Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,668 members, 7,865,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:36 PM

" No, Owambe Street Party Must Go On" - Lagos Big Boys To Fashola. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / " No, Owambe Street Party Must Go On" - Lagos Big Boys To Fashola. (1155 Views)

Ambode Presents Gift To Fashola At Law Dinner (Photos) / Agbaje’s Response To Fashola’s Tax Indictment / Prophet To Fashola: Re-open Yaba Railway Market Or Lose Your Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

" No, Owambe Street Party Must Go On" - Lagos Big Boys To Fashola. by Nobody: 8:29am On May 18, 2008
It’s all nonsense”, Onilearo said. “ Is the government saying I can’t hold party in front of my house? If I want to name my child do I have to go to an event centre? This law will fail. There is no way it can be implemented. The government has failed to take our culture into consideration. That’s why the law will not work.

If they want to arrest people for holding parties on the streets they will have to build more prisons because the ones they have now will be inadequate for the people that will end in jail”, Onilearo said

http://www.tribune.com.ng/18052008/news/news2.html

Nigerians are at it again. Fashola and co. are out to destroy our culture.
Re: " No, Owambe Street Party Must Go On" - Lagos Big Boys To Fashola. by SkyBlue1: 8:42am On May 18, 2008
Destroy culture? So because someone wants to hold party whole streets have to be blocked, causing traffic everywhere? Causing people delays to their own activities because someone wants to have a party? Is that not just pure selfishness in the name of culture? Can't these people find backyard? Can't they go and block roads in their own respective villages?
Re: " No, Owambe Street Party Must Go On" - Lagos Big Boys To Fashola. by DisGuy: 6:45pm On May 18, 2008
party in front of my house?

someone should remind him the place is not his, the house belongs to him but not the front!

in fact i hope they sign a law for noise pollution and anti-social neighbours!

onilearo should go and build party halls and watch his money quadruple!! grin
Re: " No, Owambe Street Party Must Go On" - Lagos Big Boys To Fashola. by bigfather(m): 6:51pm On May 18, 2008
Sky Blue:

Destroy culture? So because someone wants to hold party whole streets have to be blocked, causing traffic everywhere? Causing people delays to their own activities because someone wants to have a party? Is that not just pure selfishness in the name of culture? Can't these people find backyard? Can't they go and block roads in their own respective villages?

Don't we have traffics before the owambe road blocks ? undecided
Re: " No, Owambe Street Party Must Go On" - Lagos Big Boys To Fashola. by winnteam(m): 7:29pm On May 18, 2008
Who the hell does this character think he is?

These sort of people should be put in jail.

They say democracy is beautiful because of deviants like this. Would he have dared to utter a word during military rule?

Sometimes I wish we were still in that era.

BIG BOYS MY FOOT! STOLEN MONEY!!
NONSENCE!!!!!!! angry shocked cool
Re: " No, Owambe Street Party Must Go On" - Lagos Big Boys To Fashola. by lucabrasi(m): 1:24am On May 19, 2008
what kind of yeye culture?i think the man is right with that law,its hight time these kind of actions are taken to clean up lagos, im sure people will still be having owambe parties outside but it ll reduce it and slowly eradicate it as well,most of these people go abroad and they see how things are done , its the gutters and pure water satchet problems he needs to sort out now,
Re: " No, Owambe Street Party Must Go On" - Lagos Big Boys To Fashola. by landis(m): 8:10am On May 19, 2008
Party should be held in 'your garden' or backyard.

in most places, the 'front' is immediate on the road as such roads must remain free at all times.

the government needs better communication.

(1) (Reply)

Urhobo Elders Blast Clark Over Attacks On Ibori / Bola Tinubu Stops Pastor Bakare's Radio Message / Terror Watch List: Nigerian Lawmaker Deported From Amsterdam Schiphol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.