Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,226 members, 7,836,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! (6256 Views)

Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others / Buhari’s Abia Rally Dwarfs Gej's Rally In Abia [ Compare Photos] / My Horrible Experience During GEJ Campaign In Abia State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by betterabia: 3:16pm On Jul 09, 2013
Some of the levies include:

1. Infrastructural Levy;
(a). For Buildings (from #10,000 upwards. depends on the size of the building)- to be paid by land lords, but usually is transferred to the tenants
(b). For Shop (from #2,000 upwards)- to be paid by shop owners.

2. Projection Levy (#1,500);
When you have any projection from ur shop.

3. Business Operation Levy (#1,500);
This one permits u to operate a business.

4. Business Premises Permit (#1,500);
This one allows u to operate ur business from a premises.

5. Fire Service Levy (#5,5000);
Every house must buy fire extinguisher from govt.

6. Drainage Levy (#600);
Used to clean the gutters

7. Environmental Protection Levy, ASEPA (#1,200);
For refuse clearing.

8. Ministry Of commerce and Industry Levy, (#2,000 upwards)
To be paid by every business owner
-----------------------------------------------

Is this how other states are also being levied?

4 Likes

Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by betterabia: 3:19pm On Jul 09, 2013
From next month, every keke owner wld pay #20,000 to purchase govt tapollin

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by betterabia: 3:22pm On Jul 09, 2013
traders purchase #5,000 in order to get shop in the new Ubani market. Later that one was cancelled and they were asked to purchase another form of #5,000 also. making #10,000. where did the first one go to?
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:36pm On Jul 09, 2013
betterabia: Some of the levies include:

1. Infrastructural Levy;
(a). For Buildings (from #10,000 upwards. depends on the size of the building)- to be paid by land lords, but usually is transferred to the tenants

6. Drainage Levy (#600);

For refuse clearing.

pls, let no 'sliding tackler' come here to complain o.
Shebi na Lagos una like to nip on as if na the only state for naija.

Abeg, pay up jare. Even lagos no be this shameless as to dey pay projection levy..grin na that one funny pass

1 Like

Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by betterabia: 3:37pm On Jul 09, 2013
9. Advert levy;
When u advertise on a banner

1 Like

Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by sexkilzaphull: 3:40pm On Jul 09, 2013
SLIDE waxie: pls, let no 'sliding tackler' come here to complain o.

Abeg, pay up jare. Even lagos no be this shameless as to dey pay projection levy..grin na that one funny pass

Now, you have woke up the culture of good morning sliding tackles in that neck of Nigeria! grin grin grin I think someone has heard about the legendary contribution of citizens towards progress in the West and thought to raise the IGR by taxing the shirt off the people's back. Let us watch how this plays out!
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by crazygod(m): 4:33pm On Jul 09, 2013
Really? Really? Really? And abia state is vying for 1st position in unnecessary tax levies where lagos dey? Really?
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by eagleeye2: 4:40pm On Jul 09, 2013
se.xkilza.phull:

Now, you have woke up the culture of good morning sliding tackles in that neck of Nigeria! grin grin grin I think someone has heard about the legendary contribution of citizens towards progress in the West and thought to raise the IGR by taxing the shirt off the people's back. Let us watch how this plays out!
The government of Abia State is nothing but a Rogue Government.
Some of the Levies Op listed above are served by different Agencies. What I mean is that "okeke and sons" may serve Infrastructure levy today and after paying up, Nwafor ltd will bring the same Infrastructure levy to your door-step claiming you have not paid up, if you bring your receipt from Okeke and sons, the agent will say that it is not government approved.
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 09, 2013
T.A Orji is the worst thing to have happened to humanity. The man is so evil to the core. Aka nshii ya nga iba ya onu otu ehi.

7 Likes

Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by sylve11: 4:41pm On Jul 09, 2013
SLIDE waxie: pls, let no 'sliding tackler' come here to complain o.

grin grin cool
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by fingard02k(m): 4:42pm On Jul 09, 2013
Na wa o! So abia want to bench both Anambra and Lagos for Tax mattr??

1 Like

Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by GentleNaaz(m): 4:44pm On Jul 09, 2013
NnHhmm..( clears throat n speaks wt deep voice)
I am Chief ORJI, T. A. It has come 2 my notice dat some unscrupulous elements r tryn 2 distabilize my plans. D levies r instituted so dat govt cn tackle prospective funding challenges. I need 2 reconstruct, construct, n revitalize Abia, d only peace.... Am d man in charge. No body falls my hands n go scouch free. Any attempt or attempted attempt by a person or group of person 2 foil my hard earned plans, should hm/herslf 2 blame.
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by vivalavida(m): 4:47pm On Jul 09, 2013
Abia state is lenient then. I was the manager of a fast food coy in calabar from aug last yr till mid june this yr when i quit. The rate @ which cross river state levy buisnesses there is much. There isn't much happening in that state and they lack sources of IGR there. The only booming sector there is tourism hence multiple taxation. The oil wells they had were ceded to akwaibom state govt by the supreme court.Most times different set of people come to the office to submit the same levy with different amount stated there-in. Let me give u a list of the few i can remember now
1) every month,we set aside #30,000 to pay for TDL which means tourism development levy
2) health levy = #35,000
3) environmental = #15,000
4) buisness development levy - #20,000
5)liquor licence = #3,000
6) CRISSA meaning cross river state sign board and signage agency - #100,000
7) fire service = 10,000
coolbuisness operational permit = #15,000
9) sanitation fee = #10,000.
This ones are ffrom the state govt. You still have the ones brought from calabar municipal council i.e the LGA council in main cally. Some of these bills are a bit negotiable but dont expect much.

Before i left,Nepa went on a revenue drive and cut the light of all big organisation using what they call MD meter. Accused them all of tampering with their meters and gave us what they called bill of loss of revenue = #150,000, reconnection fee of #10,000 and you still have your nepa bill to pay oo
Buisnesses are moving out of calabar.

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by betterabia: 5:02pm On Jul 09, 2013
vivalavida: Abia state is lenient then. I was the manager of a fast food coy in calabar from aug last yr till mid june this yr when i quit. The rate @ which cross river state levy buisnesses there is much. There isn't much happening in that state and they lack sources of IGR there. The only booming sector there is tourism hence multiple taxation. The oil wells they had were ceded to akwaibom state govt by the supreme court.Most times different set of people come to the office to submit the same levy with different amount stated there-in. Let me give u a list of the few i can remember now
1) every month,we set aside #30,000 to pay for TDL which means tourism development levy
2) health levy = #35,000
3) environmental = #15,000
4) buisness development levy - #20,000
5)liquor licence = #3,000
6) CRISSA meaning cross river state sign board and signage agency - #100,000
7) fire service = 10,000

coolbuisness operational permit = #15,000
9) sanitation fee = #10,000.
This ones are ffrom the state govt. You still have the ones brought from calabar municipal council i.e the LGA council in main cally. Some of these bills are a bit negotiable but dont expect much.

Before i left,Nepa went on a revenue drive and cut the light of all big organisation using what they call MD meter. Accused them all of tampering with their meters and gave us what they called bill of loss of revenue = #150,000, reconnection fee of #10,000 and you still have your nepa bill to pay oo
Buisnesses are moving out of calabar.

O boy. I hereby withdraw my complain.
A friend of mine is planning to run away from Abia because of the levies. hope he doesnt run to calabar.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by johnstar(m): 5:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
9. Wetn concern we wey dey lag na undecided, make una carry una wahala go jawe grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by LEvuls(m): 5:08pm On Jul 09, 2013
Ladvies talk ok i ll be right bak
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by creativemusic: 5:09pm On Jul 09, 2013
this governor will kill his people with levies ooooooooooooo remember next election oooooo you people of Abia state grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by ow11(m): 5:44pm On Jul 09, 2013
As amazing as this sounds, A lot of Nigerians sincerely believe we do not pay taxes and complain like b1tches about taxes in foreign countries.

The amount of taxes Nigerians pay are astronomial as the government provides next to nothing for these payments. Imagine after all these levies, I wonder if the business can pay a living wage to its employees.

I will bash anyone's head that comes to this forum to claim that Nigeria is a tax free haven!

Well Abians know what to do at the polls! vote out PDP or at least the business owners can launch a protest at the state house of assembly and governor's office stating the need to allow banks to collect the revenue on its behalf and also bloody make them affordable!

1 Like

Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by wilxz(m): 5:52pm On Jul 09, 2013
betterabia:

O boy. I hereby withdraw my complain.
A friend of mine is planning to run away from Abia because of the levies. hope he doesnt run to calabar.

Lol You don see the one wey pass Bishop, na him make u withdraw ur complain abi
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by sexkilzaphull: 5:55pm On Jul 09, 2013
So after all these complaints, what are you gonna do? Is there any magic that will improve the lot of Abia when another PDP governor obviously supported by Orji, perhaps a current member of his cabinet becomes the next governor? Well, if you people want your lot to be different, vote for progressive leadership like ACN (now APC) gave the SW. It is not by force but please do not complain to us about high taxes not being used to do much if you vote for the usual PDP thieves!
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by 4peace(m): 5:57pm On Jul 09, 2013
Guy no be small thing o for ABA na true the op imagine serve paper in may and in june you're in court answering why you did pay money that will expire in Dec LOL

There was a day I went to Mr biggs azikiwe road to eat, na so. Some tout entered say they want to collect devt levy due,menh come see fight oo,can you imagine that they took away their microwave oven.
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 09, 2013
Na soo we see am for aba oh.
. If you are selling on the street.. I mean owning a shop along the street that one na him worst pass.. Local government permit, abia state government permit, if it's inside aviaries aimata fees many... All going into where? Letter he will come out to say all his commissioner and agencies are not remitting it to the state government...... And governor that uses read mould to plaster roads and uses Asphalt to paint the road... Funny governor...... Lol am praying for Rochas to come and govern us for just three weeks and we won't complain
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by Babaofor(m): 6:16pm On Jul 09, 2013
we were asked to pay 150.000.00 for borehole permit.I pity them sha na when somebody open my gate to collect dat they go no say i get matchet

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by betterabia: 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
se.xkilza.phull:
So after all these complaints, what are you gonna do? Is there any magic that will improve the lot of Abia when another PDP governor obviously supported by Orji, perhaps a current member of his cabinet becomes the next governor? Well, if you people want your lot to be different, vote for progressive leadership like ACN (now APC) gave the SW. It is not by force but please do not complain to us about high taxes not being used to do much if you vote for the usual PDP thieves!

u r trying to say ACN, CPC controlled states dont pay as much levies? pls give example.
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by sexkilzaphull: 6:31pm On Jul 09, 2013
betterabia:

u r trying to say ACN, CPC controlled states dont pay as much levies? pls give example.

Oga, don't misunderstand me please. I did not say they don't pay and I don't live in Naija. However, were that the case, my folks would have mentioned it in my hearing. However, levies, taxes, etc are the norm for good infrastructure and development only that they must be used appropriately and judiciously. The taxes from my own check here runs into hundreds of thousands of naira but when I think about it, I can't complain too much! I have the option of moving to another state and trade off something else but it doesn't mean there won't be taxes there! The case over here is different from Naija anyway. The important point is that the taxes are used so well you can see the effect yourselves and your leaders know that should they appear to take you for granted, they will most certainly be voted out during the next election!
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by seunfly: 6:53pm On Jul 09, 2013
mikeoh: Na soo we see am for aba oh.
. If you are selling on the street.. I mean owning a shop along the street that one na him worst pass.. Local government permit, abia state government permit, if it's inside aviaries aimata fees many... All going into where? Letter he will come out to say all his commissioner and agencies are not remitting it to the state government...... And governor that uses read mould to plaster roads and uses Asphalt to paint the road... Funny governor...... Lol am praying for Rochas to come and govern us for just three weeks and we won't complain
I thought some people here said Rochas is the worst governor in SE just because he does not go with usual crowd mentality. Gushh!!!! It is sentiment and biased mind that will render some people *****
I always knw that the truth will surelly show up one day, and it has just began more revelation will follow.
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by Justicemy: 7:14pm On Jul 09, 2013
Wow, dis is really a cool and easy means of extraction, as if dey wil even use de money 2 develop de state!!
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by bloggernaija: 7:20pm On Jul 09, 2013

1. Infrastructural Levy;

6. Drainage Levy (#600);

For refuse clearing.

Paying taxes is not bad in itself,but compelling people to buy a fire extinguisher from the government is illegal and should be challenged in court.
The infrastructure level needs to be defined as well.
Levying people without the necessary legalisation from the house of assembly is illegal .
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by bloggernaija: 7:20pm On Jul 09, 2013

1. Infrastructural Levy;

6. Drainage Levy (#600);

For refuse clearing.

Paying taxes is not bad in itself,but compelling people to buy a fire extinguisher from the government is illegal and should be challenged in court.
The infrastructure level needs to be defined as well.
Levying people without the necessary legalisation from the house of assembly is illegal .
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 09, 2013
Obviously from comments here...the govt use thugs and miscreants for the revenue drive. If that should be the case..it's absolutely an irresponsibility on the part of TA Orji
Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by obicentlis: 7:34pm On Jul 09, 2013
@op. This is even d least. I pay borehole permit, toilet permit, health fees, excavation permit, roofing permit etc.
This is the worst govt I ve even seen in my life. Govt of touts.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Levies In Abia State. Somebody Help!!! by obicentlis: 7:39pm On Jul 09, 2013
With all these revenue, Abia still has the worst infrastructure, even if any exist.come to Aba and see roads. You will cry for Aba. May God rule T. A. Orji the way he leads Aba.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

One Question To Governor Wille Obiano / Oshiomhole Offers China Major Trade Links / Aso Rock In Tensive Mood Over A Likely Trump Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.