Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? (8672 Views)

In Ramadan, My Wife Doesn't Want To Sleep With Me / How To Overcome Sexual Temptation In Ramadan / What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by Moshkom(m): 11:37pm On Jul 28, 2013
Same things av been eating b4 Ramadan nau!
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by ChainBlinger: 11:49pm On Jul 28, 2013
Bread and Beans for sahur, drinks 1liter of water. Dat na 6 to 6 oh...before I gets hungry na till 4 or 5pm. As man no get wife nko! Sumtimes I dey swallow eba weller.. Rice no follow for sahur cos rice na lontin.

1 Like

Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by Iaz93: 11:50pm On Jul 28, 2013
Adikam: Make una Dey deceive una sef
what's your problem? Why you dey find trouble. . pagan!
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by ProfSule(m): 12:13am On Jul 29, 2013
I eat every every, i no send.
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by otian: 12:30am On Jul 29, 2013
what is d cost of gari
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by HisExcellencyM(m): 12:42am On Jul 29, 2013
Shukran barakallahu feekh!
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by Siraleeyu(m): 12:45am On Jul 29, 2013
As for me I use to take noodle for sahoor, I break my fast wit fruits, den later after ishaa prayer I eat d normal food, but I don't eat much durin ramadan
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by Nobody: 12:53am On Jul 29, 2013
I eat very light at sahur and breaking
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by DMainMan: 3:09am On Jul 29, 2013
deols: Let me start by asking-

Do you find sahur(saari) easy to eat? What do you like to eat and why?

I can eat anything edible. Dont ask me y
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by deols(f): 3:23am On Jul 29, 2013
What to say before eating (this applies now and after Ramadan)

1 Like

Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by deols(f): 3:24am On Jul 29, 2013
And After Eating...

2 Likes

Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by Bsmartt(m): 3:52am On Jul 29, 2013
i always try to eat light for my sahur due to my lack of appetite and i mos times break my fast with either dates/fruit and afterwards hot cereals like eko(pap)/koko (sorghum) with akara/moi moi.May Allah accept our Fast as an act of worship....ameen
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by Ayoobscom(m): 4:06am On Jul 29, 2013
For sahur, a halfportion of semovita or spaheti most of the times, I may not remember to drink water after eating

Halfportion bcoz once I try fullportion I'm useless for d rest of the day.I'm fatigued by d weight

However,for breaking,I do my normal orange at times pineapple or watermelon,after which I retire to drink pap and akara and that is it...

The pap is purely jero and ginger..a little peppery and very milky,plus akara..u will love it

@deols,I especially appreciate your techniques of creating opinionated topics likes this, with a glimpse opportunity to fortify us with interactive knowledge and a uniting spirit

Some people on this topic now know what prayer to say when they break their fast

Jazakalahu khairan

1 Like

Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by mu2sa2: 4:47am On Jul 29, 2013
For iftar, first dates following the example of rasul, then water melon and banana. This is followed by either pap with moi moi or spagetti. I try to finish with eating befoe 8 pm to allow for digestion befor sleep. For sahur its boiled rice or swallow with stew and veg or bread with tea. I eat less portions in ramadan - heavy eating makes one sleepy.
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by kliq(m): 5:23am On Jul 29, 2013
Alhamdulilai!!!hp d spellin is ryt...our muslim brodas and sistas remember us in prayers and most importantly pray for peace in d Nation cheesy

4 Likes

Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by MusicCafe: 5:34am On Jul 29, 2013
well, I live alone so for sahur, I drink water or tea or custard once in a while. I dont like cooking, so I dont bother. Sometimes I pray in the morning before I drink up whatever i resolved to take but not everytime sha. For iftar, I take date, orange and apple, and any other food I get, mostly Ghanaian food. Well, it is the life of a bachelor. Yeah I stocked food too, I bought a carton of indomie at the begining of ramadan. I will open it this evening.

1 Like

Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by drkass: 5:34am On Jul 29, 2013
Just a can of malt for sahur, dat's all.
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by raeez(m): 6:24am On Jul 29, 2013
For sahur when I was in skool I buy moi-moi and bread to eat since I can't be waking up to prepare food for myself bt since I got home I eat anything that is prepared but I will still prefer rice over any swallow cos it stays longer in d stomach . For iftar date palm and orange b4 maghrib and bread /garri with moi-moi/beans after maghrib
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by Sike(m): 6:54am On Jul 29, 2013
To me, it's anything goes.
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by kwajahafiz(m): 7:19am On Jul 29, 2013
I eat one meal a day at noon day.....yea, plenty of water the rest of the day.....No eating or snacking till the next noon day meal....I tried doing the ramadan fast with a moslem friend just for the heck of it, but found that a lot of food intake is encouraged after sun down till sunset. I went back to my more austere regimen. I found out that there s very little fasting going on..the eating times are just switched thats all. night eating replaces day eating.
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by kevoh(m): 7:44am On Jul 29, 2013
kwajahafiz: I eat one meal a day at noon day.....yea, plenty of water the rest of the day.....No eating or snacking till the next noon day meal....I tried doing the ramadan fast with a moslem friend just for the heck of it, but found that a lot of food intake is encouraged after sun down till sunset. I went back to my more austere regimen. I found out that there s very little fasting going on..the eating times are just switched thats all. night eating replaces day eating.
Exactly what I've noticed, eating times are just switched! Folks are even more concerned with food to be eaten when breaking at this period that you wonder if the purpose is not defeated, though I like the fact that some of my muslim friends try to be at their best behaviours at this period, no dirty talk and stuffs like that.
NB: Don't ask me how I know cos I've spent some time with muslim folks and in a completely dominated muslim country hence my conclusion.
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by didicold(f): 8:06am On Jul 29, 2013
@topic,
i rarely eat @ sahur since last ramadan, i drink water tho, i learnt its acceptable,

for dinner anything will do, potatochips/eggs, amala, eba, spaghetti, rice,sweet potatoes, whatever floats my boat sha.i got constipated last week, so its good to incorporate veggies into d diet @ times, i consume a lotta water and tea @ iftar.
I shopped pre-ramadan, d freezer and d fridge was stacked do i didnt av to go to d market, and we keep a few biscuits @ hand so u can av sometin lite to chew on bfore d food gets ready.
All in all great experience so far Insha Allah, akuu ipalemo odun o
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by Ashabie(f): 8:32am On Jul 29, 2013
Eating during Ramadan has been a very serz task for me,I only biscuit and water for sahur and do lots of duah.I guess this hhappen simply cos am the only one fasting in my home.and iftar any light food that won't make me heavy so as to get up in time for my thajud.took lots of fruits and water,wch a times prevent me from eating.any wch way may Allah accept all our effort as an act of ibadah.

1 Like

Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by Ayoobscom(m): 9:16am On Jul 29, 2013
@kevoh

You are saying the same thing most my xtians friends/colleagues say..but is laughable, you see,Allah did not intend to kill you by allowing you starve beyond endurance and that is why it is even inpermisible to go beyond the recommended time and if you think 5 to 7 still too short,why not join us and see?

I mean right now I've lost more than 10pounds and you need to see me at five six pm.

However,Ramadan is not to unleash a gruesome starvation upon you as people but a bearable and endurable length of hours to increase you in Iman,piety,even health and most importantly closeness to the Almighty Allah

So stop reasoning like its should ve been a torture to death exercise

3 Likes

Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by baba2nday(m): 9:20am On Jul 29, 2013
Salam alaykum,this is a very nice thread...actually when i was in school, i used to think that u have to fill ur stomach so you wont feel hungry,but trust me...it never worked..as hours into the day, you start to feel a bit hungry..especially when u have "tiring lectures"...but,like 3 ramadhans back,i decided to research on Foods that keeps one active for longer periods and "Fibre" was a common name i came across.So i always take cereals that have got high fibre content most times for sahur,mostly after i have had a slice of bread or two. And for iftar,i break with dates/or (this biscuits called "datebars"wink...and if those arent available i takes other fruits..then crown it with rice or spag or noodles...and if there's amala or pounded yam with a nice soup to go with...That iftar couldn't be any better.. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Islam,the World And The Media.. Is This The Connection? (cartoon Illustration) / Fasting on the day of Arafah and ruling when it falls on Saturday / Contacting TV Shows Of Practitioners Of Witchcraft And Sorcery To Ask For Ruqya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.