Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Review Any Movie - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Review Any Movie (55885 Views)

How To Find Direct Download Link Of Any Movie / How To Find Direct Download Link Of Any Movie / How To Add Subtitles To Any Movie/TV series (Steps plus a 3mins video tutorial) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Review Any Movie by queen2(f): 12:57pm On May 23, 2006
Here you can review any movie you've watched and wuld like any other person to watch, it must be a good movie Lol.
Any movie, i mean either Nigerian, American and others

coming back with  mine
Re: Review Any Movie by Vieira(m): 6:36pm On May 23, 2006
http://www.dapo.co.uk/MI3.htm

Mission Impossible 3

Synopsis: Ethan Hunt of the IMF, has left the field and started playing happy homes. Can an agent of the Impossible Mission Agency really find domestic happiness?

Director :
J.J. Abrahams
Starring : Tom Cruise, Ving Rhames, Laurence Fishbourne and Philip Seymour Hoffman

Is there a catchier movie theme than dum dum dum dum , dum dum dum dum , dum dum dum dum, is there?
The moment you hear that your juices start flowing and you ready yourself for some high octane spy action.

This is the third entry in this franchise, the first Mission Impossible was a great movie with lots of thrills and spills and remained true to the original TV series. The 2nd one was a travesty and one of the worst films you'll ever see masquerading as a spy movie. I mean whose idea was it to get John Woo to direct it? Anyway on to this latest installment.

Good News: It is better than the second movie Bad News: It is not as good as the first one.
The director of this movie has been involved in Lost and more relevantly Alias, which is a highly touted TV spy series, so you would expect him to be at home with this movie, well in parts he has good ideas but he also drops the ball in some areas.

Let me start with the good:
Philip Seymour Hoffman, this guy cannot help but be good in anything he does. He oozes menace as the villian in this movie and I enjoyed him anytime he was on screen which was not often enough.
The action set pieces are very well shot for the most part and special mention to the Bridge scene. Tom does make a convincing action hero and came across very well as usual.

Now onto the bad:
The plot was just too basic! The first movie had a wonderfully complex plot that slowly unravelled as we watched and the twists were genuinely unexpected in this movie nothing really is surprising apart from one sequence with his wife and Hoffman and even this is not surprising in a good way but in a "that was retarded" way.
Ving Rhames, I just do not find him engaging anymore, he has lived of his "Mr Wallace" persona for a bit too long and now its just annoying to me.

The most disappointing bit for me though was the ending, talk about saccharine sweet! It just seemed totally at odds with the grimness of the movie upto that point and then all of a sudden it had this upbeat ending that is more at home in a disney animated movie. And don't get me started on a ordinary woman being able to take out two highly trained spy after learning to shot a gun literally seconds before!

The plot is basically Ethan Hunt is no longer a field agent and is now only a trainer, he has found love and is planning to get married but he is called back for a mission to rescue a former trainee from the cluthces of a weapons dealer. And there is a mole at IMF. That's it. The whole plot in two sentences.

All in all a decent movie that does a bit to repair the damage of MI2 but Mission Impossible still stands as the best by a big margin.

Mission Impossible gets a very possible 6/10

Disagree with this score? want to have a go at me? then rant on here

Shazam!
Re: Review Any Movie by Vieira(m): 6:36pm On May 23, 2006
Da Vinci code and X-men 3 coming this weekend.
Re: Review Any Movie by hotangel2(f): 8:49pm On May 23, 2006
Vieira:

Da Vinci code and X-men 3 coming this weekend.

Already here hunnie.

I saw da vinci code on sunday. Good movie i must say.

------------------------------

Here's my own review.

Madam Dearest
- Yourba Nigerian movie: A must see!! features opeyemi ayeeola, sola sobowale and so many good actors and actresses. Deffinitely a movie everyone should see, subtitled in english.

I don't like telling movies, or shall i say, i suck at reviewing movies, but i guarantee u that u won't regret watching this movie.
Re: Review Any Movie by beyunce(f): 9:25pm On May 23, 2006
i expected more from mission 3
Re: Review Any Movie by queen2(f): 6:12pm On Jun 02, 2006
Movie Synopsis: Tumini (Angela Brown), a girl abused all through her childhood - physically, mentally, sexually and emotionally. She suffered great torture from her mother (played by Ebele Okaro) and became paralysed after childbirth due to the constant pain and suffering she went through before delivery. Her father, (although he did not physically abuse her), played a part in her abuse by ignoring what was going on and not putting a stop to it

Re: Review Any Movie by lunafish(f): 10:46am On Jun 04, 2006
GAMES WOMEN PLAY 1 &2
Starring:

Genevieve Nnaji, Stella Damasus-Aboderin, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Zack Orji, Bob Manuel Odokwu & Desmond Elliot.

Written By: Emem Isong

Directed by: Lancelot Odua Imasuen (The Governor)

Produced by: Emem Isong & Rob Emeka Eze for Reemmy Jes Productions (RJP)

Synopsis: Emma (Damasus-Aboderin), Candace (Nnaji) and Yvonne (Jalade-Ekeinde) have been friends since High School and have since settled into their respective lifestyles. Emma lives with her Business Executive husband and kids (Orji) in marital, surburban bliss until a face from the past (Odokwu) stirs up dysfunction in their happy home. Candace is an egotistical, A list-movie star who tests the fidelity of her fiance (Elliott) by thrusting him into the arms of the career-driven stockbroker, Yvonne. Her humdrum life is forever changed by Candace's obscene 100000 Naira bet- "Can you seduce my man?" Can she? Can Emma put out the fire under her roof and if so- at whose expense?

Review: "Why do we play games with people's hearts?" is one of the many questions that Games Women Play poses. The All-Star cast worked overtime on creating a suspenseful and enthralling movie with a fantastic script and powerful yet varied performances. The plot is unpredictable and combines humour, tension and dramatic irony in the most effective way. The performances of actors compliment each other so well that the audience is torn between love, hate, justification and condemnation for the main characters. It explores the dynamics of familial and platonic relationships with a palatable quality. The script is unique and strays far away from the clichés and generic colloquialisms with classic one-liners such as;

"How such beautiful and intelligent ladies could become irritating and indulge in such frivolities!"-Elliot

"What was I supposed to do? , Mourn you forever?" Damasus-Aboderin

"A man may love you and still cheat on you. It is in their nature to cheat. Men cheat all the time."-Jalade-Ekeinde

An interesting and refreshing film with many twists and turns. (4/5)

Visit http://www.freewebs.com/fireflytigereye/filmreviews.htm for more.
Re: Review Any Movie by lunafish(f): 10:47am On Jun 04, 2006
PROMISE ME FOREVER 1&2
Starring: Genevieve Nnaji, Chidi Mokeme, Jim Iyke, Stephanie Okereke & Ngozi Ezeuno

Written By: Emem Isong

Produced by: Emem Isong and Rob Emeka Eze for RJP

Directed by: Lancelot Odua Imasuen (The Governor)

Synopsis: 19-year-old Sylvia (Nnaji) absconds from the village to avoid marrying a rotund chief to cover her “father’s” debts. Informed by her wise, feminist aunt, she finds out that her real father is alive and she decides to head for the city to find him. She finds an ill but loving man who welcomes her much to the chagrin of his wife and her virile son, Obinna (Iyke.) After enduring abuse and being evicted from her father’s house, a beautiful stranger (Mokeme) offers to help her out and becomes her benefactor and the love of her life. However, love comes not without struggle; in the form of his bitchy fiancée Ann and his formidable mother Tiffany (Ezeonu.) Sylvia’s life collides with her past and she only finds comfort in her best friend Bukky (Okereke.) Surviving in the city proves to be difficult, but she has to, by all means necessary…

Review: Nnaji gives a powerhouse and versatile performance showing the many layers of her character. Mokeme and Nnaji have an undeniable chemistry and create both hostile and sexual tension very well. Ezeono and Iyke give classic “love to hate” performances and Okereke adds much flavour and range to the film with her sass and compassion. The script is fantastic but the editing could be improving such as cutting down the lengthened intermittent scenes. The direction was of a high standard but production quality i.e. sound could be better in parts. The film has emotional depth without wallowing in sentimentality and gives many different perspectives through all characters.

A testament to the labour of love and its defiance to succumb to external pressures(4/5)

Visit http://www.freewebs.com/fireflytigereye/filmreviews.htm for more.
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 5:40pm On Jul 01, 2007
Am too tired to give a full review but if you have been disappointed in movies this year and the year past. . .Do try to catch Transformers. I just got back from the movie and i wanna watch it again. It is one of the movies that didn't disappoint me prolly because not much was revealed about it before showing it. My friend says its like 'Independence Day' but better. The graphics are tight! Some fight scenes are a bit confusing because of all the tumbling and flipping at the same time transforming but daymmm!!! I loved it!

Michael Bay is backkkkkk!!!! Good recovery from that crap The Island grin
Re: Review Any Movie by dinozzo(m): 2:08am On Jul 02, 2007
OMG! iice you've watched it, you say Michael bay is back, that means its gonna be a smashing film to watch. I'm waiting eagerly to watch it. Doesn't come out here till the ending of the month sad. Also heard Live free or die hard was awesome.
@vieira nice review i also think the first Mission Impossible is the best, spot on with the review.
Re: Review Any Movie by MP007(m): 2:17am On Jul 02, 2007
the condemned,

staring stone cold steve austin

10 on death roll, only one will survive, u have gotta kill fast cos u got bombs attached to ur ankle,

intrige, emotional and ma word, awesome
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 4:26am On Jul 02, 2007
dinozzo yup, even after waking up am still thinking about the movie. smiley The movie delivered what F4, Ghostrider etc should have delivered! Oh BTW, there is a cartoon series in the works to be shown on CN. From the same creative group of people who gave us 'The Batman', Teen Titans, Ben10 etc. Now am looking forward to that!

I have heard too of Live Free or Die Hard, it's showing this week so i'l try to catch it out.  Just want to see Timothy Olyphant who plays the Villain grin My interest lies in his acting skills grin Why? Because he (Timothy) will be playing Agent 47. . .Check out the trailer (more like a teaser) for The Hitman its enough to get my mouth watering.
Re: Review Any Movie by ryu11(m): 10:23am On Jul 02, 2007

- must watch, Did you enjoy Gladiators? It's a more action patched version. More fights scenes. Great combat choreography, surreal graphics. Cool story line, though pretty limited (everything finishes before you know it). Great bodies two (six and eight packs). soundtrack is similar to that of gladiators too.

Ghost Rider
Didn't finish watching it. But after 30 mins into the movie I'll certify it a great way to spend 2hours during the weekend.
Re: Review Any Movie by dezi(f): 10:41am On Jul 02, 2007
Akeelah and the Bee is really interesting.

Re: Review Any Movie by Hugoboi(m): 10:47am On Jul 02, 2007
King of New York

Christopher Walken delivers a stunning performance as Frank White, an incarecerated New York lynch pin who gets released from jail,reunites with his thugs {which includes Laurence Fishburne] and unleashes mayhem on New York cops and Drug dealers alike.Though a lil bit on the old side,its a quintessential bang bang movie.Also stars Wesley Snipe[/b]s

[b]Runaway Jury

Adapted from Grisham'[/b]s acclaimed novel of same title.Stars [b]Gene Hackman,Rachael Weisz [/b]and [b]John Cussack.A legal thriller full of suspense ahich delivers the intricacies of the legal profession.Essentially about a ruthless jury consultant {Hackman} who is desparate to secure a fevourable verdict in a civil trial with millions of dollars and lives at stake.A must watch
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 11:43am On Jul 02, 2007
ryu11:

Ghost Rider
Didn't finish watching it. But after 30 mins into the movie I'll certify it a great way to spend 2hours during the weekend.

Really? I thought it sucked! Stiff character, story line sacrificed for graphics. . .a mess to me!

Ratatouille

From the director of The Incredibles. . .Pixar has done it again!. The premise? 'Anybody can cook'. Absolutely loved this movie. Ok i know the thought of rats cooking one's food is enough to give you the shivers but its if you love food and cooking, well you'll enjoy it. Favorite character - Anton Ego (The scathing grim food critic) voiced by Peter O'Toole!
Re: Review Any Movie by rume(m): 4:07pm On Jul 02, 2007
Does anyone know about the movie 'ARE WE DONE YET'.
Re: Review Any Movie by ehie007(m): 5:02pm On Jul 02, 2007
The movie NEXT by Nicholas Cage. Its a must watch movie.

Imagine someone who is two minutes ahead of u.

Wow!!!

Dnt need to talk too much just watch it guys.

Re: Review Any Movie by justkunmi(m): 6:16pm On Jul 02, 2007
i've seen NEXT.
beautiful movie, great concept. . .
seein minutes into future

Twas really great the way the movie ended. , we were left to imagine the end ourselves. ,

Nice concept. .
Re: Review Any Movie by viee(f): 6:24pm On Jul 02, 2007
Premonition
Sandra Bullock, Nia Long

has anyone seen it?

stupid film tongue
at first you will be battln to understand what the hell is goin on
not because of real suspense
but to make sense out of the movie angry

suddendly it will begin to make a little sense
and gbam the movie is ova angry
it is supposed to be a tragedy but u hardly feel any sympathy
since your emotions was about to begin building

verdict: please dnt watch it
thumps down cool
Re: Review Any Movie by Femtex(m): 7:21pm On Jul 02, 2007
@ Viee

The movie is not that bad, once you understand what the hell is going on. I think the story line is pretty nice. One thing I don't quite agree with is why Sandra Bullock's Husband had to die. Why? She knows what's going to happen, She could have stopped it.

@ topic
If you have the opportunity to see the "Shooter" Mark Wahlberg, Thats one hell of a movie, real nice. If you like Italian Job, Definately you will love this.
Re: Review Any Movie by Gamine(f): 7:22pm On Jul 02, 2007
I jst saw Fantastic four by mistake

kinda liked it tho>
Re: Review Any Movie by bokmal(m): 7:24pm On Jul 02, 2007
Nice comments!
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 4:23am On Jul 03, 2007
Gamine:

I jst saw Fantastic four by mistake

kind of liked it tho>

lol by mistake indeed grin

F4: Rise of the Silver surfer is better than the first installment but no way near movies such as Spiderman, Batman etc. Watched it like 2 weeks ago, not bad. Better than the first one but not exactly spanking! Invisible woman and mr fantastic are dry for me. grin The human torch as well as the Thing like in the previous installment provide the comic relief. Dr Doom. . .what can i say? He's his usual self lol. The Silver Surfer is what did it for me (not to mention Lawrence Fishburne voicing him) Graphics are tight sha, not stiff except when the Surfer loses his metallic silver shade, he kindda looks like the bat suit shocked grin
Re: Review Any Movie by ikamefa(f): 4:29am On Jul 03, 2007
iice:

Really? I thought it sucked! Stiff character, story line sacrificed for graphics. . .a mess to me!

Ratatouille

From the director of The Incredibles. . .Pixar has done it again!. The premise? 'Anybody can cook'. Absolutely loved this movie. Ok i know the thought of rats cooking one's food is enough to give you the shivers but its if you love food and cooking, well you'll enjoy it. Favorite character - Anton Ego (The scathing grim food critic) voiced by Peter O'Toole!

saw a clip today grin am hooked

amma find time to go see it

or prolly do my deeweedee thingy wink grin

thanks for the heads-up kiss
Re: Review Any Movie by viee(f): 9:28am On Jul 03, 2007
@femtex

i eventually understood d movie
my grouse really is not about why d guy died
****he saw the Trailer
he could have opened the door and alighted from the car!*********
they made that scene look like a scene from NOLLYWOOD!
infact, the overall story is wacked!
i can't quite rem d name of an almost similar one done by Halle Berry
it had more depth
the story was way beta
and the scenes well constrcted

to me , the film is really bad
Re: Review Any Movie by ryu11(m): 9:35am On Jul 03, 2007
FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN

Pluses: Super cool movie. Animated though. Great fight scenes. Great storyline. awesome graphics.

Minuses: Japanese Language, subtitled in English. ( I doubt you can trust the translation), with so much action though who needs the lines.

official website

http://www.square-enix-usa.com/dvd/ff7ac/

Re: Review Any Movie by ryu11(m): 10:09am On Jul 03, 2007
;d
Re: Review Any Movie by moondust(m): 1:42pm On Jul 03, 2007
smiley
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 2:28pm On Jul 03, 2007
Lmao! hope you saw my own take on F4 wink
Re: Review Any Movie by moondust(m): 2:47pm On Jul 03, 2007
ryu11:

FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN

Pluses: Super cool movie. Animated though. Great fight scenes. Great storyline. awesome graphics.

Minuses: Japanese Language, subtitled in English. ( I doubt you can trust the translation), with so much action though who needs the lines.

official website

http://www.square-enix-usa.com/dvd/ff7ac/

Still rates as my best animated flick till date

has anyone seen fantastic four (Rise of the silver surfer?
Saw it yesterday and I think it totally kicks ass!

Re: Review Any Movie by moondust(m): 3:08pm On Jul 03, 2007
iice:

Lmao! hope you saw my own take on F4 wink
your take u said

but this is mine---
I'm not out to get the best storylines and plot
you're face to face with an action and CG junkie,
get the crappiest storyline, with the best digital effects and action plot--- I'm good! wink
and that's not to say F4 has a crappy storyline

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Tega & Boma Being Cheered By Fans Outside Beat FM, Lagos: Pics & Video / Kechi Okwuchi Comes 6th In The America's Got Talent That Just Got Concluded / 15 Nigerians Making Us Proud In Hollywood*Pics*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.