Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,057 members, 7,838,682 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

ASUU Has Not Called-off The Strike - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Has Not Called-off The Strike (17663 Views)

ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi / Has ASUU Strike Been Called Off? / When Is ASUU Calling Off The Strike? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Has Not Called-off The Strike by brosun(m): 10:21am On Jul 08, 2013
torres2:

then who regulate the private uni? Another commission abi? There cert isn't B.Sc abi
That's the point! The NUC also regulates them. But don't forget that the laws establishing them are not quitethe same laws establishing the state or federal universities. The fees they charge are "private" to them and some of their owners don't affiliate with trade unions for very obvious reasons!
Re: ASUU Has Not Called-off The Strike by buoye1(m): 10:24am On Jul 08, 2013
siraj1402: Thank God its Monday.Hope I bi 2nd to comment sha. grin
...OGA where did u keep ur brain?how is ur comment related to d topic...smh....like dis cmmnt if he's a fool

1 Like

Re: ASUU Has Not Called-off The Strike by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 08, 2013
No nation @ this time is talking about strike again but here we are in naija. Abeg house don tire students o abeg!
Re: ASUU Has Not Called-off The Strike by greatestman(m): 11:05am On Jul 08, 2013
Agrika: ..sincerely, it doesnt bother me any longer, at level 500 plus 1 year remedial sciences, i have seen it all, whatever steps they decide upon they should follow..i no fit kill myself
pathetic
Re: ASUU Has Not Called-off The Strike by Mexyz(m): 11:51am On Jul 08, 2013
If ASUU wants to call d strike off,they shud do dat nw o b4 i leave benin for lag o.
Re: ASUU Has Not Called-off The Strike by hayubee(m): 11:57am On Jul 08, 2013
Aluta continua!!!! Victoria ascetra!!!!!
Re: ASUU Has Not Called-off The Strike by Hearme(m): 12:01pm On Jul 08, 2013
ASSU made the said agreement and forced government to sign it through strike during YARADUA'S tenure. It is crazy asking for a whooping 93Billion yearly allowance. The moment the FG approve it the states uni will ask for same and Students will be the once to pay for ASSU greed.[uote]

ASUU is not a member of the Armed Forces so how could they have forced the Commander-in-Cheif of the Armed forces. If you dont want government who is subsidizing eductation to pay 93 billion will you pay 350K for your school fees?
Re: ASUU Has Not Called-off The Strike by mrking3(m): 12:01pm On Jul 08, 2013
brosun: You're the one who is trying to be selfish and ignorant here! State universities are part of the Nigerian university system. They are regulated by the same National Universities Commission, and they are part of ASUU. The strike is also their strike, just as a degree earned from a state university is equivalent to a degree earned in a federal university. You're therefore wrong in assuming that this is a battle between "FG" and "federal varsities", and that the breach of agreement will not impact on state owned universities. In Nigeria, we have ONLY ONE university system, whether the university is owned by the state or by the federal government. In electing to renege on an agreement it freely entered into with ASUU, it is the FG that should be held accountable, not the expectations of university lecturers, whether you consider them to be selfish or not!
Meanwhile, FG through its Ministry of Education led by
Prof. Ruqayyatu Rufain will Monday, meet with
stakeholders in the industry, which included Vice
Chancellors of Federal universities and their Governing
Councils, together with INTERESTED Vice Chancellors of
State and Private universities.

So what can you make out of this Irrational statement by †ђξ minister? Meaning State and Private Uni's A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ not key stake holders in †ђξ said agreement? Imagine †ђξ statement? Nonsense!!!
Re: ASUU Has Not Called-off The Strike by hayubee(m): 12:04pm On Jul 08, 2013
hayubee: Aluta continua!!!! Victoria ascetra!!!!!
Water run away me eye! Water run away me eye wen I remember ASUU water run away me eye aye aye water run away me eye!!!!!
Re: ASUU Has Not Called-off The Strike by godman01(m): 12:46pm On Jul 08, 2013
Who dey distribute rumor before?
Re: ASUU Has Not Called-off The Strike by philfearon(m): 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2013
*The President comes out*...
"My fellow Nigerians,we are sorry about the current Strike situation in the Country..A committee will be Set up to look into the Matter,Thank you"..
*Walks out*..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

11 Career Success Tips For Students / Nairaland Interschool Debate Match Two :Abu Zaria vs Funaab WINNER: FUNAAB / Where To Buy Or Purchase Nursing Form In Delta State Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.