Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,126 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Another Aircrash In USA- Killing 10 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Aircrash In USA- Killing 10 (1714 Views)

Photos: No Aircrash In Lagos, NEMA Explains What Happened / BREAKING NEWS!!! Taraba State Governor, Dambaba Suntai Dead In An Aircrash / BREAKING NEWS: Governor Of Taraba Dies In Aircrash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Aircrash In USA- Killing 10 by sEyi6: 6:31pm On Jul 08, 2013
ogugua88:

Record-breaking? According to who?

Major crashes are a rarity here. The Korean airliner was due to piloting error. The pilot landing the plane was the most inexperienced out of all four. He has very little experience with a 777. It was also his first time landing in San Francisco and did not receive help (or enough of it) from his more-experienced peers. It was too low, too slow, and they did not signal for help until 1.5 seconds before impact.

As for the Alaskan crash, it's an unfortunate tragedy. No one is saying it's okay, but put things in perspective. 2 planes crashing out of approximately 90,000 is 0.000022%. Of course one would wish the number is 0, but that's life for you. Crashes will happen due to mechanics, human error, or circumstances beyond their control, such as weather. The USA does a great job in preventing crashes and preventing loss of life if they do happen. The USA isn't perfect and never will be, but they certainly know how to be the best or one of the best in a lot.

If you choose to not crash at all, then stay home. Life can never be without disaster. Disasters can be reduced, and they have been immensely, at least over here.

Staying at home does not even guarantee safety. What if plane crashes into a person's house who stays at home trying to be safe?
Re: Another Aircrash In USA- Killing 10 by akpomeme(m): 6:54pm On Jul 08, 2013
SLIDE waxie: what fuckin chances? undecided

If it's Nigeria, u will be quick to place a fault even before outlining any 'chances'!

Why dnt u go to hell and take a nap!
But I am with you on this one. Almighty moralizer USA got it wrong twice in a day. First they say San Francisco' airport was too busy to guide all landing plane to safety, then secondly Alaska blamed o weather and mountains. I am with you on this one bro.
Re: Another Aircrash In USA- Killing 10 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 08, 2013
duality:

Some folks will insult the president if he makes a statement like this. even if its a fact. If this had happened in Nigeria, lots of folks will focus on blaming Aso-rock. I'm not attacking you but just considering if this actually happened in Nigeria. People will scream "failed system", "failed nation" "failed leadership" etc forgeting that we are all stakeholders in the Nigeria Project.

A President of a nation isn't supposed to make such statements. Citizens can. He's there for a reason.

1 Like

Re: Another Aircrash In USA- Killing 10 by duality(m): 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2013
masonkz:

A President of a nation isn't supposed to make such statements. Citizens can. He's there for a reason.

That to me, is total rubbish. Both presidents and citizens are joint stakeholders in nation building. Do you sometimes think the president is more Nigerian than every other person? or he is a super human and the citizens less human? Please be honest. Besides, when a president says such, it could be his own way of sowing empathy and sympathy.
But are Nigerian really that honest with this thought pattern? If the president comes out tomorrow and say 'Nigeria is great' some persons will still object to it, claiming that Nigeria not great.

1 Like

Re: Another Aircrash In USA- Killing 10 by akpomeme(m): 7:40pm On Jul 08, 2013
This is the problem with Nigerians. You wrote well.
Re: Another Aircrash In USA- Killing 10 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2013
duality:

That to me, is total rubbish. Both presidents and citizens are joint stakeholders in nation building. Do you sometimes think the president is more Nigerian than every other person? or he is a super human and the citizens less human? Please be honest. Besides, when a president says such, it could be his own way of sowing empathy and sympathy.
But are Nigerian really that honest with this thought pattern? If the president comes out tomorrow and say 'Nigeria is great' some persons will still object to it, claiming that Nigeria not great.

How will you feel like, if at every disaster and every bombing, the president comes out, and instead of telling us the way forward for such situations or his plans, says "it happens everywhere"? That should only be in a discussion that he's having with his friends, family or in a forum like this, and not when addressing a nation! My opinion still.

All the same, I'm not disputing the fact that the citizens have little or no faith in the workings of the country. You and I know the issues, blind hope being one of them. Same reason people are finding the easiest way out of the country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anyone Seen The Massive Hotel Build By Mrs.patience GEJ In Bayelsa / Shouldnt Our Aspiring First Ladies Debate For Nigerians? / MASSOB Intros United States Of Biafra Vehicle, Driver Licences & Int'l Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.