Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,475 members, 7,812,465 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Why Don't You Eat Before Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Don't You Eat Before Church? (12072 Views)

Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? / Is Morning Prayer At Home Before Church Services On Sunday Important? / Why Don't Women Cover Their Heads In Church Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by Emmysteve(m): 12:36pm On Jul 07, 2013
for those saying they dont take breakfast at all, you are doing urselves no good. Breakfast is very important, its better to skip lunch than breakfast

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by LabourParty(m): 12:37pm On Jul 07, 2013
OP are you serious?
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by ritux: 12:37pm On Jul 07, 2013
My church starts by 6AM and closes around 8AM so I think there is no need eating. Besides it is too early for me to eat by 6AM
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by solomon111(m): 12:39pm On Jul 07, 2013
It's a sign of spiritual discipline.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by Gombs(m): 12:39pm On Jul 07, 2013
...Because it'll make me sleep, and because first service is 7:30 am and I cnt afford being in church later dan at most 7:45am

And BTW, its kinda a tradition...pops n ma never allowed us eat before church...except you still sucking life outta mumsi's breas.t or you are below 7!

And I thank them for dat tradition!...BTW I'm in my mid 20s, cnt remember wen last I ate before chrch service.
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by Gifted4all(m): 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2013
just personal nt back up frm d bible
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 07, 2013
I only smoke my ganja before i go to church.
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by Christmasdon(m): 12:55pm On Jul 07, 2013
...take soft food. It'ii be better.rather than eating.
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by bonetalk(m): 12:57pm On Jul 07, 2013
Danhumprey: It doesn't hav anytin to do with the Bible,ok? It's just has to do with your personal reasons and preference. Personally,I rarely take breakfast before heading to church on Sunday for some reasons,ranging from not wanting to be late and also don't want to feel dizzy and heavy while in church.
same as my reasons, in addition, we are CAC member in our family, so that's how we were brought up and i like it and adapted to it
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by bingbagbo(m): 12:58pm On Jul 07, 2013
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by Danniey: 12:59pm On Jul 07, 2013
Over time, I have realized dat I I get dizzy, weak when I take my breakfast on sunday morning. However, some other reasons might be a causing factor : lateness, laziness (not wanting to cook esp. Bachelors).
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by nickz(m): 1:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
Eucharistic fast(if I have to take breakfast it has to be done very early.peronally,like 2-3 hours before service) smiley
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by viktor556(m): 1:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
I dnt eat ooo so that whn I tell God I need food and money, he'll be like ' hey Gabriel, that dude hass nt yet eaten, let's bless him'..
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by Teegurlee(f): 1:10pm On Jul 07, 2013
Who told u dat I dnt eat breakfast b4 going 2 church? I dey chop my eba wella.
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by bonetalk(m): 1:10pm On Jul 07, 2013
Gombs: ...Because it'll make me sleep, and because first service is 7:30 am and I cnt afford being in church later dan at most 7:45am

And BTW, its kinda a tradition...pops n ma never allowed us eat before church...except you still sucking life outta mumsi's breas.t or you are below 7!

And I thank them for dat tradition!...BTW I'm in my mid 20s, cnt remember wen last I ate before chrch service.
so u be 25, long life to us bros
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by john1632: 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
no food 4 house.and its alsó bcus i no wan slip 4 church
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by drwebs: 1:21pm On Jul 07, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
1121: I think it makes u spiritually alart. Though is not an habit that is easy to cultivate, but once cultivated, u will not only limit it to sunday but extend it to other days of d wk. I think it aids concentration and position ur spirit man easily for divine blessing

you are right.
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by endibe(m): 1:23pm On Jul 07, 2013
I eat before going 2 church becos an hungry cannot praise de lord
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by tareigns(m): 1:24pm On Jul 07, 2013
To give space for the after service IYAN (pounded yam)
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by weazley(m): 1:26pm On Jul 07, 2013
Because I may experience running stomach, constipation or gas, d last time I droped an atomic in church, .... even me shock at d climatic interference it caused in church dat day, *makes sign of d cross*Have mercy lord,
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
danchuzzy:
for your mind oh....
Mtschewwwwww
Thts what I believ in I don't remember saying u must do the same undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by drwebs: 1:35pm On Jul 07, 2013
Personally, I do it for spiritual reasons and have trained myself that way.

When you fast(stay without food), you give your spirit man more dominance over your body and therefore, you become more alert spiritually to hear and receive from God.

when you feed your body continually without fasting and praying, your body dominates your spirit. This is one of the reasons why someone can sleep in church even when he(his spirit) wants to shY awake to hear the Word of God.

In other to hear and receive easily, you should train yourself to fast while engaging in any spiritual exercise especially if you are on the receiving side.
For those who do work in church, its ok if they take a light meal.

I also recommend that we(as Christians) fast(stay without food and water from 6am to 6pm) at least once a month. This is because fasting is beneficial to your spirit as well as your physical body.
There are some illnesses that can be avoided by fasting regularly.
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by godman01(m): 1:35pm On Jul 07, 2013
I usually do not eat to church on sundays and it is not fasting. There's nothing holding me back from eating before I go and I do sometimes.
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by senator2k9(m): 1:40pm On Jul 07, 2013
As a catholic, what must we do to be in a state of grace in order to receive the blessed sacrament?? To be in a state of grace is to be free from mortal sin and keep the prescribed fast(1hr b4 communion) water does not break dis fast .
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by senator2k9(m): 1:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
danchuzzy:
for your mind oh....
Mtschewwwwww
As a catholic, what must we do to be in a state of grace in order to receive the blessed sacrament?? To be in a state of grace is to be free from mortal sin and keep the prescribed fast(1hr b4 communion) water does not break dis fast .
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by Nuezha(m): 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2013
it's simple, a worker or minister who needs be in church by 6am has no food in his/her agenda. for the congregation it's ok.
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by Bleszin(f): 1:52pm On Jul 07, 2013
yuzedo: 1. God didint used to answer d prayer of who have chop bellefull. Only who have not chop 1 packet of indomie since 7weaks ago dat he can answer. undecided

2. If I eat & go to church does my church member will no am reach & I have foooood in my house so dey will be vissiting me everyday. Wuz dat?! angry

So das my reasons. Tenk. smiley
C hw u murda english nd pidgin.... grin
yuzedo: 1. God didint used to answer d prayer of who have chop bellefull. Only who have not chop 1 packet of indomie since 7weaks ago dat he can answer. undecided

2. If I eat & go to church does my church member will no am reach & I have foooood in my house so dey will be vissiting me everyday. Wuz dat?! angry

So das my reasons. Tenk. smiley
C hw u murda english nd pidgin....
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 07, 2013
Please it has nothing to do with pastor or bible PERSONALLY...I don't eat b4 going to church buh 2dy I no go lie hunga won kill me... grin
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by collynzo2(m): 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2013
Because I can't find the apetite to eat early in the morning. Not on Sundays, not any other day.
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2013
Its a personal thing. For me, i was brought up that way, mum will never give u food b4 going to Church and now am used to it. I guess its cos of the time factor and its also lyk discplining me (us).
Re: Why Don't You Eat Before Church? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
Idriswhite: I am not a bible scholar. I create this thread to garner informations on some persons doctrines of not taking breakfasts before going to church. Is it written in the bible that one should not eat before going to church on Sunday? If not, why do you stop yourself from eating before going to church?

You said 'persons doctrines' so its an individual thing. There's no where in the Bible that says one shouldn't eat before going into God's presence. People don't eat because its a little early(some churches start as early as 7am. At that some would even still be making-up). And then when you return at 11a.m you'd still be hungry so what's the point?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo , Wf Kumuyi And Enock Adeboye Occultic Exposision / The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists / How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.