Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Love Your Enemies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love Your Enemies (451 Views)

How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. / Satan Ministry: How To Curse Your Enemies. / Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love Your Enemies by sidespin: 3:51pm On Jul 07, 2013
LOVE YOUR ENEMIES

Mtt5:43-48, ‘’You have heard that it had been said, Thou shall LOVE your neighbour, and HATE your ENEMIES. But I (Jesus) say to you, LOVE your ENEMIES, BLESS them that curse you, do good to them that hate you and PRAY for them which despitefully use you and persecute you…….’’

ROM12:19-21, ‘’…If your enemy hunger, feed him; if your enemy thirst, give him drink…(19) do not avenge yourselves…’’

These are the days you see people praying out of Scripture. Please be careful because we are in the LAST DAYS. I see some praying their boss, colleagues, family members etc to die that they may progress. What evil? What wickedness? The New Testament teachings is clear about this matter. Let’s follow Jesus and Paul on this matter.

There’s so much wrong practices nowadays. If we’ll stick to the Word despite what contrary word we hear, we will save our own soul and be more effective in the service of God. Wishing the death of your enemies is not Christ-like at all.

We were once an enemy of God, He did not destroy us. We have all wrong some people at one point or the other. If they prayed we died and God answered such DUMB prayers, we would have perished. Thank God He’s not like that. Those who call themselves my enemy, may God be more merciful to them and grant that they get saved in the Name of the Lord Jesus. They can’t hurt me according to the Bible.

I’ve noticed that those who pray such wicked prayers are never free from enemies. This is because it’s unscriptural. Devil enjoys such prayers. Let’s follow Jesus and Paul. Let’s learn the LOVE-WALK. Love covers multitudes of sin. There are many Scripture quotations on this, but I decided to quote just these duo. There’s not a single place in the New Testament where we are told to pray against our enemies. Love Rules!

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Wisdom (9) / What Are You Thinking? / Council Of Nicea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.