Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,930 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Greater Port Harcourt - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Greater Port Harcourt (7786 Views)

Abiola And Awolowo Who Is Greater?. / Do you know anything about "Greater Port Harcourt City?" / The Tranformation Of Nigeria, Part II - Greater Port Harcourt City (Master Plan) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Greater Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 13, 2014
Abagworo: I've come to the bitter conclusion that Nigerians like this disgusting white and black stripes on pavements.
Those pavements are ANNOYING!!
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by kel4soft: 1:53am On Jul 13, 2014
HopeAtHand: Greater Port harcourt phase 1 is taking too long to deliver..

Amaechis govt had great ideas(Monorail, Ring road with steel bridge, greater PH etc) but unneccesary distractions he caused himself has ensured the collapse of Ring road project, the snail-speed delivery of the monorail and the inability to complete GPH phase one on time..

God knows when his tenure expires what will become of such dreams.

Amaechi pulled out of the ring road cos the cost was about 170bn naira.
The distraction has nothing to do with the contractors on site. He didnt cause himself any distraction, he was on his own five lawmakers with the help of oga and madam wanted to make him jobless. So he had to fight back.

There is nothing snail in this phase. Remember what we use to have now and before a difference of 7bn naira since last year June with recurrent increasing also. Also remember the old city projects are also going on. He must also attend to other sectors and of recent stomach infrastructure which he is not known for.

Take sometime out and visit the site, you will see new roads and other structures springing out. two Interchange (flyovers) are been constructed even without a soul residing there. A major road linking the old city with the new one is almost complete with an interchange at Igwurita presently going on near Salvation Ministry. Don't forget the utility services such as electricity and water also sewage are all underground. This cost much, how he had been able to run with all these projects bar ring road makes me never to dislike him.
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by kel4soft: 2:01am On Jul 13, 2014
Abagworo: I've come to the bitter conclusion that Nigerians like this disgusting white and black stripes on pavements.

My brother if you construct road and don't paint. You have done a substandard job according to some Nigerians logic

1 Like

Re: Greater Port Harcourt by kel4soft: 2:03am On Jul 13, 2014
CFCfan:
Those pavements are ANNOYING!!

Pavement is not walkway. In Engineering, pavement is the portion of the road vehicles drive along.
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by HopeAtHand: 6:09am On Jul 13, 2014
kel4soft: This is the M10 road. Incase you are not convince with this pix. I will encourage you to come to GPH and see for yourself or visit http://www.gphcity.com/GPHmedia/gallery.php

What is the route of the M10 road and how many lanes?
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by ahaika23: 10:01am On Jul 13, 2014
CRA, loved by all till he started abusing our elders and finally ate the forbidden fruit.
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by kel4soft: 12:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
HopeAtHand:

What is the route of the M10 road and how many lanes?

8 lanes handle by LCC, the project is in 3 phases.

Phase 1 (13km) - Starts from Prof.Tam Road to Airport road at Igwurita with two flyovers and a bridge. This phase has reached an appreciative phase. You can see the two flyovers in progress. The drainages are almost completed and very soon binding will commence.

Phase 2 (16km): Runs from that interchange.(flyover) they are constructing at Igwurita near Salvation Ministries to Aba Road.

Final phase:. ABA road joins Onne road.
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by kel4soft: 12:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
ahaika23: CRA, loved by all till he started abusing our elders and finally ate the forbidden fruit.

Just propaganda to smear him. Can you prove he had insulted any elder with facts?
Cos he has issues with GEJ can't can't make me to hate him. I love Rivers not GEJ and CRA is a symbol to that.
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by drshrewd: 12:36pm On May 11, 2017
Wike abandoning this noble project just like he did for monorail?
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by Blue3k2: 12:47pm On May 11, 2017
drshrewd:
Wike abandoning this noble project just like he did for monorail?

No continuity of agendas. It's so strange how that happens. The state assembly approves cash then doesn't keep up the work. It's like they do it to please governor.
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by Yyeske(m): 12:54pm On May 11, 2017
PH and Rivers wahala, make una waka go front abeg
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by MXrep: 2:15pm On May 11, 2017
Lol, Amaechi's ATM project which he used to fund Bubu's election

1 Like

Re: Greater Port Harcourt by positivelord: 3:15pm On May 11, 2017
op please give credit to whom its due Rotimi Amaechi..sentiment apart we never had this good in River state.. anyway we still they vex for Amaechi for 2015 election
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by drshrewd: 4:02pm On May 26, 2017
wike dumping this project for waterlogged pleasure park undecided
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by tobstarizhia(m): 8:51am On Sep 07, 2023
It's safe to assume the project is dead in the water. Why
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by GreekDon: 9:35am On Feb 09
kel4soft:

8 lanes handle by LCC, the project is in 3 phases.

Phase 1 (13km) - Starts from Prof.Tam Road to Airport road at Igwurita with two flyovers and a bridge. This phase has reached an appreciative phase. You can see the two flyovers in progress. The drainages are almost completed and very soon binding will commence.

Phase 2 (16km): Runs from that interchange.(flyover) they are constructing at Igwurita near Salvation Ministries to Aba Road.

Final phase:. ABA road joins Onne road.

@Kel4soft

Wish you can see this post, the M10 GPHCMP North South link road is it the same as the Port Harcourt ring road being done by Gov. Sim Fubara?
Re: Greater Port Harcourt by kel4soft: 9:54pm On Feb 14
GreekDon:

@Kel4soft

Wish you can see this post, the M10 GPHCMP North South link road is it the same as the Port Harcourt ring road being done by Gov. Sim Fubara?

Yea, I saw the extend of the work. Really pleased with what I have seen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

It's Time For Middle Belt To Produce The Next President, Sen Jang Tell Nigerians / Radio Biafra Is A Treasonable Entity / Biafra: MASSOB, Niger Delta Group Team Up To Actualise Struggle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.