Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,825 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy (95663 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by salt1: 7:44pm On Jul 07, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

It does not encourage godly living , these false visions pomote fear and hypocrisy. In other words , people start to dress like saudis , not because they love God but due to the fear of a place of torture.

Remember , even Satan appears as an angel of light.

Anything that is not done out of love is worthless.
Wrong, Frosbel. Very wrong! Love and fear go together. But it is filial, reverential fear. My children love me so much that they fear hurting me by their actions. I love God so much but I know that, as I am not an indulgent parent, He's not an indulgent Father either. He expects me to represent Him before the rest of humanity by my words, dressing(o yes I care about how my kids dress because they represent me and my values), actions etc.

Fear, filial fear, isn't negative. "And deliver them who thro fear of death were all their lifetime subject in bondage":Heb 2:15

LHappy is the man that feareth alway" Prov 28:14

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 07, 2013
salt 1:
Wrong, Frosbel. Very wrong! Love and fear go together. But it is filial, reverential fear. My children love me so much that they fear hurting me by their actions. I love God so much but I know that, as I am not an indulgent parent, He's not an indulgent Father either. He expects me to represent Him before the rest of humanity by my words, dressing(o yes I care about how my kids dress because they represent me and my values), actions etc.

Fear, filial fear, isn't negative. "And deliver them who thro fear of death were all their lifetime subject in bondage":Heb 2:15

LHappy is the man that feareth alway" Prov 28:14

God's love is not the love of fear, it is the fear of reverence, in other words the respect and honour given to GOD by not wanting to break his commandments.

God does not operate in the realm of fear, only SATAN does.

2 Timothy 1:7
King James Version (KJV)
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Strangely enough , these false visions are not directed to sinners but to believers, I wonder why , hmm. Even more strange is that most of those in this HELL place are God's children who were purchased with the blood of his SON but now find themselves in this place of torment because of wedding gown styles, rings , cosmetics etc. No one seems to be in this place for greed, not showing mercy or justice etc.

Let me tell you , these visions are false imaginations from the father of LIEs SATAN.

3 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by murphyg: 7:57pm On Jul 07, 2013
Hmmmmm.......this shows how fallible man made laws can be, divine laws dont change they stand the test of time, could this be the beginning of the end?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Ninapha(f): 7:57pm On Jul 07, 2013
oluamid: Learn to investigate things before commenting on them publicly.

I've been going to Deeper Life for over a decade and all these restrictions you guys are talking abt baffles me.

I remember some years back Pastor Kumuyi had to respond to these insinuations @ a retreat. Who said DL members don't have television? Go to Coordinators' (district pastors) houses and you'll see cable television there.

Personally, there has never been a time there was no tv at home (and mum is a church worker).

Since time immemorial, giant screens and projectors have been used to transmit (via sat) Modays&Thursdays bible studies to various district churches.

As per make-up, dressing and the like, †нэ original message from the pastor was modesty. We all know how "some people" behave. Some tend to overdo things. Especially some so-called "born-agains". Am sure the white satin and turban was gotten from the way Kumuyi's late wife dresses. Same thing goes for the Pastors of Christ Embassy perming their hair. Was it Oyakhilome that forced it on them?

To see the true picture of things yourself, try and attend the monthly end of the month retreat for youths. Scales will be lifted from your biased eyes.

Am sure most of y'all here are just hating because its not "your church".

FYI: I'm not a DL member, as a matter of fact, am not even a xtian. it just happens that I've been going to the church since I was a kid.
How can u be attending DL since u were a toddler, yet neither a member nor a christian? Nawah, are u on a mission there?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by rhames(m): 7:57pm On Jul 07, 2013
That same guy is being groomed to take over daddy's church business after he resigns.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by fxman62: 8:09pm On Jul 07, 2013
rhames: That same guy is being groomed to take over daddy's church business after he resigns.
Which guy? John? You must be dreaming! You will be surprised that Pastor Kumuyi has no such intentions. CVhruch is no business. It is not a hereditary thing. when the time comes you will see.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 07, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by gtim4uall: 8:10pm On Jul 07, 2013
Rules in life is a double edgeth sward

be careful of the rule you set for others it might just be a trap for you. . .

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 07, 2013
Please can anyone paste the verses in the bible that do not support wearing of jewelries!
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by hotmas911(m): 8:17pm On Jul 07, 2013
i dont think the man should resign. He only needs to take some time off to seek the face of God and reflect on everything. He owes the church some apologies and come to term with reality. The church needs some reform. If these can be done the future is bright for the church. And lets all watch how we talk about this man.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
At times i get tired of all these religious things...
I haven't seen any one to explain properly to me why wearing earring is a sin...
If they are not trying to drain your pocket, then they are trying to make you follow a law they dont understand themselves....

3 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by flourishG(m): 8:25pm On Jul 07, 2013
Clear waters: At times i get tired of all these religious things...
I haven't seen any one to explain properly to me why wearing earring is a sin...
If they are not trying to drain your pocket, then they are trying to make you follow a law they dont understand themselves....
blessed are u among all.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 07, 2013
Clear waters: At times i get tired of all these religious things...

Which is why we should follow JESUS in repentance, humility and love, if we are led by the Spirit of GOD we will be conformed to the image of Christ daily , but if we are led by MEN they will try to conform us to their image with various rules, regulations and tradition.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by adwem2003(m): 8:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
Abi soosi deeper life lo unlo ni? ***singing olamide*** :†ђξ
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by ebilize(f): 8:32pm On Jul 07, 2013
Imanuelle: All of them and all of una dey craze.
Wouldn't you all just allow this young couple have fun?

Okay , me too grin
u jst violatd rule no. 2.nobody is crazy here but u
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by joedlager(m): 8:51pm On Jul 07, 2013
GS SHOULD RESIGN. I DON,T SEE REASON HE SHOULD SACK JAMAICAN PASTOR.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by emmasege: 8:52pm On Jul 07, 2013
Pastor Kumuyi is one man of God i have a deep respect for. My heart cry unto God for Him at this crucial moment is that he will survive the heat of this moment, and see what the Divine hand is trying to show him about the church. I personally do not think that the turn out of event in the church over this issue is natural. Could it be that God wants to re-position the church and nullify man-made traditions. One thing is sure, any doctrine that is not of God will be shaken off in this end time, the same way celibacy will be shaken off in catholicism. Peter, the "first" pope was married, how come we now have unmarried priests and popes. God, let this wave of revival and re-awakening continue in ur church so that we can all say Maranatha! (The Lord cometh!)

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by seunlayi(m): 8:59pm On Jul 07, 2013
emmasege: Pastor Kumuyi is one man of God i have a deep respect for. My heart cry unto God for Him at this crucial moment is that he will survive the heat of this moment, and see what the Divine hand is trying to show him about the church. I personally do not think that the turn out of event in the church over this issue is natural. Could it be that God wants to re-position the church and nullify man-made traditions. One thing is sure, any doctrine that is not of God will be shaken off in this end time, the same way celibacy will be shaken off in catholicism. Peter, the "first" pope was married, how come we now have unmarried priests and popes. God, let this wave of revival and re-awakening continue in ur church so that we can all say Maranatha! (The Lord cometh!)
Thanks, I believed the GS knows how well to handle this situation with reference to his message on "Non essential Church Tradition". I pray that God will see His church through.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by olawalemanog: 9:02pm On Jul 07, 2013
donem: Am sorry to say it that Deeper life is one christian denomination which their doctrines pisses me alot, Imagine no celebration of xmas,no plaiting of hair by their ladies,until recently there werent allowed to watch TV, imagine such an enslavement! total BS.
Yes, it will piss you off because it is difficult for you to worship God...the only thing you worship is your desire nd ppl that do this will only inherit hellfire nd this is the reality.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by joedlager(m): 9:10pm On Jul 07, 2013
[quote
author=emmasege]Pastor Kumuyi is one man of God i have a deep respect
for. My heart cry unto God for Him at this crucial moment is that he
will survive the heat of this moment, and see what the Divine hand is
trying to show him about the church. I personally do not think that the
turn out of event in the church over this issue is natural. Could it be
that God wants to re-position the church and nullify man-made
traditions. One thing is sure, any doctrine that is not of God will be
shaken off in this end time, the same way celibacy will be shaken off in
catholicism. Peter, the "first" pope was married, how come we now have
unmarried priests and popes. God, let this wave of revival and
re-awakening continue in ur church so that we can all say Maranatha!
(The Lord cometh!)[/quote]. guy you are there. cpm is anoda church with 2much laws
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by yame014: 9:10pm On Jul 07, 2013
Ninapha: How can u be attending DL since u were a toddler, yet neither a member nor a christian? Nawah, are u on a mission there?

Me sef dey wonder o...most people dey deny DL now...well, i no blame am even peter denied Jesus 3times...
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by olawalemanog: 9:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
hotmas911: i dont think the man should resign. He only needs to take some time off to seek the face of God and reflect on everything. He owes the church some apologies and come to term with reality. The church needs some reform. If these can be done the future is bright for the church. And lets all watch how we talk about this man.
What you call church of God needs reform? And if i may ask who will champoom such reform? If you ask me, i think something is amiss somewhere...and, in my opinion, i think the DL is the best church standing today; the others are just mere halls of music, noise and superstitions.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by truthislight: 9:13pm On Jul 07, 2013
honorbule:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/sons-wedding-controversykumuyi-offers-to-resign/
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=552476171480829&set=a.222990231096093.55130.219647158097067

What is he waiting for ?

He should do quick jor!

The monster he created is after him.

He should not offer to resign, he should resign, simple! angry

what is he weting for ?

Is he delaying to get forgiveness ?

Hypocrite!

angry
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by olawalemanog: 9:17pm On Jul 07, 2013
frosbel:

Which is why we should follow JESUS in repentance, humility and love, if we are led by the Spirit of GOD we will be conformed to the image of Christ daily , but if we are led by MEN they will try to conform us to their image with various rules, regulations and tradition.
Give examples of ppl you know who have conformed if you are truthful. We really want to know who they are nd we will inform you concerning what they do. The only one i know is Kumuyi.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Dipwater(m): 9:17pm On Jul 07, 2013
olawalemanog:
Yes, it will piss you off because it is difficult for you to worship God...the only thing you worship is your desire nd ppl that do this will only inherit hellfire nd this is the reality.

is that a threat? why do u people like threatening people with hellfire .what if it does not exist nko?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by kumbalo(m): 9:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
dridowu: pastor kumuyi, d only man of God i trust in Nigeria, how i wish ds didnt happen.
how i wish
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by duno: 9:31pm On Jul 07, 2013
fxman62:

I have said it before and I say it now that John was wrong in what he did. every family has its own way of doing things. What the family I come from may count as bad may be what your family glorifies. John and Love were not in doubt about what DL preaches and does. If they were in disagreement, they should have left the church long ago at least after attaining the age of accountability (18). But they chose to remain! It's like being in the military and discovering you do not believe in the code of conduct of the military. A wise man will resign his commission at that point. But if he chooses to stay back and refuse to be mobilized for war on any grounds, he will be court-martialled. Ask Mohammed Ali. He was mobilized to go to Vietnam but refused to go because he did not believe in the war and he was stripped of his World heavy-weight title! Ali should have simply renounced his American citizenship but he clung to it but refused to obey America. John and Love in staying back in the church while deciding they do not believe in the doctrines of the church is the hypocrisy that I see here. Martin Luther King left the Catholic church when he could not cope with the doctrines of that organization. He was asked to recant but he placed his hand on the Bible and said to his accusers, "On this word of God i stand, the just shall live by faith" That John and Love have apologized show that they do not have any personal conviction as to what they did! They are the problem here, not DL or the GS.

The question now is should a parent share in the blame for the child's misbehaviour? Check the scripture and you will see that the answer is Yes. Eli is one clear example. The Bible in the book of Timothew prescribes raising Godly children as a prerequisite for being a deacon (church worker). In this case therefore, I agree that the Pastor should go on suspension for a few months so he can show to all that he is not above the scriptures.

And if you do not have children yet or your children are still young and they seem like angels, rather than spend time condemning DL or the GS, I suggest you begin to pray for God-fearing children because the things children do these days are becoming stranger and stranger. Its all a fulfillment of the scripture. Raise them without the Bible they give hell, raise them with the Bible, they disappoint. Where do we go from here? May God help us all.

Eli was blamed because he refused to correct his children even though he knew they were behaving badly. I do not think this is the case here. Kumuyi obviously brought up and instructed his children in the way of the Lord. However from what happened, the son probably does not believe in some of the doctrines of his fathers church. If the son had left the church on attaining the age of accountability (18) as you suggest, we are the same people that will crucify kumuyi for raising such a son/ not raising him well.

Agreed the bible says we should instruct/ raise our children in the way of the Lord. But don't let's forget that every man has the power to choose - life or death; God made us that way. So raising children is not only about laying down laws but also praying for them to choose life and to choose to do the right things. So my submission is after a parent has done all he is suppossed to do and the child still goes wayward; most especially when such a child has reached the age of accountability, the parent should not be blamed. That is saying that parents are Gods over their childrens' lives? No man can change any man, that is the work of God and the Holy Spirit. A child that goes wayward is not necessarily a result of bad parenting.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by olawalemanog: 9:31pm On Jul 07, 2013
Dipwater:

is that a threat? why do u people like threatening people with hellfire .what if it does not exist nko?
Paradise and hellfire are as sure as death itself nd all the ,essrngers of God warned us agaist them, but if you say you do not believe, then your belief in God is doubtful because it is fundamental in all Abrahamic religions.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by omonikiba(f): 9:35pm On Jul 07, 2013
waooooo, this topic is tearing me apart. he is my pastor and will remain. as for me, i think God is teaching us all a lesson and that lesson particularly to the church, the soul that sinneth shall die, not the soul that sinneth the father, mother shall die for him, noooooooo. this race is a single one. on the judgment day, young and old will stand, no father no mother, you bear your sins and face it, or you reign with CHRIST if you are righteous.

it is well.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 9:38pm On Jul 07, 2013
truthislight:

What is he waiting for ?

He should do quick jor!

The monster he created is after him.

He should not offer to resign, he should resign, simple! angry

what is he weting for ?

Is he delaying to get forgiveness ?

Hypocrite!

angry
Smh...
Jehovah witness.......confused set of people!
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by plappville(f): 9:44pm On Jul 07, 2013
frosbel:

God's love is not the love of fear, it is the fear of reverence other words the respect and honour given to GOD by not wanting to break his commandments.

God does not operate in the realm of fear, only SATAN does.

2 Timothy 1:7
King James Version (KJV)
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Strangely enough , these false visions are not directed to sinners but to believers, I wonder why , hmm. Even more strange is that most of those in this HELL place are God's children who were purchased with the blood of his SON but now find themselves in this place of torment because of wedding gown styles, rings , cosmetics etc. No one seems to be in this place for greed, not showing mercy or justice etc.

Let me tell you , these visions are false imaginations from the father of LIEs SATAN.

GBAM....EVEN THE VERY ELECTS MAY FALL FOR THEir vision/revelations.....THE BIBLE HAS enough WARNING FOR BOTH BELIEVERS AND UNBELIEVERS.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by vislabraye(m): 9:55pm On Jul 07, 2013
texaco1: why is everyone taking this matter so serious ?the couple did nothing wrong . i guess they are just been haunted by their own people .

They did nothin wrong agreed. When U make rules, you have to abide by them. That's the laws dia fathers made, so de children shud abide by dem.
I was brot up in Deeper Life and they usE to have 3 House Fellowships in our house. I saw a lot of things.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (32) (Reply)

Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos) / Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Reacts To Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.