Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,279 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Why Don't You Eat Before Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Don't You Eat Before Church? (12075 Views)

Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? / Is Morning Prayer At Home Before Church Services On Sunday Important? / Why Don't Women Cover Their Heads In Church Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by Idriswhite(m): 9:11am On Jul 07, 2013
I am not a bible scholar. I create this thread to garner informations on some persons doctrines of not taking breakfasts before going to church. Is it written in the bible that one should not eat before going to church on Sunday? If not, why do you stop yourself from eating before going to church?

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by k2039: 9:15am On Jul 07, 2013
I'm not used to taking breakfast even on week days, I have programed my body that way.

So, my eating breakfast has absolutely nothing to do with the day, it's just the habit I have cultivated over time.

It's not in the bible that one shouldn't eat breakfast on Sabbath, that's utmost heresy from the cockpit of the devil.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by Danhumprey: 9:57am On Jul 07, 2013
It doesn't hav anytin to do with the Bible,ok? It's just has to do with your personal reasons and preference. Personally,I rarely take breakfast before heading to church on Sunday for some reasons,ranging from not wanting to be late and also don't want to feel dizzy and heavy while in church.

5 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by mesther96(f): 10:05am On Jul 07, 2013
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by mesther96(f): 10:05am On Jul 07, 2013
its ur choice,d bible dsnt specify dz,if i no tke breakfast i no go gt stamina 4 prayers sef,so i tke breakfast!smiley
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by ashmanpolo: 10:17am On Jul 07, 2013
If u eat (e.g beans, eba, bread n eggs) before going to church, just tell us u'r going there to sleep and when ur pastor catches u sleeping, slowly raise up ur head n say AMEN. He'll think u were praying
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 07, 2013
Because I want to eat the word 1st..
Spiritual tins

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by PStacks(m): 11:56am On Jul 07, 2013
grin Na hunger never fire you.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by yuzedo: 11:56am On Jul 07, 2013
1. God didint used to answer d prayer of who have chop bellefull. Only who have not chop 1 packet of indomie since 7weaks ago dat he can answer. undecided

2. If I eat & go to church does my church member will no am reach & I have foooood in my house so dey will be vissiting me everyday. Wuz dat?! angry

So das my reasons. Tenk. smiley

11 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by patholaw: 11:57am On Jul 07, 2013
Some1 like me dat church starts before 8am if i wait to eat, i wld be late....so most times i don't eat.
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by Fenix: 11:59am On Jul 07, 2013
Good question. I just never bothered with eating before church. It has nothing to with what the pastor said or anything. I just don't. smiley
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 07, 2013
can't remember the last time I had breakfast, let alone before church, there isn't really a reason either smiley
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by Sijo01(f): 12:01pm On Jul 07, 2013
...not use to taking breakfast early.
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by Evestar200(f): 12:02pm On Jul 07, 2013
[color=#000000][/color]i dy chop wella b4 i dy go church

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by vizboy(m): 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2013
just a personal thing. Dont like eating before going to church

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by mascot87(m): 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2013
Why are you generalizing that? If you or some other people don't take breakfast before going to church, that doesnt mean that some other people don't
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by ShirelleBaby: 12:05pm On Jul 07, 2013
i for lie but today is sunday
FOOD NEVER READY

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by Cupidkc(m): 12:05pm On Jul 07, 2013
....As for me,its a thing of choice. Am not really a breakfast person. Guess am used to going out without having one.....''brunch'' is more like my thing.
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by sobaemma(m): 12:07pm On Jul 07, 2013
Man i day eat ooooo,except if i be catholic member than i will not cus am sure am their time,but u see pentecostal church no try am,cus my guy that one na as the spirit led,u go see when 2 hours they still day dance for offering,preaching 2 hours plus,prayers?prayers that one till infinity,make guy chop better o

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by scaler345: 12:08pm On Jul 07, 2013
I no remember the time I go church last ....... phew!
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 07, 2013
two things: time factor and appetite
m.esther96:
BUSTED!!!
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by zuma4k(m): 12:13pm On Jul 07, 2013
Shewwww... All of una no dey eat again
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by bknight: 12:14pm On Jul 07, 2013
Its recommended that you do not eat breakfast before church, its not a sin. Eating before church might make u late, it may make u sleepy during service (some go nack proper strong eba 4 morning bfore church),some will spend their offering on breakfast (pastor won't like that wink ), for catholics: u are not to eat before communion. Some may also turn it to fasting to coincide with the day.

m.esther96:
its ur choice,d bible dsnt specify dz,if i no tke breakfast i no go gt stamina 4 prayers sef,so i tke breakfast!smiley

shocked sister m.esther sylvanus of the Lord's Chosen: Prayer na wrestling? Take am easy abeg o

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 07, 2013
I don go church this year sef
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by nekaa(f): 12:16pm On Jul 07, 2013
Makes me sleepy....
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by victorv12(m): 12:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
What do most Nigerians have at home to eat? Nothing really!

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by fingard02k(m): 12:22pm On Jul 07, 2013
and who told you that?? @ OP

i don't play with my breakfast..
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by 1121: 12:28pm On Jul 07, 2013
I think it makes u spiritually alart. Though is not an habit that is easy to cultivate, but once cultivated, u will not only limit it to sunday but extend it to other days of d wk. I think it aids concentration and position ur spirit man easily for divine blessing

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by danchuzzy(m): 12:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
nadia_SA: Because I want to eat the word 1st..
Spiritual tins
for your mind oh....
Mtschewwwwww
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by jmoore(m): 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2013
Morning service: I don't eat before going to church

Afternoon service: I eat before going to church

na when hunger catch you belle go demand food
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by nairaman66(m): 12:35pm On Jul 07, 2013
1. Time factor

2. Prayer Factor.

Without food, it is much more better to pray!!
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by KaineYuzedo(m): 12:36pm On Jul 07, 2013
The time factor i guess... always hurrying to church before the preacher calls me unrespectful to God for being tardy!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will Bad People Burn In Hell? / Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! / I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.