Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,300 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy (95583 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by texaco1: 10:50am On Jul 07, 2013
Danhumprey: Cooling yourself? Guy,you try o. You no go church?
my guy me i dey work 7 days oo
kose duro wo (you cant stand and watch while others are making money )yoruba adage
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 07, 2013
hypocrites and phraisees these deeperlife leaders, they are not jealous for Jesus , they are jealous for their man made DEAD TRADITION.

Well I got news for y'all, God is about to free his sheep from your grievous burdens and bondage.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by mesther96(f): 10:50am On Jul 07, 2013
texaco1:
u don start ur own rebel movement already , u are surfing the web during a church service grin grin ,
well i just hope this doesn't lead to the breaking up of deeper life church
i no b real memba b4 sef,i just dey do eye service,mayb because of ma parentswink
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by texaco1: 10:51am On Jul 07, 2013
i gbadun ur style jare
u must be a politician grin grin
m.esther96:
i no b real memba b4 sef,i just dey do eye service,mayb because of ma parentswink
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by mesther96(f): 10:56am On Jul 07, 2013
texaco1:
i gbadun ur style jare
u must be a politician grin grin
politics my foot!cheesy

i hope on ma wedin day i will b free 2 dress lik love odihsadsad
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by texaco1: 10:58am On Jul 07, 2013
m.esther96:
politics my foot!cheesy

i hope on ma wedin day i will b free 2 dress lik love odihsadsad
simple
get pregnant before the wedding ceremony
that will automatically disqualify u from doing ur wedding in the church grin grin grin grin
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by mesther96(f): 11:00am On Jul 07, 2013
texaco1:
simple
get pregnant before the wedding ceremony
that will automatically disqualify u from doing ur wedding in the church grin grin grin grin
lol.badt boy! if i shud do dt,my parents wl disown me! i trust them!smiley
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by texaco1: 11:04am On Jul 07, 2013
m.esther96:
lol.badt boy! if i shud do dt,my parents wl disown me! i trust them!smiley
at least u will get ur man and ur beautiful wedding dress wink
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by mesther96(f): 11:09am On Jul 07, 2013
texaco1:
at least u will get ur man and ur beautiful wedding dress wink
my parents worth more dan dose tinz u just listed!smiley

12 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 11:23am On Jul 07, 2013
Pastor William Kumuyi offered to resign as
General Superintendent of the Deeper Life
Bible Church following the controversy that
trailed the wedding of his second son, John.
John Kumuyi and his wife, Love had
engaged in acts, which negated the church’s
tradition during their wedding held in
Jamaica on June 15, 2013. Love, who is a
daughter of the National Overseer of Deeper
Life Bible Church, Jamaica, Pastor Augustine
Odih, was dressed in a fitted stylish
wedding gown with transparent short
sleeves. She also wore makeup, jewelry and
carried a bouquet of flowers. The couple
cruised in a limousine and had a huge
wedding cake.
The misdemeanor, which attracted
widespread criticisms, had earned the
newlyweds suspension from church
activities despite showing remorse and
tendering an apology to the church, blaming
their misconduct on the fact that both of
them had resided abroad for so long.
Sunday Sun gathered that the practice in the
Deeper Christian Life Ministry is that if
members’ children misbehave, both the
children and their parents get punished on
the grounds that it’s the parents’ failing in
their responsibilities that made the children
to err. Although the children involved in the
Jamaican wedding infraction are adults, the
leadership of the church regarded their
action as a strong breach of its tradition,
and immediately removed the bride’s father,
from his position as National Overseer in
Jamaica.
To demonstrate that there is no double
standard in the church, it was further learnt
that Pastor Kumuyi, at the meeting held by
the leadership of the church on the matter,
offered to resign as General Superintendent,
but was prevailed upon not to.
According to the Sunday Sun source, the
General Superintendent did not take kindly
to the couple’s behaviour and, unlike Eli in
the Bible who did not discipline his sons
and incurred the wrath of God, Pastor
Kumuyi had ensured that the offenders
were sanctioned.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pablojerry(m): 11:24am On Jul 07, 2013
if he does that will be too bad,i believe it was a mistake on the part of the son .even in the bible it say 'YE WITHOUT SIN SHALL CAST THE FIRST STONE' embarassed[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Symphony007: 11:26am On Jul 07, 2013
One does not comment on primitivities like the deeper life bible church.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by otokx(m): 11:26am On Jul 07, 2013
Why is petrol being added to dying fire?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by denzel2009: 11:26am On Jul 07, 2013
I wonder what the church would do if they know the couple make love dogggy style.

8 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by patholaw: 11:28am On Jul 07, 2013
m.esther96:

the lord is watching u....
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by bidis: 11:30am On Jul 07, 2013
for me there is nothing wrong usibg a limo and dressing well for ones wedding so u wt dem to dress like mourners

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by dare2think: 11:31am On Jul 07, 2013
Man Made Doctrines = Man Made Results

6 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 11:31am On Jul 07, 2013
frosbel: hypocrites and phraisees these deeperlife leaders, they are not jealous for Jesus , they are jealous for their man made DEAD TRADITION.

Well I got news for y'all, God is about to free his sheep from your grievous burdens and bondage.

smiley
grin grin grin
he don come again again

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by oloriooko(m): 11:31am On Jul 07, 2013
need to hear from the church itself, all these hearsay are not reliable.

but this guy
denzel2009: I wonder what the church would do if they know the couple make love dogggy style.
is really nuts grin grin grin
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by loswhite(m): 11:32am On Jul 07, 2013
He should just resign na .why e cum dey offer to resign

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by nekaa(f): 11:32am On Jul 07, 2013
The matter cirous reach like that?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Atigba: 11:33am On Jul 07, 2013
I here by accept his resignation. He has deceived millions of christians with man made doctrines yet him and his family doesn't practice any of the doctrine.A leader should should lead by example.one of my anty refuse to wear gold because of his teachings,Pastor kumuyi has failed!
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by dridowu: 11:34am On Jul 07, 2013
pastor kumuyi, d only man of God i trust in Nigeria, how i wish ds didnt happen.

10 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 07, 2013
plappville: .What is wrong with this Deeper life self, how can they condemned the use of limousine, gold etc on their wedding day.... shocked

Didn't Abraham offers precious gifts to his sons future wife in the bible? Joseph also accepted a gold ring from king Pharoah. The bible does not condemned the use of gold. God's tabernacle was built with gold donated by the people etc....I don't understand the way Africans are taking Christianity.

Gen 24:53
Then the servant brought out gold and silver jewelry and articles of clothing and gave them to Rebekah; he also gave costly gifts to her brother and to her mother.

Song of Solomon 1:10 Your cheeks are beautiful with earrings, your neck with strings of jewels.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by plappville(f): 11:35am On Jul 07, 2013
MR XELA: you be beans. who come tell u say them neva come across this cheapter they have their reasons

Whatever their reasons, God never condemn/prohibits his children from using these things. God forbids when we use them as idol. There are numerous verses in the bible that shows the use gold by biblical righteous figures. Are the DL holier than them?....,African no dey take last to over read meaning to religious matter. We know better than the people that brought Christianity to us.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Okeikpu(m): 11:35am On Jul 07, 2013
Omalu iwu ahu nyuo nsi..grin
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by thehomer: 11:36am On Jul 07, 2013
Of course he should resign. How dare his daughter-in-law try to make herself look pretty on her wedding day? So this is what passes for a serious crime in this church? Well they must have a lot of time and resources on their hands.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by bidis: 11:37am On Jul 07, 2013
d lord luks at d heart most of dem dress like primitives what will dey do if they heard d couple they suck or do doggy or standi or sidi
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Dantedasz(m): 11:39am On Jul 07, 2013
Mr kumuyi needs to step down from his post, rules are meant to be obeyed,more so they are his own rules.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Tinablack: 11:40am On Jul 07, 2013
Religion! Na dm Sabi

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by solomon111(m): 11:41am On Jul 07, 2013
Na wa o.
Is this how the devil will infilterate deeper life?
Though i respect kumuyi for refusing to be a hypocrite.
God bless you sir.

6 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by patholaw: 11:41am On Jul 07, 2013
I have a fwend in skool...he haz been attending deeper life since his birth...nobody wear pencil jeans reach am for skool, clubing he dey, womanizing he dey....d guy is just attending to please his parents...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Adeboye Inscribes Redeem Logo On New $65m Private Jet!!! / Share Your Experience With Fetish Friends, Neighbor, Landlord, Co-worker Etc / Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.