Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) (22040 Views)

MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) / Photos: Reconstruction Of Okota Road, Isolo Lagos In Progress / Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by chizel: 8:39pm On Jul 08, 2013
I mean polluting the whole place with noise
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by amiskurie(m): 8:49pm On Jul 08, 2013
u be captain jack sparrow?...y u go carry motor enter bermuda triangle??
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by plaindealer: 8:54pm On Jul 08, 2013
I wonder why they are not using domain laws to take over these houses and get it over with. LAGOS STATE is Very lenient sha...
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by mbulela: 9:00pm On Jul 08, 2013
who approved these houses built,in the first place?
we need to start tackling issues from their roots.

3 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by KwoiZabo(m): 9:01pm On Jul 08, 2013
The roads are so bad that we pass there with prayers. it was raining one morning our car got stuck we had to pull our shoes and swim. It is now called Ago by waterside. Eko don baje for A C N hand
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by oyinmio: 9:37pm On Jul 08, 2013
A friend of mine who built a house there has gone to rent a house outside ago. He almost lost his job due to lateness to work. Another bad major road is oshodi road from the post office my car got spoilt there yesterday
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by oyinmio: 9:45pm On Jul 08, 2013
[b][/b]
enemmo:

Rubbish! Were you not aware that the Landlords sued Fashola for over two years and it was in 2011 that the case was settled.If I hear say Fashola neglected the area because of Ibos.Who dash them area. Abeggi,Next time when they are building Houses they will leave three metres offset.
. Case settled in 2011 and this is 2013.
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by 1ndidi2(f): 9:57pm On Jul 08, 2013
philclem: angry angry angry angryWas there last week,u need to see how bad the road is and yet the houses In this same area are very xpensive angry

Expensive much I tell u! There is a house I know,4storey building, 3bedroom flat, 850 a year!

But if u see d street!! Daaayuum! Abasi o fiouk! U can't take a comfortable catwalk on ur street(which are actually much worse off than d main road)

Majority of d residents are ibos!! Pity.
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by kel4soft: 10:25pm On Jul 08, 2013
This is Greater Port Harcourt

Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by aruniwar(m): 10:30pm On Jul 08, 2013
Any ACN online!!!

Only foul will vote for this people in next election!!!

1 Like

Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by demsy21(m): 10:30pm On Jul 08, 2013
the only thing they know is just to eat fufu with amala mixed
GooseBaba: Chineke me' .. What is this? The local government dey sleep? Wahala dey...
awon ode burku
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by richjohn1(m): 10:32pm On Jul 08, 2013
Fashola dis is a record low in d history of Lagos Badagry express is hellish and horrible, okota same thing the list is endless may God have mercy
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by nawahoo(m): 10:38pm On Jul 08, 2013
Most of the houses in this Ago are new house that are tastefully built, the reason why the house rents ate on the high side. Lagos state make so much money in this area because other is so much development going on this area. So it is quite saddening that the government (state and local), would not consider ameliorating the plight of people in this area. The story of neglect by Lagos state government based on ethnicity may not be farfetched. This area is predominantly occupied by the easterners. How come other areas of Lagos are experience major infrastructural developments including roads, yet this whole axis has been left out of this development? Governor Fash, kindly look into the plight of this people and don't wait till election is around the corner even if you are not seeking reelection. angry

1 Like

Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by dayokanu(m): 10:45pm On Jul 08, 2013
[size=16pt]38 communities in Ikorodu in Lagos suffer extreme bad roads[/size]

http://scannewsnigeria.com/news/38-communities-in-ikorodu-in-lagos-suffer-extreme-bad-roads/

SO which Easterners are staying in ikorodu to have bad roads?
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by Maxymilliano(m): 10:52pm On Jul 08, 2013
The situation is almost the same everywhere in Lagos, hope a lasting solution will be proffered to ameliorate the situation.

1 Like

Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by kolexy(m): 11:42pm On Jul 08, 2013
2ru-talk:
90% of the roads in Satellite Town are not motorable. Its only a gullible fellow that will keep singing praises for this failed Governor called Fashola. As far as I am concerned if we take a comparative analysis of internally generated revenue of all the States in Nigeria and their developmental efforts so far, Fashola is one of the least performing Governors in Nigeria. Its only a docile fellow who cannot take cognizance of the huge internally generated revenue that accrues to Lagos State coupled with the accumulated huge amount of money released to the State (owed by FG to Lagos State during Tinubu's regime)that will come here to vomit rubbish.

Only a dumb fellow like you would use IGR and not entire income accrued to make comparison.
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by Leopantro: 12:11am On Jul 09, 2013
Maxymilliano: The situation is almost the same everywhere in Lagos, hope a lasting solution will be proffered to ameliorate the situation.

why are they pushing a bus into river Niger?
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by Aikayy: 2:23am On Jul 09, 2013
slim fit :

It's not the governors job to repair those roads ask or tell your local government chairman.
Oga, saay what u know pls! That is a state road.
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by Nobody: 2:34am On Jul 09, 2013
supaeagles: Person needs correct car to pass through that river oh!

You actually need a boat or a canoe for that.
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by otokx(m): 3:57am On Jul 09, 2013
Leopantro:

why are they pushing a bus into river Niger?

Me sef wonder
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by bashydemy(m): 4:38am On Jul 09, 2013
joel lala:

the road is terrible and a serious eyesore. fashola has failed ago-okota
Point of correction they failed themself, Fashola intend to construct the road and they sue the State Government to court. So what do you want Fashola to do? to reject court order and break the law?
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by TonySpike: 5:40am On Jul 09, 2013
mbulela: the case was settled in 2011 and 2 years later such pics still exist?
Why do we hate the truth?That Fashola has failed the people in Ago-okota axis does not exclude the fact that he has done well in the state as a whole,it simply means that he can do better.
You guys are quick to trumpet the court case as an excuse,i guess you need to go find similar court cases as defense for the states of Isheri-Osun- Ikotun bridge, the Barrack-Tedi road and even the Ajao estate-Oke Afa link bridge. some of those roads/bridges have been under construction for over 5 years.

Bro, that court case was only successfully completed around September/October 2012 and not 2011. I've lived in Ago since 18 yrs and I happen to know one of the landlords involved in that Enoma case. Well, the truth about this road is that it was meant to be wider like the Ago-Amuwo road. Unfortunately, the cost of projected demolitions sky-rocketed and LASG has to reduce the road width. Even at that, certain trade-offs had to be made between Taiwo and Enoma B/stops. I think the heavy traffic on the road spurred LASG to split the constructiion of the busy Ago Junction-Mobile end into two. The second part of the work are the pictures the OP put up here. I'm not sure of the status at the moment, I must confess.

I personally think Ago is too congested at the moment and more people are still moving in. With the ongoing Oshodi-Apapa expressway construction and the recently commissioned Cele-Itire bridge, that road is more busier than ever. Ago-Okota was not initially built for the level of traffic it's experiencing now. I believe the way forward is that the inner roads should be completely tarred, this will help reduce the pressure on Ago-Okota road. My opinion though...
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by TonySpike: 5:58am On Jul 09, 2013
mbulela: who approved these houses built,in the first place?
we need to start tackling issues from their roots.

You still don't get it. That road was not strategically built right from the 80's. As it is now, Ago-Okota Way should be a mini high-way, and not the small width design it has now. Most of the houses being demolished have their C of O's as far back as the early 80's. If only the government back in the early 80's had projected the crazy congestion that'll be encountered in the future, Fashola wouldn't need to demolish any structure today. Ago only opened up after FESTAC was built in 1977; guess what? FESTAC is experiencing the same decay too. Lagos wasn't built for the population she is now experiencing. Like Shymexx said, more people need to leave Lagos and I agree.

When I started living in Ago around 1995, it was a very quiet, decent and friendly area. Today, it is fast becoming a hell-hole with high population. The type of recent buildings at Ago now actually reminds of Upper Iweka area in Onitsha. So, strategic planning is the issue here...
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by DramsQ: 7:14am On Jul 09, 2013
Emperor5c: For a minute I was thinking maybe this is aba not the reverend lagos.
So finally eko has baje-ed.

Eko has more than baj-ed o.yesterday I got home at 12am just because of d bad state of lagos-badagry expressway.That road is TERRIBLE.People had to come out of buses to trek to their house.Its very unfair that a govt whose sole purpose is to protect d welfare of its people,is doing d exact opposite and putting peoples lives at risk.Latter come 2015 one person go tell me say'I had no shoes'hian.Na today
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 09, 2013
KwoiZabo: it was raining one morning our car got stuck we had to pull our shoes and swim. It is now called Ago by waterside.
grin grin grin
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by dansmog(m): 7:39am On Jul 09, 2013
the road is being worked on, interlock has been placed from ago round about to century bus-stop and at the same time, they are building gutters along the roads.

Big granite stones are being used firstly to cover openuwa bus-stop to kaz hall. To level those areas. Those photos are old, it is just a matter of time, and that road will be nicer+more expensive houses/plaza wink
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by mikeapollo: 7:48am On Jul 09, 2013
Lagos is working! Nonsense
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by Ninilowo(m): 8:12am On Jul 09, 2013
Ota roads are worse.
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by lordimpaq(m): 8:13am On Jul 09, 2013
Some people just post their opinions without having a thought as to why.

As rightly pointed out the road is still under construction and also there is a court case over the road construction.

Drams Q:

Eko has more than baj-ed o.yesterday I got home at 12am just because of d bad state of lagos-badagry expressway.That road is TERRIBLE.People had to come out of buses to trek to their house.Its very unfair that a govt whose sole purpose is to protect d welfare of its people,is doing d exact opposite and putting peoples lives at risk.Latter come 2015 one person go tell me say'I had no shoes'hian.Na today

I feel your pain, we all get home late...but the truth of the matter is that Lagos is over populated, and it would only take drastic measures to ensure that critical infrastructures are in place.

Trust me, there are vested interests in Lagos and the country as a whole because "the interests of the few are more important than the interests of the many" if you know what I mean; a classic case is this road construction.

I suggest every state develop their infrastructure so as to attract business which would then be a catalyst for economic growth in individual states.
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by Akainzo(m): 8:55am On Jul 09, 2013
I guess this places are also flooded because Fashola is not working or that it is populated by people of that same tribe.

BTW, this pictures are of the flooding in Toronto, Canada as of last night.

Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by anonimi: 8:56am On Jul 09, 2013
Tony Spike:

When I started living in Ago around 1995, it was a very quiet, decent and friendly area. Today, it is fast becoming a hell-hole with high population. The type of recent buildings at Ago now actually reminds of Upper Iweka area in Onitsha. So, strategic planning is the issue here...

And is Fashola, as the current governor, not ultimately responsible for all this mess
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by Turbocharged: 9:00am On Jul 09, 2013
Glorified_Tunde:

Na WAEC?

BRF can't see all and do all, he has tried so far. Abeg give am credit.

Which network?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity / Buhari Receives John Kerry At Aso Villa / We Can Re-present Magu For Confirmation - Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.