Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? (8719 Views)

Catholic Bishop Bemoans Ndigbo’s Obsession With Money. / Jesus Was A Black Man / The Black Woman Is God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 10, 2013
hisblud: Next time plateaon... dont knock your head on the goads, it will continue to prick you consistently..

Your spagetti monster is mythological, yet i am not worried, disturbed, troubled, tongue embarassed embarassed but the Mythical Jesus whom i believe in, is a nightmare, a troubling to you shocked shocked shocked shocked and you try to use issues such as the Slave ship named Jesus to rubbish a "mythical Jesus"...

Can something mythical be a living nightmare to someone...hmmm .. ask the Trolling athiest... grin grin grin grin tongue
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 10, 2013
Logicboy03:

You dont know Jesus. He died centuries before you were born. You only know what was written about him by some people in an ancient book full of contradictions

hmm logicboy was around when the first spark of life started after the big b.ang angry angry angry
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 10, 2013
I should have known better

Hisblud is on troll mode.....

Troll on , bro!
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by MrTroll(m): 9:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
Logicboy03: I should have known better

Hisblud is on troll mode.....

Troll on , bro!
still a learner I see. It takes one(me) to know one(hisblud) grin

As for chibuebem...nah never mind. I'll pass on that one. tongue
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 4:01am On Jul 11, 2013
Mr. Troll you cant help but check my post. Ignore? You cant becos "Mythical Jesus" is to hard to ignore cheesy grin
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 13, 2013
The Xmen franchise is a fictitious movie of human evolutionary?? powers. Such as wolverine are fictitious but does it trouble or send me into frenzy of sorts when its displayed or spoken about? No, becos its a fiction of imagination of some hollywood freak. But again, i ask a question, why oh WHY does a "fictitious" Figure in the Person of Jesus send some people into frenzy when His name is mentioned, a figment of imagination of some ancient men written in an "incoherent" book be so troubling to them in a nuclear age? WHY WHY WHY? i have forgotten about the xmen but they cannot forget that "fictitious" nazarene.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 13, 2013
There are many very many who claim that they believe in different thing at certain time. Some believe in evolution, some dont etc but there is one thing they ALL are in agreement, that is they are against a fictitious Figure of ancient of days. How can they disagree on almost all things yet when it comes to this fictitious Figure, they are in agreement against Him. This is quite queer, dont you think so.. cool cool grin grin
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 13, 2013
druid06: Just out of curiousity. Who are the great men Africa has produced throughout the millenia?

What were their contributions to the development of Africa?

Did these "great" African men bring civilization and western education to Africa?
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
deeobserver209: The problem with black man :
-Some of them are goddam racist.
-They're backward in their ability to reason.
-Most of them are hypocrites
-Terribly ignorant.
Who told you that's the picture of Jesus Christ?
Who told you he was white?
Supposed he was white, what's wrong with that?
Some black people are really a big shame to the African continent. embarassed
eg plateon and logicboy grin
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 13, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
nice thread Op. but our biased Mods will never put this on front page..

the front page is reserved for only christian threads.

the African man and his beliefs face discrimination on the streets, abroad, in his own home country and in his own National website as well.

hi have you heard of baba lakyo
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:22am On Jul 14, 2013
hisblud: hi have you heard of baba lakyo

ofcourse. he is Chief of the Ombatse.

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 14, 2013
Do you believe in the power he uses is beyond plateon westernised belief that the supernatural is at best fictional?
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:54am On Jul 14, 2013
hisblud: Do you believe in the power he uses is beyond plateon westernised belief that the supernatural is at best fictional?

well the power behind him is complex. He is working for the right cause therefore the Spiritual Forces side with him. He is on the right track. A simple man who is working to bring about some positive changing forces.

SPirituality and SPiritual Prowess, my friend, is not just hocus pocus and bangs and magic. It is also something beyond that, i.e., the driving forces that influence the course of actions.
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 14, 2013
Also have you seen the semi-clad lady with the calabash who was powerful that met her waterloo at the hand of the man above?
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:56am On Jul 14, 2013
hisblud: Also have you seen the semi-clad lady with the calabash who was powerful that met her waterloo at the hand of the man above?

No I haven't. whats that about?
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 14, 2013
And do you know that the bible acknowledges that supernatural manifestation of people like baba lakyo is an evidence of the unseen God which will stand against people like plateon, mazaje and thier types who deliberately refuse to belief but ridicule out of arrogance and stubbornness?
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

well the power behind him is complex. He is working for the right cause therefore the Spiritual Forces side with him. He is on the right track. A simple man who is working to bring about some positive changing forces.

SPirituality and SPiritual Prowess, my friend, is not just hocus pocus and bangs and magic. It is also something beyond that, i.e., the driving forces that influence the course of actions.
yes this is why mazaje has presented himself to proof that there is no supernatural becos he believes its hocus pocus. Am awaiting the african randi's discovery
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 14, 2013
hisblud: yes this is why mazaje has presented himself to proof that there is no supernatural becos he believes its hocus pocus. Am awaiting the african randi's discovery

Of course... Your excuses when it fails are ready I suppose...
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 14, 2013
plaetton: Today, tens millions of black Africans, both at home and in the diaspora, will leave the comfort of their homes to go to church to praise and worship this man? - A white man, going by the images that we have all come to accept.

You can hardly go to a black man's household without seeing a portrait of this man hanging on the wall, his car or his wallet.

Who is this man?
More like, who was this man, what exactly did he do for Africa and or for humanity?

Africa has produced many great men over the many millenia, so has the entire humanity.

What great achievements sets this particular white man apart from all the great men of antiquity?
What sets him apart from all the great men who have sacrificed and contributed so much to the progress of our modern humanity?

This brings to mind one of my favourite poems that goes like this:

"God will not ask of thy house, nor of thy treasures,
Alone he will ask of thee,
What has thou done on Earth?"

History, both ancient and modern, is filled with countless men and women, who have, in my humble opinion, done sooo much more and contributed sooooooo much more to the progress of humanity than this adopted Tokumbo hero of the African people.

So my big question is:
What did this apparently blond hair, blue eyed Palestinian do on Earth, particularly in Africa, to deserve such overwhelming reverence and irrational obsession by Black Africans?

My brother this is what a total brainwash can do to anyone. I hope the victims would be free someday sha........

1 Like

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 14, 2013
musKeeto:

Of course... Your excuses when it fails are ready I suppose...
hehe why wait for mazaje, you can be bold enough to test the "fictitious" supernatural. [size=20pt]If nigeria fails does it mean america must fail?[/size]
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:21pm On Jul 14, 2013
hisblud: And do you know that the bible acknowledges that supernatural manifestation of people like baba lakyo is an evidence of the unseen God which will stand against people like plateon, mazaje and thier types who deliberately refuse to belief but ridicule out of arrogance and stubbornness?

is that so now? never knew the bible supports Pagans. .

to be fair to them, they are basing their conclusions on lack of evidence. let them see and let them believe. no point in pushing them. wink

for example, why do we all talk against christianity and islam? because we have evidence that these are bad religions.

for Paganism, the only evidence is experience. you build up gradually through experience. funnily enough, most Pagans are not fanatically relious. they don't chase religion all the time. religion itself catches up with them. .
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

is that so now? never knew the bible supports Pagans. .

to be fair to them, they are basing their conclusions on lack of evidence. let them see and let them believe. no point in pushing them. wink

for example, why do we all talk against christianity and islam? because we have evidence that these are bad religions.

for Paganism, the only evidence is experience. you build up gradually through experience. funnily enough, most Pagans are not fanatically relious. they don't chase religion all the time. religion itself catches up with them. .

It acknowledges that there are existence of gods which is what i wish to emphasis.
1 Cor 8:5-6

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
KJV

Am not pushing them lol but making them to reason that how can they be beating their head on something that doesnt exist, why dont they let it be even if those who believe thus may be "brainwashed".

One thing i believe is that in any case, those that believe in the supernatural are twice in a better position to accept reality than those that only believe in materialism.

In Christ, we do have experience but most preachers have made it seem that once you seek experience you are loosing it. For instance, the manifestation of the gifts of the Spirit such as word of wisdom, knowledge etc is generally believed to be lost with the death of the last apostle. but this is false! This has remained the norm becos of the consistent believe it can never happen again.

On the issue of christianity being bad.. yes i wont deny that so much atrocities were/is being perpetrated in the name of Christ Jesus... however hear what Jesus has to say about that
Matt 13:24-30

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
KJV

So am sure that tares in Christianity are truly present but that does not mean the wheat arent. He is aware of it but there will come a time He will separate the tares from the wheat...
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:27pm On Jul 14, 2013
hisblud:

It acknowledges that there are existence of gods which is what i wish to emphasis.

If it acknowledges the existence of other Spiritual Forces, then why does it disregard their worship? is man above the Gods?

no wonder nothing is going right these days.

and why do christians not acknowledge the being of other Gods?

Am not pushing them lol but making them to reason that how can they be beating their head on something that doesnt exist, why dont they let it be even if those who believe thus may be "brainwashed".

No well actually they are beating their heads over the bad influences of foreign religions like islam / christianity over the Nigerian people. They are in truth not against the Gods. how you can you be against something that you feel doesn't exist. infact many of them are even neutral to the existence/non-existence of Gods.

The fact of the matter is, they are against the christian version of the God which has defiled the very image of the Spiritual Forces.

They want to counter its influence and spread.

One thing i believe is that in any case, those that believe in the supernatural are twice in a better position to accept reality than those that only believe in materialism.

well it depends really. atheists accept material reality more easily.

In Christ, we do have experience but most preachers have made it seem that once you seek experience you are loosing it. For instance, the manifestation of the gifts of the Spirit such as word of wisdom, knowledge etc is generally believed to be lost with the death of the last apostle. but this is false! This has remained the norm becos of the consistent believe it can never happen again.

experience of what? come again? I don't understand the rest.

On the issue of christianity being bad.. yes i wont deny that so much atrocities were/is being perpetrated in the name of Christ Jesus... however hear what Jesus has to say about that

the point is, do we need to hear what jesus has to say about anything? there lived many greater pearls of wisdom, before jesus ' existence and most of it was already revealed (in the written form) before what he had to say. If christianity was truly a religion of God, then would so many evils be committed in its name? The same goes with islam.

both of them think and try to propagate their version of "good" , but at the end of the day, only evil hath borne fruit from their tides.

the concept of good by a jew does not determin the concept of good, lets say, by a Chinese man.

for example, among the Afar of Ethiopia, it is considered good and brave to cut the testicles of your enemy and hang it around your hang. Among others, this is an evil act.

The end result is,, our tribes, parens and respective societies have already laid the framework of whats good and whats bad. its all about the personal viewpoint. Good and Bad are very abstract concepts.

So am sure that tares in Christianity are truly present but that does not mean the wheat arent. He is aware of it but there will come a time He will separate the tares from the wheat...

?
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 14, 2013
If it acknowledges the existence of other Spiritual Forces, then why does it disregard their worship? is man above the Gods?

no wonder nothing is going right these days.

and why do christians not acknowledge the being of other Gods?

Do you mean it should specify the mode of other deities' worship and then the saints should worship the other deities?

No well actually they are beating their heads over the bad influences of foreign religions like islam / christianity over the Nigerian people. They are in truth not against the Gods. how you can you be against something that you feel doesn't exist. infact many of them are even neutral to the existence/non-existence of Gods.

The fact of the matter is, they are against the christian version of the God which has defiled the very image of the Spiritual Forces.

They want to counter its influence and spread.

I dont quite agree with you on that, if they are against the Christian God, they shouldnt have been arrogantly denying the existence of the supernatural which shows the existence of the supernatural...they simple swtich to other gods, dont you agree?

well it depends really. atheists accept material reality more easily.
Its still shows they are just limit, but believers in the supernatural go a step further...

experience of what? come again? I don't understand the rest.
sorry before i answer, you earlier stated that paganism dwells on experience before religion comes from the experience, what is the classification of that experience if i may ask?

the point is, do we need to hear what jesus has to say about anything? there lived many greater pearls of wisdom, before jesus ' existence and most of it was already revealed (in the written form) before what he had to say. If christianity was truly a religion of God, then would so many evils be committed in its name? The same goes with islam.

are you signifying african wisdom of pearls such as the book of the dead from egypt? Well in my view His word is needed. Hmm, is it becos other pagan religious atrocities were not properly documented hence the evil of christianity is more? Do you believe in the existence of satan?

He will come and judge those that abuse and misuse His Name...
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by Nobody: 1:27am On Aug 18, 2013
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by kamalEdozie: 10:44am On Nov 13, 2014
plaetton:

How Sadly ironic.
Christianity, the slaveship of Jesus , is still ferrying black Africans to the land of delusions and fragmented reality
Because the name 'Jesus' was derived from the word "Ichthus," which is the Greek word for Fish.
And his mother Mari (Mary) is the Roman Goddess of Venus (Friday-Frigg means Venus), and was associated with the Sea, and also with both the morning and evening Star. She bore the title "Stella Maris," "Star of the Sea," "The Sea Goddess."
April fool? April Fish?
The Pope wears a Fish Hat. REAL Christians dont eat Meat on Fridays but they eat Fish. Real Christians dont eat Meat during Lent but they eat Fish.
Jesus fed five thousand people with five loaves and two fishes? he will make them fishers of men? He walked on the Sea?
The Sun Cult altered the Apostolic Scroll
They know what they do, the April Fools dont!
"Sus" suffixed the name "Jesus" as an honour to the Greek Chief Sun God-Zeus
The African man was made a slave in the Spirit, Mind, and Body.
Kinta Kunte! your God is Jesus, and your religion is Christianity!
Who cares for some fish?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by urheme: 5:34pm On Jun 27, 2015
druid06:
Just out of curiousity. Who are the great men Africa has produced throughout the millenia?

What were their contributions to the development of Africa?

Did these "great" African men bring civilization and western education to Africa?

Good question.
And they blame me for abandoning their gods and their barbaric customs and traditions undecided
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by plaetton: 6:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
urheme:

Good question.
And they blame me for abandoning their gods and their barbaric customs and traditions undecided

And is Western education the zenith of human civilization?

True that our long history as people were hardly catalogued, and therefore remain obscure and speculative. But is very very false to say or imply that Western value systems, moral and ethical, were at any time superior to ours.
You have to stop telling yourself that.
Digging deep into European history, there is nothing negative in our culture that Europeans did not practice at one time or another.

Remember that our dense tropical vegetation, and of course, deadly Malaria, isolated subsahara Africa from trade and, new ideas, science and philosophy that circulated for thousands of years in the Northern hemispheres.

You also forget, and I remind you again, that the Moors of North Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, conquered and ruled Spain and small parts of France for a solid 800yrs, and from whence the their civilizing influence seeped into Europe.
The rest, they say, is HIS-story.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by urheme: 7:19pm On Jun 27, 2015
plaetton:

And is Western education the zenith of human civilization?

True that our long history as people were hardly catalogued, and therefore remain obscure and speculative. But is very very false to say or imply that Western value systems, moral and ethical, were at any time superior to ours.
You have to stop telling yourself that.
Digging deep into European history, there is nothing negative in our culture that Europeans did not practice at one time or another.

Remember that our dense tropical vegetation, and of course, deadly Malaria, isolated subsahara Africa from trade and, new ideas, science and philosophy that circulated for thousands of years in the Northern hemispheres.

You also forget, and I remind you again, that the Moors of North Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, conquered and ruled Spain and small parts of France for a solid 800yrs, and from whence the their civilizing influence seeped into Europe.
The rest, they say, is HIS-story.

All the same, i reject their gods undecided

Am not good at history, and i won,t even border because it won't change anything, i write base on what i see and experience.

It is normal for african men to uphold their customs and tradition no matter how barbaric and unholy it is, because it magnify's them and reduce the women, the customary world is a man's world.

You may have written very well but sorry, i'm really allergic to custom and traditions no mtter how good it is, they must be tthroughly tested.

Any thing that make one gender inferior to another repulses me. I'm gender sensitive.
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by plaetton: 7:38pm On Jun 27, 2015
urheme:

All the same, i rejec their gods undecided

Am not good at history, and i won,t even border because it won't change anything, i write base on what i see and experience.

It is normal for african men to uphold their customs and tradition no matter how barbaric and unholy it is, because it magnify's them and reduce the women, the customary world is a man's world.

You may have written very well but sorry, i'm really allergic to custom and traditions no mtter how good it is, they must be tthroughly tested.

Any thing that make one gender inferior to another repulses me. I'm gender sensitive.
Well then, I understand how your ignorance of history would make you have such unhealthy sentiments towards African cultures.

To help you understand better, note that African cultural attitudes towards women are not different from any other cultures in any remarkable way.

Up until last 100 yrs or so, European cultures also suppressed, and subjugated the female gender. Infact, female priests are still forbidden in the European cultural religions like Catholic is.

In the middle east, women are still legally considered personal property. Middle east religions encouraged the buying and selling of female children. No African culture that I know of ever practiced such.

In Asia, women are still culturally opressed in this day and age.

On the hand, in certain African cultures, for example Ghana, their matrilineal system ensured that women enjoyed more rights and roles in their culture.

In Igbo culture, women played very important roles in the social cohesion of the Igbo society.
Womenhood was celebrated, not looked down upon.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by urheme: 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
plaetton:

Well then, I understand how your ignorance of history would make you have such unhealthy sentiments towards African cultures.

To help you understand better, note that African cultural attitudes towards women are not different from any other cultures in any remarkable way.

Up until last 100 yrs or so, European cultures also suppressed, and subjugated the female gender. Infact, female priests are still forbidden in the European cultural religions like Catholic is.

In the middle east, women are still legally considered personal property. Middle east religions encouraged the buying and selling of female children. No African culture that I know of ever practiced such.

In Asia, women are still culturally opressed in this day and age.

On the hand, in certain African cultures, for example Ghana, their matrilineal system ensured that women enjoyed more rights and roles in their culture.

In Igbo culture, women played very important roles in the social cohesion of the Igbo society.
Womenhood was celebrated, not looked down upon.

I am not totally ignorant as you think, the good thing is that you are well versatile and have manage to cite numerous examples accross the globe,

I feel, there is need to harmonise mankind, as it is mankind is currently under threat, we need to think outside religion, customs, and a whole lot of beliefs idealogies of a way forward, carry what we need with us and abandon those ones that actually impede harmony.

We need positive statute to get things right, everything must be regulated: including religion and customs
Re: What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man? by plaetton: 8:28pm On Jun 27, 2015
urheme:

I am not totally ignorant as you think, the good thing is that you are well versatile and have manage to cite numerous examples accross the globe,

I feel, there is need to harmonise mankind, as it is mankind is currently under threat, we need to think outside religion, customs, and a whole lot of beliefs idealogies of a way forward, carry what we need with us and abandon those ones that actually impede harmony.

We need positive statute to get things right, everything must be regulated: including religion and customs

Sorry, when I used the word ignorance, I didn't Mean it in a derogatory manner.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do You Pray For Your Future Spouse ( Wife/husband)? / Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi, 89years, Take A New Bride (pix) / Why You Shouldn't Hurt Anyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.