. Once you surpass the threshold they will call. So your friend is not telling everything.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 6:27pm On Apr 29, 2019
LANDING POST BY dankeschon

I left our dear country on Thursday, missed my flight on transit, and had to spend an entire day at Turkish Airport (btw Turkish Airport is the most bubbling of all international airports I have been to).

All my funds were in my luggage, as well as my cards, so I was stranded, so I couldn't buy a new ticket, couldn't buy food, couldn't pay for Airport hotel, and couldn't go into town either. Thank God my phone was charged and credit loaded, so I called home (calls rates from here are crazy high), they bought a new ticket, which would leave the next day evening, but I was still stranded in terms of food and shelter. Thank God for a Nigerian woman I met at the Airport, she lived in Europe, was stranded too, but had no means of communications, she heard me blurting my local vanacular on Phone and pleaded to use my phone, which I gave her. We spent the next 24hrs in that Airport, she bought my meals twice, that's how I survived those 24hrs. Turkish Airport is alive 24hrs, it's like The Palms and Leisure Mall in one place, food and drinks everywhere; this 'livelyness' really helped me, there was never a dull moment.

I finally arrived here Friday night, slept at the closest hotel to the airport; I thought I could get into town, but when I got out of the airport doors, the freezing cold didn't even let me think correct. I was just shouting "Hotel, Hotel, Hotel" to all the Taxi men there. One of them finally pointed a hotel to me, and I ran like a mad man into the hotel.
I left for my town the next day hoping to settle into my accomodation. Lo and behold, my people, Saturday and Sunday here is like National Election day in Naija, you won't even see anyone outside, not to talk of paying for accomodation. The only places open are Train stations, Malls, and Petrol stations.

So I "jejely" lodged into another hotel, this time for two nights, till Monday, (the cold here alone wont allow u spend a minute outside). Thank God I came with my Dollar card, it has been so so helpful. My account officer also told me our Naira cards also works abroad, but I've not tried it yet, I don't want any embarrassment, and someone will start looking me one-kind-eye. Germany is a cash society, so I advise you come here with cash; I came with cash also, but only use it when they insist it must be cash. All my train Tickets were bought with my Card; my cash(€) is very "sacred", it rarely comes out.

Also, try learn a little Deutsch, cos if your case was like mine, hmmmmm.
I missed my stop in between train stops, but thank God, I had Deutsch upto B1, so I could ask for simple directions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 6:31pm On Apr 29, 2019
Words of advice from dankeschon

1.Leave on a Sunday,Monday, or Tuesday (at worse Wednesday), except u have your accomodation already sorted out and settled.

2.Load your Nigerian line, as much as you can; this saved my 'life'.

3.Pls hold some Euros, no matter how small, you can never tell (me myself, I never believed that all the things that have happened to me these past four days could ever happen to me)

4.Just a lil Deutsch, even if it is "Guten Tag", or "Hallo".

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by erny11: 6:41pm On Apr 29, 2019
[quote author=Kenechill post=77961928]I saw the question asked by basalt on can someone save up-to 10k euros a year. Almost Everyone who replied him were either mean or trying to make him look stupid. It's totally wrong.

Thanks so much for taking time to break this down.

Just a few clarification...... is it legal for one to have two jobs?

Again I read as a student one is limited to 20 hours of work per week. But from my your write up your friend works more than 20 hours a week.

Kindly clarify
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Basalt(m): 7:12pm On Apr 29, 2019
Kenechill:
I saw the question asked by basalt on can someone save up-to 10k euros a year. Almost Everyone who replied him were either mean or trying to make him look stupid. It's totally wrong.

Someone say they want to jump very high. Instead of you to tell him he shouldn't cos he head go nack ceiling or he may be cut by the fan, you tell the person he shouldn't jump Except e wan die or he shouldn't jump cos nobody has jumped that high.
No offence, all I saw were pessimists.

Now, my childhood friend schools in Bavaria which has the toughest educational system in Germany as many people have confirmed. He works Two jobs. One pays 450 euros, another pays 960 euros after tax.
He lives in a 250 hostel room. Pays 90 euros insurance, spends 60euros on food as he still has food stuff and goes out once in a while.
Can you see that he used just about 450 euro?
He still has 960 euros.
He goes to school very well sef.
Just that he doesn't have babe there and he drinks once in a while.
Save that 960 X 12 months?
It's over 11k

So whoever is being pessimistic and trying to weigh that basalt guy down, keep your lack of ambition to yourself.

Finally, there's a saying "if people don't laugh or shout at your dreams, they aren't big enough.
This example I gave is real life One.
He's been in Bavaria for two years now.

Just to add, let's do a calculation for you if you're still in doubt.
If you have a 450 euros job. It pays 10 euros per hour. You work 11 hours every Saturday. That's about 450 a month.

If you have another job that pays 12 euros per hour. You work 5 hours a day Monday to Friday that's about 1200 a month.
Let's say they take 300 tax.
You have 900 a month.
If you pay 300 rent. 90 insurance and 60 food. That's 450 a month.
Your student card covers your semester transport ticket.
The remaining 900 X 12 is 10,800 euros.
Let's say you use 800 euros for semester fee every year.
You still have 10k euros!

So what are you guys saying? For the fact you haven't done it, doesn't make it impossible. I've seen people do it.
Everybody ginger no be the same.

Shalom! (in honorable seyis voice cheesy )

Thank you for this.
You know, where ignorance is amidst, it's funny to be wise
Most of these people talking here are from very rich backgrounds, obviously they won't understand what it means to hustle hard for money.
I come from a poor background, my aim in life is not only to be rich but to also liberate my entire lineage from the bondage of poverty, that was the motivation why I made my first million the same year I graduated. I am not bragging but I have a purpose and that purpose is making lots of money enough for the entire family.
To you guys fortunate to come from very rich background, ofcus your priority won't be to make Money because money is always flowing in the family, that's why I wasn't surprised when someone said he would be comfortable earning only 800 euro in a month. Minus your expected cost of living of 600 for one month from that amount, that's only 200 euros left for savings, to me that's meagre.

Some people made mention of 20hrs without realising that you can do two jobs and do overtime especially during summer holidays, highest you go pay tax when your earning exceed 450 euros.
Someone said my education will suffer if I work blah blah blah without knowing that all brain no be the same.
Some people can study for 8hrs and get C while another person will study for 3hrs and make A.
There are ways to bend some laws without actually breaking it, but ofcus those born with silver spoons in their mouth won't understand

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Kenechill: 7:37pm On Apr 29, 2019
willy2000:

Dude as long as your salary is routed through your tax number to your account, the Finanzamt knows everything. Once you surpass the threshold they will call. So your friend is not telling everything.

Whether he is telling me o, whether he's not o. IT IS DOABLE!. That the point. And im sure if you ask people in your city, they'll tell you too.

Except they are also not telling you everything! grin

Read the third paragraph of this article.
https://www.topuniversities.com/student-info/careers-advice/how-work-germany-during-or-after-your-studies
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Kenechill: 7:55pm On Apr 29, 2019
truthsayer009:

Unless the money does not hit your account, It has to be that you are collecting it by hand. How will the Government not know you work more than 20 hours?

The government will know but you will be making some social security contributions. Read this article. The third paragraph Will answer all your questions

https://www.topuniversities.com/student-info/careers-advice/how-work-germany-during-or-after-your-studies
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Fabcol(m): 8:17pm On Apr 29, 2019
Baba chill!
You would notice they are trying to revive this thread and with your manner of approach.. You will only end up killing the thread more..
Believe me people would leave this thread because of approaches like yours and when they leave or stop contributing we the incoming suffers..
When advise are given its only wise to pick the one u want and do more digging/research on other platforms or forums..
People can't know all that is obtainable but would give u what they know is obtainable and save...
Please easy with the way you are throwing "jabs" ..the major reason we here is to learn from those there already so life would be easy for us when we go..
I hope u understand and just let it slide since it has been confirmed to you its obtainable...

Let's be more understanding and matured here
Basalt:

Thank you for this.
Most of these people talking here are from very rich backgrounds, obviously they won't understand what it means to hustle hard for money.
I come from a poor background, my aim in life is not only to be rich but to also liberate my entire lineage from the bondage of poverty, that was the motivation why I made my first million the same year I graduated. I am not bragging but I have a purpose and that purpose is making lots of money enough for the entire family.
To you guys fortunate to come from very rich background, ofcus your priority won't be to make Money because money is always flowing in the family, that's why I wasn't surprised when someone said he would be comfortable earning only 800 euro in a month. Minus your expected cost of living of 600 for one month from that amount, that's only 200 euros left for savings, to me that's meagre.

Some people made mention of 20hrs without realising that you can do two jobs and do overtime especially during summer holidays, highest you go pay tax when your earning exceed 450 euros.
Someone said my education will suffer if I work blah blah blah without knowing that all brain no be the same.
Some people can study for 8hrs and get C while another person will study for 3hrs and make A.
There are ways to bend some laws without actually breaking it, but ofcus those born with silver spoons in their mouth won't understand

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Philfit(m): 8:18pm On Apr 29, 2019
Basalt:

Thank you for this.

Bro I get where you are coming from,
But have you thought of it this way, your first year you don’t need to make that 10k, your first year should be used to understand the system see the business opportunities, know the education system, read, get good grades and excel. I’d advise you to look at the bigger picture. Money is good, (we all know that). I would love to make 10k savings in a year too but think about the later. Is it really worth it? The only way you can make this 10k savings is by doing it illegally. I don’t mean crime or robber (which can also be a factor) but you would be doing jobs and hiding them from the authorities because you must exceed that 20hr per week. I know there is 3 months of full day working but that too won’t cut it, you must exceed that 20 hours. Now do you really want to do this when you just enter a foreign land? Jeopardize all your hard work just for chicken change ( no offense). If you focus on things like learning the language, doing internships and creating connections with organizations, graduating with good grades then the sky would just be your starting point. Because after studies and you do what you need to, God willing you would land a good job that pays you over 45k a year maybe 32-35k after tax. With this you can work weekend jobs and probably earn 400-700 a month. The hustle now begins you would cut your cost and limit Spending, reduce eating out and live in a small studio apartment. At least you know you aren’t breaking any law and you would have your peace of mind. Then you can be looking at nothing less that 20k savings from the motivation and hard working spirit Im seeing you have. I called it chicken change because the time and energy you used to achieve that 10k savings is nothing compared to how relaxed you can be with better peace of mind to achieve the later which is 20k savings. Look at the bigger picture bro, don’t let the first priority be money for savings rather work on your self and make sure you would remain there after school. That is when the real hustling begins wink
You might have family members back home Depending on you. But look at it this way, is it better to be giving them Toyota each year and at any chance your right to stay in the country is hanging on a thin line. Or they wait for you, you build yourself and your worth and after two years you become a man a value, you can be giving them Gwagon each year after that and still live a somewhat comfortable life without any harassment.
The cars are metaphors oh grin

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Basalt(m): 9:05pm On Apr 29, 2019
Philfit:

But have you thought of it this way, your first year you don’t need to make that 10k, your first year should be used to understand the system see the business opportunities, know the education system, read, get good grades and excel. I’d advise you to look at the bigger picture. Money is good, (we all know that). I would love to make 10k savings in a year too but think about the later. Is it really worth it? The only way you can make this 10k savings is by doing it illegally. I don’t mean crime or robber (which can also be a factor) but you would be doing jobs and hiding them from the authorities because you must exceed that 20hr per week. I know there is 3 months of full day working but that too won’t cut it, you must exceed that 20 hours. Now do you really want to do this when you just enter a foreign land? Jeopardize all your hard work just for chicken change ( no offense). If you focus on things like learning the language, doing internships and creating connections with organizations, graduating with good grades then the sky would just be your starting point. Because after studies and you do what you need to, God willing you would land a good job that pays you over 45k a year maybe 32-35k after tax. With this you can work weekend jobs and probably earn 400-700 a month. The hustle now begins you would cut your cost and limit Spending, reduce eating out and live in a small studio apartment. At least you know you aren’t breaking any law and you would have your peace of mind. Then you can be looking at nothing less that 20k savings from the motivation and hard working spirit Im seeing you have. I called it chicken change because the time and energy you used to achieve that 10k savings is nothing compared to how relaxed you can be with better peace of mind to achieve the later which is 20k savings. Look at the bigger picture bro, don’t let the first priority be money for savings rather work on your self and make sure you would remain there after school. That is when the real hustling begins wink
You might have family members back home Depending on you. But look at it this way, is it better to be giving them Toyota each year and at any chance your right to stay in the country is hanging on a thin line. Or they wait for you, you build yourself and your worth and after two years you become a man a value, you can be giving them Gwagon each year after that and still live a somewhat comfortable life without any harassment.

This is epic.
If everyone types like this, believe me this world would be a better place.
I never understood it this way because of lack of experience and exposure abroad.

Thanks so much for bringing this to my notice

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Basalt(m): 9:18pm On Apr 29, 2019
Fabcol:
Baba chill!
You would notice they are trying to revive this thread and with your manner of approach.. You will only end up killing the thread more..
Believe me people would leave this thread because of approaches like yours and when they leave or stop contributing we the incoming suffers..
When advise are given its only wise to pick the one u want and do more digging/research on other platforms or forums..
People can't know all that is obtainable but would give u what they know is obtainable and save...
Please easy with the way you are throwing "jabs" ..the major reason we here is to learn from those there already so life would be easy for us when we go..
I hope u understand and just let it slide since it has been confirmed to you its obtainable...

Let's be more understanding and matured here

You are very funny I must confess.
Have you actually taken your time to study the previous comments here?
Who started the so called attitude?

If you were careful enough to read previous messages, you would have realised that I asked a harmless question and surprisedly, some ridiculous posts started surfacing.
If you did science in school, you will understand that action and reaction are always equal... , Newton said that. So if you slap me, expect a thunderous slap in return.

Whatever you sow is what you reap.
Whoever wanna leave should leave abi without anyone you can't enter Germany?
You made mention of maturity and understanding but unnecessary nervousness and fear to me is not sign of maturity.

Whoever wanna contribute to the thread will surely contribute, whoever wanna hoard information will always hoard irrespective of what happens.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Fabcol(m): 9:26pm On Apr 29, 2019
Ok
Basalt:

If you were careful enough to read previous messages, you would have realised that I asked a harmless question and surprisedly, some ridiculous posts started surfacing.
If you did science in school, you will understand that action and reaction are always equal... , Newton said that. So if you slap me, expect a thunderous slap in return.

You made mention of maturity and understanding but unnecessary nervousness and fear to me is not sign of maturity.

Whoever wanna contribute to the thread will surely contribute, whoever wanna hoard information will always hoard irrespective of what happens.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by clintonsparkz(m): 9:28pm On Apr 29, 2019
Basalt:

justwise, this guy is derailing this thread. Let this matter die, are u so troublesome, everyone has told u to rest, u still don't want to rest, the mood in this thread has changed cause of this issue.

Die this matter, must you reply? nawa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Basalt(m): 9:31pm On Apr 29, 2019
clintonsparkz:
justwise, this guy is derailing this thread. Let this matter die, are u so troublesome, everyone has told u to rest, u still don't want to rest, the mood is this thread has changed cause of this issue.

justwise help put this guy together.

If there is anyperson Justwise should put to order, then I think its you for trying to cause scene when a place is calm. You are the troublemaker here

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Goztino(m): 9:45pm On Apr 29, 2019
Please let love lead.
From what happened above, this is what I will like to say.

For peace to reign

1. We must learn how to be polite when replying others to avoid unnecessary and prolonged reactions. No matter how dumb you think someone is, learn to be polite when replying or addressing them.

2. We should learn how to ignore some posts for peace to reign. Some people just like my brother Eldeee said will step on your toes. Even in Germany, you will at times be treated differently and unfairly but you don't throw stones at every dog that barks

Please, once we stick to these two rules, believe me, we go dey alright

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by willy2000(m): 9:53pm On Apr 29, 2019
Kenechill:

Whether he is telling me o, whether he's not o. IT IS DOABLE!. That the point. And im sure if you ask people in your city, they'll tell you too.

Except they are also not telling you everything! grin

Read the third paragraph of this article.
So you think working as a research assistant can give you 10k savings in a year. or working for 240 days can.

Well, I have nothing to say, since you already have your tracks covered. Wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Philfit(m): 9:56pm On Apr 29, 2019
Basalt:

This is epic.
If everyone types like this, believe me this world would be a better place.
I never understood it this way because of lack of experience and exposure abroad.

Thanks so much for bringing this to my notice
You are welcome brother. Wish you the best
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Goztino(m): 10:04pm On Apr 29, 2019
willy2000:

This your list is based on clothes, which I think is actually not so important depending on which semester you are coming.
Clothing:
Jeans: it is cheaper in Nigeria.
Shirts: if you are into shirts, but as for me I am a t-shirt guy
Shoes: for ladies don't come with any high heels, you will end up not wearing it. But something durable with a flat sole.

As for thick socks(wollen) and Thermals, you only need them during the winter Months, and you can buy them cheap here.
Don't buy the Nigerian sippers ohh, you may end up living in a house with slippery laminate. Normal in-door slippers are also not expensive. You can visit the 1€ shop, same applies to head warmer.

FOOD: THIS IS IMPORTANT, unless you are not a food person.
You first three months trying to adjust to the kind of food here won't be funny. Basic things like normal Maggi will be a task buying it in the supermarket.
Try as much as possible to get enough ingredients for your best food. This will help in time of need when things start getting rough, you can always come home and enjoy a nice meal and feel happy and relaxed. Well if you are not into food then you can ignore this and fly in. Then you start eating bread and potatoes because you want to save cost.

Your contribution is always on point. Keep it up

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by willy2000(m): 10:04pm On Apr 29, 2019
Philfit:

What elders see when sitting, children can't see even if they climb trees.
I hope this wise comment will help straighten out some expectations people are having coming abroad.

Greed, as they say, leads to destruction.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by bl33d(m): 10:06pm On Apr 29, 2019
Basalt:

Thanks for your post boss, if you go through my comments, you would find out that for every harsh word I used, there was a reason for that.
Check well and you will see that those people were the first to attack me.
I am a very easy going man but don't fvck with me because I can be brutal especially online if you first find my trouble
calm down bro, it's okay give others room to present what they have to offer to the thread, we are shoving em off with this episode of yours
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Goztino(m): 10:10pm On Apr 29, 2019
[quote author=Hadampson post=77962209][/quote]

Nice one Hadampson for bringing back old posts

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Goztino(m): 10:13pm On Apr 29, 2019
willy2000:

What elders see when sitting, children can't see even if they climb trees.
I hope this wise comment will help straighten out some expectations people are having coming abroad.

Greed, as they say, leads to destruction.

Guy its alright na. make una stop inciting further counter reactions.
Just post your comments without making unnecessary reference .
As you can see, this place is calm now abi una no wan make we move on?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by 7Alexandre: 11:18pm On Apr 29, 2019
Kenechill:

The government will know but you will be making some social security contributions. Read this article. The third paragraph Will answer all your questions

Do you understand that you friend is breaking the Law by working more than 20 hours/week during the Academic Session?

I would never advice someone to deliberately break the law in a foreign nation...

This isn’t Nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 6:54am On Apr 30, 2019
Basalt:

You could have ignored the comment boss

I realized e-fight is just a waste of time and time is money.

You need patience to live in DE cos you might face some discrimination.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 7:15am On Apr 30, 2019
XpensiveT LANDING POST smiley

My trip to Deutschland !!

I left house for airport some minutes past 5pm nd got to d around 6:30pm. I didn't have any problem with the immigrations and all. I sort them with 3k naira nd they did not even search my luggage at all. They only asked if I have any liquid inside them nd i said no. Na so dem free me. #Chaii..if to say i knw i for don carry palm oil.

Turkish airline staff checked my passport nd asked for my boarding pass bcoz i already checked in online. He weighed my 2 bags at once nd both weighed 50kg. He told me to removed 4 kg nd add it to my hand luggage not knowing my hand luggage sef is 10kg. I removed a jacket and somethings sha both my 2 bags still weighed 48kg. D guy jes free me. It wasn't easy to turn my back at my family oo, i got to d departure's gate nd ran back to them like 4 times.

I got to another immigration check point where they asked for my passport nd all documents to proof that am a student. They stamped my passport nd asked if i have anything for them. Jes gave d woman 1k nd i commot. I got to my departure gate at around 9pm nd we were scheduled to board by 9:10pm and take off by 10:10pm but d flight didn't take off until 11:30pm. I vex small but wetin man go do.

My connecting flight frm Istanbul to Berlin sef don take off before i land for Istanbul. E pain me gann. All those Turkish staff jes dey play me up nd down. I didn't even knw what to do. I jes vex go para for one departure gate, na so d man tell me say dem don book me on a 12noon flight already. The guy printed another boarding pass for me sha. I con start to dey look for free wifi. I waka tire oo but i got one later sha. If u are flying Turkish airline nd ur stopover is 2hrs or more, jes try to locate STARBUCKS CAFE. I think d name of d wifi is WiSpotter.

Ooh boi, i felt like make i buy somethings at d airport. My eyes jes dey see lots of beautiful things but i jes bone them. I was hungry, i jes go meet d guy wey print another boarding pass for me say i dey hungry.. God bless that guy, d guy gimme meal ticket oo. I sharply go eat one correct meal for Food Court. Turkish airline try small oo i eat tire on board. Come see free beer grin cheesy .

All thanks to God, i arrived Berlin safely around 2pm. I didn't have any issue at Berlin airport. My Oga's frnd was there to pick me. We board a bus frm d airport to a train station. I must say this, Naija no fit, Naija no fit catch up with dis countries oo. Chaii, we dey suffer mehn.

One funny thing..as i dey inside d train, na so one oyinbo girl's phone ring oo, d ringtone na Wasiu Ayinde song.. I jes reason am say na one Yoruba boi go dey run her package.

Getting set to tour Berlin this even #Tschüs #TeamWinter2015 #Freiburger

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 7:21am On Apr 30, 2019
Obiwannn Tipps

Live and Direct from Hamburg..
First impressions
I see 2 craze men for street. shocked
So Germany sef get craze? grin

Secondly, Hamburgarians are really very nice at least the first ones I've encountered

Thirdly, buy a good bag if you intend to carry plenty luggage, make e no go spoil like my own and disgrace you for road

Fourthly, na so so rules rules rules I just de sign for here oh...hmmm

Fifthly, I don't think I buy that crap the German newspapers et al are selling about old peeps being many and those who are willing to work being few; I see many young young people for here... Anyways as time goes on, I go find out..

Sixthly, omoh the cold for here na die oh.. I no come sabi operate the heater for my room. Make I no turn to ice fish this night oooooh

Seventhly, please buy an EU socket when coming, I no buy and now I wan cry as my electronics go soon die

Eightly, GErmans for here like cigar die ... I no blame them sha..na to komot the cold..make I no go b like them oh

Ninthly, finding your way to your room by yourself from airport na die...I lost for road taya...if you get money, take cab or study and save the route on a map like google maps or Nokia maps before coming

Tenthly and most importantly, omoh...German language knowledge is underrated oh.. See me na Garri and smoked fish I wan chop this night because I no no how to take go store go ask for even common bread..Una 2016, abeg learn the language oh..

Omoh this Hamburg air wey I de breathe make sense oh...but I don dey miss Nigeria already..Abeg una wey de come hamburg make una do come oh.....biko smiley

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 7:40am On Apr 30, 2019
Obiwannn contribution

I'd sound it loudly and clearly here: there are a lot of opportunities abound when you sabi the language. Germany has even more opportunities than Canada and other English speaking countries, and it's the perfect time to be here as the country has started getting more receptive towards black folks..

Don't forget. Learn oh Learn German. They told me, but I say no level we go learn when we reach there. I don reach here and I no fit still learn. Nobody placed a big emphasis on the importance of German whilst I was still in Nigeria reading this thread, and the few who did, their voices were drowned.. In the end, my first few months ended in frustration.. Heck I have lost some excellent opportunities due to my inability to comprehend fluent German.

Anyhow, if you want to get a job here after school, unless it's IT or some special engineering fields, then fluent German knowledge is almost non negotiable... Also whilst you apply for schools from Nigeria, apply for fields that you know you would not have to be in tough competition with Germans to secure job placements after studies.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Kenechill: 7:44am On Apr 30, 2019
7Alexandre:

Do you understand that you friend is breaking the Law by working more than 20 hours/week during the Academic Session?

I would never advice someone to deliberately break the law in a foreign nation...

This isn’t Nigeria...
He's not breaking the law. You obviously didn't read the article or the third paragraph

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (118) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.