Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? (8671 Views)

In Ramadan, My Wife Doesn't Want To Sleep With Me / How To Overcome Sexual Temptation In Ramadan / What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by Ibidapson(m): 9:27am On Jul 29, 2013
custard has bn M̶̲̅a choice since τ̲̅ђe start of Ramadan aπϑ do take 3 fruits of date palm often durin iftar
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by IAMBREEZY: 10:06am On Jul 29, 2013
Good to know.
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by Walexz02(m): 10:43am On Jul 29, 2013
I love to swallow during sahur and then I'll top it with pap. For the iftar, anything goes. The most important thing for me is to take my pap during sahur, i hardly take water during sahur period. My pap does the wonder.
May Allah accept our ibadah.
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by Cocodiva: 10:44am On Jul 29, 2013
Nice thread, MashaAllah. I didn't stock up much pre-Ramadan because I don't really like long refrigeration for my food. So I do few days and revisit the market.As per the meals,I realize that variety is key in ramadan to avoid been bored with food which equally leads to loss of apetite.and nutrient consideration is also important cos during this period,even at iftar,you can't really eat much.you get full easily,don't know why.so I try to plan my meals to be balanced as much as possible.
At sahur, I have meals like swallows,rice,spagetti along with moi-moi (which usually is left from sahur meals) plantain etc and good amount of fish /meat then fruits
Then for iftar, after breaking with date fruits and water,I like been creative with rice which is about the main staple we have around . Beans with plantain or potato chips,yam etc along with fruits and veggie smoothies
As per timing,I believe it depends on location because weather conditions for various locations differ.but for lagos,sahur should be rounding off at about 5:15-5:20am and iftar should commence at about 7:05-7:10pm. We really should be appreciative of this fine weather we've been experiencing so far in this ramadan.May Allah make the rest easy and accept all our requests.
We should also remember,the search for lailatul Qadr has begun.may Allah make us witness it-amin

3 Likes

Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by LagosShia: 10:55am On Jul 29, 2013
Bismillah.

When about breaking my fast,I recite salawat upon the Prophet (sa) and his Ahlul-Bayt (as) followed by a short dua.it goes like this:

Allahumma Solli ala Muhammad wa alee Muhammad.
(O Allah bless Muhammad and the pure progeny of Muhammad)

Bismillahir-rahmanir-raheem
Allahumma laka somtu wa ala rizqika aftartu,Allahumma fa taqabbal minni innaka antas-sami-ul-alim.
(In the name of Allah most merciful most gracious.O Allah I have fasted for you and with your sustenance I am breaking my fast,O Allah accept from me,you are the all hearing all knowing).

I prefer to pray maghrib before breaking my fast as per the hadith of the fifth holy Imam of the Ahlul-Bayt (as),Imam Muhammad al-Baqer (as),that salat is wajib (obligatory) while the act of breaking your fast is not.so we should prefer the wajib over any act.

I like to break my fast as per the sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (sa) and his Ahlul-Bayt (as).I use dates,else I use fruits,water or juice.

Depending on my mood and how hard/easy the day was,I may eat heavy foods directly,or eat light ones.then I pray again and I can continue eating late into the night.waking up for sahur in my case is not easy,but as per the sunnah,you should do sahur even just with a drink of water.usually eating light on sahur with lots of liquid is best,as you can feel light during the day.
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by swtdarling(f): 11:05am On Jul 29, 2013
i wont lie,my cooking doesnt really make me spend much time on tahajud as much as i want to.i wake up 4.30-4.40 to cook and do tahajud at the same time.i find it hard to wake up earlier,cos of stress of wrk cry.may Allah forgive me.

Anyways for sahur,i eat rice(cook it d nite b4),indomie,eba and vegetable.i dare not take tea for sahur,it makes me very thirsty.

For iftar,i eat moimoi and oat,rice,bread and egg/beans,rice,spag,yam and egg.etc
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by eksbabe(f): 12:19pm On Jul 29, 2013
Nice thread u guys got here, not a muslim tho. May Allah accept ur prayers

1 Like

Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by braine(m): 1:36pm On Jul 29, 2013
eksbabe: Nice thread u guys got here, not a muslim tho. May Allah accept ur our prayers
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by Mustay(m): 1:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
kwajahafiz: I eat one meal a day at noon day.....yea, plenty of water the rest of the day.....No eating or snacking till the next noon day meal....I tried doing the ramadan fast with a moslem friend just for the heck of it, but found that a lot of food intake is encouraged after sun down till sunset.

I noticed eating here but not drinking - yes, no big deal at least we've seen the report of a man who survived for days with WATER!
Ayoobscom has already highlighted some of what I'd have written but all the same, Ramadan ain't just about abstinence from food and drinks, that's just a part of it. That you see Muslims 'encouraging' large intake during sunset doesn't mean they're right - afterall, during Eid-il-Adha(Illeya), you have 'Muslims' who fight with rams which is wrong. Similarly, the prophetic tradition doesn't encourage eating without caution as he recommended 1/3 food, 1/3 water and 1/3 air.
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by deols(f): 2:08pm On Jul 29, 2013
kwajahafiz: I eat one meal a day at noon day.....yea, plenty of water the rest of the day.....No eating or snacking till the next noon day meal....I tried doing the ramadan fast with a moslem friend just for the heck of it, but found that a lot of food intake is encouraged after sun down till sunset. I went back to my more austere regimen. I found out that there s very little fasting going on..the eating times are just switched thats all. night eating replaces day eating.

Even as an obese person, no nutritionist would encourage eating a day. You may have to reconsider that.

On the other things said, you've been well replied.

Ramadan is beyond the non eating and drinking. Fasting is first, an obedience to Allah.
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by lemmings(m): 1:33am On Jul 30, 2013
as a student/bachelor, indomie for sahur,sometimes bread and milk,lol..student wahala.
And oranges,pineapples for breaking. Then i go for the rice. I find the urge irresistable. I avoid beans and yam during this time if i can. Increases my thirst.

But since ASUU gave us respite from the stress of lectures and allowed us to spend Ramadan with our families, Its been cereal for sahur and fruits for breaking and eba/wheatmeal(wheat semo).

I don't eat heavy.
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by maclatunji: 1:34pm On Jul 30, 2013
Had Yam and egg at iftar last night, had bread and egg at sahur with cocoa drink. You can imagine what my stomach is like at the moment. Surprisingly though, it is not so bad.
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by Cocodiva: 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
maclatunji: Had Yam and egg at iftar last night, had bread and egg at sahur with cocoa drink. You can imagine what my stomach is like at the moment. Surprisingly though, it is not so bad.

Lol , Maclatunji . Wetin happen ? cheesy
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by maclatunji: 3:05pm On Jul 30, 2013
Coco diva:

Lol , Maclatunji . Wetin happen ? cheesy

Life now. Too many things to do and too little time.
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by Cocodiva: 6:22pm On Jul 30, 2013
maclatunji:

Life now. Too many things to do and too little time.

May Allah make it all easy
Re: What/How Do You Eat in Ramadan? by maclatunji: 6:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
Coco diva:

May Allah make it all easy

Ameen. Your prayer is on point.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Islam,the World And The Media.. Is This The Connection? (cartoon Illustration) / Fasting on the day of Arafah and ruling when it falls on Saturday / Contacting TV Shows Of Practitioners Of Witchcraft And Sorcery To Ask For Ruqya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.