Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,789 members, 7,817,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? (8809 Views)

Liberian Doctor Who Received Rare Ebola Drug Zmapp Dies / 'Most Breastmilk Donated' World Record Won By An American Woman / I Donated To The Sp.erm Bank - But Drank It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by moscobabs(m): 11:12am On Jul 09, 2013
pendusky: 1 pint of blood for sale, jst 50k contact me...ASAP. grin
hope u no get HIV sa? 419!!!
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by AdekunleBalogun: 11:12am On Jul 09, 2013
YES, i donated..
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by fingard02k(m): 11:12am On Jul 09, 2013
No and not plaining to.......
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Mogenerous(f): 11:12am On Jul 09, 2013
Receiving end too... When I was pretty young,like 2months old and I was dying, I had to receive to be saved... Buh really, giving scares to me like hell coz I never wanna be on the verge of receiving again... Dunno
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 09, 2013
Ever since I have been doing blood test, the doctors has been asking me to come donate my O+ AA blood... giving figures that I have too much... but to donate blood in Nigeria... with all these end time tins... Abegi
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Vikta10(m): 11:14am On Jul 09, 2013
NoOo
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by ossybluez(m): 11:15am On Jul 09, 2013
I hv donated so many times..... Its cool anyway!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by fbabs(m): 11:17am On Jul 09, 2013
Have done that twice on free will and insha Allahu,I will continue. To me,the whole process is fun and seeing what am been taught in class being put to practice makes me happy.
It's good to save lives.
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by paix(m): 11:17am On Jul 09, 2013
I have been donating at the NBTS, a card was issued to me which indicates the number of times I have donated with dates. DONATE NOW AND SAFE A LIFE!!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Lilimax(f): 11:17am On Jul 09, 2013
ossybluez: I hv donated so many times..... Its cool anyway!
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by dbuktown(m): 11:18am On Jul 09, 2013
Received npe, bu I wld luv 2 donate........
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Ifetex(m): 11:22am On Jul 09, 2013
mancheeutd: i ve donated blood 3 diff times they(the organisation) comes to futa every year i even have a donor's card so no big deal its just a service to humanity u might never knw who needs it so bro SAVE A LIFE.

2ru talk, but what of if na ocultic pple come and u dn't knw it dem ?:>
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 09, 2013
Valiantvaliant: i donate my blood every night,...........to mosquitoes
Abi?tell dem let dem here,ain't mosquitoes worth our donation?
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Teegurlee(f): 11:24am On Jul 09, 2013
Yes. I av received b4 tho I was very little then,was just 41 days old and my dad was d donor.
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 09, 2013
Grendel: Yes I've done that!!!

But the Guy died angry
did your blood kill him?
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Decryptor(m): 11:25am On Jul 09, 2013
Yep! Did it when i was broke in school. After the whole exercise, the whole world was turning round and round ​I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ my eyes and i crashed to the floor. One nurse had to go buy ugu leave and extract the juice and gave it to me to drink. That was when i revived. That thing no easy o
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by chitexinter: 11:26am On Jul 09, 2013
No.
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Diallo247(m): 11:27am On Jul 09, 2013
I have donated nd wil wish 2 donate again free of charge
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by mancheeutd(m): 11:28am On Jul 09, 2013
Ifetex:

2ru talk, but what of if na ocultic pple come and u dn't knw it dem ?:>

i dnt channel my tots to those stuffs (nt that i dnt believe in their existience) but with GOD on my side no weapon fasioned agaibst me shall prosper

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by iheneme(m): 11:29am On Jul 09, 2013
Donated just once to a female colleague who was to be operated upon. The lab guy first took a sample for screening and asked me to wait at the reception. Didn't know my HIV status so my heart pounded while I waited. I benefited on two fronts though: one, I had a free HIV screening; two, they gave me two bottles of malt grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Coldblooded(m): 11:29am On Jul 09, 2013
I've never donated. The time I went with ma friend to donate, he donated b4 me n couple of mins later fainted while I was waiting for ma turn to donate. We helped to take him to wwhere they resuscitated him.

I've to run for ma life jarre! I tot dey do check b4 any donation abi na 1litre dem comot from d guy body grin?
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 09, 2013
Omerian Consult: A doctor once tried to con me into donating my blood for free though he later owned up that he was going to sell it! l told him that l had a different idea of charity.

Also, while in school l was told of a guy that would go sell his blood whenever he was broke. The guy would even boast that he had just gone to do a supply making you think that he was an oil baron!

l have neither donated or received blood. What of you?
Doctors in general agreed that blood is poison, neither is blood an elective medicine.
Any doctor who still administers blood is still in the dark ages of medical practice.
When one is losing blood, the first action is to plug shut the bleeding point,and then administer a blood expander.
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 09, 2013
I'm AB+ universal recipient.It means anyone with such blood group can receive blood from anybody beside the blood clots easily and can't be stored,so no point donating.

Very rare blood group though cool
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Ifetex(m): 11:33am On Jul 09, 2013
f.babs:
Have done that twice on free will and insha Allahu,I will continue. To me,the whole process is fun and seeing what am been taught in class being put to practice makes me happy.
It's good to save lives.

must u ppl flaunt ur ID when commenting ? :@
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 09, 2013
I just donated my white blood cell to one girl this morning..

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by authenticblack: 11:37am On Jul 09, 2013
I have donated for free too
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Jeflox: 11:37am On Jul 09, 2013
PLEASE MEET UR MEDICAL LAB. SCIENTIST (MLS) TO KNOW WHAT U ARE SUPPOSED TO DO ON THIS REGARD. OK?. ASK UR QUESTIONS.
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by kliq(m): 11:38am On Jul 09, 2013
I donated early dis year,for a fam member.
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by uniquevictor: 11:39am On Jul 09, 2013
Please who have an idea about boulevard intl.ltd
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Jeflox: 11:40am On Jul 09, 2013
PLEASE MEET A MEDICAL LAB. SCIENTIST (MLS) TO KNOW WHAT U ARE SUPPOSED TO DO ON THAT REGARD. OK
Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 09, 2013
I've donated...
To get free biscuits nd juicecheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Donated Or Received Blood? by BigStar1(m): 11:41am On Jul 09, 2013
Yes I donated two months ago when my Sister delivered through CS at Lautech, Osogbo, state of Osun. But what I don't understand is that. When they told us that we would need blood for her, we were directed to blood bank where we paid N5, 250 for 50cl sachet of blood. It's just like pure water sachet. We thought that was all, but on the day they discharged us, they said we are giving the blood back. I was surprised "but we paid?" Until we donated blood ooo and we didn't get the money back. They don't use your blood for your relatives.

But I was happy to hear that I was fit to donate blood after test. Signs of healthiness right? because her husband was said not fit after the same test. Also, I indirectly know my HIV status on that day, though I have done it before. But another confirmation. Abi, would they have collected my blood if I get HIV?

I know someone would quote my text and reply me, but I may not be aware of that because I can't be reading all what people post. Moderators, can you please add notification this forum, not only topic change notification like we get at times. But also when they quote and reply me. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help!!! Rashes On My Private Part / Kebbi Sickle Cell Association (KESCA) Marks World Sickle Cell Day (Photos) / What Is The Cure Of Mumps(segede In Yoruba)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.