Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 (12585 Views)

Aliyu Giwa, Nigerian Policeman Dapper Than Some Musicians (Photos) / Gunmen Fired Shots At Oduah's Car In Abuja / El Rufai Accuses JTF Of Killing Gen Mohammed Shuwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by Youngzedd(m): 7:00am On Jul 09, 2013
LAGOS — A witness in the case involving a policeman, Cpl. Abu Abolaji, who is standing trial for alleged shooting three men to death while on patrol, yesterday, told a Lagos High Court in Igbosere that seven shots were mistakenly fired by him.

The witness, Mr Yahyah Emmanuel, an inspector, told the court that he and three other policemen, including the defendant, were on patrol when the seven shots that left three men dead were fired.

According to the witness, “On October 1, 2009, I was at Adekunle Police Station when we received a distress call informing us of a robbery at Alagomeji after which four of us signed for ammunition and went on patrol. When we got there, we saw three men who ran into a car and locked themselves up immediately they saw us.

“I got down from the patrol van with Cpl. Abolaji and asked him to go find out why the men ran into the car when they saw us. After a while, I started hearing gunshots and I moved to the scene to ask the defendant why he was shooting.”

Yahyah further told the court that one of the men died instantly and the other two died on their way to the general hospital on Lagos Island.

He said: “Immediately I got there, Cpl. Abolaji said it was a mistake and the gun was collected from him by another police officer who later discovered that seven of the bullets had been fired.”

Counsel to the defendant, Mr Victor Okpala, argued that Yahyah had not seen the defendant fire the shots, adding that the defendant was on red alert.

State counsel, Mrs O. A. Akin-Adesomojo countered that the Inspector had said all he knew about the incident.

After listening to the witness, Justice Ebenezer Adebajo adjourned to October 9 for continuation of trial.

According to the charge sheet, Abolaji, on October 1, 2009, at 4, Olode Street, Alagomeji, Yaba, Lagos at 12.30 a.m shot at three men— Mr Ibrahim Olojede, Rotimi Philips and Friday Uti— which later led to their death, offences which contravened Section 361 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State.

Source
Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by Tolexander: 7:10am On Jul 09, 2013
LAGOS — A witness in the
case involving a policeman,
Cpl. Abu Abolaji, who is
standing trial for alleged
shooting three men to death
while on patrol, yesterday,
told a Lagos High Court in
Igbosere that seven shots
were mistakenly fired by
him.
na so dem dey always make mistake.
The suprising thing is how they've never made the same mistake to shoot themselves or any family member.

9 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by Adufaye(m): 7:11am On Jul 09, 2013
Naija police dy always giv us bad news dan good news

I bliv say na fear of armed robbers make am shoot doz 3guys!

Gun him slf get e own spirit
Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by Aizebioje(m): 7:12am On Jul 09, 2013
7 shots by mistake? Na wa o

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by donchris9999: 7:24am On Jul 09, 2013
1,2,3,4,5,6,7 shots all by mistake? How? I mean is he a parkinson disease patient?

12 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by Wendyslim(f): 7:42am On Jul 09, 2013
You did not shoot one by mistake but seven.. Haaaa GOD is watching u except justice is done

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 09, 2013
donchris9999: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 shots all by mistake? How? I mean is he a parkinson disease patient?
d guy had a seizure he is epileptic
Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by Danhumprey: 7:57am On Jul 09, 2013
Why am I not surprised 7 shots by mistake? If it was in front of armed robbers,they would be too afraid to let out even a single shot! This naija police would always find a silly excuse for their accidential discharge.
Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 09, 2013
Clumsy lawyers aand their foolish laws!!! Since 2009 caase is still in trial, that's why right thinking members of d public have turned dia backs on court.

Adjoining till october; instead of sentencing the man to death immediately mek all of us happy, foooolish legal system the backbone of our problem

7 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by FrankC3: 8:06am On Jul 09, 2013
Well, I suggest that the Judge 'mistakenly' sentence you to 70 years inprisonment.

7 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by na2day(m): 8:12am On Jul 09, 2013
He murdered three people and called it a mistake? shocked
Well, he should be mistakenly forced to kneel with his hands tied behind his back, while a pistol is mistakenly shoved into the back of his skull. A mistake of an executioner should mistakenly pull the trigger!
I'm sure, globs of his brain will mistakenly splatter on the floor which is a fitting closure for such a mistake of man!

3 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 09, 2013
he shud be 'accidentally' given multiple shots in the head then....

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by mekaboy(m): 9:47am On Jul 09, 2013
Since 2009? Which kind of snail justice do we have in this country? With all the lawyers that are called to bar daily.
Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by damosky12(m): 10:00am On Jul 09, 2013
Too much of war movies cause this. Stop these illiterate Police men from watching American movies. Simple!
Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 09, 2013
What a mischief.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by Temismith(f): 10:03am On Jul 09, 2013
Mistake!!!

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by dridowu: 10:05am On Jul 09, 2013
I doubt if this man is mentally balanced , 1-7 shots accidentally shot ? This man need to visit Yaba Left

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by Onyenna(m): 10:07am On Jul 09, 2013
WTF!!! 7 shots mistakenly!!?
Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 09, 2013
he needs to be mistakenly hanged [size=10pt][/size] grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by Neduzze5(m): 10:08am On Jul 09, 2013
Erm... I was just passing by and mistakenly typed this sha!!

grin

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by omanifrank(m): 10:08am On Jul 09, 2013
accidental discharge
Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by hardbody: 10:09am On Jul 09, 2013
Raymondenyi: Clumsy lawyers aand their foolish laws!!! Since 2009 caase is still in trial, that's why right thinking members of d public have turned dia backs on court.

Adjoining till october; instead of sentencing the man to death immediately mek all of us happy, foooolish legal system the backbone of our problem

You sound dull. Are you naturally this way or is there a problem that needs psychiatric attention? I am asking because i care
Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by israel007: 10:12am On Jul 09, 2013
Na true. You even mistakenly said this one too

Oh look I mistakenly typed this comment
Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by ITbomb(m): 10:12am On Jul 09, 2013
This is more of a psychiatry case than a criminal case.
Policemen should get their head examined every two weeks.
The way some dressed would even give dignity to armed robbers
Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by mysticgal(f): 10:12am On Jul 09, 2013
he was distressed when he received the distress callundecided
Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by nekaa(f): 10:12am On Jul 09, 2013
I really can't believe he said this while addressing adults.
Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by AbuMikey(m): 10:13am On Jul 09, 2013
Whick kind lie lie story be dis na?
Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by AbuMikey(m): 10:13am On Jul 09, 2013
If I slap dis man ehn,I sweri Gad he go faint!!! 7??
Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by Longfellow: 10:13am On Jul 09, 2013
I fear police pass thief
Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by eightsin(m): 10:14am On Jul 09, 2013
This is wat i av to say ''LIAR''
Re: I Mistakenly Fired 7 Shots, Policeman Accused Of Killing 3 by AbuMikey(m): 10:15am On Jul 09, 2013
obadiah777: he needs to be mistakenly hanged [size=10pt][/size] grin grin
ThankGod for Ya life today!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bassey Albert Wins At Court Of Appeal / Buhari Saved Nigeria From Embarrassment By Suspending Onnoghen –Tony Momoh / Expelled Herdsmen From Kwara Sneaking Into Osun – Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.