Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,768 members, 7,831,473 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? (444120 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany, How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by erny11: 11:42pm On Apr 28, 2019
[quote author=Hadampson post=77937489]

Picture 1 : A rescue helicopter known as Luftrettung in German spotted at Universität medizin, Göttingen(UMG) cool

Welldone bro.....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 28, 2019
Basalt:

If you should quote me, then don't be bias. So you didn't see her comment which I boldened?
Your name is truthsayer009, please stop being one sided probably to get a girl in Germany

I saw what she said, she says it isn't possible and that the person would die before he/she can achieve that. If you take enough time to make proper research. You will find out this is true.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

For example: living in Berlin gives you opportunities to get more jobs, but Berlin itself is too expensive to live in. According my research you pay rent of about 600 - 800+ in Berlin just for house alone.

So you might have to settle for other areas with cheap Rent like 300. But then jobs are not too forthcoming.

Remember you will eat, pay insurance etc. So you only have 20 hours per week to work as a student, how will you now be able to save 10K per year?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by erny11: 11:50pm On Apr 28, 2019
Hadampson:

Love nature, love Göttingen wink
Correct.....I kuku love nature lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Basalt(m): 11:56pm On Apr 28, 2019
truthsayer009:

I saw what she said, she says it isn't possible and that the person would die before he/she can achieve that. If you take enough time to make proper research. You will find out this is true.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

For example: living in Berlin gives you opportunities to get more jobs, but Berlin itself is too expensive to live in. According my research you pay rent of about 600 - 800+ in Berlin just for house alone.

So you might have to settle for other areas with cheap Rent like 300. But then jobs are not too forthcoming.

Remember you will eat, pay insurance etc. So you only have 20 hours per week to work as a student, how will you now be able to save 10K per year?

You are just trying to be euphemistic but let me tell you one thing.
Mentioning death here at all when addressing another person is inappropriate no matter how white you try to paint it and you don't expect the person to keep quite over it.
You don't joke with everything especially things that involve death.

Now, see how you just explained everything.
If some people did that long time ago without being unnecessarily annoying, there wouldn't be any room for all these.
Even if you wanna be rude, don't attach death at all to me if you want me to respect you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by erny11: 11:56pm On Apr 28, 2019
Hadampson:

Last picture on Göttingen smiley
Enjoy wink
Thanks......you too much

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Goztino(m): 12:13am On Apr 29, 2019
fieryy:

Lmaooo, where in Europe is that even possible?
He'll just kill himself, but what's my own

#sipsorangejuice

Basalt went extremely far by involving her family but Let's call a spade a spade. The bolded part ain't nice at all.
"He will just kill himself, but What's my own"
shows that even if he kills himself trying to hustle, you don't care at all.
We should not be using provocative words on others who asked questions.

Even if the question appears dumb, we can choose to ignore and be calm.

Oga Basalt, e don do sir

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Adhheir: 12:29am On Apr 29, 2019
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 12:35am On Apr 29, 2019
So much drama on this thread. It's not that deep grin

There's a difference between wishing someone death

I wish you die

And saying he'll end up killing himself (because of his unrealistic "goals".).

Of course I didn't imagine him dying, but rather him ending up being stressed. Let's not all act as if phrases like "Hopefully this exam doesn't kill me" or "This job will kuku not kill me" aren't hyperboles.

With that being said, here's a bitter fact

We're all gonna die someday whether you like it or not grin

Basalt or whatever his name is is just pissed grin

Chiiiiiilllll, because me that you're getting high blood pressure over is about to sleep like a baby now grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Adhheir: 12:38am On Apr 29, 2019
truthsayer009:

You can get dorms/WGs around €300-€350 upwards. But the system is designed to make you pay bills and earnings above €450 are taxed. The feasibility study of his projectile isn't even feasible but what do I know?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Adhheir: 12:41am On Apr 29, 2019
fieryy:

Carry your death and be going.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 3:24am On Apr 29, 2019
clintonsparkz:
please can you tone down the photos...its nice what you doing but majority are after the text part, but whoever want to see a city, can please type the name of the city and use Google images.

Okay sir. Noted
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 3:25am On Apr 29, 2019
erny11:

Thanks......you too much

You welcome bro smiley
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 3:32am On Apr 29, 2019
erny11:

Correct.....I kuku love nature lol

Lol... You are going to love the city smiley

The real thing is if there is enough part-time jobs for students which am positive that there should be. Just link up with anybody(might be a nairalander) that live in the city to guide you through.

Erfolg gehört uns smiley
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 3:34am On Apr 29, 2019
[quote author=erny11 post=77941335][/quote]

Sprachlos lipsrsealed cool
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Basalt(m): 7:10am On Apr 29, 2019
fieryy:

I wish you die

Of course I didn't imagine him dying, but rather him ending up being stressed. Let's not all act as if phrases like "Hopefully this exam doesn't kill me" or "This job will kuku not kill me" aren't hyperboles.

Chiiiiiilllll, because me that you're getting high blood pressure over is about to sleep like a baby now grin

We are all going to die but nobody wishes to die before 30years.
Mind the kind of words you use on others if you don't like a repeat of what happened here again.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Eldeee(m): 7:17am On Apr 29, 2019
Shebi na English language dey cause all this wahala, Please my brothers and sisters let's not take this issue out of proportion.

Basalt pls I beg of you, kindly clamp down on the insults, it's not really cool bro. dobeespen intentions was not to insult you, but to pass across a strong message to you which in all respect implies that you cut down on your expectations. Hope you act like a gentleman and kindly apologize to her and to all you called names, biko.

My sister dobeespen, please don't take it to heart biko, we sometimes have different views as it relates to usage of English language and that's what exactly played out here. Your comments were a bit harsh if interpreted literally but I know that wasn't the intention though. Please my sister kindly make peace with basalt, let him know you mean no harm. kindly apologize for literally using such words.

And to all, who have been unhappy if there's any word like that, please let me apologize on their behalf. Sorry for all that transpired.

Please lets move on and find better creative ways to make this thread more lively and better. Thanks in all.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 7:17am On Apr 29, 2019
Everything you need to know about Kiel is on this link.

https://sites.google.com/site/comingtokiel/Home

Check it out Bloodeagle

Pomsido, Vielen Dank
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 7:48am On Apr 29, 2019
dolpaz opinion on Gf/Bf and interracial dating in DE smiley

This is for guys wink

First, everyone would probably need either a Romeo or Juliet at some point in life. This is normal ! I heard at the earliest stage in DE that most Germans respect blacks alot and when they see one, they regard us as Black American and before you know, the flows and likeness comes into play. but these days, that opportuinty has vanished into thin air as they mostly see blacks as opportunist thanks to our African Brothers who chase these ladies towards papers. Truth is an most western lady (German, American, Austrian, etc) either blows hot and in most cases very hot or cold/extremely cold. Reason best known to them. I think its because of the cultural differences between us, hence the reason why we could not withstand these differences. You could be dating a white lady and you guys could have a lil misunderstanding and within the twinlke of an eye, she can ask you to leave even in the middle of the night, she doesnt care! and if you refuse to leave, she could call the Police. so as omo boy, you go just bounce to avoid stories. Moreso, if you end up dating the strict ones and she understands english, she could command you not to speak any other language apart from english or German. But because of the fear of loosing her and the advantages accrued with dating her, you´ll bow to her demand.

These and many more which inlcudes food, Religion, lifestyle (Party, smoking, clubbing,) etc. The big question is: are you ready to tilt towards the differences because of paper? when a black dates a German she faces alot of criticism from her colleagues. They criticize them so much by saying to him/her Jokingly that "You´re dating a black guy/girl right, dont worry he´ll impregnate you, get the papers from you and dump you for his African woman" and truly, this is what the african guys do alot because we cant get controlled by a lady for the rest of our lives.. so, after getting the papers they file for divorce and go for the real African woman. When these happens, the news spread easily like wildfire and the caution/hatred spread also. If you want to marry a German, you´ll go through some series of verification which could span across months. If you impregate a German without marriage, my brother be ready to pay through your Nose. You´ll be asked to pay a certian money (Around 800€) for verification from your country of origin to proof that you don´t have a child/family back home. after this verification is complete, you´ll pay your child and Baby mama a certain percentage from your monthly salary. So lets assume you earn 1200, you could end up with 520 at the end of the month or even less cos your Renten(Pension) and Insurance will increase while your Taxes will reduce because you have a kid. Even though, you are registered as a father to a German child, Yet it doesn´t translate to getting permanent paper immediately. Most foreign office will give you 3 years at first, and if you don´t err in taking care of the mother and kids, then they give you permanent residency. But during this three years, you´ll be at the mercy of your baby mama cos any report from her... He don set be that. so you´ll be as humble as a lamb.....! Also, you have to keep working to sustain the support and during this process, school will heavily suffer cos you have to make so much in order to keep up with Bills and life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 7:52am On Apr 29, 2019
dolpaz opinion on Gf/Bf and interracial dating in DE.

For ladies smiley

The same scenario is applies to ladies as well. But not as extensive as in the case of guys. You just need to find someone who understand what it means to be inter-racial lovers. I have a girl around me thjough who keeps complaining about a German guy she´s dating. she said the guy is unpredictable and most times, he doesn´t want to even see her around him. Like I said earlier on, both guys and girls face heavy criticism from their German colleagues because of experiences from the past or from what they´ve heard or seen. Even the blacks born here will hardly give you a chance cos most of them are already soaked into the german system and culture. So when you approach, they give you alot of conditions and my brother, these conditions no be here. (Not in all cases though) so they tend to me very careful.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 7:57am On Apr 29, 2019
From dolpaz smiley

Pros of Marrying/dating a whity:
1) Your status gets changed... You´re given between 3-5 years at first, then Permanent Residency follows
2) You get unlimited work permit
3) Your woman gets Kindergeld and Muttergeld from the Government (Assuming you´re not working)
4) Fastest way to get PR (if responsibilities are taken and met)

Cons Marrying/dating a whity:
1) You face emotional, psychological and at times physical torture
2) Your studies could suffer
3) Cultural differences
4) Be ready to withstand the awkward look when you´re pushing around a white baby in the Kinderwagen smiley
5) Your dietary could change because with Bread, cheese, Currywurst and maybe Beer, these guys are OK.
6) They tend to look older than their age (My observation though) etc

If you think you are mentally ready for inter racial dating, you can go for it. I decided to write this as a Benchmark. The above are just scenario you could experience while dating a westerner. Its a 2 edged sword thingy.

#

Pros of Bringing your partner (Student):
1) You understand each other
2) You eat your favourite continental dishes.
3) You can jointly train up your child without cultural clashes.
4) You both work and save to have a better future
5) You support each other in times of need
6) No/few religious, Cultural, Lifestyle differences etc

Cons of Bringing your partner (Student):
1) You don´t get a permit immedaitely which means your child depends on the parents status. But if one of the parent gets a PR, everyone gets it as well.
2) Your child doesnt get Kindergeld (Depends on cities though) but If your partner comes via Family reunion, the mother gets mutterGeld while the child gets Kindergeld
3) Your status stays and your partner will have to find a way to take care of the family.

You could also bring your GF/BF if you can vouch your church mind for him/her. **

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 8:01am On Apr 29, 2019
Another option to try according to the boss, dolpaz wink

#

There are other nationalities though that are not as strict as the Germans... The Poles, Czech, Romania, Bulgaria, etc. They are just better because of the affiliation with EU.

A word of advice from dolpaz smiley

My advise to anyone who has a stable partner (Stable means there´s a commitment and/or legally binding) is to hold on to it and keep communication open. dont because of "I am going abroad" end a fruitful relationship. It could hunt you such that you may regret it. Most especially if you have a hardworking partner, The sky will be your limit because opportunities are boundless here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 8:06am On Apr 29, 2019
The boss verdict

The German Government has given us the opportunity to experience world class education at a great price. Lets not abuse this opportunity.

Also, The German Government has made residency kinda easy to get.. Finish your studies, during your study period, try and attain German B1 with a corresponding certificate, apply for a job (There are jobs everywhere), work for 21 months, file for your permanent residency. #Lobatan. Its sounds/looks hard but its doable. I have lots of guys who are on this path. If they can do it, you can do it. The ball is in your court to decide what you want. According to the Bible Micah 6:8

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Deustchemann(m): 8:11am On Apr 29, 2019
Eldeee:

Please lets move on and find better creative ways to make this thread more lively and better. Thanks in all.

You're the man bro
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Gcapable(m): 8:26am On Apr 29, 2019
This insults and name calling is the main reason why many people already in Germany would not come here to share their experiences.

Anyways what do people already in Germany know?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by willy2000(m): 9:25am On Apr 29, 2019
Ndyoo:

I don't know where you live but I have a different opinion as you. People from Bavaria are complex, difficult to please and only wants themselves to be heard. Have you ever tried to present the attitude of Bavarians to themselves and then they would call you aggressive or whatever comes out of their mind. They are hard working I must confess. The more North you go, the more accommodating Germans you would find.
You are right about Bavarians been complex, They are because Bavaria itself is complex. I live in the Franken region, where the people are conservative and difficult to understand. A friend once told me dealing with them is like comparing Oranges and Coconuts. Getting into the soft region of an Orange is quite easy, but once you get in, you suck the Orange fast and throw the seeds away, unlike Coconuts. It is hard to crack a Coconut, but when you do, you do enjoy the Nuts inside without disposing of any seed.
He simply described them (Bavarians) as Coconuts, but once you crack them, they are very reliable and trustful to have as friends

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by willy2000(m): 9:26am On Apr 29, 2019
Hadampson:
Willy2000, we are waiting for you sir smiley

Smoothvee, what is it like to live in Frankfurt??

So far life has been fair to me. So long you don't have any crazy expectations, like saving 10k a year working as a student, then you sure will enjoy DE.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by willy2000(m): 9:34am On Apr 29, 2019
fieryy:

I wish you die

You have to be careful with the word kill...... In Nigeria, we misuse that word, and most times we try to understand its meaning in context and not its literal meaning, Germans don't. I nearly got my self put in a Psychiatric clinic just because I used the phrase with a kill in it despite the fact I did not mean it. I learnt my lessons the hard way.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (118) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.