Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,136 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy (95580 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by RoyalRoy(m): 11:45am On Jul 07, 2013
All men are free to believe whatever they want to!!!

All I observed is that this Pastor who I so much respect has been seriously undermined by his own Son!!!

If the father of the wife has been removed, for the "sins" of the daughter, then Pastor Williams Kumuyi need not "offer" to resign but resign also!!!

8 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by ceospecial(m): 11:45am On Jul 07, 2013
Imanuelle: All of them and all of una dey craze.
Wouldn't you all just allow this young couple have fun?
NL breeds... Wasted generation
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by mars123(m): 11:46am On Jul 07, 2013
God doesn't care about these things these ones are doing here sef,when time comes to pass judgement,God is not going to look at how ugly youve looked all your life.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 07, 2013
Deeper life, I think they're confused set of people lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Leebeedo(m): 11:48am On Jul 07, 2013
kelvin1191: Are we going to call it tradition, custom or belief? They wann make d woman tie wrapper?

Wrapper ke? The go excommunicate u for deeper life oh, na chair material(a.k.a akpo oche) the dey wear. E don even better now sef, before na tea the dey share for wedding as food, na there I see where the make tea for inside drum
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by samilo88(m): 11:49am On Jul 07, 2013
I just read the whole news on the posted link. Come to think of it most christian leaders commended the acts of the church. There must be discipline in the house of God. To think that Tunde Bakare can still come out to condemn other church leaders is a shame. Someone who drag the name of Christ to the mud is now quoting scriptures out of context. Didn't he read in the scripture about being unequally yoked with unbelievers now he is quoting scriptures.
@Op next time don't just extract excerpt, try posting everything on the link because most niaralanders are to lazy to find out every info before posting trash.

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 07, 2013
nairaland shall i begin ;Dnairaland shall i begin
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by solomon111(m): 11:50am On Jul 07, 2013
bidis: d lord luks at d heart most of dem dress like primitives what will dey do if they heard d couple they suck or do doggy or standi or sidi
These doctrine of "God only looks at the heart,so you can wear whatever you want" will lead many people to hell.
I don't know where you people got that from in the bible.

3 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Lovetinz(m): 11:51am On Jul 07, 2013
m.esther96:
dts nice,afterall my parents were suspended d last tim i wore miniskirt 2 church!

Come to my church, you can wear micro if you want smiley
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by nitlad: 11:51am On Jul 07, 2013
Leebeedo:

Wrapper ke? The go excommunicate u for deeper life oh, na chair material(a.k.a akpo oche) the dey wear. E don even better now sef, before na tea the dey share for wedding as food, na there I see where the make tea for inside drum

shocked shocked

grin grin grin
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by riskit33: 11:51am On Jul 07, 2013
m.esther96:
i no b real memba b4 sef,i just dey do eye service,mayb because of ma parentswink
if u're an adult then i guess it's time for u to decide for yourself miss, and quit walkin in your parents shadows because when the time comes you'll answer for yourself before your Maker your parents ain't gonno do that for you

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by premlove(m): 11:52am On Jul 07, 2013
He should resign! U that made the law should abide by it after al the bride father was stripe off his position so wat is d big deal

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by mars123(m): 11:52am On Jul 07, 2013
disturbing themselves over man made laws,the one given to them by God to forgive one another they've completely ignored...is this the only wedding present they could give the couple?
Bad belle join this one oo.

3 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Jetland(m): 11:53am On Jul 07, 2013
Though am Deeper life member, but on this issue, i seal up mouth lest i sin against God and men.

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by PHIPEX(m): 11:53am On Jul 07, 2013
This is getting serious and DL needs to watch it before they fall prey to the antics of the devil. I don't support his son for making a mess of what his father has built overtime, if he knew he wasn't going to abide by the rule he should have left the church long time ago. But maybe this is an opportunity to take a second look at some of these traditions in question especially if the offence can not be considered a sin but offence against their tradition. I hope this wouldn't be like the case Jesus referred to.

Mt 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

3 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by gerald09(m): 11:54am On Jul 07, 2013
John shuld tell Deeper life church people to take their church n stick it where the sun don shine. That is wat is wrong with dis f*uckin religion a*sses, remember Jesus Christ said he came to dis world for the sinners not the righteous. Why push out a sinner when u suppose to bring dem closer n teach them how to change there ways not remove dem cos NA UNA HOLY pass.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by obayaya(m): 11:56am On Jul 07, 2013
Imanuelle: All of them and all of una dey craze.
Wouldn't you all just allow this young couple have fun?

abi? they for wear transparent gown sef.. nothing spoil
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Sealeddeal(m): 11:58am On Jul 07, 2013
Those that have been looking for ways to criticise Deeper Life Ministry have actually found one and are not mistaking in leveraging on that to vomit their venoms. The fact is,whatever actions that taken by the leadership will be done in such a way to give glory to God and strenghten the ministry which i so much trust. Though,i am not a member of Deeper Life,i find their tradition so adorable and i wish to join them one day.

10 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by omonla10(m): 11:59am On Jul 07, 2013
denzel2009: I wonder what the church would do if they know the couple make love dogggy style.
grin
denzel2009: I wonder what the church would do if they know the couple make love dogggy style.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by elampiro(m): 11:59am On Jul 07, 2013
I am not a deeper life. But this thing has been taken too far.

Marriage that is a good thing is what have been used to cause unnecessary noise. Can't they close their eyes to some things? Even if it's their church's law, their is room for amendment after mistakes.

Just saying.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
I still slam one last week, Juliet... Fondled every every ... Abeg kumuyi should go and sit down, all this things n/a wash sad

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by uche08(m): 12:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
plappville: .What is wrong with this Deeper life self, how can they condemned the use of limousine, gold etc on their wedding day.... shocked

Didn't Abraham offers precious gifts to his sons future wife in the bible? Joseph also accepted a gold ring from king Pharoah. The bible does not condemned the use of gold. God's tabernacle was built with gold donated by the people etc....I don't understand the way Africans are taking Christianity.

Gen 24:53
Then the servant brought out gold and silver jewelry and articles of clothing and gave them to Rebekah; he also gave costly gifts to her brother and to her mother.

abraham and rebeca u mentioned are not church leaders,
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by TOBIeee68(m): 12:01pm On Jul 07, 2013
I dnt fink dose pple πð wat D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ r doin diz man z a 2ruly man of G̲̣̣̣̥ÔD̶̲̥̅̊ I pity pple sum pple knw wot u̶̲̥̅̊ say ϯ♡ man of G̲̣̣̣̥ÔD̶̲̥̅̊
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by leke12(m): 12:02pm On Jul 07, 2013
Am also a christian, in my own perspective the couple want to be more innovative and civilized compare to an arcade practice. A case study of the use of television that was formely banned by the church for their members, virtually all members have T.V in their houses including the top pastors. The couple are just trying to set a good example.....

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by solomon111(m): 12:02pm On Jul 07, 2013
It seems the word of God which says "love not the world,neither the things that are in the world" has gone out of fashion in this generation.
Even the few still keeping that holy standard are being corrupted by the pressures of the world.
Smh.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by solomon111(m): 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2013
Sealeddeal: Those that have been looking for ways to criticise Deeper Life Ministry have actually found one and are not mistaking in leveraging on that to vomit their venoms. The fact is,whatever actions that taken by the leadership will be done in such a way to give glory to God and strenghten the ministry which i so much trust. Though,i am not a member of Deeper Life,i find their tradition so adorable and i wish to join them one day.
Thank you very much.
I believe everything will be done to the glory of God.
The devil cannot win.

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Btruth: 12:06pm On Jul 07, 2013
texaco1: why is everyone taking this matter so serious ?the couple did nothing wrong . i guess they are just been haunted by their own people .

You are right. I think what matter most is how to get a mind set of getting to heaven, rather than been concern of the physical appearances. Let us all search our heart though. We cannot continue cleaning the outside of the pot, rather, we should concentrate on cleaning the inside.

At this peril time, we should try encouraging each other about our spiritual relationship with God, and not pointing an accusing fingers to each other. Who is righteous anyway? We are only leaving by grace through our little faith.

Making heaven is all that matter here I suppose. And God knows that sinner like myself only need His grace & not by my hand work.

Shalom.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by kennyfao(m): 12:06pm On Jul 07, 2013
Hmmm!!! I have always n I will always respect Pastor Kumuyi, so if he says he is resigning cos of this issue am 1m% sure he will. But of a true eeh the son bleeped up. He got carried away by the sweetness of a woman and allowed his environment to get to his head. He failed his dad, he failed the Church and he failed himself.

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by obayaya(m): 12:07pm On Jul 07, 2013
but wait o... kumuyi remarried after his wife's death. abi that one dey their church laws Too? 50+ years old virgin? lmao.. ndi uka
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 07, 2013
I will keep saying this, STOP FOLLOWING MEN, FOLLOW JESUS.

The crucified ones have a strong sense of and security in the headship of Jesus Christ. They resist the pressures of traditional Christianity to submit to the headship of other men but are given to the scriptural order of 1 Corinthians 11:3 " But I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ ; and the head of the woman is the man ; and the head of Christ is God " . Any other headship , to them , would be false and offensive to their sincere spirits.

Their insistence upon the headship of Jesus Christ is an offense to traditionalists /institutionalists who , for some reason , want to bring men into submission to men.
https://www.nairaland.com/modifypost?post=16655083&redirect=%2F1349372%2Fcrucified-ones-under-headship-lordship%2316655083
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 07, 2013
i know that this does not concern the muslims. but i am gonna say whats on my mind anyways.

depriving women not to wear gold is senseless and one wonders what benefits it holds in the lives of people if not used as beautification specifically by women?

but the hypocritical general overseer is lying in his heart by his 'offer', knowing full well that no one in the house he built will tell him to get out. he could have resigned since the father of the bride was removed without any 'offering' to stay.

wasn't kumuyi the one holding the bride in a picture? was he unaware of the whole thing before the bride stepped out on to the stage?

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 07, 2013
I love brother Kumuiyi and I think that he has helped create this problem, but God wants to lead him in a different non-traditional direction. Problem is he is held hostage by the local champions in Nigeria who will rather stick to man made tradition than the truth of the gospel.

Well, God is taking his church back, better stay out of the way, the sheep are not yours, if you resist God he may remove you from your place.

We should be for freedom in Christ, not bondage to man made traditions.

smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Adeboye Inscribes Redeem Logo On New $65m Private Jet!!! / Share Your Experience With Fetish Friends, Neighbor, Landlord, Co-worker Etc / Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.