Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,130 members, 7,849,542 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:52 PM

Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? (3066 Views)

Robbie Brady Loses Teeth After Bloody Clash With Teammate In Chelsea Match(pics) / EXCLUSIVE: Oliseh Recalls Mikel For Tanzania Match / Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by Akolawole(m): 12:34pm On May 30, 2006
@ Toshman

Who believes Peter Cech will ever displace Cudicini?

Its a matter of taking one's chances.

If Shaun had steal the show, Robben will be rotten in the bench by now.
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by spikelord(m): 12:36pm On May 30, 2006
He thinks Mikel wasn't matured enough to have chosen Chelsea!
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by Akolawole(m): 12:40pm On May 30, 2006
Mikel's dealings with Chelsea was way back in Raneri's era.

How did Baba Alex treated Essien during his trial at Old Tratford?

How did he treat Robben?

What of Isaac Promise?
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by toshmann(m): 12:52pm On May 30, 2006
there are clubs that "kill" players. just like ac milan of those days which killed off great stars like baggio. see chelsea is a sea of established stars. mikel is a rising star. he needs a place where he can rise. that's what i mean. man u coulda been da place, or even arsenal. chelsea. gawd. they'll bench him to hell. watch
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by spikelord(m): 12:56pm On May 30, 2006
So what's up with the lad?
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by toshmann(m): 12:59pm On May 30, 2006
u got it spikes, u got it there---"what's up with the lad" that's the problem. the guy is a lad. chelsea may not be the best for the lads.
u got what i meant. u'll see
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by amodu(m): 1:10pm On May 30, 2006
common guys dont underate this guy has you are saying that he cannot perform in chelsea you never can say he may come out to be the best in chelsea dont you believe that, all i wil say is to let us wait till then. okay.
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by spikelord(m): 1:18pm On May 30, 2006
You all will see how the boy will shine!
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by Akolawole(m): 1:41pm On May 30, 2006
@Toshmann

The principle of it is "Take your Chance"

I could remember Finidi begging Mumini Alao many years ago to feature him in Complete football to enhance his Eagles call-up.

Mumuni says " Let your work speak for you"

It did work for him.

Over a year ago, Joe Cole was regularly warming the bench at Stamford bridge. He went to SOHO to speak to Erickson.  Erickson told him, work very hard in the trainning, Jose will be fond of you.

What happen after few months. Jose cannot do without him and now he is one of the most important England Player.

If Mikel comes with a show-boy attitude like Celestine, Jose will loan him to division 10, but he can be the greatest player in the world if he wishes.
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by spikelord(m): 1:44pm On May 30, 2006
True talk!
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by mochafella(m): 6:12pm On May 30, 2006
Akolawole:

The principle of it is "Take your Chance"

Mumuni says " Let your work speak for you"

It did work for him.

Over a year ago, Joe Cole was regularly warming the bench at Stamford bridge. He went to SOHO to speak to Erickson. Erickson told him, work very hard in the trainning, Jose will be fond of you.
Agreed, but I don't particularly think Lampard and Ballack are the laziest people on the planet, and they in all frankness are Mikel's competition for a shirt. When it comes to the crucial games, the experienced, proven players will be selected. The gap between Joe Cole and his competition for a place, Duff, Robben and SWP is less than that between Mikel and the others.

I have no doubt if he works hard he will play sometimes, but an opportunity must present itself. Its the same as Cesc at Arsenal, if Vieira was still in place, Cesc will be in the reserves or on the bench.

Hence the preference for ManU. There is an obvious gap in midfield at OT, providing Mikel with an opportunity, however that obvious gap does not exist at Stamford Bridge, if anything its the strongest, deepest part of the team.
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by toshmann(m): 7:24pm On May 30, 2006
@mochafella

tell them. because they don't know.
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by hucarson(m): 7:49pm On May 30, 2006
@Mochafella,
I totally agree with u that Man Utd is a better place for Mikel to grow but we won't need his services anymore.
Mikel's heart belongs to Chelsea and if he believes this is where he can excel then all i can say is AMEN to his wishes.
The contoversy surrounding Obi's contracts is deeper than what we see. Roman Abrahamovic had paid some fees on Mikel Obi and co.while in Norway before Lyn sold Obi to Man Utd in April 2005.
I want to start seeing the lad playing. I dont care if he plays for Arsenal or Liverpool. My heart bleeds for Obi anytime i see Messi doing his thang for Barcelona while Obi is wasting useful years away.
This period of his life might even be his peak cos i am sure he aint legally 18 years so his useful years are fast running out.

@Akolawole,
Pls stop biting hard on Alex Ferguson.
Isaac Promise and Essien weren't good enough for the trials and Ferguson allowed 'em to go n get more exposure elsewhere.
Arjen Robben's contract was almost signed,sealed and delivered before Moneybag andthe Chief head-hunter(Peter Kenyon) snatched Robben from Man Utd.

Ferguson is a class of his own in discovering talents all over the world and the major reason why we all think he is kinda racist or biased with Africans is because African players lie about their age amongst other things.

Can u honestly vouch for Isaac Promise's or Essien's age? HELL NAH.
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by Akolawole(m): 9:53pm On May 30, 2006
@Huccarson

#I think Essien's age is real. According to a Ghanian Friend, his Dad played for Ghana in the 80's while being a Bachelor.

# I dont mind lieing about the age as longas they perform. grin
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by spikelord(m): 1:57pm On May 31, 2006
Really! Let's see what Mourinho will do with the lad!
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by Christino(m): 3:37pm On May 31, 2006
So confirmed now?
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by spikelord(m): 11:02pm On May 31, 2006
What has been confirmed?
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by Christino(m): 6:45pm On Jun 01, 2006
I'm yet to see it on soccernet that he has signed for chelsea, and why 3 years for a youth player?

IMOO,
Chelsea only need Mikel for the reserves or the first few games in the Carling Cup. For all I know, Robben is playing because he has pace, Chelsea have a flair for players above 24, 25, preferably 30 (Yes, in the midfield, Makelele, Ballack and Shevy Young Boy too). Babies don't play regularly in chelsea. Mikel can hold the ball but is not good defensively (and you need that to survive in chelsea man) I've seen SWF (running engine) fighting for the ball even in defense at times (dat's his job anyway, tho far from his job description).
Mikel should go to Wigan, or Bolton where his services are EXTREMELY NEEDED. Liverpool have Alonso and Everton, Arteta. Arsenal are comfortable with Fabregas, Man-U are lacking (or slacking), Boro are cool with Gaizka, and Jose's 4-5-1, hmmn let's see:

Cech
Gallas Carvalho Terry Carlos R.
J.Cole Lampard Makelele Ballack Robben
Shevy

Backline: Cudiccini (and this new Goalkeeper, whats is name?)
Ferreira Del Horno G.Johnson
Essien Duff Mikel Gudjonsen SWF
Kalou Drogba Crespo (is C.Cole out yet?)

Others, i dunno o, maybe Carling Cup sha.

Welcome Mikel (Buy a nappie (pampers o) or diapers, yes so your arse won't wear out on d bench) unless Ballack has Malaria, and Lampard is injured (e possible, dat one don sign man, no one has played more premiership games than d babalawo in the last 5 seasons, e no dey injure?) or J.Cole is pregnant or Robben is Home Sick.

But I believe he will play at least one game, impress, if possible score, but his lack of pace gives me a lot of worry. I'm being patriotic and optimistic that Mikel will impress and hopefully, Boro will make a worthy bid for him grin
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by spikelord(m): 11:12pm On Jun 01, 2006
Yes, but you have to consider one fact that Mourinho might prefer Mikel to Robben!
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by LoverBwoy(m): 1:49am On Jun 02, 2006
Was it Jose that wanted Mikel obi himself or his predecessor-Ranieri or was it part of Peter Kenyons' plan?
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by spikelord(m): 7:55am On Jun 02, 2006
I heard Mourinho reffering to the guy that he is a pure gold but I don't know how true his words are! Maybe he said those words to psyche the young man into destruction!
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by Greatpeter(m): 12:06pm On Jun 02, 2006
Yes! that was Mourinho's first words for Mikel before Man U went behind to sign him.

But I think Mikel is not a pure gold yet.
He's in the making.
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by spikelord(m): 1:06pm On Jun 02, 2006
Time will tell what Mourinho will do with the guy!
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by amodu(m): 2:00pm On Jun 02, 2006
Lets wait and see
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by Christino(m): 2:23pm On Jun 02, 2006
Don't get me wrong, Mikel might come in and upstage the favorites or might not get too many first teams like Maccarone.
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by spikelord(m): 2:30pm On Jun 02, 2006
Larsson and Guily were regular players @ Nou Camp before Messi came in to tell'em to bench! So you can't say much for now!
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by spikelord(m): 2:30pm On Jun 02, 2006
Larsson and Guily were regular players @ Nou Camp before Messi came in to tell'em to bench! So you can't say much for now!
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by Christino(m): 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2006
Jose would gladly exchange Mikel + 20m for Messi and u know that. How can Barca have two madmen upfront sef? UEFA should ban them for that sad
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by spikelord(m): 2:46pm On Jun 02, 2006
I don't think Messi's service is much needed @ the bridge, Remember Robben is there!
Re: Mikel For 3yrs Contract In Chelsea? by spikelord(m): 2:46pm On Jun 02, 2006
I don't think Messi's service is much needed @ the bridge, Remember Robben is there!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did You Know Any Chelsea Fan 10 Years Ago? / The Rise And Rise Of Asisat Oshoala (pics) / Steps To Become A Successful Footballer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.