Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,965 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

The Need To Revive My Phantom - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Need To Revive My Phantom (1139 Views)

Engineers In The House!! Bbm Wont Work On My Phantom G9 Anymore! / Pls Help Me With My Play Store On My Phantom A+ / UPGRADING My Phantom A+ To 4.2.2. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Need To Revive My Phantom by africanboy(m): 9:43am On Jul 08, 2013
I have been using my Tecno Phantom for about two weeks (and it isnt so bad a phone), but...

yes, there is a but, the internal storage was just too small for me. 1gb. Had to move some apps to sdcard and clean cache quite a number of times. Wasnt always required, only when installing a new app and google play wanted a temp space.

Now, there is this internal memory card storage that isnt being used. Its on the phone, just partitioned as a storage and not for data. I felt it could be useful.

So I tried to do a symlink using DirectoryBind, but I read that it might not be a lasting solution and I need to restart the phone a couple of times (to charge faster). So I went ahead and used the MT65x Repartition Tool. I selected 2GB (or so) and rebooted the phone. But the internal storage was still 1GB while the internal storage was gone. Thinking I chose the wrong option, I went and ran the partition tool again and selected another size and ...... phone no longer comes on.

It is stuck in a boot loop. Any ideas to how I can recover it?
Re: The Need To Revive My Phantom by sidvinci(m): 10:33am On Jul 08, 2013
Your fone don brick. You need to set your fone to factory reset from recovery mode
Re: The Need To Revive My Phantom by africanboy(m): 11:20am On Jul 08, 2013
Thankfully, not. Good thing I did a nandroid backup from recovery. I have just restored it and the phone came on again.

After coming on, I now have 2.96 internal storage (so the repartioning worked). Not sure I have cache space anymore, but...

I promptly repartitioned to 2gb (yes, I know, I am stubborn) and went through the process again. I got a message that my internal storage might be damaged and I should format the sdcard. Since I dont know which sdcard it is referring to, I am backing up the external card first.

*fingers crossed*
Re: The Need To Revive My Phantom by africanboy(m): 11:32am On Jul 08, 2013
I'm okay now.

Re: The Need To Revive My Phantom by LordReed(m): 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2013
africanboy: I'm okay now.

Didn't your Mom teach you not to play with fire?
Re: The Need To Revive My Phantom by africanboy(m): 7:54pm On Jul 08, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Didn't your Mom teach you not to play with fire?

she did, but I have been through the flames and I came out unscathed!

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy Don Chop My Money Tire!! / How To Use The Airtel Unlimited Plan On Your Android Phone / Samsung Galaxy S5 Leaks Again, Set To Feature Eye-scanner.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.